How is it possible for one man to be so based?

How is it possible for one man to be so based?

Phil appreciation thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bAOwBwAv-g
fancypeopleadventures.com/
mega.nz/#!o18DgCaK!Fgnb-6cDDeT2dUWpdgY7UqLfNW97zeoScS_Ti-9pJaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hes just some white dude that made white people music once

Love you Phil, looking to get more of you records soon!

Any recommendations for what my next purchase should be? I'm thinking No Flashlight...

I just found out that Genevieve died and it makes me feel so bad for him. I love Philly-boy.

But did you know that he's also a comic artist?
Pic related

So he makes cartoons for white people too

Wowowowowo

Yeah he's (understandably) been silent on Twitter since it happened. I hope he's gonna be ok.

Is he guaranteed to get rave reviews on his next album?

how about dawn? it's my favorite

you should really be less racist

>implying there's going to be a next album
;_;

1 bnm = 1 prayer

give it a few years

Damn, that's one of my least favorites to be honest. My favorite songs by Phil are the ones that are more instrumentally blown up, my favorite album of his is Mount Eerie. I probably will get Dawn eventually just because I'm a Phil completionist. There are some releases that I may never get though so who knows.

is it possible for one man to be more sad?

Jeff Mangum helped him fund wise when his wife needed it. I wonder if Jeff has been a long time fan

>thread about Phil
>it's not Phil Collins

thank god he didn't make it for black people

yeah dawn is really subtle and some mind find it boring

Mount Eerie is without a doubt his best album, the glow pt.2 comes in second for me.
Also, one of the best songs by The Microphones:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bAOwBwAv-g

Yeah! Mount Eerie played at Jeff Mangum's curation of All Tomorrow's Parties in 2013. Jeff's lineup was fucking stacked
>all those Elephant 6 bands
>Sun Ra
>Oneohtrix Point Never

Also I just felt like sharing that this guy named Vic Chesnutt did a full length album with Elf Power (of Elephant 6) as his backing band playing his songs back in the 2000s. Vic later formed a super group with member of Godspeed You! Black Emperor and fucking Guy Picciotto from Fugazi to do a couple of albums (both great). Jeff contributed a bit of music to one of those albums.

Damn, that sounds awesome! I've never heard of this before. What are these albums called?

North Star Deserter and At the Cut

It's pretty surprising that they are NEVER brought up here given that this board likes Fugazi and Godspeed...I found out about the group/Vic from some random Guy Picciotto interview where he briefly talks about being in a "large band" with Vic. You can find downloads of the albums if you look around for them. They're both really good. North Star Deserter is the album that Jeff co-wrote a song on, though you wouldn't really notice it since Jeff does not appear on the album.

The appeal of Dawn is that it has a really intimate feel and has some of his most personal and direct lyrics.

I understand the appeal, I just don't like it that much. It's a demo album. The newer versions of those songs are a lot better than what's on Dawn.

his wife's music was pretty good too

>no black wooden ceiling
really nigga

I'm working on it, that is a favorite of mine.

Man, Phil's looking pretty busted in recent years I got to say.

Whew

i am jealous!!

just wait until the new phil post-genedeath shots

in case anyone wants it (you should, its funny stuff). here is all of the comics from fancypeopleadventures.com/ (phil's comics) put in a zip
mega.nz/#!o18DgCaK!Fgnb-6cDDeT2dUWpdgY7UqLfNW97zeoScS_Ti-9pJaw

didn't he publicly get really mad about people downloading his music?
no chill

MICROPHONES RATING: The Glow Pt. 2 > It Was Hot > Mount Eerie > Don't Wake Me Up

MOUNT EERIE RATING: No Flashlight > Dawn > Clear Moon > Lost Wisdom > Wind's Poem > Sauna > Ocean Roar > Singers

Thoughts?

One of my biggest insecurities as a musician myself is that i'll never be as based as Phil

should I check out more Microphones stuff or Mount Eerie stuff?

microphones: Glow Pt. 2 > Mount Eerie > Little Bird Flies > Don't Wake Me Up >>>> It Was Hot
mt. eerie : Dawn > Lost Wisdom > Black Wooden Ceiling > Sauna > Wind's Poem > No Flashlight > Clear Moon > Singers > Ocean Roar

I like how each Phil's fan loves different albums (as far as preference order goes)

>wife died
>he completely disappeared from twitter
I wonder if his wife's death leads him to ditch music for good or to create something heart-wrenching

>I like how each Phil's fan loves different albums (as far as preference order goes)
Yeah judging by your and most other people's top lists I'm definitely the minority. Not only do I think Mount Eerie is infinitely better than the entirety of his Microphones output, I also think Ocean Roar is one of his best albums

I get what you mean but i'm in the minority too.
I mean, Sauna is in my top 3 full-lengths and everybody 'hates' it for some reason.
Ocean Roar is good but has so many weak points and too long for what it is imo.

And literally everyone thinks mount eerie > microphones but whatever, it's all Phil's.

>ditch music for good
what do you mean? his last release was him at his best, i don't get why him ditching music would be 'for good'

When I saw Geneveve was terminal I had to donate...Phil is such a good one. ;-;

for anyone on here with a little extra cheese he's keeping his kickstarter open to help support his kid now that he's a single dad desu

I don't see Lost Wisdom, which I absolutely adore. Which is your favourite?

RIP Vic