>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/54b2kxcd
youtube.com/shared?ci=BbwX3QO72wA
kijiji.ca/v-guitar/calgary/fender-squire-stratocaster-and-peavey-30watt-envoy-amp/1202655499
youtube.com/watch?v=oQKuwf455xY
youtube.com/watch?v=uLkd4DX3PxY
youtube.com/watch?v=YSh-YsyjpXk
guitarfetish.com/Strat-and-Tele-Guitar-Pickups_c_8.html
youtube.com/watch?v=RlfYUnYYBuI
soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/don-henley-boys-of-summer-airborn-reboot
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gaT3N5zZsoI
audiomack.com/song/martin-p-airborn/monasterio-de-sal-airborns-dub
seymourduncan.com/pickup/hot-rodded-humbucker-set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has anyone played one of these before?
How are they? Are they meme guitars?

>My Chemical Romance

Wilshires are cool but I'd only consider a vintage one. Epiphone was different back then. Also, why does that guitar not have the Wilshire headstock :(

It has a les paul neck and headstock

That's a terrible idea, the awful LP headstock angle is the biggest design flaw in the guitar industry. pic related will actually stay in tune.

Anyone care to resurrect the tab challenge? Make up your own rhythm and style for this tab and link a recording of it from vocaroo or clyp.it

That's a beauty but the reason I was looking at the other one is because of the tone control. People are saying it's a very versatile guitar because of that.

I PROMISE I WILL PLAY ANY TABS POSTED I MIGHT NOT POST A RECORDING BECAUSE I EITHER GET UNHAPPY WITH THE RESULT AND GET TOO LAZY TO REDO IT OR TOO LAZY TO RECORD IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT I PLAY ALL OF THEM

who /musicman/ here?

Do you guys think a Dano with some mini-buckers would be cool?

Me desu. Great musical

i guess, but part of the allure of dano's were the lipsticks i thought

Are you a troll? You're in every god damn thread with your weeaboo shit

Nobody will EVER want to fuck you

SUGOI IS THAT A MINI-BUCKER???

Yeah, but I'm not a fan of single coils. I just really like the quirky looks of Danos.

clyp.it/54b2kxcd
this isn't very good playing on my part... but this was an awesome tab challenge. better than most, so thanks for that.

That's was really nice, only a little fumble on the last couple chords. Good stuff

thanks, it's a pretty tasty riff, especially on acoustic. nice job.

Hey Cred Forums, just bought this pic related, and I would love to get an Overdrive pedal to go with it. I'm a total newfag to this as I've never bought a distortion pedal of any kind before. What is the price range from shit-tier to God-tier, what brands should I look into or avoid, etc.

Plini.

Anyone else listening to this kid? He's fucking fantastic. Can't stop listening to his new album.

youtube.com/shared?ci=BbwX3QO72wA

That's a really good guitar. I have one, you're sure to like it.

I suppose the genre of play you want can be important in deciding what drive pedal you need.

>prog
>current year

You can spend a fortune and get something that doesn't work with your setup or you could get something fantastic for under 50 bucks.

Price is not the ultimate determining factor consider the following

>What sort of music do you play?
>Valve amp or solid state?
>clean boost or more distorted OD?
>Do you like the tube screamer sound?
>Do you really want a distortion?

I have played this tab perfectly like 20 times and as soon as I hit record I freeze, what's wrong with me?

Trying to get into drone. do I mostly just need a sustainer pedal and some kind of distorion fuzz?

Get an e-bow.

You're more critical of tiny mistakes when you record and keep restarting to strive for perfection but perfection it turns out is really hard to reach. Imperfections aren't as obvious when you're not under the watchful ear of a mic

Everyone should record themselves when they practice

Definitely not Plini shilling himself two /gg/ threads in a row...

I want to get into playing the bass.

I grew up playing the viola and so I've always been decent plinking on electric basses when I've had the opportunity to do so (same scaling, etc) and I've played uprights plenty of times in a pinch, especially back in high school where "play each other's instruments for a week" was a classic post-concert de-stressor for the orchestras I was in.

Now, I'm in love with the sound of the Rickenbacker basses, maybe because the singing treble sound that they're famous for is so similar to the string instruments i grew up with.

I also know that spending $2k+ on a Rick to bey first bass is fucking stupid,so Cred Forums, what I want to know what's a good, affordable analogue to the Rickenbacker basses both in terms of sound and in terms of playability.

I'm pretty sure he's got a big enough following to not be shilling on a small general within a board of Cred Forums. It's just an autistic tripfriend who hasn't quite figured out how to post without being obnoxious

what are some affordable pickups i can put in a squier to improve the tone?

could i put a tele neck pickup in there for frankenguitar twang?

>what sort of music do you play?
Sometimes I feel like playing rock such as Van Halen and Zed Zeppelin, sometimes I feel like playing metal such as Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Sabaton, etc.
>Valve amp or solid state?
I'm still stuck with this Solid state Roland Cube 10gx that I really feel is limiting my potential.
>clean boost or more distorted OD?
Distorted OD
>Do you like tube screamer sound?
Yes

thanks ill probably go with this

>Plug guitar back into amp for the first time in a few weeks
>Persistent high-pitched ringing sound from the amp even when I unplug the amp
>Not sure what could cause it since haven't turned on the amp or plugged in pedals in a while

How do I figure out what this could be? I tapped on the tubes/the top of the amp and it didn't do anything

How does one write without constraints /gg/?

