ITT: Albums if you see in anybody's RYM 5.0s you'll automatically disregard their opinion on everything

ITT: Albums if you see in anybody's RYM 5.0s you'll automatically disregard their opinion on everything

pic related

But user [spoiler]yeye yeye yeye yeee yeyeeee[/spoiler]

anything by ABBA or AC/DC

almost got me

truth, as well as ascension by coltrane

Nigga Look Like Craig Robinson Twin Brother Lmao

I really love Karma, but it's true that people who praise it are not usually great for getting recs or ideas

here's another one that just tells me I might as well go to Scaruffi Dot Com for the opinions

any Beatles album

additionally, if they have more than one page of 5 star albums

The California EAR Unit - For Philip Guston
Arditti String Quartet & Dawn Upshaw - Arnold Schoenberg 2: Streichquartette I-IV
Quatuor Arditti / Aldo Brizzi / Michiko Hirayama / Maurizio Ben Omar / Frank Lloyd - Les cinq quatuors à cordes; Trio à cordes; Khoom
FLUX Quartet - Feldman Edition 6: String Quartet No. 2
Horațiu Rădulescu / Vincent Royer / Gérard Caussé - Intimate Rituals
UC Berkeley Chamber Chorus / The California EAR Unit / Philip Brett / David Abel / Karen Rosenak / William Winant / Dorothy Stone / Arthur Jarvinen / Gaylord Mowrey - Rothko Chapel; Why Patterns?
Dietmar Wiesner / Markus Hinterhäuser / Robyn Schulkowsky - Crippled Symmetry
Arditti String Quartet - The Complete String Trios and Quartets
Orchestre et chœur de la Radio-Télévision de Cracovie / Jürg Wyttenbach - Œuvre intégrale pour chœur et orchestre symphonique
Pierre Boulez - Complete Works Opp 1-31
LaSalle Quartett - Neue Wiener Schule: Die Streichquartette
Taтьянa Hикoлaeвa [Tatiana Nikolayeva] - Die Kunst der Fuge (The Art of Fugue)
Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra / Asko Ensemble / Riccardo Chailly - The Complete Works
Evgeni Koroliov - Die Kunst der Fuge
The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico
The Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat
Ground-Zero - Consume Red
Sachiko M, Toshimaru Nakamura & Otomo Yoshihide - Good Morning Good Night

Solo Violin Improvisations

what are you gonna do you fukken faggot

WTF? I just said you can't do that!

you're a poptimist faggot then die in your sleep

Anything from David Bowie. Automatiic pleb alert

this is one i agree with wholly even if it's in my 4.5s. it's really good, catchy, and fun but a 5.0 seems like overkill

even a 4.5 is way too good for this derivative crap.

So much this

i think what he was trying to say is that these people only go for the popular recordings on rym

>having any 5.0's at all

There is no such thing as a perfect album. I don't actually listen to Scaruffi-core, but I do agree with him in that sense.

an album doesn't have to be perfect to be 10/10

10/10 doesn't mean "perfect" to everyone

i can understand that an album (for me, let's say daft punk's "discovery") isn't perfect, but on both a personal musical and emotional level, it's a 5/5 for me. i can understand that there's no "objective" 5.0, but on a page meant to show your subjective thoughts on a piece of media, having 5.0s is both legitimate and can show a lot about the person's tastes, or even personality.

10/10 is perfect though. It's literally perfect, 100%, no flaws, a revolutionary, life-changing masterpiece

anything by the beatles

I don't have any friends on rym, I just try to objectively rate my library out of boredom. So I understanding in that sense

I can't fathom not liking Pharoah Sanders

BCD2 and Jeff mills, no other techno rated

on this point, i think that, since RYM is only on a 10-point scale (though divided into half points from 0.5-5.0), a 5.0 album could be something like a 4.9 or 4.8. personally i think a 100 point scale for personal reviews is too much without being needlessly subjective (ratings could easily be affected by how your mood was on that day), "almost perfect" is close enough to "perfect" when you don't have enough places to put albums and a 4.5 is not high enough.

Dead - Musical Abortions, no other death metal rated

it's great how no one actually says the reason why they disregard the opinion

it could be an interesting thread if people actually discussed the albums instead of namespouting...

That makes sense user

Any deathgrips, weezer, greenday, or animal collective

What? Ascension is great though.

Oh God, this so hard.
And every other average-shit jazz album the rockists and mallgoths parade around to look cultured.

>weezer
the Blue Album is the closest to perfection anyone has ever been.

Do you honestly believe they're actually capable of that? Just hide these threads and move on.

literally no. You have only ten choices of rating so you should ideally give 10/10 to about a tenth of the albums you listen to

i don't agree with who you're replying to (i posted why earlier) but i don't agree with this either. i don't think ratings should go by percentile but by quality. 1/5th of the albums in the world don't deserve to also be 4.5-5.0.

probably nearly any punk bands.

but especially like Bad Religion or boring shit like that.

it's more helpful for the person looking at your scores if you give the top fifth the top two ratings

it's not really top fifth of all music because you don't rate stuff that's obviously bad

This.

I think it's more important to discern why the individual gave an album a 10/10 or a 5.0.