/classical/

Cello is the best instrument edition.

>inb4 how do I into classical? posts
>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others.
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces.
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century.
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix.
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings.
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks).
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic.
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Crudblud stuff
crudblud.sjm.so/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0Wcg6FZyHA
soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/giovanni-sollima-terra-aria-airborns-percussive-dub
www4.zippyshare.com/v/eSGfznaY/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Y74b2gDHLUA
youtube.com/watch?v=IbvKDxT6vQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZREV7Zx9PE
dubtrack.fm/join/classical-music-from-medieval-to-contemporary
youtube.com/watch?v=G24zgqUEqoI
pastebin.com/gq7Tt0Ts
rogerscruton.com/about/music/understanding-music/181-nietzsche-on-wagner
youtube.com/watch?v=hnLl0OMuDX0
youtube.com/watch?v=944OIY1F5fg
youtube.com/watch?v=SzYF6kfi2BM
youtube.com/watch?v=WULDLz-WUxM
strawpoll.me/11351129/
youtube.com/watch?v=KNTxhXTrDl0&t=2m44s
a.uguu.se/feHQOLfXmPN3.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=vOvXhyldUko
youtube.com/watch?v=e1j_K752Wac
youtube.com/watch?v=g9lo9ZDYuDU
youtu.be/q1E7ixkKFCc?t=178
theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/02/schubert-piano-trios-op-99-and-100-review-staier-sepec-dieltiens
youtube.com/watch?v=0shs5JRaQN4
youtube.com/watch?v=T7BsVeZZmhk
youtube.com/watch?v=SjSfUisPFWM
youtube.com/watch?v=fPp3Qh-GRqs
youtube.com/watch?v=r30D3SW4OVw
youtube.com/watch?v=mmCnQDUSO4I
amazon.com/dp/B003AOULM0/ref=twister_B01E4H6QWK?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=A0Wcg6FZyHA

Is there a better piece of music than Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 in E flat major?

when will this meme die?

what is your favorite mahler lads? Im just getting into him. I've really enjoyed 1 and 5

Rip nevil marner

>mahler

When will this meme die?

Favorite schubert, lads?

you cannot find a more beautiful cello piece than that

soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/giovanni-sollima-terra-aria-airborns-percussive-dub

why butcher it with the percussion though

LAST WEEK'S THEME: 20th Century
COMPILED BY: First timer

NEXT WEEK'S THEME: 19th Century
COMPILED BY: First timer

www4.zippyshare.com/v/eSGfznaY/file.html

>not marriner edition

kill you'reself

DLVDE
Symphony 4
Des Knaben Wunderhorn

Don't get the hype over 2 though, the good bit only comes after sitting through 40 minutes of extremely boring stuff.

how do i into wagner? is he worth listening to beyond the meme overtures and preludes?

Yes.

Just go for the Ring cycle. If it's not for you, then Wagner probably isn't for you.

Guys, that was kinda disappointing.

This.
What is your favorite recording of his /classical/?
Yes. Listen to Tristan and ignore He's a faggot.
Try a different recording, the performers there are old and far past their prime.

Tristan is great but I honestly believe that if you can't sit through the Ring cycle at least once then there's not point 'attempting' Wagner. The most difficult thing about it is setting time aside to watch it since people don't often have the attention span if they're just watching a recording (as opposed to a live performance).

Sure you can watch Tristan, Parsifal or Meistersingers if you want mature Wagner in a slightly more bitesize (if you can use the expression when speaking about Dicky W.) sample, or else Tannhauser, Lohengrin or Hollander if you want early Wagner.

Or you can watch Rheingold and if you're interested in continuing, you'll likely end up doing the cycle anyway. If you decide it's not worth it then, as I say, Wagner probably isn't for you.

and by early period I mean the stuff that is better than 'true' early period Wagner like Rienzi

Really like the textures you can get with a cello.
One of my favorite piece is Kottos
youtube.com/watch?v=Y74b2gDHLUA

If you want to listen to the ring it's better to just break it up over a course of a few days.
Wagner himself didn't expect anyone to marathon through all ~14-16 hours of it.

Yeah that's what I meant. I didn't mean sit down to watch all four back to back. Maybe that wasn't clear.

Watch Rheingold. If it interests you then you'll probably watch the rest of the ring to find out what happens. If it doesn't, then I doubt you're going to watch Tristan and become madly in love with Wagner.

recs for powerful, soul-crushing vocal works?