Get really, really high.

You can write in a tab program without your guitar to remove the constraint of what shapes your fingers are accustomed to and the level of difficulty you're comfortable with. Then what you write will come from the mind and not the fingers

Haha, I am sure that would help.

Like guitar pro? I might give it a go.

do amps go bad over time? what to look for when buying a used amp /gg/?

rotational velocidensity

Consider making them shorter, about half that length. May get more participation as people don't have to struggle as much and it leaves it more open ended.
It's too late for me to try it tonight.

I mean, amps typically undergo some wear and tear after prolonged use no matter how well they're taken care of. Well-built tube amps shouldn't suffer more than a bit of cosmetic damage, though. Here's what I would keep an eye out for:

1) Output transformer: learned this from firsthand experience when mine basically melted onstage during a gig. Either invest in a quality output transformer or look for an amp with one in it already.

2) Tubes: if the amp is not handled properly, its tubes are often the first things to go out. There are a few videos on YouTube which go over how to check tube quality and whether or not they will need replacing.

3) EQ/Volume Knobs: when these parts start to rust or corrode, you'll hear some unpleasant cracking/popping static sounds coming through your amp as you adjust your levels.

What do we care if you don't care record them?

When you guys buy used guitars and stuff from craigslist/kijiji, what do you do to test it out? Also, do you go to the seller's house?

Amp i'm looking at is a peavey envoy 110, just going to use it for home practice though. I'm pretty new. The offer is a squier bullet strat with this amp for 175 canadabux, but i might be able to negotiate down to 125-150ish

when I bought my acoustic I went to the dude's apartment. made me watch a gay Polyphia video.
when I sell stuff I meet in parking lots. I've sold a Small Clone, an Ovation acoustic, and a uke.

yea i bought my acoustic in a parking lot outside of a music store lol. wasnt an ovation though :P

just asking because im going to the sellers house tmrw to check out a guitar/amp combo and im a little anxious about it. wish i lived in murica so i could pack heat :(

the point of posting the tabs is to hear other people's interpretation of it

Ive had a peavey envoy 110 for the past 15 years. Its a good 40w amp. Loud enough to gig with. I just use it as a practice amp now and keep as a backup

What better way to hear an interpretation through another recording of ones tabs.

i guess if i buy it that makes us bros...

this guy has it listed as 30w though

hows it work for Eagles/Rolling Stones type stuff?

No problem doing that. That 3 modes on the gain channel make it really versatile. It will do everything from blues to metal

sweet, this is turning out to be a better deal than i expected.

this is the ad btw: kijiji.ca/v-guitar/calgary/fender-squire-stratocaster-and-peavey-30watt-envoy-amp/1202655499

my buddy has it, its only good for different distortion tones

Maybe something like a Wampler Plexi Drive (or clone) as a pricier choice
youtube.com/watch?v=oQKuwf455xY

or an MXR Custom Badass 78 for something a bit cheaper
youtube.com/watch?v=uLkd4DX3PxY

then add a Tube screamer mini and play around with gain stacking.

Getting a better amp eventually will help, but you can dial a reasonable tone with a cheap amp and some decent pedals

Should I get a Tone King Imperial Mk II or a Mesa Boogie Mark V 35?

Looking for a boutique 1x12 for bedroom recording and gigging.

What acoustic would you guys recommend I buy in the mid price range for mostly fingerpicking stuff, been playing for around 2 yrs and was thinking about upgrading soon.

This is an example of what I would usually play if that helps

youtube.com/watch?v=YSh-YsyjpXk

between those two i'd go with the boogie.
but what are you looking for in an amp? in terms of versatility the boogie easily wins, but maybe you prefer the imperials clean/driven tones more and thats all you need.
my opinion is the mkII is a great amp but overpriced and overrated, but i'm not the one buying the amp

GFS makes decent pickups for under $30 each but you're probably better off saving up for a decent Tele if that's you're only guitar.

we need to make so basic god/good/decent/shit-tier infographics for basic stuff. maybe some flowcharts, too, for the pasta.

save your inheritance m8

i have a good acoustic as my main guitar, i just need a cheap electric to throw some lead licks around when im jamming with friends (because they also have acoustic guitars)

Should I buy a Roland, ENGL, or 6505 head as my first tube amp?

>Roland tube head

Roland are known for Cubes not Tubes

oh okay well this should be a good place to start: guitarfetish.com/Strat-and-Tele-Guitar-Pickups_c_8.html

just do some basic forum searching to see which ones are good (all I know about GFS is they make good PAFs and Hot Rails knock-offs). Also be mindful that the plastic mounts on Tele and Strat pickups are different and would require some modification to fit in the other.

6505 most definitely
never heard an ENGL I liked

6505 mini. don't burden yourself with a full-sized head.

