The "oasis was huge back in the day" meme needs to die

The "oasis was huge back in the day" meme needs to die.

they never had more than one hit in America and three in the UK
they never played a concert to 250,000 people.
they were never front page news.
they never broke any sales records.
nobody ever liked or cared about them.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34919975/sorry-adele-oasis-are-still-the-album-chart-record-breakers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>they never had more than one hit in America
In the US, Live Forever was #2, Wonderwall #1, Champagne Supernova #1, D'you Know What i mean #4 and Don't Go Away #5
>they never played a concert to 250,000 people.
bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34919975/sorry-adele-oasis-are-still-the-album-chart-record-breakers
>nobody ever liked or cared about them.
Well i like them.

im in the US and growing up i heard the name "Oasis" brought up fairly often. i didn't hear/associate them with their shit till recently so i always assumed they were some 80s synthpop band.

On the alternative chart maybe, but what about the hot 100

Wtf you never heard wonderwall aka their only hit?

Nice backpedaling

"Alternative" doesn't count as a hit, I'm talking about in the mainstream

Which is backpedaling because that isn't mentioned in OP.

Also, they've had three in the Hot 100, to answer your question.

i did but i knew them by "that band with the annoying nasally vocals"

this. And they had more on just radio because there wasn't a physical single released to allow it to chart on the Hot 100

okay?

Literally one of the best selling bands of all time

>three in the UK
You mean 26.

Hahahaha nice try

this. Not to mention that a bunch of songs off the first two albums that weren't singles are engrained in the public conscienceness anyway

Talking to yourself again?

*consciousness

>but what about the hot 100
A ^ "Live Forever" was deemed ineligible to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 due to its lack of an American physical single release, but peaked at number 39 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.[5]
B ^ "Champagne Supernova" was deemed ineligible to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 due to its lack of an American physical single release, but peaked at number 20 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.[5]
C ^ "D'You Know What I Mean?" was deemed ineligible to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 due to its lack of an American physical single release, but peaked at number 49 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.[5]
D ^ "Don't Go Away" was deemed ineligible to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 due to its lack of an American physical single release, but peaked at number 35 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.[5]
E ^ "Lyla" did not enter the Billboard Hot 100, but peaked at number eight on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, which acts as a 25-song extension to the Hot 100.[141]
F ^ "Falling Down" did not enter the Billboard Hot 100, but peaked at number six on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, which acts as a 25-song extension to the Hot 100.[141]

This seems like an usa/uk thread but i wanted to say that in Chile they were huge

They were huge in 1995-1997 in the US. My parents love them and they were around back then and remember it vividly

Lol how old are you

19 my guy

oasis SUCKS

what the FUCK?

Tell me more about your parents and oasis

ITT: OP getting BTFO merciless

because he's retarded

Same in Argentina

Cred Forums is full of twats that grew up listening to their shitty music.

Not much to say. My dad has all the albums and my mom loves champagne supernova and they remember them being called the "next Beatles" in the 90s. They thought the gallaghers were assholes but they liked the music.

“Oasis is TRASH XDDD” – Amerifat

Dude I love a lot british music even meme musicians like blur, pulp, the stone roses and even some coldplay.
But the thing with oasis just shows they are "definitely" shit. They never had something geniune to say really.