Give me an example so I know what you mean

Mass in B
Johannes-Passion
Matthäus-Passion
Trauerode
BWV 225 - 230

youtube.com/watch?v=IbvKDxT6vQQ

I know the first two, but will check the rest, thank you.

I'd start with Tannhauser. Maybe his most accessible.

Can anyome rec some pieces that features melodic/haunting/beautiful music? Something accesible. I'd glad if anyone could name a few, I'm new to classical. Thanks in advance.

>Maybe his most accessible

definitely not
tannhauser is exit level wagner

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZREV7Zx9PE

>Mozart

fuck off man

Rly? I'd say that's Parsifal. Tannhauser is filled with lots of exciting music (especially at the start), it deals with immediately relatable themes, and it's only 3 hours long, which is short for Wagner.

WHY
ARE
WAGNER'S
"OPERAS"
SO
FUCKING
LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS MUSIC MADE FOR? NEETS? THOSE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WITH ENOUGH TIME TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT.

alright

well tell me about parsifal then

Stop listening to slow conductors.

Reminder to join the dubtrack room if you want to share pieces and listen together:

dubtrack.fm/join/classical-music-from-medieval-to-contemporary

Well, I've only seen it once, but it's pretty slow, and probably Wagner's weirdest opera (not even sure it should be called an opera). It's one of the most moving musical experiences I've ever had, though.

>Bach
Passions
B Minor Mass
Easter/Christmas/Ascension Oratorios
Lots of cantatas that I can't be bothered to list at the moment. Just listen to one every Sunday (corresponding to the Lutheran church calendar) and have a good time
>Barber
Prayers of Kierkegaard
>Bartok
Cantata Profana
>Beethoven
Missa Solemnis
9th Symphony
>Berlioz
Requiem
>Biber
Missa Bruxellensis
>Brahms
German Requiem
Begrabnisgesang
Gesang des Parzen
>Brian
Gothic Symphony (part 2 involves the choir)
>Britten
War Requiem
>Bruckner
Te Deum
>Cherubini
Requiem (C Minor)
>Gorecki
Symphony of Sorrowful Songs (bit of a meme but it's popular because it's soul-crushing and powerful. Or something)
>Handel
Dixit Dominus
>Haydn
Missa in Angustiis
Missa in Tempore Belli
>Humfrey
O Lord My God
>Liszt
Christus
Via Crucis
>Macmillan
St John Passion
St Luke Passion
Seven Last Words from the Cross
>Mozart
Requiem
>Penderecki
Symphony 7
Hymne an den Heiligen Adalbert
>Pergolesi
Stabat Mater
>Poulenc
Stabat Mater
>Purcell
Funeral Music for Queen Mary
>Rachmaninoff
All-Night Vigil
The Bells
>Schmidt
The Book with Seven Seals
>Schoenberg
Gurrelieder
>Shostakovich
Symphony 14
>Sibelius
Kullervo
>Stravinsky
Oedipus Rex
Symphony of Psalms
>Szymanowski
Stabat Mater
>Tavener
Song for Athene
God is with Us
All-Night Vigil (Veil of the Temple)
Annunciation
Funeral Canticle
>Vaughan Williams
Sea Symphony
O Lord Thou Hast Been Our Refuge
Flos Campi
The Pilgrim's Progress
>Verdi
Requiem
>Vierne
Messe Solenelle

There's a start for (mostly) choral stuff. Solo stuff is another question.

when did you see it

>Cello edition
You damn right, motherfuckers.

Gimme your best cello concerto, Cred Forums. Show me what you think you got.

autism

A few days ago. I watched the Horst Stein version on DVD.

It's all about cleansing of Christ from sinful Jewish blood, and timpani's "sound of annihilation" in Act 3 embodies the annihilation of all Jews.

Wagner had originally wanted it to be for the working man. He would build a theatre, set etc. Sell cheap tickets to workers who would come to see the cycle and then burn down the theatre with all the sets/props as well as the music+libretto. The political philosophy of the Ring is pretty fascinating really.

youtube.com/watch?v=G24zgqUEqoI

>timpani's "sound of annihilation" in Act 3 embodies the annihilation of all Jews

...are you sure?

What are some essential classical organ pieces?

I've gone through a lot of Bach. What else?

Franck, Grigny, Vierne, and Messiaen

Pretty much the French desu

Oh, I've listened to a lot of Vierne, too.

