Thoughts?

Thoughts?

My 12th favorite album B

Probably my favorite Beatles album. It's a shame that millennials decided to take it down a notch

It always makes me smile.

I'D LOVE TO TUUUUURRN YOOOOOUUUUU OOOOOONNNNNN

What would you think if I sang out of tune~

copied the kinks
got away with it

nah senpai

it has aged terribly compared to Revolver and even Rubber Soul, but it has it's moments

it's hard to see how revolutionary it was at the time

It's great

has it leaked yet?

what do you mean it's aged terribly? as in as it grew older people stopped listening?

fairly poor middle section to the album, flawless start and finish

Its aged very well...

music that has come after has made it sound worse in comparison - there are a lot of experiments that just sound old fashioned now, especially if you compare it to Revolver that is more timeless

People who think music isn't in practice always judged in context of other music have crippling autism. Albums beloved in their time become forgotten all the time while obscure ones become the beloved examples of their times.

Overrated, oh-so-quirky circus music hiding behind the vernacular of pop music.

>music that has come after has made it sound worse in comparison
How so?

Most albums nowadays lack the subtle human nuances as well as an unrealistic drum sound. So I would say music could be worse.

Could've been the best album of all time if Fixing a Hole was replaced with Penny Lane and Good Morning Good Morning was replaced with Strawberry Fields Forever

V good

I fucking hated Good Morning Good Morning

Even Lennon knew it was awful, he called it a throwaway trash song in an interview

bo Mr Kite is shite, don't try and deny it
Fixing a hole sucks obviously, as well as Gm,Gm
Album is a concept album for plebs... no real concept or even thematic continuity(apart from start and end segs)

>copied The Kinks
How about no

well we all know what its successor is anyways

i think lonerism is better than the soft bulletin

She's Leaving Home is perfect

VGPS does quirky english eclectic songs way better than Sg.P and they actually tie into each other thematically and with consistency.
It does not pretend to have a concept like Sg.P it is just is a group of very well written group of songs about interlinking topics and theme such as growing up, friendship and the quirks of england.

What the fuck is wrong with Fixing a Hole and Good Morning Good Morning?

The songs that should be removed are When I'm 64 and Within You Without You.

That album also came out after Sgt. Pepper's, tard.

Kevin parker hit the same vocal peaks in Keep On Lying

Lennon bound mouthed nearly every song he made, guy had a serious complex when it came to liking his work.

>sgt pepper released 1967
>village green released 1968

Implying release date is artistically and aesthetically important

Only songs i like from it are the first 3 tracks, When Im Sixty Four and A Day In The Life.

>what is context? gee idk

Meme tier album
Magical mystery tour did the psychedelic shit better

How so?

Village green and Sg. Pepe's loner band were recorded at the same time funnily enough.
Davies was a perfectionist so release date was delayed to 68

The sessions for Village Green kept going until October 1968. That's when they recorded Big Sky and The Last of the Steam Powered Trains.

Village Green is much better than Sgt. Pepper but neither band copied each other. Davis didn't give a shit about the Beatles and the album release dates don't coincide in such a way that could possibly imply one ripped off the other.

>Village green and Sg. Pepe's loner band were recorded at the same time
[citation needed]

Not him, but some albums sound a lot like the decade they were made, while others sound like they could be made yesterday. This is usually due to production, chosen aesthetic, songwriting style, technology limitations from the time, etc.

I don't know man. Those songs are fantastic. I can still justify removing When I'm 64, but Within You Without You is just fucking beautiful.