Does anyone here have a snake such as a ball python/king or corn...

Does anyone here have a snake such as a ball python/king or corn? I'm 22 years old and i finally got an apartment and i'm living on my own,i wanted to buy a ball python so badly from age 15-20 that my mother literally beat me until i stopped thinking about it because she despises snakes and i'm from a europoor country so i guess everyone's afraid of em,i was thinking of buying a ball python but since i can't get them here i'm wondering what site could i use to buy one?
Also sneak thread

Other urls found in this thread:

snakesatsunset.com/baby-ball-pythons-for-sale-python-regius/
market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=32
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do what you want man but everyone knows only autists would actually have a snake for a pet.

Good ol' Cred Forums, insulting everything it can with words they don't even know the definition of.

I kissed a Burmese Python the other day

boobs

I was exactly like you my friend, my mom forbid snakes. Hated them with a passion. So naturally as soon as i moved out i bought one. And after 4 weeks or so it got lame as fuck. The only thing you can do with them is let them slither around on you or other objects. Not much to them tbqh. Get a dog.

i own a ball, great snakes, can be picky eaters and refuse to eat for months, so be careful for that. id recommend find a reptile expo so you can hold the snakes and judge temperament.

Well,a reptile expo is not easy to find.
I don't even think those exist here.

I realize that but i'm still interested,i like calm and "introvert" animals.

I'm a student,i'm busy and i need a docile pet to hold and just look at. Ball pythons are perfect for me. I've had a husky before but he ran away due to me being too busy to care for him and because my mother made him lazy and she even let him go. Still loved the litte guy.

Yeah, eurofag. Basically what said.
However, I'm an americunt with a ball python for a few years now. I love it. If you do end up getting one, I recommend letting it slither on you every now and again so it gets accustomed to who you are. At least that's what I've heard.
>pic related Jaeger

you mean nigger dick?

britfag living in america here.

I had a ball python last year. sold it after aproximately 4 months because it was too much of a bitch to take care of, and was draining my cash. It kept escaping and i think it had mites so i sold it on ebay.

After a while i didnt even want to hold it, it just grossed me out. Those things live for like 20 years btw to get ready for that.

DON'T YOU MEAN YOUR POOOOUUUUNDS?
DON'T YOU MEAN YOU SOLD IT ON E-UUUUUUUUU?
BRI-ISH
BRI-ISH
BRI-ISH

I'd say that's a rare case.
I think it's more of a preference.
I'm guessing some are a bit more agressive.
Also,how did it escape?

Are there any trustworthy websites i could use to order one? The color doesn't really matter,i'm looking for a sub-50$ baby female. As long as it's healthy and it's eating,and of course if the website ships to all European countries.

if your a student, dont get a snake,

I am a student but i'm completely free on weekends and the most studying i do is reading a book. I'm free 24/7 on weekends and i socialize by making my friends come to my house,not going outside.

i was keeping it in sterilite tubs, and i just kept forgetting to lock it i suppose. I was't a good owner.

actually i mistyped, i sold it on craigslist.

you are best off buying from private breeders online. i purchased mine from a wholesale breeder which isn't the best option.

Private breeders?
Considering i live in basically a third world slavic country europoor country,are there any private breeders that ship to Balkan?

Thats not the issue. Do you go home for the holidays, to see family or anything?
you have to take your snake with you, and that becomes a bitch. Honestly, dont buy a ball python. It's not worth it bro.

Also,i wrote country twice,my bad.
I'm guessing private breeders don't ship but i have been on a site called snakesatsunset.com/baby-ball-pythons-for-sale-python-regius/ they're selling baby ball pythons and they ship to my country.
I don't go home for holidays because me any my family live in the same city and are a mile away from each other,i also drive a shitty cabrio so getting there for holidays and such is an easy thing to do.

How to get into Ball Python breeding?

There probably are, i'm trying to remember what a good site for it was called. Basically people breed them themselves, they collect really good bps, breed them, then sell the babys. Im sure some of them will ship worldwide, but honestly im not sure. There are tons of private breeders.