Are Bugera heads any good?

my only experience was my roommate in high school who used a bugera combo for jazz. they're pretty decent for the money.

Opinions on Laney amps?

sounds good. im looking at getting a bullet strat (lol) so my guess is anything will be an improvement

can i install them myself or do i need to take it to a shop?

sound okay but I've heard about some QC issues.

fuck if I know but Ill bump that. Im not happy with the high's on my bass and would love a similar build

>How long have you been playing?
8 years
>Fav guitars?
ESP/LTD, Musicman JP, Any PRS guitar, I've never picked up a bad PRS guitar
>Fav guitarists?
John Petrucci, Guthrie Govan, Mikael Akerfeldt, Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Buckethead

Can anyone recommend me an amp? I'm looking to upgrade from a Peavey VIP 3 to a tube amp. I'm looking for something for stoner rock/metal (The Sword, CoC, etc.) so naturally I went for Orange but couldn't find any combos for under $1000 and that's above my budget.

I got a new project guitar
Bought DiMarzio Crunchlab and Liquifire, as well as a new Floyd Rose Original

Should I install a kill switch?

>floyd rose
always good for a laugh.
youtube.com/watch?v=RlfYUnYYBuI
How long can you make it through? 57 seconds here.

1:40 and I'm not proud of it

like 30 seconds

used marshall 4x12; used Peavey 5150.

It's a coin flip. I know a guy who has been using his Infinitum 22w for a few years now heavy gigging without issue and a guy who uses a head and a Marshall 4x12 for classic rock cover bands that seem alright. On the other end I've met some guy on CL trying to buy a Superchamp from me after he said his Bugeras tubes caught fire. A guitar center employee who've I've met told me to stay away from them like the plague since the people who buy them with the pro coverage plan come very often with a tube issue.

>mfw this is actually kinda cool

Is this just a tremolo pedal, overdrive, and a Floyd Rose?

Do amps count?

think he has a killswitch as well for full memery

>listens to RATM once

I'm all for it if you keep the neck a lipstick and a single bucker in the bridge, best decision I've ever made. I could go more in depth on the sound of you're interested

Nah, he's using the pickup selector to rapidly switch to the muted neck pickup

I would be autistic enough to take part in that but I'm not a huge freak on anything distortion or shoegays. I could probably be helpful in Fender gear, fuzz, Reverb, surf, blues and clean or high headroom amps

That's not a bad idea. I'll have to consider it.

So effectively a killswitsh

I want real critique on this.
Is the bass too overwhelming?

soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/don-henley-boys-of-summer-airborn-reboot

>So effectively a killswitsh
Yes, but not technically

das tight holmes

i was actually gonna say not enough bass presence lol

you seem like a good singer, but any song where henley sings is hard to do well. he has such a unique voice

thanks
My woofers are rumbling at certain points in the track, for a short period, but I didn't want to take away any more bass as it is. I think I'll leave it like this.

guitar isnt loud enough, especially when youre singing. listen to the record again; you can really hear the main guitar riff during the chorus

good job though, few people even put the effort in to arrange a song. you would probably get babes if you performed this at an open mic.

probably right, feels ok to me though. Wanted to focus on vocal presence.

Considering replacing my LTD tele with another LP shape. Is it worth looking into mid range Epiphones? May even just get another PRS SE.

I've never played with anybody with my guitar before even though I'd like to. I don't even know what to do in that situation. I want to make music but I feel held back by my insecurities in making music.

Just go in with some ideas already. Then you build on top of each others ideas ie harmonies, changes etc.

focus on chord progressions
then some "kitsch" (very vaguely used of course) to enrich these progressions and then isolate an individual element that emphasizes and develops the vibe or melody

Some people don't even like Gibsons. The only Epiphones I can vouch for are the 90s-2004 Epiphones from Korea or Japanese ones and vintage Epiphones.

Post guitar players that you like

they do indeed, always wanted one of their amps or to at least try one but other purchases keep taking priority.
I assume that's yours? how's it sound?

Did they switch factories that year? I thought the main thing with MIK Epis was to make sure they were made by Peerless (who made the really solid Gretsch I just got in 2004 coincidentally).

The music I have in my head I want to make is pretty similar to hers.

rip Paco

Real good, built like tanks. It's like a 65watt Deluxe Reverb. You can get them fairly cheap ($400-$500) for a head or combo. I lucked out and got mine for $335 and the guy said he was a drummer and his old bassist left it at his house. I use it for both guitar and bass, gets me those nice Fender cleans and Ampeg SVT punch. Very good pedal platformer too. I just need to fix the three pronged cord, I also did the respray to surf green since I wanted more of a "pop" any other amp I haven't some close to wanting to buy other than a Fender Super Sonic (in factory surf green of course)

I don't know for sure but a lot of 2004 Epis (and Gibsons) have all been top notch. I think it might have been that swap from Korea to China because I had a 2005 SG Deluxe that I was not a fan of but it might've just been the body shape. My Gibson Cherry V is from 2004 and it's a behemoth.

