Could bees eat something different to flowers if they are hungry enough?

Could bees eat something different to flowers if they are hungry enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE8930MQ20121005
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i dont think they eat the flowers, they collect the nectar the flower produces and then eat that

Sorry I meant that.

They dont eat flowers you fucktard

Oh my god this fucking thread jesus christ. This is why I will always come back to Cred Forums.

You stupid fuck.
They don't EAT the flowers, they take the nectar and make it into honey, while pollinating the flowers and keeping all of our asses alive.
They can't "eat" anything else.

Yeah they can eat a cow in the minute dont you know?

mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE8930MQ20121005
Yeah, yeah they do "eat" other things.

Most bees have specialized into eating nectar. Their bodies are built to consume nectar, so they might be able to survive on sugar water, but we'd die in the process because they are not pollinating anything.

they take the pollin back to the hive, spit on it and this turns into honey as the saliva partially digests the pollin
then they eat that

this!
They're like the piranha's of the air!
Just be happy they're usually full on flowers man.

I see a man ate by a whole bee in 5 second

Nope.

So they are something like "cooking" the nectar, ok. I can understand that. I originally meant to say that. I know that humans for example don't eat grass, but if they're hungry they at least try to eat that. I wanted to know if they can eat something they usually don't because of desperation.
Like this.

That's nothing man, I once saw a whole village of 100+ people reduced to bones in four seconds flat by a single beehive!

True, but the honey was brilliant.

>I know that humans for example don't eat grass, but if they're hungry they at least try to eat that

What in the fuck are you rambling on about?

>sugar water

True, after the beekeeper havested the honey and thus stole their food, he feeds them sugar water for them to survive.

Well I know that in Holland during WWII people tried to eat tulip seeds although humans had never done that just in a desperate attempt to get rid of the hunger. Bees may try to eat a banana for example, which is full of sugar. Or maybe go cannibal.

Also cats. Based on that I´m pretty sure they (bees) can eat meat too.

>(bees) can eat meat too

Wasps do, and hornets do, but bees don't eat meat.