2010 - present

Are we now experiencing a new age musical renaissance?

Better than the 2000s at least.

The only notable albums there are HOOM, MBDTF and TMS.
Everything else is forgettable.

why is kamasi washington there though

take out tim hecker and kendrick lamar and I'd agree

Why should he not be there?

this

he's not a talented musician. the epic is bland and exceeding repetitive, with basically no point whatsoever. its basically filler the album, and only got notice for being a "true jazz record in 2016" basically

HOOM is the most forgettable album of this decade.

>he's not a talented musician
You might not like him. But saying he's not talented is just wrong
>with basically no point whatsoever. its basically filler the album, and only got notice for being a "true jazz record in 2016" basically
Please try to understand the point of the album instead of spewing genric Cred Forums-core posts.

Because hes a hack and you're a pseud who is the target audience for this garbage. Its mediocre borderline bad, completly conventional and talentless, to some extent even worse than the level of average top 40. But since it's jazz, right, and jazz must be classy and good by default kek, must be good and "patrician"? Fuck off.

Have One on Me is too long
New Swans is shit
Admiral Fell Promises is better than Benji
elseq is garbage
Kanye is an overrated hack
Death Grips makes music for spazzes
Tim Hecker is Marcel-tier trash
The Epic's only memorable quality is that it's three hours long
GKMC is better than TPAB

And what's your "understabding" of what makes such a bland and soulless album somehow any better than top 40?

Jokes on you I'm Christian

>It's not a love suprmee sdo its shit!!!

imo

hoom: haven't listened
swans: didnt like tbk that much, also for me isn't that innovative in terms of concept and execution
benji: normal folk album nothing new
elseq: interesting concepts, duration isn't a bummer
mbdtf: an acceptable innovation in hip hop, but i'd say yeezus is better.. runaway is the only song i can really listen to in that album.
tms: not their best by any chance... get NOTM or NLDW
virgins: haven't listened
the epic: haven't listened
tpab: please. hip hop trying to steal jazz instrumentals and sounding "intelligent". i have nothing against hip hop in general but i def hate this album. in terms of sound, the way kendrick tries to bland a free-jazz instrumental and dull lyrics like on the first interlude is cringey as hell. i'd not take this as an innovative or even good album.

My god, people you like arw fucking disgusting. I will never understand why some people subscribe to "alternative" music when their hand is being held and they're being spoonfeed through it the entire time. Its not shit, its just completly average and mediocre. Its on part with a student project in a music major, ita competent but terribly unimaginative. That's why it's completly accurate to say it's basically top 40 in all but image.

Have you studied the album?
Seen a look behind the album?
No, Probably not. you just listen to the album once. Didnt think about whats going on during the album. Though
>Welllllll its not miles or coltrane, so its just avereage jazz
Just another Cred Forumstant who thinks modern and creative jazz is shit with no true explanation besides
>ITs avage wahh

name one thing creative about it. much better and more innovative jazz albums came out that year. i can list a few if it would make you feel better

Can you name a more ambitious jazz album?

name one thing creative about it. much better and more innovative jazz albums came out that year. i can list a few if it would make you feel better

ambition ≠ success
i could say im going to run a marathon, and then if i fail halfway through is that worthy of praise

ambition ≠ success
i could say im going to run a marathon, and then if i fail halfway through is that worthy of praise

>HOOM is the most forgettable album of this decade.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAH HOLY FUCK GET OFF THIS BOARD YOU FAG REDDIT IS THAT WAY

How did he fail?
The whole album is well played and produced. I see no real faults in it?
Mind explaining?

Take your trash wifu somewhere else.

Why do you think I like Coltrane? Are you using that as a crutch to justify being such a brain-dead sheep in assuming I lack proper knowledge myself? Also, the retarded meta doeant make you clever or support your argument. It just reveals your butthurt.

he runs out of ideas and essentially starts repeating himself for the majority of the 3rd disc, the tracklisting makes absolutely no sense and has pretty much no flow, and his skill as a player wavers for much of the album, as he is given the spotlight as a soloist and flounders completely

First off. Are you implying thses posts Are mines? Because they are not. I have no idea why bringing them up is suppose to prove.