Alternativly you can buy a bp from a large breeder, reptilesbymac is where i bought mine. Theyre healthy and all, but not as unique or as well kept as private breeder bps.

>get slithery snek
>get another slithery snek
>make the slithery sneks have slithery secks
>wait a while
>get more slithery sneks

"i was keeping i in serilie ubs, and i jus kep forgeing to lock i i suppose. I was' a good owner.

(You)
acually i misyped, i sold i on craigslis.

you are bes off buying from privae breeders online. i purchased mine from a wholesale breeder which isn' the bes opion."

I fixed your words to have no T, like your accent.

So there are sites for private breeders?
I'm actually looking it up on google and i'm just finding large breeders,at least from europe,though.

market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=32

I found it. Here is a site that might help you connect to online private breeders. Snakesatsunset sound like a large breeder.

The amount you are willing to spend is a pretty big factor of whether you should buy from a large breeder or private. Private you're gonna be able to get exactly what you want, there are hundreds of morphs out there. It will be more pricey though.
Large breeders have some morphs, but are much cheaper. When you buy from a large breeder, you are getting 1 out of the 10000 of a particular morph you choose. Typically the bp wont be as good looking.
However from a private breeder youre getting one out of the maybe 10 that have hatched in your morph, and the genes are that of the breeder pythons which typically have good genetics.

thanks, i've always wanted an accent

I have a corn snake

Some private breeders might have there own sites, but the kingsnake classifieds might be your best best.

Another alternative are reptile expos. You could see if there are any coming up in your area, although it sounds like you live in a bit of a shithole.

Reptile expos allow you to look at the snakes before buying, and could even help you connect to a local breeder, if there are any.

I'm in the u.s though so this is just how i would do it.

Most of these aren't babies and are more "irregular" colours.
Snakesatsunset has all 5 star reviews on those baby BPs and i can of course choose the gender. Really the problem is the fact that i'd like to be sure it's healthy and eats well,and there might be a chance that's not true with a big breeder like them...
You hit the nail on the head,as i said i live in a shitty slavic europoor country and everyone is deathly afraid of snakes. Some dude has like 1-2 BPs and he made it onto the newspaper as a "spectacle" so yeah it's QUITE the shithole.
Reptile expos are no-go.

This was the snake i bought from a large breeder online, reptiles by mac. It bit me once the first day i got him, but other than that he was a pretty chill snake until he kept escaping and i decided to sell him.

it was about 350 usd

Corn snake user here. They are way easier to care for then ball pythons. I do maybe 30 mins a week of maintaince not counting feeding. Once you get the temps and shit right it's super easy to care for. I pretty much just make sure her water is clean everyday or so and spot clean her cage after she shits.

No problem. I'm stuck at shit tier caterpillar with my normal voice I've had my whole life, but you are becoming a butterfly good man.

I just gotta wrap my cocoon, spinnin' that shit erryday.

Snek.

Yeah,he sure is pretty.
It seems that they're quite the escape-artists,though. I'm guessing if i do get one i'll need a very closed-tight container or terrarium.
I've been reading up and watching videos on BPs and it seems that caring for them isn't that hard or much different from a corn except they might not eat for quite a while if they're stressed. Ball pythons seem very "chill" and docile. I'd also like a ball because they seem bigger and wider,cornsnakes just feel very small for me. I'm sure corns are very cool,though.

honestly you will be fine with an large online breeder. They always feed their bps for a few weeks before they send them out, but when you first get him he wont eat because of the journey. I'd say there's maybe a 5% chance that your bp will be defective, won't eat at all, and die. That does happen.

If you don't want morph, by from a large breeder, you should be fine.

I've been reading up on the reviews for the cheap baby BPs from snakesatsunset and they all seem very,very good. The BPs are very cheap,babies,and i can choose their gender which is all perfect. I just wonder if i could have some kind of "health guarantee" that it's properly fed and healthy. Without any mutations and the like.

Corns are cool as shit. Mine is super docile and has never refused to eat. They may be thinner then balls but they are just as long if not a little longer.

