/grimes/

talk about this artist, keep it music related, be nice to grimes, etc., the list goes on really

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mXw3-onYPrg
youtube.com/watch?v=v_wnkyYNbHA
youtube.com/watch?v=kZ8KK8u9dN8
stereogum.com/1902925/kanye-west-grimes-chance-the-rapper-more-made-the-meadows-the-best-nyc-festival-of-2016/concert/
mashable.com/2016/10/03/kanye-west-chance-the-meadows-recap.amp
bkmag.com/2016/10/03/kanye-west-chance-the-rapper-the-meadows-grimes-j-cole-pusha-t-1975/
noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/the-meadows-2016-grimes-in-full-color
soundcouchblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/latitude-festival-highlights-hana/
grimes.sosugary.org/
thefader.com/2016/10/04/fran-lobo-surround
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>keep it music related
I'm out

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

That's some lewd attire, especially for Visions-era grimes

kraft punk

She is the younger sugary Enya
youtube.com/watch?v=mXw3-onYPrg
youtube.com/watch?v=v_wnkyYNbHA
youtube.com/watch?v=kZ8KK8u9dN8

goblin core

HANA is way more qt

TAKE THAT BACK

wtf you're right

fuck off

die in a fire

HEY WHAT'S UP
I'M KRAFT PUNK

im really over grimes
im also over my ex
idk what to do now

Find a new lady that makes you happy and make her happy

find something important

women are a meme

do not take them seriously you dumbass

she read that like she was in a mean girl film or something

some tumblr core film probably told her Grimes is "good"

wtf I never realized how cute hana is

who is this cutie sooty?

Grimes isn't a meme girl though. she's the least thing from that, despite her popularity on here

that's hana with her friend grimes

haha honestly i like her music i don't just want to """""""""fuck""""""" her haha
haha meme haha
haha honestly i don't just listen to Cred Forumscore and whatever pitchfork tell me to, haha
ha i'm not like the others haha
haha really i love her music haha
look here's some shitty brainless """analysis""" of one of her tracks haha, see proof haha
haha i'm not a stunted manchild honestly haha
haha i can truly seperate music from artist and enjoy the former objectively, haha
haha

I have a feeling that Oblivion and Genesis were produced not by her, but by someone completely different.

good idea
i feel broken and unlovable
but maybe one day i will find love

>balding goblin on the left

i care abt politics and stuff

grimes just reminds me of my ex (im a vancouverite). girls are all the same. young girls are conduits of the spectacle

it's not important just because you care about it

I want to have a non-sexual relationship with her

grimes differs a lot from other girls, ther is no one like her

lol

fag

sure, buddy. sure

i want to painfully repress feelings for her

No, I just feel she is too pure for sexual relationships. And I want to keep her pure.

she is... special

I absolutely adore her earlier stuff like Halifaxa. I wish she would have evolved more in that direction

i think she's afraid of to have sex

>imagine the smell from her goblin hole

probably fowl but then very addictive

lmao

she has a lot of songs abt sex though?
>hey hey you wanna play cuz baby i can go and go

cuck

but i do though

I used to be into these Grimes threads and K-pop general but now all of it just bores me. They're no longer QTs to me, but just girls that don't interest me. help.

why do you need help? you are free man now.

Just the voice is a bit similar. Enya is way more sugary than her (does Enya have anything like Scream, Kill V. Maim or Circumambient?).

>she has a lot of songs abt sex though?
no, it's just your understanding of her songs

You're a retard.

kek

get outta here

I guess so. I also have a really cool girlfriend now, which I haven't had in close to a year now.

yeah i only come to Cred Forums to shitpost in /grimes/ but lately i keep getting warned for my stylish shitposting. basically NO FUN ALLOWED: the board.

hana is ok. i like her thick legs and long hair.

no

What a total fucking slut. Any nudes yet?

