What.CD

I've been prepping for the interview during the whole week and I was greeted with pic related.
Is there no way for me to get in?

Other urls found in this thread:

beets.io
pastebin.com/Jh37ENnM
pastebin.com/uvgj7vy5
pastebin.com/gXHw25vm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just download Soulseek my nigga.

but I wanted to be part of an exclusive super-secret league of villains :(

Does it really matter? It's not really "secret" either.

lol

>tfw got my invitation for free during some random chat on IRC completely not related with music
I use TIDAL mostly nowadays anyway

where should I hang out to get an invite like that?
do they do invite events?

if you really want to get in get a vpn from a non third world shit hole country

It's Egypt right or am I getting it mixed up with another tracker? Wuz you a kang, OP?

It was complete coincide, it was on channel related to site with academic ebooks and I invited some guy who asked for invite over IRC. Then we had a chat and it turned out he had spare invite so in return he invited me to What.CD

hmm i wonder what country that could be

nah, not Egypt and we are not even that much of a shithole

I'll conduct your interview for you right here.

Question 1/1:

wuz u kangz n shiet?

i posted the following yesterday in a what.cd thread, keep it in mind before trying get an invite:

don't even bother getting in there. i got an invite like two months ago and it's almost impossible to maintain a good ratio there... seedboxes fucking ruined private trackers tbqh, if you don't have a perfect internet connection you won't seed shit so all that's left to you is trying to upload perfect FLACs to get upload credit, and good luck trying to find an album that's not already there. so if you want to devote your whole life to this autistic wankfest of a private tracker and search for rare albums to upload on what.cd all your free time, then take the fucking interview, but the Cred Forums archive already has 90% of most stuff you will ever need ... the jobless neckbeards running that shithole really lost touch with reality thinking anyone can get a good ratio there

what country

It's pretty easy actually, just do what I do:

1. Download random shit from Bandcamp in FLAC
2 (optional). Convert to 24bit FLAC/WAV to increase the filesize
3. Make torrent
4. Upload torrent, make sure to use a lot of tags like electronic, rock, pop, etc
5. A few seedbox users will automatically download your torrent and you'll get 700-1200MB upload, depending on your torrent
6. Profit

i don't even bother pirating music anymore. if i want something i just buy it. it's too much of a hassle and i have nothing else to spend money on.

plus my internet is shit so i would never meet any sort of share ratio and i'd get banned.

but why bother and waste time? XD everything is on soulseek or on Cred Forums hour or so later after eventual leak

Romania? India?

I like using Soulseek. It reminds me of the old internet days.

Romania is only off by one, it was Hungary

why do you need what.cd when you have soulseek, Cred Forums, and blogspot
music is the easiest thing to pirate besides vidya, i wish it was this easy for movies

>Soulseek
From the looks of it, SS seems like another one of those shareplatforms like limewire etc.
Or am I missing something?
Chances would be high I'd get a letter because of piracy.

Soulseek often has broken files (I downloaded a Bob Dylan album once, and for some reason I got lots of crackles and almost jump scare-y noise halfway through), crappy quality files (128kbps mp3s disguised as 320kbps, for example), and sometimes something isn't available while it is available on WCD

Oh yeah, and 70% of all files displayed when you search don't have a bitrate next to them, and that's annoying

>this mad
wew

Although I do agree with you for the most part. Seedboxes / ratiocucks did ruin private trackers and it is very difficult to maintain a good ratio, but you're doing it all wrong.

>wait for sitewide freeleech
>acquire seedbox because you're not a poorfag
>aggressively download every collage you can find
>seed as desired with respects to seedbox monthly premium
A good one will cost you between ~$10-25/month. If you're doing it right it won't be long before you acquire a few terabytes of buffer.