Hey there, OP! Remember, before you get any pet (especially reptiles/AND ESPECIALLY PARROTS) please do your research before you get any exotic pet. You must be ready for the large 20-30 YEAR commitment that ball pythons have. You must be willing to spend at least 2-3 hours with it a day so it does not become aggressive. There are too many abused/homeless exotic pets these days because of uneducated owners. Please be responsible, Op.

I don't know much about cornsnakes, but i do know that there is more to ball pythons.

You have to simulate their environment in Africa in order for them to shed properly, and grow healthily. For instance, one half of the enclosure should be around 80 degrees, while the other half should be higher, around 86-88 if i remember right. Another thing is humidity.
If you don't properly maintain the enclosure, the snake will become stressed and won't be healthy. In the longrun. Its by no means difficult to own one but it still takes some planning and such.

Don't hold your ballpython for 2-3 hours a day. That stresses it out. When you first get your ball python, handle it as little as possible for 2 weeks to let it get used to its new environment. After that, start in small increments. Start with 10-15 minutes once a week and increase from there.

I've been doing research for the past 5 years,as i said,i've wanted one since i was 16 and i just now got the chance,since i have a job and an apartment.
But basically,the main thing i'll need is a form of heat-pad and an enclosure? I don't know if there are any heat pads made for reptiles here,though. As i said it's quite a shithole.
I've also heard they need humidity? So basically spray the tank with water every week or so?

i think you will be fine getting a baby from this site. Mutations are pretty uncommon, and you can probably request to see the snake before it's sent if you email them.

I have a baby corn snake

OP you should start with an easy snek, like a Taipan

I can request to see the snake?
That's great.
I'll have to look into that.
Hopefully they'll reply.
My main problem after getting the snake itself is the price i'll need to pay for shipping and regulating the heat.
I've heard many youtubers and forums say BPs are good starter snakes,though,if not in keeping,at least in demeanor.

That snake looks fucking awesome

heat tape(its like a heat pad but easier/cheaper) is best, and you also need something that will regulate the temperature. What i did was i bought 2 sets of heat tape, 2 thermostats, and i regulated the temptures on both sides.

Humidity is a bit tougher but you definitely want a sprayer. Certain bedding retains more humidity than others, certain enclosures will also do the same. Definitely buy the equipment in advance and prepare the enclosure

My buddy had a 12 foot python. Chill as fuck. It livved in a rope handled bucket. Had a heat rock and a blanket in there. It'd uncoil and chill on the back of the couch while we fucked off and played wow.

Also,OP here,that snake does look very nice,sorta small but i love the blue color,the blue stripe gives off a "rope" impression which is very nice.
If i ever do get into snake keeping i'll definitely look into that snake.

Ball pythons are shit tier snakes. Going off of personal experience I'd say do a carpet python instead. They start of a bit nippy but tame out quickly enough, they're also better feeders (provided you get them onto rats early on) and more active than balls are. Carpets come in a variety of sizes too, if you're looking for something small then start with a Darwin's or irian jaya carpet. The most important thing you should do before you decide though is research. Not come to Cred Forums- research. Sit the fuck down and learn about the animal, visit a reptile forum, ask around, maybe visit an expo and ask the breeders what works best.

another thing that you probably already realize, is that ball pythons like to hide. A ball python that is roaming around its cage during the day is probably not "happy" with its enclosure. You need 2 tight "hides" on both ends of the enclosure.

Don't get a fucking royal python they do sweet fuck all !!!. Get a superdwarf reticulated python . This is my one named handbanana and he's fare from a boring pebble .

Heat tape,huh?
I've looked it up on google and i'm getting no results for my country,maybe i'll go to the local pet store and ask for one.

Tonight...You!

What country are you in? Saturn?

Sadly,as stated,i live in a pure shithole.
Snakes are considered "satanic creatures" here,mate,like it's the 12th century. Expos don't exist here,breeders are impossible to contact,forums are restricted to Croatian only and buying anything but the most common snakes such as a BP or Corn is literally impossible. Also i would like a slower and more docile snake than a mobile snake,i'm an introvert type of guy and slow moving creatures are far more suitable for me. Also,can you explain to me the reasoning for your "shit-tier" snake deduction on the BP? Other than the inital set up for temperatures and an occasional fast it seems pretty easy to keep and they're slow and docile. I'm fine with it hiding most of the time,they're nocturnal and so am i (in a way).