I suggest you delete your comment my friend. We don't talk like that around here. We respect the artist behind such wonderful albums as Art Angels and Vision Tunnels

>requesting nudes of the purest creature in entire universe
you should be ashamed of yourself

>goblin core...

There is. But I will not show it to you. You are wicked.

Please stop making these threads is really sad that people like you exist, Claire will never know of you she's just a normal human being and you treat her like a God and what is worst, in these threads you only talk about her in a shallow way.

NO, GET OUT NORMIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire Boucher is a regular person. Grimes isn't. Grimes is her public persona - learn to separate the artist from the art. And just because some of the posters here are shallow-minded trolls, that doesn't mean everyone is.

but she's not a normal

>mfw grimes

Hence why I pointedly avoided using that word in my reply.

grimes fans should kill themselves

Lol another one...

lol no you vaguely generalized what regular is. claire isn't regular, she's stuck with being herself however you put it.

lmao no way he just did that

i need these songs

Morning /grimes/.

What do you think Claire herself would enjoy seeing in these threads were she ever to come by them?

am not sure what specifically, a lot goes on

Yeah Grimes's alter ego Claire

>I absolutely adore her earlier stuff like Halifaxa. I wish she would have evolved more in that direction

Same here. I don't think she ever will visit that genre again unfortunately. She resents people wanting her to do that because she thinks it's sad music. But to me it's not sad, just way more atmospheric and somewhat darker.

when they reach the bump limit and are minutes away from being eradicated.

she's said she doesn't like reading comments. that's all these threads are...

I know these threads are pretty much solely for shitposting but I saw Grimes live for the first time on Saturday and it was amazing. I was with a friend who had never heard of her and he loved it too. Venus Fly was incredible live.

these threads are only for shitposting cause we ran through most discussion topics and it's hard to keep the loose conglomerate of anons on track to discuss what's left.

Glad to hear you enjoyed her live show. She's renowned for these things in her modern career.

>samepersoning
>unironically saying "kek"
yikes. Also, see:

>no midi
>no sync'd LFOs
>mono out

is that synth just for show?

what the fuck her hands are huge

She needs big hands to properly play her synths 'n' samplers.

>is that synth just for show?
No. She plays it from time to time, most notably on Genesis and Oblivion.

>no midi
>no sync'd LFOs
>mono out
I fail to see any problem with that. It's not like synths could and should be connected/set in one way.

She needs to grip properly

all the better to beat you up with, my dear.

>Though the lineup wasn’t stacked with big names throughout, it did boast sets from some of our most ascendant stars of recent times. It’s still somewhat shocking to see Grimes playing a main set stage and drawing a legit headliner crowd, but it’s also totally welcome. Hearing a packed crowd sing along to “REALiTi” and “Go” and “Oblivion” feels gigantic, elevating her songs to an epic scale that, one would’ve figured, the inherent insularity of her work would’ve prevented.
stereogum.com/1902925/kanye-west-grimes-chance-the-rapper-more-made-the-meadows-the-best-nyc-festival-of-2016/concert/

im gonna kick grimes in the bum

I don't see how those hands are huge

Most of the people in this thread are

>most haters in this thread are

do not

That's nice. Stereogum always supported her.

>said in an interview a few years back that the first thing she saw on an image board post about her was "grimes doesn't shave" and she closed the computer
What website does that sound like to you?
Of literally ANY musician, Grimes is THE most likely to visit Cred Forums (and to have done so before becoming famous.)
She probably goes on fucking Cred Forums and has seen these threads before, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

I was front row for her set at The Meadows and no one was singing along to REALiti, Go, Oblivion, or any of her other songs. The crowd was entirely made up of 15-17 year old J Cole stans who were waiting for him to come out afterwards.

The looks on their faces during her set were priceless though, especially during Scream. She killed it either way.