I've listened to Messiaen, but not much organ stuff. Will do, along with the others you suggested.

well you could trudge through some more entry level trash as suggests, or you could move on to Tournemire and Buxtehude

mendelssohn, reger, buxtehude, bruhns

add durufle, karg-elert to the neo-impressionist composers.

is widor meme yet?

I've already posted one long list of pieces so here's a pastebin to avoid more of the same. Not 'essential' by any means (and performances grabbed mostly at random from what I could find on youtube) but it's got stuff by a lot of the important organ composers.

pastebin.com/gq7Tt0Ts

>is widor meme yet?
I like his organ stuff.

I really really hate you.

I know, just that his F maj. Toccata is kinda like the moonshine sonata III mvt. of organ pieces.

Thanks, user.

I'm trying to remember where I read it, but I did encounter somebody arguing that that Kundry's fate at the end of Parsifal (i.e. she dies, but is no longer under the curse of being a cunning Jewish jezebel controlled by Klingsor) is wholly incompatible with the Nazi antisemitism with which Wagner is often associated.

Really wish I could remember where I read it because it was an interesting argument. Definitely wasn't Adorno or Shaw, but those are the only two books on Wagner I've read recently.

rogerscruton.com/about/music/understanding-music/181-nietzsche-on-wagner

This essay steadily goes from a strong stoic neutral opening to a complete disaster of a finale. Music is great for revealing how healthy or sick a thinker is.

Selective theology isn't interesting to me. We know what Cosima thought. We know what Wagner thought. A fragment from a work doesn't overturn this.

would wagner vote for trump y/n

Brahms and Buxtehude.

No, you don't do justice to his era if you think it can be transplanted onto our times. Anti-Semitism was common enough among the 'left-wing' then. It's probably an injustice to call Wagner a political-party person at all, he was a Parisian artistic rebel. His equivalents today are people who are too strong to care about political garbage like Trump/Clinton.

None of this implies Wagner was a good person or musician.

>His equivalents today are people who are too strong to care about political garbage like Trump/Clinton.
Lol. Yes. "Strong" people don't care at all about "political garbage" like the future of humanity.

Please fuck off back to Cred Forums

And here we are talking about Wagner instead of the pseudo-strongman politicians of his time. Fuck off back to Cred Forums like the other user said.

And no, I'm not using Cred Forums as 'le right-wing are idiots' meme, I'm telling you that it is literally the place to discuss the low culture garbage that is mainstream politics for this website.

>In dealing with Wagner's anti-Semitism, we should always bear in mind that the opposition of German true spirit versus Jewish principle is not the original one: there is a third term, modernity, the reign of exchange, of the dissolution of organic bonds, of modern industry and individuality [...] Wagner's attitude towards modernity is not simply negative but much more ambiguous: he wants to enjoy its fruits, while avoiding its disintegrative effects - in short, Wagner wants to have his cake and eat it. For that reason, he needs a Jew: so that, first, modernity - this abstract, impersonal process - is given a human face, is identified with a concrete, palpable feature; then, in a second move, by rejecting the Jew which gives body to all that is disintegrated in modernity, we can retain its advantages. In short, anti-Semitism does not stand for anti-modernism as such, but for an attempt at combining modernity with social corporatism which is characteristic of conservative revolutionaries.
>And what about the final call of the Chorus 'Redeem the Redeemer!', which some read as the anti-Semitic statement 'redeem/save Christ from the clutches of the Jewish tradition, de-Semitize him'? What if we read this line more literally, as echoing the other 'tautological' statement from the finale, 'the wound can be healed only by the spear which smote it'? Is this not the key paradox of every revolutionary process, in the course of which not only is violence needed to overcome the existing violence, but the revolution, in order to stabilize itself into a New Order, has to eat its own children?

Really makes you think

Why do you think I'm from Cred Forums? I'm voting for Jill Stein, btw.

Would he vote for Trump tho. His politics are relevant to his music.

facts.

Everything of his is enjoyable except the 7th symphony, in my opinion.

The two final Piano Trios, last three Sonatas, Quintet, late lieder, etc. Usual Chamber music suspects.

Weirdly enough I don't really like his 9th Symphony like I used to.

No, because he wasn't a United States citizen.

No. For one, the aristocratic/royal patronage of the arts is gone. How would Wagner get funding?