Ty Segall

This dude recently had his guitars stolen

BLACK LEEPS

>tfw your alternate picking isn't even as good as Paco's fingerstyle was

Brent really looks crazy on stage, I love it.

I wish he didn't spend so much time with the synthaxe.

Who's that ? Three strings, SG and lucite scream stoner/doom/sludge/loud

Jake Orall from Jeff the Brotherhood. It's exactly what you mention but they add a garage rock flavor to their music. It's an early picture since last winter he's put on all 6 strings. I was cool to see him live, he plays "meme" gear of a Sunn Model T and 2 2x15 Dictator cabs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gaT3N5zZsoI

audiomack.com/song/martin-p-airborn/monasterio-de-sal-airborns-dub

dope

does this guy dye his hair or is that a wig

It's probably die

>three string lucite sg
>sunn model t
>dictator cabs
>meme in quotes

I've never seen a guitar like his before now. Does he have autism? Why does he feel the the 3 high strings aren't necessary? I think he has autism.

What's the better deal?

>Squier VM Jazzmaster at 399 usd
>Fender HH Jaguar at 599 usd

pls no bully, I'm on a budget

aren't those just the retail prices?

First, those are not 'deals'. Second, stop buying guitars based on their bodyshape/looks/other stupid reason, it's obvious. I don't think there are any other two pickups more different from each other than a humbucker and a Jazzmaster pickup. Decide what kind of sound you want out of your instrument first. Then again, you could be one of those 'aesthetic' retards for all I know, so whatever

How small is this guy? That Jag looks huge

Nah he had it originally made at 3 strings tuned to drop C like a bass since he's in a drum and bass duo like DFA1979 but they've had a full band if you refer to the picture and video on Dude you can easily buy the HH Jaguar for $350 used and the Squier VM for like $225 used. New Is only benefical on amps or pedals

even disregarding the pickup, they're fundamentally different guitars, one is 24.75" and has no trem, and the other is 25.5" and has a trem. I think the radius and neck profiles are also different

5'9" he mains a Gretsch Bo Diddley Jupiter that doesn't do him any favors

>New Is only benefical on amps or pedals
this is wrong

>benefical
>mains
bout to jerk you up family

It's a bad idea to buy a brand new amp/pedal if you want reliability straight from the store? Beneficial doesn't mean essential, some people pay $1,200 for a brand new Deluxe Reverb because of "muh brand new" or "first owner!" when it's also fine to buy a used one for $600

>It's a bad idea to buy a brand new amp/pedal if you want reliability straight from the store?
>It's a bad idea to buy a brand new guitar if you want reliability straight from the store?
your reasoning doesn't hold up

Is the boss metal zone a shitty pedal?
Literally half of every listing on my local equivalent of Craigslist tries to sell the pedal for just a fraction of the original price.

Maybe my reasoning is too complex for you to understand ;^)

or maybe it isn't

Yea it's one of those mass produced "baby's first pedal" except unlike the SD-1 or at times the DS-1 it becomes completely useless to tone snobs

It sounds like shit unless you spend a lot of time fine-tuning it, it's not worth buying or spending time on as you can just buy a better distortion pedal isntead.

What's wrong with the SD-1 though ? The demos make it sound interesting, I haven't tried it personally but it seems like a neat pedal for its price.

Nothing's wrong with it at all it's just some people use it as a stepping stone and sell it to buy an upgrade like a TS9 or Dirty Little Secret. I specifically use Behringer, Joyo, Mini Moer, and Danelectro pedals for this exact reason, some are even good enough not too upgrade

>bodyshape/looks/other stupid reason
>preference is a stupid reason
can you take your fedora off and put your eyebrows down for a second? I want surf rock tones.

>want surf rock tones
>doesn't play a strat
Get real.

>doesn't play a strat
yee thats why i'm here m8

>I want surf rock tones.
why the fuck are you asking us which guitar to get then, the answer is fucking obvious

are you going to be okay?

>drastically different pickups
>different fingerboard radius
>different amount of sustain
>distinctly different guitars overall
Yes, I'm sorry to tell you, looks as a preference is stupid reason compared to these. People who buy a guitar because they prefer its looks over another guitar which suits them more, are plain fucking stupid period. Looks should start to get important when the actual important specs of different guitars are either the same or they're not but both satisfy your needs.

>I want surf rock tones.
Seems to me you have no idea how to get those tones, other than
>Surf rock, that means Jazzmaster bodyshape, right?

Also, I think I know what I'm talking about because I fucking OWN an offset. Do whatever, man.

Well guys I pulled the trigger on the 6505 MH

>Behringer & Danelectro
Plebian/10
>Joyo & mooer
diamondintherough/10

I did not mean to quote you

>Also, I think I know what I'm talking about because I fucking OWN an offset.
Great man you're the coolest person to never do anything. 10/10 advice

>Also, I think I know what I'm talking about because I fucking OWN an offset.

