So we've seemed to agree that A Day In the Life is the best track, but what's second best?

So we've seemed to agree that A Day In the Life is the best track, but what's second best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VK8ombQQdM4
hs.fi/kulttuuri/a1473040662693
twitter.com/AnonBabble

With a Little Help From my Friends I think
then again, I don't really like that album at all, it's their worst album after Beatles for Sale imo

She's Leaving Home

It's the worst album they've ever made

This, beat me to it

A day in the life

wow terrible opinions

>revolver
>mmt
>abbey road
>rubber soul
>help
any song from these albums is better than any song in peppers
heck, even the absolute mess that is white album has better highlights so go fuck yourself in the ass faggot

Lovely Rita. The rhyme scheme is so far ahead of its time

this

you know damn well that help isn't as good as Sgt pepper. If anything pre-rubber soul is on par with the rest, it's Beatles for Sale

Second best is She's Leaving Home imo, and I'm not even a Beach Boys fan or something like that, that song simply gets me everytime

why? because pepper has more studio trickery and ideas than help? most of it is fucking dull material anyway

>why because it's more innovative production-wise and is more creative?
do you realize how stupid you sound right now?

>2016
>still talking about The Beatles

They were the first manufactured pop band that thankfully decided to experiment in their later years.

>manufactured
Explain this
>inb4 the fact that

They were essentially a boy band of the 60s. They wrote catchy pop music for a female audience. They were promoted heavily and were marketed in a way that served as a precursor for the marketing of pop bands to come.

do people actually have this opinion

getting better

Yes as it is quite well informed.

Unlike boy bands they won the respect and admiration of the professional music world and greatly influenced it beyond commercial marketing.

being creative isn't necesarily a good thing, it's just that: being creative
>music must be creative and innovative
what an elitist fuck you are, music is about artist expression. and peppers achieves very little to nothing on that part.

This

Within You Without You

this is the weirdest and probably worst opinion i've ever seen on Cred Forums

ok

do you want music to be a craft? should every band aspire to the perfect pop formula that everyone will like?
do you think a form of creative expression shouldn't be an expression of creativity?

this

I'm not saying they didn't but boy bands as we know them today didn't exist in the 60s. The Beatles early work was instrumental in providing the framework for that to exist.

The professional musical collective at the time accepted them more as peers rather than artistic visionaries at least until Sgt. Peppers and the psychedelic era that followed.

>27 replies
>no mention of Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
Easily the second-best song on the album

Craft plays a vital role in creative expression. Creative expression without craft boils down very quickly into mere conceptualism and conceptualism tied with music can be a very self-indulgent and worthless endeavour.

That's on mmt retard

I realize what I said was not was I meant to say, at let me rephrase myself and put it this way; music, more than being about innovation and new ideas, is about making one empathize with the artist's feeling while listening to it; be it sadness, happiness, anger, euphoria, passion, energy, whatever, something beyond words; if it doesn't make you "feel" something, I for one categorize it as shit
even classical music achieves artistic expression that I enjoy, not in the same way but it does
music tagged plainly as "experimental" is mostly dull to me for this same reason; most of it doesn't really express anything, it just tries to be something different for the sake of it

peppers has barely made me feel anything at all, even in Please Please Me I could sense the passion put behind the words and melodies and understand these guys were, if at least not having fun, enjoying their own music

now that's what I meant by "artistic expression", and if you still believe that peppers should be regarded better by my words then I guess it's probably my fault because I don't like the album anyway
it's not like you're going to change my opinion on it

kek
boy, I have to tell you something...

If you think that Please Please Me is more passionate than pepper you're absolutely retarded. Also Lucy is on mmt you're just buying the narrative

>If you think that Please Please Me is more passionate than pepper you're absolutely retarded.
then so be it, faggot

how hard were you hitting your keyboard when you typed that?

>music is about...

You just said yourself that music is about creative expression. If music is designed in a way that is aesthetically pleasing and yet does not evoke feeling, is it still music?

as hard as I pounded your mother last night haha

Mr. Kite is a personal favorite but probably shes leaving home

i love within you without you

Worst beatles song

If they only knew

What the fucking hell is this shit?

Fuck off

>They were essentially a boy band of the 60s. They wrote catchy pop music for a female audience. They were promoted heavily and were marketed in a way that served as a precursor for the marketing of pop bands to come.
Have you even tried to learn something about the history of The Beatles instead of coming up with your own conclusions?

>implying it isn't Yer Blues

it is still music
but it's shit

Lucy in the Sky is the best Beatles song.

One of:

>With a Little Help From My Friends
>Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
>Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite

I really dislike She's Leaving Home for some reason.

I saw Paul live at a festival this Summer and he included Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite in his set which is odd since it's a Lennon song and not even one of his best known. Was nice to hear it though (even if I was in the minority of the audience who actually seemed to know it).

Mono version!

This is first place. Day in the Life is 2nd.

get outta here with this BULL SHIT

>So we've seemed to agree that A Day In the Life is the best track
lolwut. No.
This is the best track.
youtube.com/watch?v=VK8ombQQdM4

this. both sound great. but she's leaving home sounds more british, which is what i like.

