Whic one do you prefer and why?

Whic one do you prefer and why?
Preferably want answers from hard core fans of either and not casuals that watched a few highlights

Crazy how those two dudes are part Asian and they're both savage.

Are you trolling? This is like asking if you prefer Michael Jordan or Peyton Manning. Prefer how? If you're talking about skills, they play different fucking sports. If not, I'm not really sure what you're referring to. Personality? Sex Appeal? Dick Size? WTF?!?!

Prefer in what way?

I prefer mma. I appreciate boxing still tho. I started with mma tho and to me its just so much more dynamic than boxing.

Also boxing is strange in that its an agreement to beat the shit out of each other with no kicks or elbows.

Demian Maia in the ufc is one of my favorite fighters because he's a top level guy who has been quoted many times saying something along the lines of " I like to finish my opponent quickly on the ground and cause minimal harm to both of us so we can return to training". He goes in and strangles them like a fucking magician and both guys dont take as much trauma to the head

As a sport to follow/watch
sry

Yeah Maia is a true martial artist and jiu-jitsu alien. Too bad the filthy casual bud light drinkers will never appreciate him.

I prefer boxing. True, the kicking aspect of mma adds something that boxing doesn't have, but too often I see mma fights wind up with the guys rolling all over the floor doing hardly anything. Boxing is 8-12 rounds of two dudes beating the shit out of each other. Its a display of strength as well as of skill and toughness where even mma striking tends to come down to which guy can throw some retarded kick with little real world application, or which one can knock the other guy down so they can start rolling all over the floor.

Do you actually follow boxing? There are plenty of boring jab and clinch fights in there. Even with the top guys.

Well in that case, I definitely prefer to watch mma. There are few things more beautiful to watch than the exemplary boxing skills demonstrated in prize fights. However, the possibilities in mma are so vast and haven't really been completely explored yet. Nobody really knows what the best way to fight is because there are basically endless options. That makes mma much more interesting to me. The matchups can become very intriguing when you get a guy like Thompson that may potentially fight a guy like Maia.

I love both for different reasons. As a sport boxing is truly brutal and in my opinion boxers are tougher than mma fighters. You get hit in the head hundreds of times in a boxing match. Also it is a "sweet science" and a very subtle artform.

MMA on the other hand is a chess match and you need to be way more athletic than a boxer. It's also the closest thing to an actual street fight scenario. I enjoy watching mma more because there's a lot more going on.

The problem with grappling is you have to train to fully appreciate it. There's a lot of subtle things going on that an untrained eye doesn't see. It can be boring but not any more boring than a clinch/grindy boxing match the other user mentioned.

thats where rogan commentary is helpful. its true tho I watch a lot of mma and lots of the top guys on the ground is still like wizardry to me

This

It is also kind of ridiculous for you call it "some retarded kick with little real world application" as the "rolling over the floor" is more likely in real world as boring as it may seem. And if we want to asses "real world application", MMA fighters would completely dismantle a boxer; a la Couture vs Toney.

Now I enjoy both as well as Thai boxing etc. But have to say MMA at its top level is just so creative and there are endless ways a fight can go. I mean look at guys like Cerrone, Wonderboy, Maia, Mighty Mouse etc. Who are masters of several things including boxing.

Even with commentary they don't actually ever comment on the mechanics and transitions in ground fighting. There's subtle things like hand and body posit ion, counters, setups etc... people think jiu jitsu is about performing a lock or a choke but 90% of the game is maintaining position and the little stuff in between that will get you to the lock or the choke. If you don't know just how difficult it is it will be boring.

MMA by far although I'd rather watch a power punching heavyweight like Mike Tyson in his prime than the vast majority of the best MMA matches I've seen

Boxing was my first love, i've been following MMA since 15 years ago, tomorrow i'll watch Poirier vs Johnson and Canelo vs Smith

I watched this on VHS when I was a kid and since then I've considered MMA the vastly superior fighting sport.

i prefer K1.

MMA is gay, the round are way too long, the ground action is boring and gay.

Boxing is fixed as fuck.

Muay Thai has lots of boring clinches

K1 is the most spectacular to watch, the most dynamic, the most fast paced.

Wish Palhares wasn't such a shithead so him and Maia could fight, would be a great match up. He's like a even more idiotic Jon Jones.

Hardcore fan of both, I enjoy watching specific fighters without a huge preference for either sport. Golovkin is awesome in boxing, Wonderboy is awesome in MMA, so on and so forth.

Conor McGregor is the greatest fighter ever to have lived.

He'd beat Tyson Ali and Bruce Lee in their prime.

Grappling to me seems like watching Mayweather fight. It's exciting to watch if you can appreciate the strategic fight going on but its more mental than physical.