>go to a thread and post bullshit
>get called out on it
>get butthurt as fuck
>n-no guys, I'm totally making fun of y-you
you can stop whenever

why does Cred Forums favor jazzmasters, jags, mustangs, duo sonics

if you actually played clean ventures type stuff it would be okay but you guys always change bridge, throw humbuckers in them, play with fuzz pedals...

this isn't fashion and I hate you art fags

Dick Dale, Strat
The Ventures Strats then offset.
The Atlantics, Strats

people like aesthetics. boo hoo. play what you want to play and move on

>play with fuzz pedals
Jazzmaster takes fuzz the best imo

Offset guitars are cringe as fuck. I'm embarrassed to own one, gonna sell it soon.

Nice, I have one as well and it's great.

>you can stop whenever

And indeed you should.

>half an hour to click two buttons in paint
good job lad

>jazzmasters, jags, mustangs, duo sonics
every time I see someone with one of these I want to kick him in the nuts

>And indeed you should.
Get out of my Cred Forums!!!! I have the coolest guitar, I make the rules!!!

why are you so autistic?

is it bad for the guitar if you put the pick under the strings?

u wot m8

>strat
>flying v
>sg
>jazzmaster
>danelectro
is there any guitar that jh didn't use? what a whore

Yes, it will produce nerve gas

You're embarrassed to own one because you listen to the wailing of the pre-pubescent crowd imported from Cred Forums

Also: Has anyone ever played one of pic related's sig guitars? I'm saving up for one and I'd like to know if they're any good.

Kind of true. If I see someone playing an offset guitar, I automatically assume they're a hipster of some sort.

>Cred Forums
you've got some nerve faggot. I'll have you know I came from Cred Forums!

I doubt it, might affect tuning slightly though

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

>guy wants an advice on offsets
>give him one, he doesn't listen
>say I own an offset so I know how they work and sound
>somehow it's hilarious
Care to elaborate? I'm open to all criticism.

Perfect example of it doesn't matter what the fuck you play, it is how you play it.

>Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016

>Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.
sheeeit, thi sis the 1st time im seeing this

>Perfect example of it doesn't matter what the fuck you play, it is how you play it.
>as long as you're Jimi Hendrix
kek

>give him one
when? you just projected your elitist opinion. you never once suggested anything. go fuck yourself you self righteous cunt.

Then you wouldn't be ashamed to own an offset.

Welcome to the future lads

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

Mustangs are the only cool offsets. The others look cringy as hell most of the time.

Saying actual specs matter the most isn't an elitist opinion, man. It's common sense. Dunno if you're that dude or not, if you are, out of those options Jazzmaster is the one you want, I guess. Regular Jaguar is more suitable, because its pickups are brighter and it has low cut option. Humbuckers and hardtail won't work for surf. That's it.

>worst girl azusa

Where did you give him any advice? all I witnessed was an edge lord shitting all over someone seeking advice (maybe a little misguided), but really there was no need to be a condescending sack of shit, maybe try being friendly and giving some constructive advice or any advice at all actually.

Kind of makes you stick out, almost as bad as trip fagging.

>azushit

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.

Never actually watched it, and apparently it's for the most part not about music, so I don't care to watch it.

See I was hoping that this show was a Meme perpetuated by Cred Forums in irony, but now I see you're all manlets living in your mums basement.

>stop worrying about looks and choose an instrument by how it sounds
This is technically an advice.
>shitting all over someone
I might've been a little harsh but this is Cred Forums, not facebook. Besides, being a little dick sometimes helps to get the point across.

I gave him an advice now so it doesn't matter at this point anyway.

I found it enjoyable in a casual way. But I dropped it when I started to watch the second season.

> Besides, being a little dick sometimes helps to get the point across.

Or it could present the polar opposite and deter him from asking and learning from more advanced musicians because of condescending elitists, leading to more misguided choices.

>This isn't facebook

So? does that mean you can't treat him like a fellow human being and musician? Impart your wisdom upon him and leave a good impression with a kind or even neutral demeanor while you're at it.

Has anyone ever spray painted the tolex on an amp? any specific steps for prep I should know about or specific types of paint to use?

you need to go back to where you came from

>Or it could present the polar opposite
And it did and I agree, that's why I said 'sometimes'. However, it has worked for me in the past, because I don't tend to take things personally and I'm willing to look past the berating to see the actual point behind someone's shittalking.

>does that mean you can't treat him like a fellow human being and musician?
No, but the 'Jaguar or Jazzmaster' question has been asked so much at this point, I'm deducing it's mostly kids try to be all hip and cool, hence my first response.

Sounds like you're the one who crawled from a cave, Neanderthal.

kek redditors never cease to entertain. seriously though, you need to head on back now

I play mostly noise rock, psych, shoegaze and ambience stuff at the moment - running a zoom g5, strymon blue sky, ditto tc2, dd-7, ehx p4k and a ce-5
I have about 175 bucks CND for a new pedal; I already get most of the sounds I'm looking for through this setup but I'm looking for something weird or different that would be interesting to run through. any suggestions? I was looking at the ehx freeze but I can kinda do holds on my dd7

>something weird
Boss SL-20 Slicer

Any of you guys try Yousician? I just messed with it for half an hour with my MIDI keyboard, was going to try it for guitar later. Can I use direct input? My mic is shitty and I only have electric guitars and no real amps (I play with headphones + BIAS FX).