Lana is better

>my pussy tastes like pepsi cola
what in the good fuck did she mean by this

do you think she would enjoy it more nowadays

who's the qt that actually looks human

cease posting

Grimes

>No women at all were included in the bulk of the marketing for the festival, which focused on Kanye West, The Weeknd, J. Cole, Chance the Rapper and Kygo, despite Grimes taking the main stage at 6:45 on Saturday night to a packed crowd.
>
>But if your feminist rage needed an outlet this weekend, Grimes' vibrant, furious set — complete with sword-wielding dancers — was an hour of jubilant catharsis.
>
>With Art Angels, Claire Boucher has completed her metamorphosis into a full pop star, booming through the festival grounds. She lamented that Janelle Monae wasn't there to join her for their collaboration, "Venus Fly," but was psyched to play it anyway because, "we like banging on stuff." We hear you loud and clear, Grimes.
mashable.com/2016/10/03/kanye-west-chance-the-meadows-recap.amp

who the hell is j cole

i remember reading somewhere that his fans boo'd grimes before.

>I didn’t really check anyone out until later in the evening when Grimes took the main stage by storm. Grimes was an artist that I was super excited to finally get an opportunity to see, and she totally lived up to the hype and just fucking BROUGHT it. From the first song to the last, her set was filled with a brand of delightful weirdness, high energy, and, to put it simply, awesome music. Early on in the set, when introducing her song “Venus Fly,” Grimes quirkily told us her strategy for going forward in the set: “I won’t talk much, because…I suck at it,” she said with a slight pause between clauses. While I really don’t think that’s the case, she was certainly an outstanding act, opening with “Flesh Without Blood” from her 2015 album “Art Angels” before moving to older hits like “Oblivion.” She closed her set out with the marvelous “Kill V. Maim,” which I had really been curious to see how it would translate live. Well, it rocked. The energy was high, Grimes killed, and the instrumentation had the crowd jumping. My favorite act of the day by far.
bkmag.com/2016/10/03/kanye-west-chance-the-rapper-the-meadows-grimes-j-cole-pusha-t-1975/

have you ever noticed how she pitches her voice up when talking during her sets?

she normally has a deep voice in like interviews and social media and stuff but whenever she's on stage it seems like she talks as lightly and girly as possible.

From the same review quoted (by me) here >So, when The Weeknd canceled last week and the rapper who’s inspired a meme-ish mantra—double platinum, no features—took his place, I found myself again grappling with the argument. Watching him perform live, surrounded by a sea of die-hard fans, and I came to really embrace my true take on J. Cole: again, complete and utter indifference.
Seems like you're not alone in your puzzlement, user. The writer goes on about it in more detail - imo it's definitely worth read.

j cole went double platinum with NO FEATURES

is this supposed to impress me

what's up with rap and the weird relationship with features anyways. why do rap artists pretend they are special snowflakes and not like every other facet of music?

honestly if he said "double platinum with no outside producers" i'd be impressed 'cause not many rappers produce their own beats. but idgaf about if you are featured on other peoples songs, like who tf cares.

He's an incredibly mediocre rapper who teenagers love because his cookie cutter rap is super easy to swallow

This is exactly how I felt watching him after grimes. Its not like his performance was bad, hes just boring and his songs are completely uninteresting, just like all of his fans who I had to deal with all day.

To his credit, he actually has solid rhyme schemes and clever bars, but he gets into the Eminem trap of rapping a lot and saying a little too much. He produces too and he's not half-bad. A lot of wasted potential IMO

When is this woman gonna cover Here Comes Your Man? That's all I want for Christmas this year

Yes - I've even commented on it in these threads before.

It's actually the opposite of what you think. She's a full coloratura soprano (afaik the only one active in the music business right now who isn't an opera singer) and her natural speaking voice is so high that she routinely pitches it down by relying on her growl register for interviews and regular conversation.
The one time that that way of speaking doesn't work is when you're out of breath - which is why you hear her speaking voice rising to its natural higher pitch range whenever she's speaking windedly between sets.

Because she's very anxious on stage.

