Whats the point of covering the license plate? Is it really an issue if you don't?

Whats the point of covering the license plate? Is it really an issue if you don't?

Just a bit of added privacy protection, as DMV records aren't impossible to get. That's all.

....as opposed to having the phone number and address of the person selling the car.....

Its impossible to get any personal information from anybody with their license plate. People who cover their plates are just idiots who dont know better.

>dodge neon

hey man for $500 that's a sweet deal, especially if it's the v6.

What info can you really get from the DMV? An address and phone number? You can get those things by asking the person selling the car.

i've never sold a car online.. but i always assumed people hit their license plate numbers because people online are fucking idiots.

like, the same reason every phone number on a tv show or movie is fucking 555-5555...

because people actually call that shit, if you give them a valid number...
People are sad and bored, and high....

They could, conceivably, call the cops, and give them your license plate number in relation to a robbery, or a collision... or... who the fuck knows...
but covering it, prevents that waste of time.

In many states a license plate record also has the driver license number of the registered owner(s), and with that you can get date of birth and, in many cases, social security numbers. Not likely to happen, but it can. So dude covers his license plate number.

Idk, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. ya know?

>remove license plate since you're selling the car anyway

I refuse to have license plates on my car in case anyone looks at them.

>Whats the point of covering the license plate
Fucking nothing if you're selling the car on social media where you've willingly plastered all your fuckibg personal information

a 500 dollar car? Wtf, where was this when i was 18.

Right. All you really need to doxx someone is a name as far as I know. If you got their facebook already then you're golden.

Whats the difference then of just writing down all the random plates you see while driving

Lel

in case the next person to own it doesnt want it public knowledge and that turns them off from actually buying it

being able to be naked, and high, in your home, while you come up with stupid ideas to fuck with people....?

Honestly, i'm just guessing here.

kek

cant get the carfax in advance if you dont have a plate number

Well stated.... Not only identity theft, potential vehicle theft.
If you where the nice car is from the plate. It makes it easier for a thief to steal it

It aint.