Also, I've been playing guitar for a long time; how complicated to the lessons get?

>Isn't a shit posting 13 year old
>connects that with someone being a redditor

Well if the community is only as half as toxic as /gg/ then it doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

I understand it has built in reverb too? How does that work, is it controlled via the footswitch?

I think if I was going to spend that much on a trem type I might look at the Super Pulsar instead

cool. bye

>kek redditors never cease to entertain. seriously though, you need to head on back now
>reddit thread literally referenced in the sticky
this is rich

anyone else think that thumb horizontally on the back of the neck is uncomfortable af? I rather put it on top of the neck unless I'm playing barre chords or other shit where I need the thumb on the back

>beginner information
yeah we send newfag babbys away. and?

nevermind i see the fucking knob now

>yeah we send newfag babbys away. and?
this is how you spot underage b&

I need a set of strings and I'm broke. How can I make like $5 on the internet without too much hassle?

elaborate

I used to post on Cred Forums in my angsty years too user.

Genuinely hate this faggot

The MOST shit taste in metal fathomable.

I hear you can make good money completing surveys

failing that, getting your cock out for old faggots

jesus christ dig around your house for quarters and dimes

with your wife's son's assistance?

Me again. Still wondering what a good rick-esque sounding bass for under $1000 is.

If it even exists...

I don't have a music store within 100 miles so I have to order online. It'd be much easier to just earn something to go into paypal somehow.

what shithole do you live in?

prolly paco the taco from mexico

Haha, the middle of nowhere in western KY. It truly sucks.

I move mine depending on the situation
vertical to top
vertical to middle
horizontal to middle
horizontal to bottom
basically just move it to where it feels most comfortable for what you're playing

Who makes the best guitars? I want a no troll answer

Give some parameters.

There's no answer to be given, every manufacturer has a wide range of products, and most specs like radius, scale lenght, finishes are subjective.

go to /an/ post your paypal and tell them you have a cat dying in pain with cancer and you need money to afford the vet bill to humanly put her down so she won't suffer. mods will delete but you'll prolly get a few bucks before they do

Fender or Gibson. Everything else is a cheap knockoff

name 1 (one) song to learn

Martin are pretty damn good

here go steal the pics from this thread

NEED some help understanding something

The Pickups are everything for an electric guitar right? So if I grabbed my old laguna and stuck seymour duncan humbuckers in there, had the electrical problems fixed up, etc. I could save some money and not have to buy a new guitar, yes?

I'm trying to get into jazz and playing jazz rock, chamber pop, etc. but I'm poor as fuck. Looking to get these:

seymourduncan.com/pickup/hot-rodded-humbucker-set

Any idea how much a retail shop would charge for repairs and installation?

There's a big debate over whether or not pickups are all that matters. If the wood is fucked up the guitar might not sound as good, especially if it's not a solidbody guitar.

Aren't those super expansive?

The only majoy manufacturer aside from Fender, Gibson, Martin, and Taylor that sounds good in my experience is B.C. Rich

Really fuckin' good guits

the pickups definitely do help but there's a ton of other factors like the wood and stuff

does your laguna feel comfortable to you? that should be a major thing before dropping 150 on some pickups

Is it worth getting a new D-45? Obviously it costs a lot but how does it play/sound? That is if that's new.

Best girl is here don't worry

>B.C. Rich
>the only manufacturer aside from Fender, Gibson, Martin and Taylor that sounds good

please let this be bait.

Music Man as far as mass-produced guitars go.

It was my first electric. I've been using other guitars but I like the way the laguna feels, the neck is slim and it is a solid body guitar. I keep coming back to it.

I understand, thank you. Honestly, I'm going to save money and do it. It would be more price efficient for me but at the same time I'd love to jam on my first electric again.

Lol

Is The Kemper better than the Axe Fx or are they pretty much the same shit?

this. only the coolest dads play music man guitars

If you don't need the greatest tone ever, fixing your old guitar is probably the best choice.

Grow some fucking ears.

Are Keisel guitars good? I want a fanned-fret 8 string and they have the best options for customization to get all the shit I want, but I've never even seen one in person.

Lol

Pretty much, add Taylor to that list. That's my big four.

B.C. Rich isn't bad, it's just not that good. The guitars CAN sound good, but they're not the only major manufacturer aside from Gibson,Fender etc. that sounds good. I think Ibanez and Carvin are far better than B.C. Rich.

Music an guitars are generally shit if you like bend. Almost every one I tried fretted out on the high e at the 15th to 17th fret. They are ok if you think solo though

That guitar checks almost every box for me for what I find ugly in a guitar, lol.

That color for one thing, the weird glossyness of it, shitty looking silver hardware and the dumb rubber condom on the whammy bar. Also I hate dot inlays. And the headstock is uggs too.

I got this second-hand, so not quite as stupidly expensive - absolutely mint condition.
The guy bought it to hang on his wall, but traded it in on keyboards.
His loss, though it's the best guitar I've ever played.