Trump would gut orchestras and the arts. Trump doesn't give a shit about that stuff. Also, Trump's an idiot, and Wagner was a lot more intelligent than to follow someone like this.

show me something better than this

youtube.com/watch?v=hnLl0OMuDX0

Going through his lieder and the moment and discovering some nice stuff.
D852 (and 875A); D193; D737; D770; D853; D882; D800; D756; D843; D902; D932

Favourite of the song cycles is probably Schwanengesang, but I'd imagine I'll be listening to a lot of Winterreise in the coming month.
Der Hirt auf dem Felsen is one of the best things Schubert wrote.
D930 is quite charming
Symphony 9 is definitely in my top 10 favourite symphonies, if not my top 5
Haven't listened to enough of his string quartets to have much of an opinion beyond I quite like Death and the Maiden
Piano Trio no. 2 obviously
Arpeggione Sonata
F minor fantasia for four hands
D960; D760

>mushroom man

when will this meme die

When CLT does

im not a cellist but, looking across the orchestra from the violin sections. the way theyre able to jump across the fingerboard.. its pretty remarkable.

Ah, that makes sense.

The cello has one of the widest ranges of any instrument, and they often make full use of it.

It also has the privilege of being the greatest soloist instrument for that reason. A cello can speak in any voice worth using.

Smetana's Vhyserad tho, holy shit

>It also has the privilege of being the greatest soloist instrument
[citation needed]

The probably means after the piano.

*harpsichord

>two skeletons copulating on a tin roof in a thunderstorm

*organ

I am unironically a Mahlerian.

what's wrong with Mahler

Wagnerian aesthetics.

Nothing, hence my being a Mahlerian unironically.

what's wrong with Wagner

Decadence, as described here >Thus Wagner’s music is a failure in all three dimensions of musical order: melody, rhythm and harmony. And the failure stems from the adverse use of music, to inflate the sentiments attached to scenes and characters that do not really contain them. To put the point directly: the defects of form stem from defects of content. Because the content is faked, so is the form.

Anti-semitism

post float-y piano music that sounds like God is talking to you

youtube.com/watch?v=944OIY1F5fg
youtube.com/watch?v=SzYF6kfi2BM
youtube.com/watch?v=WULDLz-WUxM

Nietzsche was just mad that Wagner wouldn't fuck his boi pucci

Nietzsche was a hack philosopher that couldn't compose worth a shit

strawpoll.me/11351129/

coudln't select both options, didn't vote

The article explores that (although curtly).
The article explores that.

>Nietzsche was a hack philosopher
now Cred Forums hates on nietzsche?

What was the greatest use of classical music in video games?

My vote goes for Civilization 4 (especially the modern era).

Personally I've never felt as if the sentiments of his music or scripts were over-inflated or exaggerated to the point where it feels 'faked'.

The only thing that really felt closest to that were some of the eye-rolling and forced re-cap scenes that parts of the Ring had.

>playing video games past the age of 13

wew

kys

Decaux's la mer from clairs de lune
scriabin poeme op 32 no 1 or op 17 no 3, sonata 2 (you probably know these)
youtube.com/watch?v=KNTxhXTrDl0&t=2m44s
John ireland decorations
frank bridge dew fairy or sunset
urmas sisask op 24 sonata for 4 hands
sabaneyev op 1 no 2
emmanuel's 2nd sonatine , 3rd sonatine mov 1 and 2, 5 mov 3 and 5,

>civ 4
I turned off the ingame music once I started to get sick of Beethoven's 6th.

Well discussion of those sentiments is beyond Cred Forums (although they are challenged in the article), as Wagner's thing was a 'total art'. But what about the musical elements? 'Endless melody', 'floating rhythms', disingenuous harmony are associated with physical repulsion or sickness. Wagner's usage of each contradicts the established idea of what is pleasant and fluent, without justification. In fact, since they arise and complement physical processes, they shouldn't even need rational justification:
>Music is not a conceptual idiom. All attempts to assimilate the organisation of music to the organisation that we know from language are, it seems to me, doomed.[13] We understand music by moving with it, and what we understand is not a thought but a ‘field of sympathy’ into which we are inducted by the music as we are inducted into a ritual by the gestures of a priest. Dance is the primary form of this collective movement, and dance has a place in religious ritual for that very reason. If there is corruption in the music of Wagner it must be found, therefore, in the musical movement. In this Nietzsche is right; and he is right to question the melodic, rhythmic and harmonic organisation of the Wagnerian idiom in those terms. What kind of human being is it, that the listener is invited to ‘move with’ in this music? In surrendering to this movement am I surrendering something of myself that I should be withholding?

