Ok atheists, bear with me here

Ok atheists, bear with me here.
>Big bang happens, because reasons
But what were those reasons?
And what were the reasons for those reasons
And what were the reasons for the reasons reasons.
Do you see how flawed science can be? There is allways one step further which we cannot possibly hope to explain.
And let's say we actually boil it down to... let's say it all happens because "that's just how particles react which eachother" or some shit about movement and chaos.
What started that movement and chaos?
I'm in no way a hardcore christian, I've just started beliving a little more after having these thoughts, that little "coincidence" that causes everything to become, it must be something beyond us, something beyond the physical. Maybe that is the thing we could call "God"?

Agnostic stopping by before the thread gets 300+ replies of bullshit to say that you're all retarded.

Science doesn't attempt to explain the why, just the how.

This

Nah. let's call it anything but "God". Let's call it Bob.

Fucking coward, make a choice or fuck off, either you belive or you don't, agnosticism just means you haven't made up your fucking mind.

no

If cou see "not knowing something" as a flaw thats your own retardation.

Yeah, fuck questioning things. Just say a bearded man in the sky did it and call it a day

Not him but why is it so bad to admit that one cannot know whether or not a god exists? Why do we have to take sides on a matter that nobody is capable of proving?

You dumb ignorant motherfucker. Just because you don't know something or can't explain it doesn't mean that a god exists. Learn the fucking difference between a chance of a god existing and a god existing. It's always the same shit with believers, your way of thinking is irrational and like the way the people in the middle ages thought.

Ok so what created "god" then?

Question EVERYTHING my man, but I just can't see how we can explain everything, it's kind of like a paradox, you think you've reached the bottom and found the FINAL answer, but... Why does that stuff happen then? Everything happens for a reason, what was the reason for that reason happening then?

Exactly, what created "God"? Or is god maybe the force behind it all? The reason that gravity exists and all that.

Shouldn't you be over at /r9k/ complaining about women?

If it bothers you that much, just kill yourself and ask the dude himself.

kys yourself

I second this motion

for it answer you find a new question, no problem with that. if everyone thought that god is the answer for everything, than we would have some real trouble

Some particle thought it was funny to fart on another particle but it just shitted and caused the big bang

DUBS HAS SPOKEN!!!

I'm not saying god is the answer for everything, I support alot of scientific theories and such, but the really BIG things however.
Have an example:
>humans are biological entities
>consisting of atoms
>consisting of electrons and all that good stuff
>our thoughts and senses are just electronic responses
>because electrons move around
Aas of such, you could say the electrons controll EVERYTHING we do, the reason you thought that ... thought you just did was because the electrons your made of has traveled a predestined path.
BUT, what makes those fuckings electrons move?
"Hurr electromagnetic forces"
But why do they exist? Probably because of some smaller particles moving around aswell.
But why do they move around?
>tl;dr: what made the first particle move it's ass and spark "creation"?

Infinity is something the human mind can't comprehend.

>Maybe that is the thing we could call "God"?

Maybe. But that isn't the god described by any religion. You can either suppose magic, in which case this discussion is irrelevant because you're going outside the bounds of scientific fact to start, and have a god that can interact with the universe; or you can assume that god interacts with the universe using the fundamental forces we're aware of, and not magic, in which case, it isn't a god in any religious sense, just a very advanced alien.

The more likely explanation, because it's the simplest, is that there's no reason for anything and the universe only exists by random coincidence. But people (like you) don't like to confront the absurd meaninglessness of existence so you retreat to fantasies.

I can't say I blame you, but I can say it's weak.

Nearly everyone is an agnostic.

There isn't, anything wrong with that, but idenitfying as ONLY agnostic is a coward's way of avoiding the actual conflict. While you hide from the social stigma of your beliefs, religious groups continue to oppress and murder atheists who aren't afraid to admit it.

Gnosticism is a statement of certainty, while Theism is a statement of belief. As any Christian will tell you, the two are completely independent.
>so stand up for what you BELIEVE

One of the oldest impossible to answer questions regardless of your faith or lack thereof: 'why is there something instead of nothing?'

No one can answer this. Also there's nothing wrong with admitting you dont know. People get so worked up about their beliefs.

The god portrayed in christianity has a lot of shit wrong about "him".
But I think of it this way, the reason you think and act is because of the movement of electrons I've so elobaretly debated in this thread. So when you interact with other humans it's just electrons going their path. But couldn't you say that this "electronic path" given to us is like... "god creating us in his image"?
The concept of conciuosness and thoughts are just so fucking hardcore on the physical level, it makes a man belive.

man, everything will have an asnwer eventually, until we cease to exist or you understand that an asnwer will lead to a hole board of new questions, or quit science choose a religion that will give you all the 'answers'.

Worst thread of the day, congrats you fucking mouthbreathing stoner

No, I'll quote , we're fucked, everything happens for an infininete amount of reasons. We can't explain infinity.

I'm certainly a gnostic atheist in the sense that I can't think of a situation where I would ever bet that a god existed, so I must have a probability for god not existing that approaches 1.