I've you've got the cash, try and audition one and see if it's the guitar for you. My Om42 is stunningly good - there's something about the high end Martins that I haven't heard in a Taylor (yet)
I'd never buy one without playing it first, but if there's a guitar to take a risk on it'd be a Martin

you sound so fuckin stupid right now kid

Please there are many bands far better.

as do you for taking the bait.

>have wrong opinion
>get btfo
>maximum damage control and call it bait to save face
kek

46 seconds and then I lost it.
The whole Digitech Trem thing is cool when used by people who actually know what they're doing, this guy, is not one of them and it's fucking cringey as shit

Yeah i've barely got the cash but i'd feel dumb spending everything i've got on a guitar. I've got a 000-18 that I love and feel spoiled with but I'd like to get a great strummer one day. That's a beautiful guitar you've got, I just mistook it as a dread because i'm a noob.

Wasn't my opinion, I personally like music man guitars, you fell for his bait because what he pointed out is on every guitar that has;
>Paint
>Poly Finish
>Hardware
>A Trem arm

keks on you M8, 8/8.

Reorganized my desk, really enjoying this set-up.

Just need some real speakers. I've had these logitech pieces of shit for like 8 years.

Don't send yourself broke over a guitar!

But also make sure you keep your eyes open - you never know when something special might pop up - I was in buying strings when the acoustic guy grabbed my to try pic related.

Played it for an hour and thought it was the best thing I've ever played. Came back a week later with a friend and played it for another couple of hours and it was agreed I'd be retarded not to buy it.

comfy setup but shit place to hang your axes imho.

Why is that? I don't really have a lot of room in here. Gotta be compact.

Stingray 5 reporting in

Maaan my grandpa had a super nice martin like this and when he died it was gonna go to my dad, but my junkie uncle stole it FROM THE FUNERAL VISITATION, where it was on a stand next to his open casket, for drug money.

not the original respondent, it just seems an awkward place to retrieve them from, but if it comes to saving space then what can you do.

That wouldn't have happened in my family, he would have gotten a beat down and some hospital bills for good measure.

Ah, it's not that bad at all. I just stand up slightly and I can reach them. The Ibanez especially is like 2lbs, I love that guitar. The bass is kinda a pain in the ass but I can just slide the monitor out of the way for that one, and I play bass a lot less often.

>Tfw have the manufacturing and design knowhow for their CAD-position at the factory, but can't relocate 6 hr away

FUCK I just woke up from a dream inside a dream inside a dream inside a dream.

im fucking spooked

I wish that would have happened. He's such a piece of shit. He also borrowed my grandmas car one time and totaled it because he was fucked up. I was sad when If found out he was totally OK.

Damn. Now that I'm remembering all of this I really want to get a Martin.

If he were my uncle he literally would have been killed by my father and then disappeared from the face of the earth as if to have never existed, it happened to a 1st cousin of mine, sad bit of business as he was a good kid, but man did he fuck up.

How do I jangly with a Les Paul? P90 in bridge maybe?

Washburn

Luthiers.
If you've ever played a luthier made acoustic instrument, they're a grade above.

that is a beautiful bass, OP

Music degrees are just a huge waste of time right?

if you can get a free ride go for it

do not go into debt to get one.

Life is a huge waste of time just do what makes you happy

Yes.
T. Music degree holder with classical guitar minor

I've got a few opportunities I wouldn't have had, but I can't be an adjunct at a college without a masters(not doing that) and the local high schools don't offer guitar.

Music theory and classical training was the best thing to come out of college, makes you a much better musician.

Is the user who told me to get some sleep here?

pretty much what I meant by shitty placement. I just get paranoid when I see gear in cluttered spaces

>mahnigga.jpg

Thanks user for showing me a cool band, but god damn the drummer is a crack up to watch live, he always seems so unsure about whats coming next.

>fellow CAD and MFG major

Sup my nig. You enjoying your based manufacturing job like I am?

What do you do for a living with that?

Teach at music store and play weddings/a jazz duo of voice and guitar.
Make alright money, but there's no doubt I could have done exactly what I'm doing now with just the theory knowledge and classical training.

Spanish Flea by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass band

That sounds pretty comfy though. I just want to make enough money to pay bills and do drugs, and be able to play music all the time.

Consider dropping the drugs.
Regardless,
It is pretty comfy all things considered, I'm always pretty happy with it. The weddings are my least favorite part o the operation because they're consistently the most stressful.

Please help

I still can't figure out a solution. It keeps going even when my guitar is unplugged. I have a few pedals together on a daisy-chain power source and somehow I fucked around with that in such a way that it made it stop for a few minutes, so I guess it has something to do with that but I dunno what it could be, none of them have ever had problems before and everything is plugged in right.

What kind of people do you teach? All kinds? Kids?

Nahhh, drugs are too good. I mean, I don't do any crazy stuff. Just weed, LSD, occasionally some others. Never done or plan to do heroin or meth.

What exactly does scale length affect when playing? I have a shortscale and whenever I try to play along to a recording the notes I play are way too sharp. I know I'm using the right tuning. I also use 11s if that has anything to do with anything.

