I don't understand why it's cool to haate this album now. The production is very good, and that's objective...

I don't understand why it's cool to haate this album now. The production is very good, and that's objective... it's super clear. The way Kendrick syncopates his rhythmic patterns when he rhymes is actually very complex and dexterous. Not to mention the content itself is better than most Hip Hop coming out now. Just last year you were all sucking his dick, tell me what happened?

people tend to hate popular and mainstream things to feel better about themselves and spread hatred to fill their time, its a great album

I think the composer of the music is definitely talented. Kendrick, on the other hand, is not as talented.

because of memes. its an amazing album.

as a rapper, he is more skilled than anybody else in the rap game

The strong political themes become annoying and preachy after a few listens

when the music is good enough you should be able to see past it

even 2pack chigurh and biggy smiles? :O

they're a little more nuanced than most people realize I think

When the main focus is his voice and lyrics it's pretty hard to do so

>the rap game

>The production is very good
It's fucking horrid. Trap bollocks with shit that inturupts the flow all the time.
There's a song on there that's supposed to be smooth that has some of the worst drums I've ever heard. Just the kick and snare with nothing else that are far too powerful.

The white guilt meme dissipated for the election meme

Ffs the politics are only an aspect of it, tpab has other topics as well, mongos just don't realize it cause politics is all they know.

>bollocks

The same reason people will eventually start shitposting on Atrocity Exhibition. Or the same reason they've done it do Death Grips.

Because they are genuinely original pieces of art that have gotten their due credit by the industry. Cred Forums is a contrarian bunch and will say about anything to get a rise out of people.
Combine that with the fact that TPaB has been praised the greatest album of this generation and the greatest HH album of all time, and you've got you're answer

It's pretty much just people being offended by the praise it got because they're to stupid to see why.

I dont hate it but i do think gkmc is MUCH better

this

It just isn't as interesting as GKmc

It's definitely a great album, I didn't really care for it at first, but it's grown on me. Aside from what said, there's a lot of Cred Forums rejects who somehow think this album is "anti-white." Because there's obviously no way an album that's pro black can be any good, right?

I like it a lot, was in my top 5 of 2015
I think it's a weird criticism when people call this album too political when other albums(that I also like) like f#a# infinity are also very politically heavy handed
Anyway
gkmc > tbap > uu > section 80

These guys know what's up, and the fact that Cred Forums thinks this is an "anti-white" album shows how deluded they are. I don't know why people focus on the political aspects when the albums is also largely about survivor's guilt. Also anyone think its weird that Kendrick called out Obama in Hood Politics then performed at the white house?

Similarly, Kanye performed Power on SNL, he just skipped over the "fuck SNL and the whole cast" bit.

for this era of rap, kendrick is dope. But imho he overrated nigga

Huh, didn't know that. Maybe he smoothed things over? Like being mad at SNL for making cheap jokes at you and accusing the president of not having the people's interests at heart and comparing him to a thug are two very different things, but then again you did say "similarly" so its not like you said they were the same.

I remember seeing an interview with Schoolboy Q, before Blank Face dropped, where he was complaining about everyone being on Kendricks dick. I think it was specifically about Kendrick being in the chorus of Black THoughts (it could've been another song) and everyone thinking that the track they heard wasn't the full version because Kendrick had to have a verse. Kendrick is like the pizza of rap right now, like I'd pick pizza over a ton of foods but in no way is it steak or lobster.

What would you personally consider the steak or lobster of rap? Either in 2016 or as a whole.

Well, I just wanna say that steak or lobster of rap wouldn't be like the objective best, and objectivity in art doesn't really exist, kinda defeats the whole purpose of it, but they just represent artists who would be the most preferable to listen to over other rap artists. As a whole I guess Kanye and Death Grips? Like I know those sound like "meme" answers but they're legitimately my most listened to rap artists

sounds about right