:( but she's so good

>Grimes’ performance was incredible. Someone recently told me she’s the most important electronic artist since Brian Eno and, after this, I have to agree.
noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/the-meadows-2016-grimes-in-full-color
Lol adding Brian Eno to The List.

Fuck grimes

More details about Hana and how she met Grimes: soundcouchblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/latitude-festival-highlights-hana/

Some snippets:

>I was thinking it must be fun touring alongside your best friend. Going it alone as a solo artist must be pretty lonely at times so to have one another must be great.

>Yeah she’s awesome we have a great time. She’s so much fun we hang out and of course perform together so we spend a lot of time with one another and we have a lot in common.

>Do you think you and Claire miss each other when your tour together is over?

>Well we live in the same city so we see each other a lot, and spend a lot of time hanging out though I do get separation anxiety! But Mike (Mike Tucker, musician and producer AKA Blood Diamonds) misses Claire and James a lot when they’re on tour and I miss Mike and my dog so so much right now. I’ve only been home for five days in the last however many months.

>You’ve managed to acrew a wicked group of people around you back home, purity Ring, Blood Diamonds obviously, and of course Grimes, how did you find yourself working alongside them?

>I was doing studio sessions with different people and then I met Mike and from that point we just hung out and never stopped hanging out and then started dating. He’s very close with Claire so I met Claire though him and we all got along really well. I’ve known them all for about three years now I think.

>being this mad
Do you secretly like her and fight against that feeling?

Yes. I think she tries hard to hide her anxiety by acting so wild on stage, like an actor playing a character.

does anyone know where i can find Emily Kai Bock's documentary about grimes, called "Human Heart"?

bump

Been searching high and low for it to no avail myself...

i loooooooooooooove grimes

All great performers suffer from performance anxiety - it's what gives their performances that extra edge. To paraphrase some famous opera singer/teacher of opera singers from days of yore whose name escapes me atm,
>Anyone who claims they don't get nervous when performing for a live audience is either lying, dead, or just not very good.

Is she our girl on the inside?

>42 posters
>121 posts

Cred Forums's days are numbered it seems.

When these threads die/I get bored of them it'll be time for me to leave this site for good.

im just here for the grimes desu

its a general thread. 3 posts per user is perfectly normal

quality post

rosa

someone who gets it

bump

You know what, I keep seeing all this Grimes hate on this. Seriously grow up, if you hate Grimes you need to SHUT THE FUCK UP. GRIMES IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED MUSICIANS IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW. SHE CAN SING AND PRODUCE AND ENGINEER AND YOU CANT. SHE HAS MORE TALENT THAN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WILL EVER HAVE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GUYS HATE ON HER BECAUSE OF.YOUR REAL LIFE PROBLEM JUST STOP PLEASE YOU GUYS HAVE THE SHITTIEST ARGUMENTS AGAINST HER YOU CALL HER UGLY AND ANNOYING WHICH IS VERY RUDE BY THE WAY BECAUSE SHE'S NOT THEN YOU SAY FUCKING BULL SHIT LIKE HER MUSIC IS UNORIGINAL AND AMETUERE SERIOUSLY JUST SHUT UP SHE MAKES REALLY GOOD PROFESSIONAL SOUNDING MUSIC AND SHE'S MORE TALENTS THAN A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW LIKE SERIOUSLY JUST STOP TRYING TO HATE ON GRIMES IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE TO HATE ON HER. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.DONT LIKE HER BUT I THINK IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE FAGS AND CANT MAKE MUSIC.LIKE HER SO THEY HATE ON HER ALL DAY AND GIVE STUPID REASONS TO DO SO. IT'S REALLY JUST SO FUCKING PATHETIC AND YALL SHOULD REALLY STOP BECAUSE YOU DONT EVEN HAVE GOOD REASONS TO DO SO. YOU GUYS WILL WORSHIP DEATH GRIPS AND SWANS BUT HATE ON GRIMES IT MAKES NO SENSE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM REALLY NEED TO GET A GRIP AND YES IM A LITTLE MAD BUT IT'S BECAUSE IM JUST FED UP WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE HATING ON THIS ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD SERIOUSLY JUST STOP YOU HAVE NO GOOD REASONS TO BE HATING ON GRIMES. YOU JUST MAKE SHIT UP THAT ISN'T TRUE AND TRY TO START MEMES ABOUT HER IT'S PATHETIC PLEASE JUST STOP HATING ON HER

