You can only pick one

You can only pick one

The one you pick is guarunteed to make at least another two great albums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishmans
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shinji

i pick shinji
so much potential

jeff or tim

also who's the fatty

Do the posthumous albums count toward that? Specifically From a Basement on a Hill, and Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk.

My brain says Coltrane, my heart says Shinji

you serious? thats D Boon from the Minutemen

>also who's the fatty

Shinji>Jeff>Train>D.Boon>Dilla>Tim>Elliot>Nicky
I like to think these are the objective rankings, n9t my personal ranking of how I like them but just the untold stories and all that. I like how almost everyone is picking Shinji also, you guys get it.

>Shinji

Shinji who

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishmans

Some statistics
Coltrane died the oldest on this list at 40, Nick the youngest at 26, J Dilla, Shinji and Elliot Smith died at 32, 33 and 34 respectively, D at 27, Tim at 28 and his boy at 30.
And now I'm sad.

Tim
Because he wasn't going to make anything good alive

>Elliott Smith
I love Elliott a lot, and I think he would have made more amazing albums if he didn't kill himself.

>Shinji
The last few Fishmans albums and that live album were really great. He seemed like such a talented guy. No idea what he would have ended up doing if he didn't die after Fishmans broke up.

>Nick Drake
Nick's work is so amazing that I often crave for more, but his life/death are tied to his albums so much I couldn't imagine him putting out another after Pink Moon.

>Coltrane
Undoubtedly would have made more acclaimed albums. I think it would be interesting to see him live into the Fusion period of the late 60's/early 70's.

>D. Boon
I always found Minuteman to be kind of hit or miss, but I liked his style. More stuff like Double Nickels would be awesome though.

>J Dilla
I think that's his name. I don't really listen to hip hop, but it's sad a talent tied so young.

>Jeff Buckley
I have mixed feelings of him. He definitely had talent and Grace is a great album, but at the same time I think he was a marketing tool. It would be interesting to see more material, but I think he would have gone for an even more commercial sound.

>Tim Buckley
Amazing artist overall with a great voice. He was not in a good spot musically when he died, which is a shame, but there were rumors he was going to go back to the folk rock/psychedelic folk style for his next project. More classics like Happy/Sad would be great
Overall, It's a hard pick, but I'd have to say Tim Buckley because of his unique and powerful voice.

>kill himself.

nigga do your research

this

>He didn't kill himself

Conspiracy theorists can fuck right off.

If you pick anyone other than Coltrane you're a tard, a tard or a tard.

Btw the only good Shinji is Shinji Ikari

Either Jeff or Nick because the others all have fairly sizable back catalogues anyway

Let's see who you guys pick from this batch, who would you bring back? You can pick 5.
>Hank Williams
>Ritchie Valens
>Buddy Holly
>Eddie Cochran
>Otis Redding
>Baby Huey
>Marc Bolan
>Sandy Denny
>Chris Bell
>Charlie Parker
>Eric Dolphy
>Jaco Pastorious
>Jay Reatard
>Amy Winehouse
>Charizma
>DJ Screw
>Big L

Parker and Dolphy. Fuck the rest

Jay Reatard x5

Reddit is the other way, kid

>Big L rest in peace

This image is missing Kurt

The word "missing" implies that he belongs on there in the first place

>reddit meme

Definitely Elliott. I feel that he died prematurely and would've had so much more to say/do in his lifetime. I would've loved having the prospect of potentially meeting him one day or watching him grow older and wiser.

As for Shinji, I didn't know that was his name or that he even died. That's pretty sad, I guess. My next choice would either be Shinji or Jeff Buckley.

Nick Drake would be a close third on my list, died way too young.

Then J Dilla, poor guy was robbed of the rest of his life by a shitty disease. I'm getting sad now. Definitely Elliott first, they're all great though.

Well actually no because everyone in that picture was very talented and he y'know, wasn't.

Probably Eddie Cochran, Otis Redding, Eric Dolphy, Jaco Pastorious, and Marc Bolan.

I pick Buddy Holly, Otis Redding and Marc Bolan.

I think Buddy could go on to be everything he wasn't. He seemed like a chill dude, not too fucked up on drugs, so he'd probably still be alive.

Otis Redding's music was just good, I'd like more of that.

After a string of shitty albums, T. Rex released Dandy In the Underworld, which I really liked. He'd probably make some more good albums, reinvent himself and do something mind-boggling.

Also,
>Ed Cochran

PS. I'm new to most of these and Cred Forums please rec some music.

death grips and anco

The fact that Marc didn't get to hear the 80s drum machine sound is an absolute travesty.

Shinji, D. Boon or Coltrane

Come to think of it, Nick or Elliott would be great too

Hank Williams
Buddy Holly

thats good enough for me

I just wish this dude would've made at least one more album man

I like Death Grips. Will check out Anco.

Indeed. I read somewhere that he was interested in punk music, and I think punk music with Marc vocals would've been.... interesting...

Is the fat one D Boon? Or no? And who is the Asian? And the black sax man?
But obviously I'd pick Nick Drake

Yes it's D. Boon, asian is Shinji from Fishmans, black sax man is St. John Coltrane

Fucking Nick Drake

This

Not really a conspiracy theory, people are just not sure if it was suicide.