It's still a good question, faggots. Sure, finding something meaningful in video games is like searching for a needle in a haystack (almost every single video game ever made is dumbed-down nonsense for children or mandchildren), but it doesn't make sense to not even acknowledge that there is something meaningful there.

shut up

shut up

Tetris.

Interesting you bring up repulsion or sickness, since, supposedly, Wagner was purported to have composed after his numerous migraines. Siegfried in particular is supposed to be indicative of this. Though personally I have never made the connection until I had read about it.

Apparently his migraines were so numerous and crippling to his art, that he felt the need to implement it in some form in regards to his music.

>The first scene of act 1 of the opera Siegfried provides an extraordinary concise and strikingly vivid headache episode. The music begins with a pulsatile thumping, first in the background, then gradually becoming more intense. This rises to become a directly tangible almost painful pulsation. While the listener experiences this frightening headache sensation, Mime is seen pounding with his hammer, creating the acoustic trigger for the musically induced throbbing, painful perception. At the climax, Mime cries out: “Compulsive plague!” “Pain without end!”

Wow, interesting.

Well, this is certainly weird. I can't say I'm very "in-the-know" in regards to period performances, but I do like Staier.

Has anyone heard his recent release? The Scherzando from D. 929 is played in a way I've never heard before, utilizing additional instrument ornamentation in what sounds like a tambourine and some other instrument I can't really make out. Weirdly enough it doesn't appear to have a credit for this at all, as it only lists the pianist, the violinist, and the cellist.

Here's an excerpt:
a.uguu.se/feHQOLfXmPN3.mp3
Can anyone identify the additional instruments being utilized?

>schubert

FUCK
OFF

:(

Nietzsche was a poet and the herald of the 20th century.
Ascribing such a filthy word as 'philosopher' to him is vile.

Is Domenico Scarlatti elite?

Yes. All baroque is elite.

>watching
Nice meme. I'm hearing my Wagner with a text translation companion ONLY

What's some essential "Juden’ raus!" music?

> and then burn down the theatre with all the sets/props as well as the music+libretto.
What would be the point of this?

That has nothing to do with music though

i'll sound like a pleb but can someone recommend me classical pieces similar to the soundtrack of harry potter movies?

>inb4 back to Cred Forums

You might enjoy the music of such feted composers as John Williams and Hans Zimmer

Mahler, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Martinu symphonies.

Gustav Holst's The Planets, paritcularly Mars and Jupiter

thanks, what symphonies in particular?

All of them really.

Prokofiev's Lieutenant Kije suite has moments that are somewhat similar

>all those deleted shitposts from just one person
Wew buddy.

mods = gods

Mahler 1, 2, 5, 6
Shostakovich 7, 11, 12
Prokofiev Alexander Nevsky and Lieutenant Kije Suites
Martinu 1 and 4 Symphonies, double concerto for piano and timpani

youtube.com/watch?v=vOvXhyldUko
youtube.com/watch?v=e1j_K752Wac
There's a bit of background on Shostakovich in this one too:
youtube.com/watch?v=g9lo9ZDYuDU

It's cool how they have a button that can just mass delete your posts like that. I dont' even mind that it's happened to me before.

I've only seen it a few other times, usually they do it when there's so much shitposting from 1 IP that it's easier to just delete it all.

>Shostakovich 7 and 12

Top fucking tier.

Not huge on Shostakovich but personally I think 10 and 14 are where it's at

Interesting hearing a baritone taking the place of the alto in this work. I might even slightly prefer it.

I'm never going to listen to Shostakovich again.

But user, Shostakovich did nothing wrong.

It's your fault if you have shit taste

The more I listen to Shostakovich the less impressed I am desu -- except for his string quartets.

How do i even review classical music?

You have to have extensive knowledge of music theory and history in order to do that

someone rec me something i probably havent heard

'thoven 5

xD

>cello
>best
Close but no cigarette.

>Marriner dies
>now the living walking breathing meme Joshua Bell is the conductor
STOP IT
STOP IT RIGHT NOOOOOOWWWWW

youtu.be/q1E7ixkKFCc?t=178

>Marriner is kill
>Hogwood is kill
>Leonhardt is kill
>Harnoncourt is kill
Well I guess we all know who won the authenticity wars now.

