nobody thinks anything on the left side i avant garde

i think tho

holy shit why did you make that image

TVU, Loveless, & TKOL are too accessible

Swap out Sung Tongs with STGSTV

Through in some free jazz

Maybe add cLOUDDEAD so there's some hip hop on the avant-garde side

boredom
Sung Tongs sounds way too different from anything else, whereas Spirit is relatively tame with only a couple minutes of harsh noise. John Zorn is free jazz and I havent listened to cLOUDDEAD so I didn't put it up, if I included stuff I hadn't listened to then Lemonade would be on "avant garde"

this is satire, right? OK Computer on the left, TKOL on the right?

also

avant-garde isn't just stuff that's kind of hard to listen to or "patrician", real avant-garde stuff is not gonna be half as accessible as any of this. people just call everything inaccessible that they think is cool "avant-garde" the term is like meaningless at this point

None of them are avant-garde. It's all normie shit.

Neither side is avant-garde you pseudo-intellectual teenage retard.

>either side
>avant-garde

None of those albums are avant-garde

>either side
>avant garde

this is embarrassing

what am I supposed to put OKC on the right and TKOL on the left?

>pop music that uses avant-garde elements because they're "lolsowacky xD" is "avant-garde"
>pop music that uses avant-garde elements because they're "lolsowacky xD" is avant-garde.
uh...?

>all pop albums
>avant-garde
Kek

>trout mask replica
>pop album

>trout mask replica
>anything but an overglorified outsider blues record

You could not make the chart

what a dumb image lmao ur so fukn gay

this belongs in /cringe/

Do people really think any of the albums up there are avant-garde?

youd be surprised

As a rule of thumb, if the album doesn't look like this, it's probably not avant-garde.

>avant-garde

literally only two of those albums are avant garde
did you just decide to list off all mucore and put it on a chart

none album on pic is avant-garde anyway

TMR and TVU&N?

wew lads I was just asking if it was accurate

also Earth 2 tbqh

Ege bamyasi is the only avant-garde album on there you fucking retard. In what way is tvu&n avant-garde? It's rock

tvu&n is more folk than rock though

Still not avant-garde. It's literally a pop album directed by some Jew on dope.

>earth 2

sadly I know people who think that album is avant garde

who the actual fuck thinks that DSOTM is avant garde. are you retarded?

Avant-garde is such a misused term, literally just look up what it means and you'll realise you could argue the case that everything in that image is "avant-garde", perhaps due to their popularity and influence more so the albums on the left than those on the right. Avant-gardism has nothing to do with abstraction or being "artsy" and all about progressive approaches to the creation of art and a general forward-thinking ideology. There is absolutely nothing avant-garde about Swans music and if asked I think the members would contend that they're anti-avant-garde

also weak bait faggot

>rock
>avantgarde

>stockhausen

Just because they're memed to death doesn't mean American Football and Neutral Milk Hotel didn't do some pretty original things are weren't very influential.

>"You know what's really avant garde? Wilco."
t. No One Ever