Why don't any girls like prog?

Why don't any girls like prog?

:(

Because prog is an exclusively male, neckbeard genre.

because its for smart people and their not smart enough

because there are no fedoras and flameshirts for women

Because of album covers like that.

Like what the fuck is even happening there? Did they think they were really fucking clever by applying a blue filter to everything? This is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life. Look at that photoshop on the kid too, the sun is clearly behind him, why is his face so illuminated?

And that fucking rose, oh my god. I've listened to two Dream Theater albums in my life, and this album cover just convinces me that it was 2 too many

Yeah but they play they're instruments real good an the lyrics are deep and insightful

Yeah? So do a million people in the world that DON'T make me cringe my ass off so I'll stick to that thank you very much

Do the members of Dream Theater actually collectively agree on their album covers? Did they really all look at this and say "yes"?

Because prog is an even more pretentious meme than girls

I'm laughing my ass off at work right now.

We need to make a 'shitty-album-art-core' chart if we haven't already.

Is it mandatory for prog rockers to be pedo?

That one Iron Maiden cover should be the poster boy

I actually know a couple of them that actually do. But they're scum and pretentious shit.

Nice job asshats. This wasn't supposed to be an album art thread, but here's an example that DT has produced good album art. Note that the songs on this album are even better.

This is better, but only marginally. Still pseudo-deep shit that means absolutely nothing

so normal prog fans then

>good album art

dont talk that way, user. I love prog and I'm a nice dude :(

My girlfriend likes some prog. She at least likes the basis. Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, etc. It's certainly not her favorite genre though.

I'm a girl (male) and I like prog

holy shit is this Blingee stock image?

Oh there's a way bigger difference between prog-rock and this new brand of prog-metal that is 0% emotion and 100% wankery

are you just following the meme or have you actually stopped to listen to prog metal? I mean, there are tons of shite of course, but Leprous and Riverside, for instance, are pretty good and emotional.

>riverside
>pretty good and emotional

how's high school?

>good album art

I hope you're baiting

Yeah I've stopped listening to prog metal. I guess I'd still see Protest the Hero if they ever came to town, but that's only cause I have a huge emotional connection to that band.

Also, if The Human Abstract got back together

because it fuckign sucks

well how about this then

it's pretty talented and deep new prog

I know it's cliche as fuck but the only real metal album I've listened to in the past year was Sunbather, just cause the album art didn't embarrass me to have in my library

Too bad you're following trends. Escapism, romanticism and magic realism has been unpopular in the art community for a good while, but a time will come when minimalism and postmodernism will look outdated and metal album covers will be appreciated finally.

it's not prog famalam

escapism, romanticism and magic realism have been outdated since the 90s

Because you haven't met any

I knew one girl who was into Dream Theater.

There are many album covers that incorporate escapism, romanticism, and magic realism that do them in a tasteful and aesthetically pleasing way.

Joanna Newsom - Ys
Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
FKA twigs - Melissa EP
Thee Oh Sees - A Weird Exits

but the album art is emabarrasing as fuck, especially if its recognized

At least it doesn't look like a metal album to normies

I know a lot of girls who like this album

Will prog ever make a comeback? The sad thing is that it could have been a dominant genre but music journalists became adament that their medium would never amount to anything greater than two minute show tunes, where the performance was more important than the playing. I hold to it that the reason they killed prog is because they were comfortable in their mediocrity and intimidated that prog represented genuine skill, not just musically but philosophically, literary, and culturally. We could have had a musical renaissance that rivaled the greatest art forms. As good as Genesis, Pink Floyd, Yes, Crimson were, imagine if we had six generations of artists rising and studying, and developing it forward. Imagine what we would have today. I believe the music industry itself had a hand in this as they wanted to ensure that music remained something that a single producer could steer, giving rise to the modern DJ/rap culture where the artist is the most superfluous element. At least we still have that little window in the late 60s, early 70s where music was almost something that mattered.

Kill yourself

Calm down, life has no meaning, do what makes you happy

This is literally the greatest reply on Cred Forums at the moment

>normies
what kind of bullshit is this?
when I was in high school back in the 00s there were neither 'normies' nor 'abnormies'
damn kids are makin up stuff today

jesus

because it's art and women can't appreciate art

I do, I have a real friend who does, my favorite radio show (a prog show) is hosted by a girl as well (check it out, it's great), etc.
So, OP, you're wrong.

It already has had many, just look harder.

>check it out, it's great
what's it called

My mom likes Porcupine Tree and Pink Floyd

[spoiler]I knew one who liked Genesis[/spoiler]

Riverside is GOAT, kys

The Other Rock Show
It plays both old and new, usually less known, but always great (non generic) prog rock!

Sometimes I forget Cred Forums doesn't have spoiler.

POSTING THE BEST MOST DEEP ALBUM COVER

>just now notice the rope is breaking
damn...

damn...

keep laughing bitch nigga. go ahead and try to explain its meaning

pro tip: you can't because it is genuinely 2deep4u

what's better, bad prog covers or bad hip hop covers? you know the type

So is djent prog?

what did they mean by this?

Really makes you think.

I found out about Dream Theater from a girl.

bad hip hop is better, because they're not trying to be deep and intelligent

dayum son...

They mostly like Pink Floyd.

Still though, I'd say because a lot of prog is very technical and evokes a sense of rapture in the listener, and maybe biologically women want to be men's only source of this. When it's directly expressed in the form of music they can't take it.

what the ones that use big green bold times new roman with vertical stretching in the middle? also the rapper is in front of some mystical looking background

bad prog is better because it's trying to be deep and intelligent, and because it's not trying to be cool.