You could be using that money to get gear (which is a much better drug, trust me)

sup bros

Matt Pike is pretty hecking cool.

What's wrong with Fluff? He seems to be a very humble and polite person and at least doesn't wank when he does demos though his riffs can be boring and repetitive.

Sure is! And he's got nice taste in Les Pauls. And amps, over time. The Laney AORs, Matamp GT120s, JCM800s, Soldano SLOs. Pretty funny that doom/sludge/drone musicians are almost always the biggest gear queers. Lots of interest in gear, not as much in technique lol.

>I don't do any crazy stuff.
As someone who didn't do it, but who saw his friends take LSD, it seems pretty fucking crazy

>the notes I play are way too sharp
that's an intonation issue, not a scale lenght issue.
Shorter scale means you need a thicker gauge to meet the same tension, and vice versa. It also changes the different harmonics of your sound, but I don't know exactly to which extend.

>Lots of interest in gear, not as much in technique lol.
I wouldn't say that, you should see him play live and notice the little things he does.
Also he has one of theose 100 watt or 200 watt Blackstar heads now.

He's absolutely gotten more proficient over the years, from what I can see/hear. The comment was made with trolling affection lol. But it still stands for doom/stoner rock guys in general, though, as compared to more "technical" subdisciplines.

Anyway yeah apparently he uses the Blackstars in Europe? I wouldn't think he'd use them if he didn't have to, seeing as he's got all that other dope shit at his disposal.

I feel like if Matt is using a blackstar head he has a reason for it

Yeah sludge/doom stuff is less technique based, but I don't think it takes away from it, to me it makes the focus on pure riffing.
Blackstar stuff is pretty good, got its own tune, I'd say its like a Marshall sound with something else combined.

pretty sure he was sponsored a while ago

All kinds, kids through adults and as far as they want to go.

I agree, it's what makes it, tis my favorite kind of metal. Good riffs, occasionally sloppily played solos, nice ol' power amp distortion, all that good stuff. Was just pointing out a funny coincidence. And it's not that Blackstar stuff sounds bad, just a bit sterile compared to some of the heads he could use, namely the SLOs and Matamps.

>And it's not that Blackstar stuff sounds bad, just a bit sterile compared to some of the heads he could use, namely the SLOs and Matamps.

Definetly, I played some of their amps and I have the tiny Blackstar HT1R, but doesn't it being sterile opens up options for eq and adding pedals (which he uses a lot of) to color his sound?

That matte black headstock is real nice lad. Not usually a huge Stingray fan but I quite like yours.

Matt uses lots of pedals? I really took him as a power amp distortion kind of guy, rather than anything else. Then again I'm not super familiar with HoF stuff. But as far as general tone goes I thought he got his from the amp, the Laneys and Matamps during Sleep, the Soldanos and Marshalls during HoF.

iirc the live tone for HoF recently was 2 50 watt dark terrors and 4 50 watt rockerverbs all through aa 4x12 each with no pedals

I recently acquired an HT-1R. I would describe it as a "modern tube" sound. Generally vintage or older character is what people go after but I think the blackstar sound is very good. It reminds me of the mesa dual rects, but in a smaller package.

And yes it does take pedals very well. I just got a TS9 and it eats that thing up like candy. I am considering an EQ pedal simply because the eq options are limited on the amp itself but that's more an HT-1 specific thing.

>Matt uses lots of pedals? I really took him as a power amp distortion kind of guy, rather than anything else.
Not the most recent picture but he said that lately he started using lots of pedals because of his chase for the perfect tone.
>the Laneys and Matamps during Sleep, the Soldanos and Marshalls during HoF.
He seems to switch around with cabs and heads a lot between gigs, sometimes he runs orange, sometimes he runs marshall, and he mixes all of those things together.

Looks can be important. Next time you get an offer to audition for a funk band, take a BC Rich that's covered in spikes. See if you get the gig.

Huh! I guess he just kinda switches it up, ever in the pursuit of tone. How about all those stacks from the show Sleep did earlier this year with Boris? Fucking neato.

Anyway, regardless of rig, Pike's a cool dude and most awesome guitarist

I hate myself too, that's why I'm here.

Sounds about right, tone-chasing. I know he just got a custom fuzz/boost made by some company. Black Arts maybe?

I wish he'd use those beat to shit Emperor cabs, though! So neat looking. Not sonically too different from any of the other shit he could use, just aesthetically pleasing.

I'm so glad I got 2016's Faded T SG model, love how it feels and sounds.

I put up my Ibanez GIO up for sale, but the market here is not the most lively and someone going for this kind of guitar would be a mom buying her kid a guitar or someone who wants to mod it.
Speaking of modding it, I'm getting the urge to turn it into a fretless guitar, replace the electronics, tuners and nut.

>And yes it does take pedals very well. I just got a TS9 and it eats that thing up like candy.
I'm really glad to hear that because I'm going to pick up a Swollen Pickle fuzz in the following weekend. After that I'll see how much I need an EQ pedal because the amp right now needs some bass and mids boost.

NEW THREAD

>insecure faggots
>on Cred Forums
no way