Music tech thread! What do you have? What do you want? What do you recommend? Discuss record players, CD players...

Music tech thread! What do you have? What do you want? What do you recommend? Discuss record players, CD players, tape decks, headphones, speakers, noise gear, amps, anything.

I'm wondering what record player and Bose speakers to get, what would y'all recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IKzt9LQbbwA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What audio technica turntable should I get?

technics 1200

>bose
2/10

Anybody here know some good entry level noise gear? I'd really like to get into noise/musique concrete production, I have a Nakamichi 700 II and I want something to use its recording abilities on.

Got my second pair of beats pros couple days ago. So far they are treating me right, probably the best headphones I could have ever asked for.

I know a guy who works there so I can get discounts.

wouldn't take anything bose if it was for free

I would probably never buy them for myself, but I got them as a Christmas present and I love them, I've had them for years.

i highly recomend this track here youtube.com/watch?v=IKzt9LQbbwA

Alright then what would YOU recommend?

depends on what you want and what your budget is

Just try out any jbl's and see what you like.

>any
jbl makes a lot of trash products, though

My arsenal atm. Recently got hm5 pleather pads for the m40x's and they've changed the game completely for me.

I just want a nice set of stereo speakers to set up with a record player
I have $300 for the set, but I can find more expensive stuff used.

Is there anything superior to the Ortofon 2M Red in a similar price range? I'm looking to replace my (probably) ancient Grado cartridge with one.

get something like monitor audio bx1 and a receiver that has the inputs you need

Your right. I would honestly encourage going to stores and listening to some until you find some that are enjoyable to your ears, then check the reviews for those speakers, then process of elimination.
>Jimmy's Guide to Speaker Hunting: The Basics

I found M-Audio Studiophile BX8a in my price range, do you know if they're any good?

I also found normal BX8

if you really want active speakers then go for it
means you need a monitor controller with multiple inputs and a separate phono stage as well

Ah, thanks for the heads up, I'm not knowledgeable about tech. Do you know any good passive ones?