*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...

grimesfags are cancer

good then

take the cancer

haha nice

Happy Christmas anons

grimes.sosugary.org/

>falling for the 1 gf meme
n00b, the trick is to start a bidding war with two.

Haha suck a pen15

Everyone knows that feminists can't love. I don't know why her fans (or James) even try to get their feelings reciprocated.

Yaaasss queen

does someone have the photo of claire circa 2011 (?) sitting down some steps with her black laced boots. it's a candid shot. she posted it on her IG ages ago.

Cred Forums - music

grimes is a multimedia project, user.

this isn't a multimedia board user.

that doesn't make her non-music media music related

nvm I found it

Is that a ruler tattooed on her finger?

Grimes is the best of all possible musicians.

i wonder if she would change anything

her big regret would have to be inviting the high school football team over for a gangbang to lose her virginity and not knowing if her dad joined in or not.

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

>Skinny
>Hairy-pits
>ADHD
>Autism
>Greasy
>Disgusting hair
>Uni-Brow
>Shit music
Grimes should change her name to Grease.

Actually Rosa > Avi. Rosa is basically the best song on GP.

Thanks. Post also the other(s) page(s).

Best version of that picture

cant wait for new album

supposed to be slow synth stuff, but who knwos she might change again

>Skinny
>Hairy-pits
>ADHD
>Autism
>Greasy
>Disgusting hair
>Uni-Brow
>Shit music
>Cancerous fans
>Wannabe Chink
>Ugly
>Lisp
>Is probably a total cunt in person

Grease List v1

the last one is totally random, work on your meme

thank you user

>Skinny
>Hairy-pits
>ADHD
>Autism
>Greasy
>Disgusting hair
>Uni-Brow
>Shit music
>Cancerous fans
>Wannabe Chink
>Ugly
>Lisp

Grease List v1.1

Please listen to In the Court of the Crimson King.
Or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
Or Illinois.
Then you'll realize.
I like Grimes too, but Christ, she is nowhere near top-tier.

>This year, after "becoming obsessed" with Grimes's Visions and spending a lot of time messing about with synths, she's back with a sound that retains a melancholy shadow as it edges ever closer to the dancefloor.
thefader.com/2016/10/04/fran-lobo-surround

It's starting...

Your the cancer getting riled up over a musician that you don't like, unoriginally copy pasting greentext to express your OPINION - which you seemingly have chosen to base on their looks, how they behave themselves and what they enjoy - and all of this on a fucking music board no less!

Go kys.

>Please listen to In the Court of the Crimson King.
>Or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
>Or Illinois.
All, overrated Cred Forumscore stuff. She's way better than that predictible music for the masses.

I don't know, user.That's all cool music and all, but Grimes is pretty based.
She's constantly innovating while mixing and mastering so many diferent genres, and to top it of she produces everything herself.

Hey I like ITCOCK and Suffy a lot too but Grimes is pretty cool too man

this is the only time I've seen Oblivion be said to be about sexual assault, not just assault.

Is it about just assault or sexual assault? I don't know what to believe.

dude she was raped and wrote this song after that

>A clean-living vegan, her only vice is one whisky before each show, to steady her nerves

before every show? I think that might be changed now. maybe not. Why do I care?

I remember that she had a bottle of Jameson next to her computer, I don't remember where.

I'm sure she's responsible with it.
It's her deal and I'll shut up now

she quit drinking

I love these girls

That can soon turn into a habit. :(