Cred Forums

Cred Forums

What do YOU think will be the greatest achievement in all of mankind?

I think it will be discovering another life form somewhere off in the universe. I don't know if this will happen in any of our lifetimes, or if it will happen at all. But that would be the most ground breaking thing to ever happen to us.

The intense dicking i gave your mum last night

Internet by far. As much knowledge and possible at any time

You mean as many trap threads...

scientific method

Curing all std's so we can have massive piles of sex on the streets again.

Not far from your idea, but I believe colonising other star systems would be even greater

Nuclear weapons

Once had a dream about this.
It is either:
The discovery of yet unknown intelligent life forms in the deep ocean.
Or:
Evolution progresses while we are still on this planet and either squids/octopuses or dolphins/whales will develop human like intelligence.

This will happen before the year 2259.

I agree, but 2259 is early as fuck as an estimate.

Electing Hillary Clinton as President of the United States

Plumbing
Food Production
Medicines

This is not really an achievement, just a discovery

Nonsense, discovery is inevitable. When we are socially involved in a larger cosmic system, which is only a matter of time, that 'achievement' will be irrelevant anyway.

The more you know! Those threads gave us knowledge

I think in the academic insight we would be viewed as having done alright. Our best and brightest tried their hardest to figure out humanity and the world around us and did to a certain extent.

So all of our information about ourselves and the Universe.

To be able to colonize other planets. THIS would be an achievement.

Fuckable robots

*our academic insight

Should be in May 2154

Our greatest achievement would be to survive for another 5 Billion years and to start colonizing planets outside our solar system, as earth gets swallowed by the sun.
Shortened version: Survive the planet, that gave birth to us

stem cell research is the first thing that comes to mind

Squids are on their way but nowhere near

Squids are badass

Time travel or at least FTL travel

>survive the planet that gave birth to us

Maybe we already did that user

Or maybe a galaxy-wide Dyson's Sphere

I wonder if humanity can survive itself.

your kidding right? that is impossible even in science fiction standards ...

It could be these dubs

We already have discovered life on another planet than Earth, bacteria are under the ice of jupiters moon Titan.

What you're thinking of is discovering INTELLIGENT life. Or at least multi-cellular life.

then humanity has failed misserably

I think deciphering the genetic code would have to be the craziest shit humans have ever done

We're talking about mankind's GREATEST achievement, I had to think big

colonisation of the milkyway galaxy, travel to other galaxies, FTL, harnessing the engry of our star, of multiple stars, true AI, mastering of bioenginering and our own flesh, creation of stars/neutronstars/black holes, etc

harnessing of our galaxy is considerd the mark of a stage 3 civilisation, dyson sphere around that, eeeeh, maybe not even necessary

'the energy

sry, got lost

Wasn't the final stage of civilization living inside black holes or something like that?

according to some metathesises our universe is the product of a 4 dimentional black hole so ...

How to triforce in other planets

Dissolution of nations. We can only go so far as a species when our world is shattered into arbitrary territories. Once we have a centralized world government there will be no further need for war and the largest threat to our species would be removed.

would be nice, but nothing any time in the next 300 years i guess

it's either the written word or chewing gum

feminists

When we, or whatever future Human 2.0 figures out what this universe is, how it works and why it exists at all. Maybe it'll turn out to be a simulation.

All great inventions come from white people. So the greatest invention is white people.

FCKING PORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSS

second it

according to your logic, i have invented the apple

An entirely new lifeform that's so advanced, it consumes everything. It'll do what humans do, only much, much faster and less painfully. After it has taken over the entire universe, the purpose of life has been fulfilled.

lol, bio supremasy
go flesh

We had already contact with another forms of life. I've been on /x/ , and I know what I'm saying.

The invention of banking.

Imagine being able to become master of millions of people by simply asking them to pay you to let you handle their money.

>This
After it, we can become super Human, Heal most Diseases and finally cure Mantel Illness

>What do YOU think will be the greatest achievement in all of mankind?

Discovering atomic energy and vowing to never use it as a weap.... oh, never mind.