Ask A Music Guru Anything!

Greeting denizens of Cred Forums! My friends consider me an expert of sorts on music, and I can give you guys some good listening advice.

After browsing for a couple hours, it would seem that a lot of Cred Forums-heads are unfamiliar with a lot of essential classics, so I decided to make a chart from this cool website that I got from /r/hiphopheads relaying my taste to get across some of the essential classics that you should be listening to.

The website, by the way is neverendingchartrendering.org!

I'll also be willing to give some recommendations! Who's first?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Great taste. What are some good hip-hop albums? I need to expand my knowledge of the genre.

what are your favourite emo albums

What are some good albums like Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars or whatever it's called

OP Here. Besides the ones on my chart, I think that Kanye and Eminem are the ones you need to check out.

>Kraftwerk is the only decent electronic album in there and it's not even their best
you're not an expert

simply epic xD

Thanks for doing this AMA OP. I hope this question doesn't get buried.
Where do I start with Death Grips?

OP here! My favorite one is "American Idiot" by Green Day.

what bands are good at music op

My friends think I'm a music expert as well, welcome to Cred Forums cunt.

OP Here. I say that if you want to start with any artist, just go through their discography chronologically to see how they develop and evolve. I've always found that to be the most interesting way to get into artists.

would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck??
edit: obligatory thanks for the gold

simply lmao at your basic bitch taste

Thanks Jon

Do you like Pink Floyd?

jon please answer my question what bands are good at music

The Beatles and Pink Floyd are the top ones IMO. Listen to some Kendrick if you want a good modern artist

Of course lol! Look at my chart!

Jin hamburger help me
What is good music for watching Formula 1

who are your favourite female artists

thanks jon i appreiciate it

Shit bait m8
EYL

oh
thats not emo tho

Formula 1? Well it's high speed racing so probably Megadeth or Metallica!

Kate Bush should be on my chart somewhere!

Wait can only you see your name? I just noticed that on my computer it says my name

Testing...

Shit. Can you remove the name from the posts after it's been posted? My friend told me you HAD to put in a name and a hashtag password and I would be anonymous but that's obviously not true.

that's your username, jon. of course other users can see it

What are your thoughts on The Beach Boys?

adding to this, do you think they rival the beatles?

Get fucked Jon you fag cunt

sorry that you had to see this, jon. can one of the mods delete this please

youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI

Jon stop damage controlling

Hey Jon, can you give me a good heavy metal rec? Also, what's the name of the album in the top right?

please come back jon

Jon can you recommend me something that will make me feel like a transgender manatee who was separated from zir friends and is lost and adrift in a lonely sea

thanks jon I love you

>Jon will never return and will never inform your opinions on 1920's proto-industrial

why even continue on bros? this life just takes and takes

Outside of my chart you could try black sabbath's paranoid! I decide that it's no harm no foul to use my name so people can tell it's me!

Is that a real thing?

Glad you're back Jon

yeah most of it went unrecorded but it was especially popular in construction yards, particularly along railroad construction lines

can you please answer this jon I'm trying to understand the queer manatee perspective

its for a paper thanks

Yo, Jon. I'm looking to get into Afro-Latin jazz. Any recommendations? I'm liking Tito Puente, but I need to go deeper.

I'm looking to dig deeper into electro swing Jon. I've already built up a strong collection of parov stelar, diablo swing orchestra and caravan palace. Are there any others you'd recommend?

Bumpity bump bump

Have you ever listened to classical or jazz music on purpose op?