Even worse,Serbia.

Is that your hand?
What type of snake is that?
I'm guessing it literally just got out of the egg.

No one is getting this lmao

Also,i forgot to mention some kid LITERALLY got on the NEWS for having 2 BPs in a terrarium,some even called him "the devil's child" and others said he's probably from a satanic sect or something. YES,it's THAT bad.

POKEING BALL PYTHONS IN THE NOSE IS LOADS OF FUN.

Dude, I have a ball, and have had a redtail boa.
They are great pets, and if handled a lot when they are young they will grow up to be very docile and friendly.

That is a really freaking cool pic, btw. Source?

Terrible feeding responses and the fact that the market is absolutely over saturated with them is my reasoning. All that over saturation is going to lead to birth defects since no new blood is being introduced. Instead relatives are being bred back to back to get hold of some overpriced genetic trainwreck of a snake with pretty colors.

It's on my palm my hand is in a weird position because it was moving everywhere. It's a corn snake and it's about a month old

It probably is once you get them tamed well,i've seen videos on YT of owners getting bit while tapping their noses,it makes them uncomfortable. OP here,i'm literally watching BP/Snake videos everyday and the more i do the more i want to get these beautiful creatures. Absolutely livid about getting one.
Simple google image search of ball python,i picked out the cutest one i saw.

For the feeding response i'm pretty sure it varies from snake to snake,but you are right.
Over saturation,though,i believe isn't a problem since the "pretty colour" ones are mostly from private breeders and if there are mutations they will at least be euthanized painlessly.
I'm guessing if it doesn't eat it's probably because i set up his terrarium badly or if he's inexperienced,i've seen force-feeding videos on YT and i'm guessing i'd resort to that since i'll be getting a baby.

My dad bread them as well as other pythons back in the early 2000s and would yell at me when I poked there nose.

Well,as i said,it seems poking their nose triggers a defensive response unless it's very well tamed.
It's probably the cutest thing you can do when you tame them,though. :P.

Force feeding should be a last result as it might make your snake refuse food all together. If it comes to it try prekilled, then brothing or braining if that doesn't work. Forcing should be the last resort.

Trips checked.
Thanks for the info on the pic.
I found another one similar to it but better quality while I was looking for it..

As i said "I'm guessing i'd RESORT to that"
I understand the precautions.
I've done quite a bit of research before wanting to buy the snake,my real problem now is buying the snake in general,mainly the legitimacy of the site and the shipping prices,and of course getting the terrarium equipment. Getting a terrarium is easy but my country is such a shithole i haven't found a single deal on any heat pads or heat tapes that i've been looking for while i was writing up this thread. All i've been finding is heat lamps.

Yes,they're very pretty.

It is not at all uncommon for constrictors who are approaching full grown status to fast for nearly a year. I have had snakes for over 30 years and have never had to forcefeed one. Just be patient and when they are hungry they will eat. If something is wrong with them and causing them to refuse food there will be other symptoms which are apparent, and you can have your vet address them.

normal snakes are stronger than morphs usually (better eaters, smarter, healthier ect.)
due to inbreeding

also having a pet means travelling or just staying out over night isn't always easy
you'll need a pet sitter you can trust
and it's guaranteed to be a huge hassle some point in the snakes long life

OP here,the problem is i hardly believe there are any vets ready to care for the ball.
As i said in my post a few responses back : "Sadly,as stated,i live in a pure shithole.
Snakes are considered "satanic creatures" here,mate,like it's the 12th century. Expos don't exist here,breeders are impossible to contact,forums are restricted to Croatian only and buying anything but the most common snakes such as a BP or Corn is literally impossible. some kid LITERALLY got on the NEWS for having 2 BPs in a terrarium,some even called him "the devil's child" and others said he's probably from a satanic sect or something. YES,it's THAT bad." So yeah,it's definitely hard finding a vet EVEN for a normal dog or cat,a vet that's experienced with snakes is almost impossible,even harder considering i'm not from Belgrade.

