Sully is not a hero

Sully is not a hero.

A hero risks their life for someone. If the plane crashed, he died too.

What does /b think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sKC9C0HCNH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

isn't that the definition of a hero

fantastic thread, OP. really great.

Yeah, they sacrifice their own wants or safety for the greater good. He didn't sacrifice anything. He just skillfully landed a plane and saved tons of people including himself.

>there's always one.

He saved a plane full of people. Are you a fucking retard?

Did they really make a movie about that guy? It happened not that long ago and it wasn't that big of a deal.

I know people don't land commercial airliners in the water everyday, but it seriously wasn't that big of a deal.

That's why they made the movie about the impact it had, not the event itself

sully was a inside job

all he did was do the job he was already getting paid to do.

tyrone is not a hero because he puts the top bun on your big mac after he gets paid $7 an hour to put the bun on your big mac.

Yep. I feel like 99% of pilots out there could have done the same, no problem

Hero? maybe not
Guy who is good at his job and was able to stay calm enough in a crisis to save not only his ass, but everybody else's as well? definitely
Is this something we should celebrate and encourage? With the number of complete retards in this world growing at an exponential rate, we can't afford not to.

They made a movie about that??

they made the movie to make money off of a bunch of tryhard hipsters who want to seem relevant by pretending to be fascinated with an event that has never and will never affect their lives

I'll take that over this.

%100 true. Pilot log thousands of hours of sim time for situations far worse than this.

/thread

Tom Hanks is a god damn living legend

Shut your whore mouth OP

Or he could have avoided the birds like most other pilots...

>a hero risks their life for someone

That's subjective. A hero is someone who saves someone or something, either physically or emotionally.

Captain Sully could of took his chances with a "safe" landing on the ground and crashed into a building, he make the decision to risk his life trying to make sure the only people who could possibly die, if anybody, were those in the plane INCLUDING himself.

He had to make a decision no keyboard warrior could have, and he had to rely on his own skills as a pilot to make his decision work. And he made it work. He took what could of been a tragic situation for 155+ people and turned it into a bit of a scary inconvenience if anything.

I'm not the type to suck the dick of "celebrities" and shit but he is a hero.

youtube.com/watch?v=sKC9C0HCNH8

Water landing is one of the hardest things to do in a plane and even if you do it perfectly right the engines will likely tear off and cause the plane to flip, ripping the whole plane apart.

>Hijacked plane

No point proven accept that terrorist can't fly well. I think we should've already remembered that.

his father committed suicide.
he probably has thought about suicide himself.
maybe on the day of this accident, he also wanted to die but chose not to and decided to save 100s of people instead.

>i just watched the movie and am coming up with some interesting theories huh guise?

Maybe

find us another commercial airliner that has successful completed a water landing with no causalities.

landing so well under those conditions was impressive
heroic feat no longer makes you hero?

The pilot can land a plane in a way that minimizes the possibility of the cockpit being ripped apart. He could have sacrificed the rest of the plane to maximize his chances of survival.

why would i watch a movie about a pilot who landed in the water.
its like watching that snowden movie.
>guy who copy & pastes documents onto a usb stick and leave the country
the end

>they sacrifice their own wants or safety for the greater good
Sacrificing your life or happiness for others is not good. It's self destructive and irrational.

A hero saves others to make himself happy, because he enjoys saving people.

Hero is a subjective term. Given the circumstances, I don't think he was a hero. He was a very good pilot that day and definitely saved lives. He is to be commended and even awarded a medal for savings lives. A hero, though? Eh... you guys make it seem like he went out of his way to do something. He was already in the fucking pilot seat and he was the pilot.

If he was the cause of the error, I would agree with you. It would just be him correcting his own mistake.

However, he saved people in immediate danger with his own skill from circumstances out of his control. That's heroic.

Mmmmmmm, no.

someone just read the fountainhead for the first time.

But he was the cause of the error.
>He
>hit
>the
>birds.