Bit autistic this IMO

I think the real breakthrough with Sgt. Pepper's was that it demonstrated that a rock band could be all these different things - even pretending to be another band - on one album and it would still feel like a cohesive work

it was really in the forefront of showing the variety of different sounds and moods and styles you could cram into one album

This is also the shortcoming of Sgt. Pepper's, IMHO, making a more cohesive album with the tracks moving in a more predictable or controlled way from one to the other creating a satisfying whole has shown itself to be the generally superior way to make a great album rather than going for a lot of variety.

They are all banal, anti-intellectual garbage. Every single one of them. Scaruffi was correct about the Beatles.

Best album is rubber soul

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite

bad opinion
bad you

>all these Beatles hating plebs not knowing this and Abbey Road are the only albums Scaruffi likes and admits are good
Sgt. pepper's and Abbey Road are certified patrician.

You fucking meme spouting retard, like this guy said Scaruffi actually gave Pepper's and Abbey Road a 7 which is a really good score from him (he considers it on par with albums like Pet Sounds and OK Computer) even more since it's the Beatles and he hates them.

>they just a boy band xD
Why do Beatles haters always use this dumb ass argument? Yes, they fucking were until Rubber Soul and we all know it which is why nobody cares about pre-Rubber Soul albums, the Beatles themselves got tired of the boy band shit which is why they started experimenting and actually became good.

Has nobody noticed the little fantano in the top row of the photo?

+1 for mr Kite

Nobody would care about this album if it didn't have a Day in the Life. Prove me wrong.

you can say that about most albums

Yer Blues is fucking great you scrub.

YES I'M LONELY

WANNA DIE

shite-tier album

shite-tier post

You think yer blues is the worst Beatles song?

You're so hung up on selling out and obscurity status and bullshit. I wish more talented artist today had more of chance to make there way into the mainstream but that would probably shatter your ego to know you weren't the only person in your town who listened to good music.

The crowd at a Paul McCartney concert didn't know that song? How?

She's Leaving Home is the best track, Within You Without You is second best.

A day in the life is a great song but it is a sort lazily written Imo desu

Most patrician opinion ITT.

It was at a festival. A lot of people weren't there for Paul McCartney.

My favorite song on Sgt. Peppers is When I'm 64, Paul wrote it when he was maybe 15 or 16 and he would sing it with his father on their family piano.

Every song on it is good though, it's hard to pick which is the best
0/10 try harder

>My favorite song on Sgt. Peppers is Whem I'm 64, Paul wrote it when he was maybe 15 or 16 and he would sing it with his father on their family piano.
Holy shit I didn't know this
What the fuck I couldn't write something as good now and I'm 22

Maybe it's because I used to be a member of a male choir, most members of which are 50+, but we performed that song on several occasions and it's one of my favourite Beatles tracks period.

Getting Better is the best song the Beatles ever made.

Wait wait wait- so what's the worst Beatles song out of their ENTIRE discography??

Dont pass me by

This. What a piece of shit song. Ringo shouldn't be allowed to write anything ever. Octopus's Garden is OK though

A Taste of Honey

Revolution 9

It's comfy

wild honey pie

a local music journalist here in Finland invited about 150 of his music loving friends/acquaintances to listen and rate all released Beatles songs on a scale from 4 to 10 (Finnish school grading works that way), one track was posted in a Facebook group per day with the ratings gathered after the posting - 126 went through with the whole thing

bottom 5:
Dig it - 5.12
Maggie Mae - 5.21
Matchbox - 5.25
Chains - 5.32
Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby - 5.35

yup, all are mediocre bullshit crap that could have been released by almost anyone

top 5:
5: Tomorrow Never Knows - 9.35
4: Here Comes The Sun - 9.38
3: Eleanor Rigby - 9.57
2: A Day In The Life - 9.61
1: Strawberry Fields Forever - 9.69

Really high average ratings for over 100 voters IMHO - I guess everyone was instructed or understood the point to be rating Beatles tracks, so you'd give 10 to at least your favorites

This Finnish language article has the full list of average scores if anyone is interested:
hs.fi/kulttuuri/a1473040662693

Truly interesting! Thank you user!

my pleasure, really appreciate the comment

...but 4 out of the bottom 5 arent even beatles songs, they're beatles covers

Yeaah... That gives you some good insight into the methodology.

It is worthwhile to know that Beatles recorded shitty versions of other people's songs that are essentially worthless.

Here is some more of the crappy end:

195 Thank You Girl 5,94
196 One After 909 5,87
197 Why Don't We Do It On the Road 5,87
198 Act Naturally 5,87
199 Mr. Moonlight 5,76
200 Little Child 5,76
201 Wild Honey Pie 5,76
202 Kansas City / Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey 5,76
203 Slow Down 5,74
204 I’ll Get You 5,62
205 All Together Now 5,53
206 Honey Don't 5,36
207 Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby 5,35

All I want to say is that this is actually a pretty great list of Beatles songs made by some real, non-idiot contemporary people, so you will likely get more value by exploring it than complaining on the Internets because some real person run a real poll with non-idiot people.

Not sure if you guys are joking or whatever but When I'm Sixty Four is the best.

i agree with thank you girl and i'll get you,
but wdwdiitr, one after 909, and all together now are purposely silly
idk it feels weird to call them bad when they werent supposed to be "good"

This is the first song to give me literal chills. So good

It's a very emotional song to be sure

it's just a remarkable song for successfully catching a very emotional moment in a difficult environment