talking heads

Radiohead

Les Rallizes Denudes

Mogwai
Siouxsie and The Banshees
Deafheaven

Bon Iver

Deafheaven

bro, Beyonce. you might not believe me but her backing band is *italian finger kiss* OOOWEE! so tasty. Like seeing James Brown play a show with King Diamond

All post-hardcore bands

King Crimson.
Pic Related is an absolute God tier live album

Dire Straits

Foals, for sure

Miles Davis

Primus is ridiculous

Arcade Fire: youtube.com/watch?v=VvBdhy-BMD0

Jethro Tull

Tangerine Dream

What live stuff would you rec if I only like Thick as a Brick

They all are. Trick question?

This. My dad went to their concert in Nashville a couple years ago and they gave him a bowie knife and a bag of hotdog buns. The knife is autographed. He has it hanging on his mantle

hardcore too imo

Modest Mouse back when they were a 4 piece: youtube.com/watch?v=8QPfOqvctj4

Swans

Fushitsusha

Joy Division

they are and were inconsistent as fuck live. there are still times where they're much better live.

Really surprised no one has said the Grateful Dead yet.

Their best albums are the early to early-ish live albums. Live/Dead and Europe '72 are both absolutely phenomenal.

The Who.

Fucking Ghost.

Ghost is badass live.

Hardcore is live music

Melvins, man. They're okay on record, but live in a good venue with good sound and an appreciative crowd, they fucking slay

Can confirm, saw them live at the end of August. I was completely blown away.

King Crimson

Dir En Grey

Primus, great fucking band live

this

damn really when's the next miles davis show?

He's performing an eternal In A Silent Way right at this very moment white boi.

Yeah, they seem like a band who can turn up and really half ass it, but when they're on form like that video I posted, they're amazing. The version of Doin the Cockroach about an hour in is phenomenal.

SUNN
U
N
N

This guy knows what's up

LCD Soundsystem

I prefer The Long Goodbye to most of their actual albums desu

had a bad time watching them in Amsterdam.
The first half of the set was fantastic - felt my teeth shaking from the volume.
I thought the glass costume the vocalist came out in afterwards looked tacky, like it cost about a fiver to put together, the handheld laser was awkwardly shit, just left me cringing.

Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, and Stone Temple Pilots. Grunge in gent sounds better live.

so the reason you had a bad time has nothing to do with the sound, but with atillas costume?

priorities, dude

Devin Townsend. Every version of his songs he does live is just as good or so much better than his recordings.

Live at the Royal Albert is his strongest performance I've seen but he never disappoints.

Brand New

Shpongle. Pic very related

/thread
Also Fillmore 69 gigs and some Dick's Picks. Volume 3, among others

animal collective

swans is incredible live

Muse

they can be amazing but it really depends youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E

kek, of course I've seen this infamous vid. I was referring more to their live sets as of late. I think we can all agree that Live at the Ritz does Painting With more justice than the studio album does.

so wrong. AF suck ass live but their records are pretty solid.

you're wrong

Jagwar Ma

off topic, but why live at the ritz? i think i prefer the performances on live at the fonda

haven't really listened to fonda, but I really love the setlist for the ritz, the flow is just super organic.

Jamiroquai are absolutely ridiculous live, tighter than your animaymay waifu's pussy.