If wealth were really distributed equally amongst all human beings, how would the standard of living really look?

If wealth were really distributed equally amongst all human beings, how would the standard of living really look?

Alright..

You have Two Quarters.

There is a lazy man sitting next to you doing nothing.

You broke your back for those quarters.

Suddenly.. You lose a quarter, and that quarter you lost is in the hand of that lazy man.

You lost practically 50% of what you made.

And that stranger got half of what you got for existing.

I'm glad that this hasn't happened.

YET.

The standard of living would be exactly the same.

Pretty well. Tbh, I don't think you'd have to make it equal. Just make it less unbalanced. There's nothing wrong with the person who works more having more. The problem is people who work hard don't have shit while rich little stock investors can sit around and do jack shit but get paid, while contributing nothing to society.

woah, i got you angry without even trying, you trolled yourself

i didnt ask for moral implications i just asked a technical question: how would life look if resources currently at hand were evenly distributed (including industrial capacity, professional services, etc...)

You can't contribute to a concept.

Value is subjective.

I'd I want to give someone money to arbitrarily do holes in my yard, it is my perogative to do so.

Life would be shit.

Almost nobody would go after jobs that require high education because why bother when I can get paid the same as a doctor with little to no effort?

Nigeria.

SUPPOSE THIS ISNT AN ETHICAL DEBATE IN WHICH YOU SHOW HOW MUCH OF AN ANGRY LITTLE BILLY BOY YOU ARE BECAUSSE YOU WORK SOOOO HARD AND EVERYONE ELSE IS SOOO LAZY

CAN YOU SUPPOSE THAT FOR A SECOND??

so, implying everyone who currently works would keep working but the wealth created by all that work were distributed equally, how would life look ?

>I can get paid the same as a doctor with little to no effort?
also, brotip little ignorant boy, real professionals do it cause they like their job not for their money

;);););) you just got your ass handed to you in a platter by me enjoy

So this is b8. Got it.

>[
lolol the little kiddy little boy defeated

so nice to hear your ass tears

It would look like The Space Odessy.. a 'perfect' dystopia where everything looks perfect on the outside, but there is something missing. No one knows what or why, but there would be an eventual decline into the state where it's unnecessary to progress, since humanity achieved absolute equality.
Essentially society would become apathetic, and die off.

>society would become apathetic, and die off.
and how is the capitalistic death track multi child killing hell working?

are the billion of starving children happy because of progress?

humanity needs a bigger challenge than itself to rise to the next level. As it stands it's going to trash itself until it's a fight for survival is the next level unless we up our space game imo.

Oh, OP is a fucking commie. I should have know.

we would all be rich
so money would lose its value
and we would all be poor

We all challenge each other.

Taking that inequality away that creates the desire to be more than what we currently are is literally destroying what makes humans great.

Fuck off and die commies.

HAHAH DENYING OBJECTIVE TRUTH

CURRENT SITUATION: CAPIUTALISM TOTAL

CURRENT SITUATION OF HAPPINES

VERY MUCH DESPAIR

rGITH: ME

Any system where you reward failure and punish success will eventually fail.
If you can't understand that it's because you don't want to.

it's impossible to distribute the wealth of the planet evenly.

I live in the US and it's a welfare state. If you can't succeed in a system of max freedom the problem is you.

if there was no progress would those kids not be starving?

>be society
>live in a world where everyone is paid the same
>have a lot of leeches who'll stay at home instead of being productive
>lack of workers
>productivity low as fuck
>economy crashes

COMMUNISM IS AWESOME

Same as it is now because some people are able to manage their money, and others would fuck it up like usual

Communism isn't real communism tho, user.

>rich little stock investors can sit around and do jack shit but get paid, while contributing nothing to society.

this is bait right? u know investing is what gives companies money and allows them to grow?

if you're hating against speculators and traders who don't contribute in the same way but still make a ton of money, they're doing something that requires brainpower that most people including you cannot do..lmao if you're that good at anything you can be rich too. don't know why you didn't point out some of the more retarded situations like dumb celebrities or inheritance

i'm kekkling because he's so riled up.

i think it'd still turn out how it is right now over time if there isn't some really strict way to regulate it. idk

Well having no progress in this aspect, it would just mean that there is no advancements in science, since it assumes that everything was balanced. Therefore, everyone would get enough food, but it would just be boring. People would not eat because they didn't have food, they would just voluntarily just stop trying. Only those few in automatic would continue, but with no emotion until earth's end; that assuming humans do not move out of Earth.

if everyone had all they wanted then we could focus our pursuits on intellectual and physical achievements without worrying how to get transportation to our math class or being stuck in a crowded classroom full of asians all competing to get a better grade

okay - the premise is that somehow the cumulative wealth of all nations would be equally distributed among all people worldwide. The necessary reality would be a world market, world economy, world government. There would be no individual states or currencies.

There would be no rich and no poor. But, since everyone has to eat and have shelter and clothing, money would no longer be the driving factor in the purchase of these things. It couldn't be.

The system breaks down when it comes to health care and other specialized fields that everyone still needs, since there would be no incentive for anyone to put in the work and hours to become a professional in any skilled or technical field.

This is the Star Trek dilemma: when money is removed from the equation, everyone works only to improve themselves. That is the end product they try to sell you, but getting there is a real problem. The majority of people work because they have to, not because they want to. This is because people are naturally lazy and selfish.

It wouldn't work. It would simply break down.

>Wealth distributed equally
>Communism

The process of trying to re-distribute wealth destroys the process of new wealth generation.

>rich little stock investors can sit around and do jack shit but get paid

1. stock investors can and do lose money.

2. if stock investors can do jack shit but get paid, then why don't people who work hard just put all their money into stock investments?

This, i dont deal with stupid costumers on the phone just to give away my money to faggots who vote for trump or retards who think human sciences are a good career

Uhm.. In Cuba Taxi drivers make the same amount of money as a doctor. Here is your answer
Note: Cuba is one of the happiest countries in the world.

Robotics will replace most to all employment so what then?

We would still feel a need to make more humans though, so a fall may not occur.

The question is about how resources should be used, and who should get to decide what a good use is. None of you will ever make such decisions.

Alright..

You have Four Quarters.

There is a lazy man sitting next to you doing nothing.

And there is a scary man watching over the lazy man with a nasty choppa of some sort.

You broke your back for those quarters.

Suddenly.. You lose two quarter, and those quarters you lost are in the hand of that lazy man.

You lost practically 50% of what you made.

And that stranger got half of what you got for existing.

but here's the kicker, the nasty dude with the choppa....yeah that dude. Well he's beating both you and the lazy dude with its choppa and take all the quarters.

Now usually you would have some law enforcement stopping the scary dude....BUT, since they are paid the same amount of quarter as anybody else, its not really worth risking his life for a few quarters....

And the doctor who's treating your injury is also lazy as fuck because all his study and money spent studying is only worth crap now since he has the same salary as the lazy unemployed fuck....so you get sick due to his lazyness....

so either way, if a society like that exist without something to old it together....it will devolve into a sort of bartertown....AND WHO RULE BARTERTOWN!?!

MASTER BLASTER RULE BARTERTOWN!?!

It would look like communism