>consciousness
That is the crux of the argument isn't it? If consciousness exists separate from the physical brain then why don't we retain consciousness during anesthesia? or during comas? Why does everything we observe about ourselves point towards the idea that consciousness is a physical phenomenon rather than a spiritual or metaphysical phenomenon?

im an agnostic atheist but i can just say that im more comfortable with science and can accept the concept of death, its certainly more fun than a giant bearded man making people out of clay

>aithests are wrong because they claim they are trying to figure out the answers
>every religion is right because they claim they have all the answers

nice logic faggot, go suck on a dick

I'm just saying science can't prove EVERYTHING, and then what, what the fuck should we call those things we can't explain?

>nice logic faggot, go suck a dick
Never change Cred Forums

Nope.

Just because science can't prove everything with the state that it's in and that human mind can't comprehend everything in it's current state, it doesn't mean that those things will never be explained or understood. If you have such a small minded view, you are no better than the stereotypical religious person.

>insert god in every unknown

you have herd of the god of the gaps right? as knowledge increases religions have this funny habit to tuck god into a new hole.

>god is in the sky
fly and dont see him
>god is in space
go into space dont see him
>god is in an alternate state of existance
havn't been there yet but give us more time and you will come up with a new excuse. Science doesn't claim we know everything but we have benifited more from science than any sand people stories on how the universe works and we will one day fully understand how the universe started and you christian fags will cry and be like 'well you dont know (x)' the cycle never ends.

so, as i said before, suck a big sloppy cock faggot

Just not explained yet. Everything can be known, we may not have a way of finding the answers now but we will, it's only a matter of time. Our capability of knowing these things will increase and prove these fairy tales to be wrong down to every last crazy claim and statement.

here is a thing to think about

would you rather live your entire life in hopes of being in this beautiful magical perfect heaven place with Jim Jesus Christ and The Big Man himself

or do what humans do fucking best, think. we think to find answers to the questions we find in this vast empty space, a very lonely place. maybe. would you not be thrilled to find out that life exists outside of our planet? intelligent life?? life in general! discoveries like these bring up more questions, but thats what makes life worth living
ultimate salvation?

or fight for the answers, defy the odds and prevail?

The Big Bang happened after the implosion of an incomprehensibly dense cluster of molecules that existed since time immemorial. 3rd dimensional thinking cannot comprehend the infinite nature of time so naturally we look for an origin where there is none.

Oh look a dead meme

>God of gaps

Good point, and I see how it can be used to attack me.
But I'm not thinking about it that way, sorry if I've worded myself wrong. But given how backwards people were back in the day compared to today. Think of it like this, we've reached our "pinacle" of science, we've begun understanding space and time itself, but that has also given God some SERIOUS holes to hop into, science can't explain infinity, how can infinity exist? that is the ULTIMATE question, and I would presume it fucks with everything said so far.

Can't explain infinity, it's a concept beyond human comprehension and will never be understood.

So your saying matter has existed infinetly? That doesn't make sense, does it? What "created" that matter?

>STARS N SHIT NIGGAH

also, checked

Not matter, ether.

the universe isn't endless bro, it's in an expanding blob. Infinity is a mathmatical term, everything is finite.

we are not at the 'pinacle' of any science, just recently we discovered how the interaction of water and potassium actually works at the atomic level, something we just observed for so long and just theorized how it would work.

Please put down a bible and read a book

Then what is beyond the universes edge then?
I'm not looking to be right, ok, I'm just pointing out how hopeless this situation is.

Please fuck off with the ad hominems now, I know we're on Cred Forums, but still.

>not looking to be right
>knowing everything is futile
>ergo Allah is the answer

fuck off

Then prove to me infinity can be understood

Technically with the Big Crunch theory you create a loop of universes where it constantly goes from Big Bang to Big Crunch. Since nothing can be destroyed in it's core, it would be like making a sand castle and then demolishing it to make a new one AND you don't have to look for a beginning point even though we might not be able to comprehend it. Information and such exist without a source in some paradoxes like The Bootstrap Paradox.

So god made us?
Who made god?
Same argument bible fuck only one has attempts to explain and making slow arse progress where as your story books are stuck obsessing over the same bullshit passages.

Not one Cred Forumstard has even thought of mentioning the superstring theory, says some about you retards :^)

lol it already is as a mathmatical function because that is it's only applicable use. We use it to explain an amswer as it approaches infanitly close to (x) in the decimole places and we use it as a function goes on forever and other things.

You son of a bitch.

hey now, we arn't subsituting 1 thing that makes no sense with another

Thanks for being patient with us but yeah it is a mindfuck and being atheist I question my beliefs so much but I have learned to realise there isn't an answer for everything, why does God exist? What made him happen? If you switch God with the Big Bang you get the same dilemma, but the real truth is, we have little bits of information that the Big Bang happened and we glued them together, we never really did have 100% solid evidence and we probably never will. But whatever, believe what you want dude.

man u r so cool rock on m8

Agnosticism=auticism

No religion explains any of it. Science explains what it can, were hundreds of years away of understanding that stuff but the day will come. Thanks!

Shit tier bait and i take it im an idiot

Time didn't exist before the big bang tho niqa

Not my momma

o yeah ima centrist brah

there is no god
the same way we can't prove 100% the BIg Bang shit , we can't assumne that a fucking lil dude called God created all this shit , thats even worse