Snakes don't really need that much a pet sitter is often overkill.

That is true but as i said i'm quite introvert and my family only lives a mile away,just scroll up quite a few posts.

anyone been bitten by these snakes???????????

They're shit pets and the repel women.

It will never love you, OP. It's a reptile.

OP they're easy as shit to take care of.
This my baby migi.

cute little "snek"
And yes,OP here,i've seen videos of them biting,it really depends on the snake's personality and your behavior,if you stress them out they might bite but that bite is similar to a bobby pin,basically,it doesn't hurt at all.
I'm not looking for love,pets aren't supposed to love you they are supposed to bring companionship and a little bit of "life" in your life. As an introvert student that isn't a virgin but isn't really interested in a long-term relationship until i hit 30 and have a proper job,i would really like to get this snake. I find them very beautiful and pleasant to look at in general.

an example of intelligence from my experience with many snake is that they are able to kill prey with more skill than morphs generally

you should have tongs ready when feeding live to grab the rodents head if i tries to bite
and ideally be experienced and knowledgable when it comes to knowing what to expect in a feeding situation and what to do
pre killed is always safer for the snake but a healthy and genetically strong snake should have no problem

OP here.
She's really pretty.
How old is "she"?
Can you show me your tank?
Also,checked trips.

But i'm guessing wild snakes are more prone to diseases and less "tame-able"?
Also,where would one get a wild snake?
Especially from where i come from,keep that in mind.

I have a corn. Stupid low maintenance. Chill as fuck. Come in a multitude of colors and patterns.

a good women will admire that you care about an animal even if they don't especially like snakes
and there are plenty of women like this

there are also snake nerd girls out there that will really like your snake as well

Yeah,Corns seem really good as well.
I'll probably do a bit more research after this thread on both and come to a rational decision after a while. I do want a pet snake not because i want to look "edgy" (especially in this country,no less) but rather because i find them very beautiful,their colors are soothing to me and they seem to be perfect for a person as calm and introvert as me in general.

That is mostly true.
Though,in Serbia,snakes won't be admired,they'll get their heads chopped off by farmers.

captive bred is better. unless you are removing an alien species or injured snake that needs care there are enough snakes in captivity that need good homes

i just mean a normal ball python is more likely to be a better pet than a morph, because morphs are the result of inbreeding, that has nothing to do with if it's wild caught or not

What morph is that?

Oh,in that case i didn't understand well.
What exactly is a "Normal Ball Python"?
I thought those were wild BPs but they're not?
Aren't all snakes bought at large breeders morphs? For example,at this point i'm very,very sure i'll buy this BP : snakesatsunset.com/baby-ball-pythons-for-sale-python-regius/ because the site seems legit,all the babies seem healthy,and i myself want a female baby BP which might be harder to find at a private breeder. The BPs i linked don't seem to have a specific morph to them,so are these "Normal" BPs? If they are,you'll make me very,very happy,user.

Start with a corn or a king. Ball pythons require humidity and are a little more difficult to take care of. I have 2 corns and they're beautiful and sweet

with ball pythons there is pretty much the normal ones that look natural and then there's the morphs which aren't found in nature

but some reptiles have natural morphs which are fine
all snakes deserve a good home though and inbreeding doesn't effect reptiles nearly as much as mammals and it's not that noticeable unless you've known a lot of snakes (i used to work with them)

humidity isn't a problem,is it?
Do i simply fill an old spray bottle from some kind of window cleaning substance with water and i spray it all over the terrarium?
I already know what are all the things i need to keep a BP healthy and not stressed but i'm having difficulties finding things like heat pads and heat tape in my country,those things are extremely scarce since,as i said for maybe the 5th time,it's quite a shithole.

yeah those are normal because they look like the ones from the wild

Also,i've heard kings eat almost anything,is that true? I would like a BP because it's wider than both the king and the corn though,also a little less active,which (surprisingly for some) is a + in my book.
Oh that is just great. Thanks user!,