If you're short on cash and don't mind it being a little more time consuming for less reward, see If you don't want to do anything because you're lazy / poor / dumb as shit, just login periodically and bookmark things you can't find by other means. You'll get all of it the next sitewide freeleech or token distribution.
>too much of a hassle
Piracy is no more or less of a hassle than buying music if you don't have a learning disability.
>scripted tag proofing
>scripted folder sort
>set to my slsk downloads directory
>mirror what.cd seed directory
Same steps taken as far as searching and acquiring music goes.
Because the what.cd catalog has things you can't find anywhere else (unless you're an embryo).
>I wish it was this easy for movies
It's even easier for movies. What are you talking about?

but is there any way to look for v0 only on soulseek? I always have to end up looking for 320 kbps mp3s

>bitrate column
>[arbitrary value] VBR
fucking retard

>scripted tag proofing
What do you mean by this? Sounds interesting

the people content with the muarchive are not the people with tastes to take advantage of the library of what.cd to begin with, bitrates not even withstanding

>learning disability
i am pretty stupid though

that can be vbrs other than v0 as well user

Means a script scans my import directory and proof-reads tags and filenames for consistency with its catalog ID in Discogs.

Sounds cool, could you please tell how to do that ?

beets.io

Pay someone that knows python to write your configuration file for you.

Or I could give you mine, but it's tailored to how I personally tag my music.

Thanks! Isn't it for Musicbrainz instead of Discogs, though? Anyways, it would be pretty nice if you could upload your script, I like to learn from examples

>3. Make torrent
nice instructions faggot

1. File>Make torrent file (depends on what it's called in your torrent program)
2. Select folder containing music you want to upload
3. Check 'private' or wcd will bitch about it

There's a plugin called discogs-client you can download through pip.

>pip install discogs-client

You'll have to authenticate access to your Discogs account. The program has a default preference for MusicBrainz unfortunately.

>config.yaml (with discogs): pastebin.com/Jh37ENnM

>config.yaml (no discogs): pastebin.com/uvgj7vy5

In the first few lines, you'll need to set the target directory to your slsk download / seed folder / what have you. Keep in mind that the files will be MOVED, not copied, so if you intend on continuing to seed, you should make a copies to another directory and import there.

You'll want these as well.
>pip install fetchart
Might come with beets out of the box but I can't recall whether or not for sure.
>pip install request
>pip install pillow

This is a script I run after having imported the new shit from the target directory, so you need to set this to your sorted imports.

>tag.py: pastebin.com/gXHw25vm

To run, cd into where the script file is stored and
>python tag.py

Thanks man!

;u

at least you was kang

what.cd is literally embryo: the tracker though

>2 (optional). Convert to 24bit FLAC/WAV to increase the filesize
3. Get banned.

Seriously didn't even get a warning though, and I've easily uploaded over 60+ albums

Name a better music tracker.

My trackers are so underground that mentioning their names will get me banned.

>

t. embryo

If you need a special invitation and to pass an interview to download some music, it's shit. Cred Forums loves to be elitist, which is why they dickride What.CD. It's probably has alot of stuff that would be hard to find anywhere else, but making it a secret club seems like it's only good for being elitist. Use soulseek, take no effort at all, just search for what you want and they probably got it.

Ironically enough the what.cd community is more than half comprised of people whose primary website tends to be reddit.

in therms of dance music, db9
in therms of classical music, rutracker

honestly the amount of pop music/reissues of pop music/rereissues of pop music to other music has left me rather disappointed with the tracker

my main ratio income has been uploading obscure shit from usenet because people are too damn busy with katie perry torrents

how does one use soulseek? this shit is total mess. how do you find your shit on there?

Just type what you want to find in the search bar. It's not harder than that.

there's like a thousand matching for any album I've tried

>tfw was randomly sent an invite years ago, have stored up loads of invites of my own that I have no intention of sharing with anyone and recently got demoted to the lowest rank on the site because I don't manage my ratio properly anymore

lol good you dumb bastard, that means shitloads of people are sharing it. click on one with a good speed and there you go. make sure you share something tho bitshnigga or youll get banned by 90% of people.