He's substantially younger than most of those, not a fair comparison

Turns out that they were all playing on period bodies when big Dick T. was using the modern+improved version

Who are the best HIP memes?

Very odd. Doesn't seem like there have been many reviews yet so nobody commenting on it, but that is very strange.

I don't dislike it at all, but I would like to know the rationale behind it. Given that Staier is quite the HIPster, I'm sure there has to be some good reason for it.

But, yes. No reviews just yet. Except for the utterly worthless Guardian review which barely says anything about the music at all except the usual buzzwords, and, for the most part, just repeats what the album summary is on the back cover.

theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/02/schubert-piano-trios-op-99-and-100-review-staier-sepec-dieltiens

Who cares what the grauniad has to say about anything? LOL.

What does the score say?

Well it certianly doesn't call for anything other than a violin, cello, and piano.

Yeah I didn't realise how awful that 'review' was until I went and reread it. It has half a sentence about the actual recording, the rest is just telling you stuff about the score. I almost suspect the reviewer didn't bother listening to it.

Anyway, I made an account to make a provocative comment so we'll see if we get a response.

I would upboat you but I don't feel like making an account

After listening to a couple other recordings, this one actually sounds better with the extra punch added by the percussion at the sforzandi. The others sound a little dead in comparison, so maybe that's the reason.

>Cello
I think you meant Eb Contralto clarinet

I love Viola da gamba. What do I listen to?

Renaissance and Baroque music
youtube.com/watch?v=0shs5JRaQN4

ded

rotting

skeleton

Rehearsed a piece for SATB, string orchestra and electronics yesterday. Interesting stuff

>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.

Can someone post the chart, please?

youtube.com/watch?v=T7BsVeZZmhk

Is there a better piano trio Cred Forums?

Cool. Thanks!

>all competitors die after one another
This really makes you think.

>having to explain to your flatmates that you weren't watching porn with the volume turned up but were actually listening to Berio's "Visage"

viola da gamba

the story of shostakovichs life is almost as amazing and interesting as his music.
great taste.

im glad everyone in these threads is more receptive to 20th century composers now. i remember like a year ago trying to discuss ives and shostakovich here and getting all kinds of nastiness and negative opinions.

What is your opinion on Testimony?

thats too bad user. you really are missing out. the man wrote a wide variety of pieces, in all kinds of different styles and tonalities. perhaps you just havent heard the right stuff yet.

mem

it's an anti-HIP conspiracy

Hey stopping to say that English tenor Thomas Round died yesterday at the age of 100.

Tom was very active in the D'Oyly Carte opera company as well as the rest of the opera and gilbert and sullivan world for much of his life.

He died at the age of 100, his 101st birthday was coming up.

youtube.com/watch?v=SjSfUisPFWM

Anyone got any recs for powerful and/or dramatic waltzes and other dances?

The sort of stuff I'm thinking of...

youtube.com/watch?v=fPp3Qh-GRqs
youtube.com/watch?v=r30D3SW4OVw
youtube.com/watch?v=mmCnQDUSO4I

Got a free ticket to an open rehersal of Mahlers 6th symphony conducted by Rattle should I skip work and go?

That's because most of the trips that dumbass anons used to listen to were complete faggots and recommended awful shitty obscure Baroque and classical composers

SDF is probably the most based, I wish CLT would come back though. Calcium is a hit or miss

Go for it. It's a pretty difficult work to conduct, apparently. Should be interesting.

Cal is funny.

Do any of you have any guilty pleasures outside of Classical?

Is this a good entry level piano? I have a keyboard and hate that damn thing but I don't want to save up for something that's $10k

amazon.com/dp/B003AOULM0/ref=twister_B01E4H6QWK?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

It's the Yamaha Arius YDP-V240 if don't want to open the link.

You can get an actual used piano for the same price you know?

I thought you should always avoid most used pianos.

Can you give me a resource to look for some?

Abel, Hume, Locke, Sante Colombe, Marais, Telemann, etc

Imagine spending most of your life involved with G&S. Don't think I'd wish that on anyone

>I thought you should always avoid most used pianos.
Where did you read this? Used pianos can be perfectly fine. Just play it, and make sure each key works, and check that it's reasonably in-tune (of course, you'll need a tuner, but if a key is incredibly out-of-tune, it might be a red flag that it will never keep its tune).

People give away perfectly good used pianos for free all the time. Even an old spinet will be better than any digital piano.