Are all of his albums good like this?

Are all of his albums good like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/Cephalophore
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is his worst album (not counting the numbered although 4 is actually better than this)

Thanks for the input

This guy speaks the truth. The lyrics are his usual quality though, I'd say.

id say it was actually a step down musically from some of his other stuff specifically how to leave town and twin fantasy

Crossing fingers for Wave Goodbye to the Jets. Hopefully it'll be better because it was made after the post-graduation slump that most of ToD was written during. Since HTLT came after ToD, I think it may have been just a phase. But we'll see. Will has also said they're going to slowly shift away from just doing indie rock and start incorporating other styles. Could be a good choice.

It's good, definitely way more polished, but I didn't like it nearly as much as his earlier stuff.
Twin Fantasy is easily his best album, How To Leave Town and Teens of Style are also great.

Twin Fantasy and How To Leave Town are both better. he doesn't really have any bad albums.

Teens of Denial is vapid shit compared to his earlier works.
ToD is basically "oh damn I should probably do some mass appeal bullshit, oh I know I'll sing about depression for these tumblr fucks to eat right up.

albums like Twin Fantasy and My Back is Killing Me Baby were not only dealing with more unique and personal issues to him, they are far more musically interesting and have much more personality than Teens of Denial

this new album basically sounds like a lame attempt to become the new Pavement
his older albums are fantastic indie records though, they have far more thematic depth and musical intricacy than this piece of shit

This is nice, guys. A rare, chill little thread about Car Seat Headrest. No out-of-proportion hatred and no over-the-top Will-can-do-no-wrong fanboyism like on the Car Seat Headrest Reddit page.

Just some solid opinions. When did everything go so right?

this

hey what do u have against the car seat headrest reddit page we're willing to discuss

no one comes in with dissenting opinions to challenge us because the only people who know about it are dedicated fans

As well Will's sister apparently
reddit.com/user/Cephalophore

These posts really surprise me.
I was a huge fan of Teens of Denial. It wasn't his best album (Twin Fantasy obviously) but I thought it was great. Captured his energy from his earlier days and incorporated it with a less lofi sound. I really loved most of the tracks and listen to it a lot

Would you say it's like the Good News for People Who Love Bad News of CSH? More accessible and poppy than his previous work, but still a good album?

Oh my god I think this post is hilarious because I feel exactly the same about Good News. It's not their best album but it's still good and I'm a fan of it. People need to get their heads out of their asses and stop hating everything that's accessible desu.

I like the Reddit page actually, but there's very little critique of what Will does on there. People in this thread have talked about what they didn't like on ToS and I enjoy discussions with fans like that.

and 2 gf's, checkit

Will has said before that he was never married to the lo-fi sound of earlier CSH material, it's just that he was only limited to that since he didn't have the proper equipment at his expense. That's really disappointing to me because I think the lo-fi qualities made the music a lot more intimate; it made me that much more impressionable to the lyrics.

It's pretty fucking shit.
The mainstream music community is praising it to heavens only because they can now that he's signed to Matador.
Now look, look and see a world suck the washed up dick of a once-was man because of his mediocre, mass-appealing easy listening bullshit, yet completely ignore his earlier records that were so full of talent and vigour, that had enough brains to be original an d enough heart to be sincere. Watch as the world shuns away what the media won't praise. What once deserved all the attention Will is receiving now.

He fucking sold out at the worst time. His songwriting has become soulless, the melodies are boring as fuck, and the only people this record will impress are teenagers who haven't listened to Pavement and all the copycats that came before in the 90's.

My Back is Killing Me Baby and Twin Fantasy were fucking fantastic. They were actually interesting and are infinitely more deserving of adoration than this twee rock, vapid tumblr teen shit.

It is fucking shit and anyone who disagrees simply doesn't know better.
Will Barnes you can go to hell.
Oh well I guess now I don't have to give a shit anymore.

Cate was always the better one of the two anyways.

Holy shit are you roasted
The album is pretty good
Not even that sonically different from TF.
Stop feeling upset that you're special secret band is now sort of popular

Is it weird that I became a huge fan of both CSH and Partydog (almost simultaneously) but didn't realize they were at all connected. Like CSH I found from Cred Forums, Lamezone I discovered from somebody dumping Asscastle somewhere (probably Cred Forums since they're a bunch of furry faggots). And I was obsessed with both of them for months until I read on the bc page for Twin Fantasy that the inset artwork was done by Cate Wurtz.

This. I'm not so sure I believe he solely did lo-fi because of its restrictions because I once saw an old post on his tumblr about how he liked the way that sixties recordings had that lo-fi sound despite being hi-fi at the time, and he thought it had influenced the way he produced his music.

I mean I can agree with some of this sentiment but I think he's still got some tricks up his sleeve.

>not even that sonically different from TF

Eh, no.