How the fuck is this shit considered a classic?

how the fuck is this shit considered a classic?

Other urls found in this thread:

metal-archives.com/albums/Deathspell_Omega/The_Synarchy_of_Molten_Bones/607837
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because it's kvlt

because it's ebin

its literally the worst album ive ever heard wtf

enough metalfags agree on shilling this that it's become a "classic" in the rock canon

in actuality the only metal worth listening to is the first few albums by sabbath and metallica

Its really melodic or anti-melodic and pretty much every song is great. I never get tired of it

I don't know what you are talking about, it's rough yet know melodic balance, it's rough yet smart.
It's early 90's black at it's best

t. embryo

Fuck off idiot

Not even kidding, the 3 albums they released(from Northern skies to transilvanian hunger) are some of the best black metal albums of the 90's, up there with Ulver,Burzum and Taake

is this the first time you're listening to black metal?

A Blaze in The Northern Sky is a lot better.

Black Metal is a joke that went out of control, lads.

I don't know where to begin

Weakest bait.

>/leftypol/ memes

I agree, but this is still a great album

>2011+5
>being a classcuck

Well, it's nowhere near as catchy as "A Blaze...", but this album mark the end of a sonic shift that has been happening between it and their first studio album. Also the lyrics, which are written by Varg surpass everything in the last two.
Really, the way how the powerful all-out pagan-frenzy sound of the first album is replaced by something which can bear the tag "depressive" with honor here is not amazing, but still worth the listen.
Definitely not for everyone, but I think it's a nice listen.

Because it was released at the right time and perfectly fit the ongoing black-metal hype. Cold and raw production with dark, melodic riffs.
Still the weakest of the classic 4 Darkhrone records from the 1990s.

6/10

But what about
Type O Negative
Kyuss
Guns And Roses
Jane's addicition
Napalm Death
Fear Factory
Dream Theater
Electric Wizard
?

You see it has a main message that it constructs through smaller messages that it properly conveys in such a way that nothing else could do as effectively. A message that can only be conveyed the way it is through this album.
You know, because that's how you look at something critically.

"I don't like it"/"I don't understand it" is not the same as "it's bad", lad.

You're new to black metal, and lo-fi music in general, aren't you? I'm going to guess you're not into drone, ambient, or shoegaze either. The lo-fi, "wall of sound" thing isn't exclusive to Transilvanian Hunger, or even to black metal. Neither are repetitive/droning riffs.

I actually miss the days when black metal was too abrasive for me. I was used to listening to over-produced metal, and when I first heard it, my untrained ear couldn't make out any of the instruments. It just sounded like noise. I couldn't make out any discenerable melodies, I couldn't hear the drums at all, underneath the guitar. It sounded like noise. It was intimidating, but I kept coming back because I wanted to understand it. Now, I've heard so much of it, and I'm used to it and kind of bored with it.

This album is going to be good.

>GnR
>Kyuss
>metal

metal-archives.com/albums/Deathspell_Omega/The_Synarchy_of_Molten_Bones/607837

EP I should say.

Kyuss is definitely metal faggot

It's just a good release, it's one of the more popular albums of that first real wave of black metal along with Burzum and Mayhem. Sure, it's not a very interesting album, but it's stylistically sound and consistent. It influenced a lot of bands, what more can you say about it?

because Darkthrone is legendary and probably one of the best black metal bands so far

more like stoner rock.

if you're a black metal fan and you don't understand, kill yourself

if you just don't like black metal, I guess you should still kill yourself but for different reasons

This is a bait thread and you should all be ashamed for replying. I am now also replying though. Also this is Cred Forums so every thread is a bait thread.

Never mind.

>black metal
>good
pick one

>2014+2
>still goes to reddit chan

t. Cred Forumscore-damaged mouthbreathing anthony fantano fan

>this is how autistic the average blackie is
nice projection though

>blackie
>le epic projection meme
yikes...