Also. You lack a way of defending your bullshit statements. You have proved to me you have no real knowledge about the album.

I don't think anything will ever top the 73-80 or wherever you want to place the barriers. So many good albums, so many good bands,

>What's Going On
>Rumours
>The Stranger
>Pink Floyd
>Talking Heads
>The Clash
>Lou Reed
>Sex Pistols
>Eagles
>Bob Marley
>The Cars

Of all albums with 40 million or more copies sold (there are 8) 6 are from this era. One is from 1982 as well. Even if you don't particularly like these groups you have to acknowledge the sheer amount of awesome music that came out of this era. You could cut it even shorter like 76-80 if you want. 77, 78 were just ridiculous.
>Talking Heads: 77
>Sex Pistols
>Animals
>Rumours
>The Clash (eponymous debut album)
>Bat Out of Hell
>Exodus (Bob Marley)
>Saturday Night Fever

>3 10/10
>4 9/10
>1 8/10
>1 6/10

Anybody want to guess which one's?

whats going on and talking heads are the only good albums here

>Animals
>WYWH
>DSotM
>Remain in Light
>The Stranger
>The Cars (eponymous)
>Never Mind the Bollocks
>etc.

>10/10
hoom, virgins, money store
>9/10
benji, tbk, mbdtf, elseq
>8/10
tpab
>6/10
the epic

how'd i do

I agree somewhat "objectively" but these are my favorite era's:

65-69

96-2001

2013-2016-

Ok. You're just b8ing.
I feel bad wasting my time with trolls and giving them attention.

You're really off, but you have one 10/10 right

Bad. Shut up.

friendly reminder kamasi's epic is ACTUALLY a good record. It's fun, entertaining and has nice ideas all over it. It's not perfect, neither groundbreaking, but it's for sure a pleasant album. This is coming from an avid jazz listener.

>HOOM
Boring
>To Be Kind
AOTY 2014
>Benji
Pretty good
>Elseq 1-5
Insanely long but good
>MBDTF
Pretty good but extremely overrated
>The Money Store
Not their best but excellent
>Virgins
Shit, shittity shit
>The Epic
Overrated, generic and forgettable
>To Pimp A Butterfly
The pinaccle of overrated music from this decade, really, Kendrick went full pretentious and fucked up everything

also I forgot to mention that piano solos are extremely simplistic and bad. The mixing is kinda poor aswell, but that's about it. I still enjoy this record.

B8

thank you for appreciating my post, took me a while to write.

96-2001 is pretty awesome too!
>Aeroplane
>Modest Mouse (the good part)
>Pinkerton
>OutKast
>OK Computer, Kid A
>Californication
>Is This It
>Since I Left You
>Discovery
>Good Eminem
>Gorillaz
>Glow Pt. 2

i'm not baiting at all. there were great records that came out in this era and the ones he listed arent

oh it definitely has its highlights. miss understanding and change of the guard are masterful, its just the rest of the album that suffers unfortunately. the man has potential, and im hyped for the possibility of a future album from him that improves upon it

welp

Hey user I'm hurt by the whole Samberg thing too but you know you're just making yourself look stupid by lashing out and saying ridiculous things. Joanna isn't reading this and HOOM is fucking timeless so please calm down

I'lll give it to ya:

10/10: Virgins, Benji, TPAB

9/10: HOOM, To Be Kind, The Epic, The Money Store

8/10: Ye'

6/10: Elseq

>death grips above kendrick
lel

Kendrick album confused muh-through-composed-complexity for quality. Utter shlock of the highest order.

13 miles is still a good run and half-marathons are a thing
bad analogy

>le ebin
>9/10
nikka what

Pretty close