Been prescibed 4 bars (8mg) of xanax a day for 4 years. What will withdrawal be like, I've decided to get clean

been prescibed 4 bars (8mg) of xanax a day for 4 years. What will withdrawal be like, I've decided to get clean.

Also, benzo general

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hell (like having seizures, potentially die hell). No joke! Gradually taper down or go to a medically supervised detox.

The chances of dying from a dose that high for that long is high.

Hello seizures.. Good luck.

Xanax isn't horrible from what I've seen. If you have anxiety it will probably be really bad for several days, may have trouble sleeping for a bit. Maybe some muscle aches, sweating, shaking, and other stuff like that

Fuck dude. Why so much???. Ive been .50 a day for 6 years. 8 mg a day? How do you function? And its not gonna be your regular aches and pains withdrawel. You gonna go thru hell unless you taper off or go througj detox. Unless your some super badass that can takenthat shit. Good luck op

so wrong, do some research or actually go through it

What were you prescribed for?

smfh and my doctor acts like .5mg 3 times a day is the highest dose a person should be one. Had to fight to get him to increase the dose to 1MG.

Like, hello, I drink 20 beers a day, I'm not a pussy.

can xanax come up in drug tests?

yeah, i plan to taper to 2mg then check into detox

Hahahahahaha. user u sick fucker

You're not a pussy. You are just a complete idiot...

Your brain is still gonna hate you. And your heart. And your back. Vision. Sleep. Muscles. Gl user

my hands shake as if I a constantly on crack. A neurologist prescribed a high dose to stop the shaking, but I' starting to have a bad reaction to the xanax now and need to get off asap

If you do hella xans you're gonna fry your brain and get depressed and shit

Years ago I was on 8mg a day for about a month. (Had increased my dose over and above my script amount.)

Doctor was cool about it when I told him. He had me reduce to 6mg right away. I didn't notice anything from that reduction.

I continued to taper, very slowly. It took a couple of months, but I didn't have any significant withdrawal effects.

Slow is the way to go...

What reaction

What fucked up shit do you guys do to get this cancerous shit perscribed?

Glad i live in Norway where doctors arent proffesional murderers. . .

more pronounced thoughts of killing myself

you can say pretty much anything. they're more worried about selling you pills than an improper diagnosis

I'm tryna get sum Danny tonight but my nigga being a nigger. Xan withdrawal is pussy shit also, you'll just second guess everything you do is all

xanax withdrawls are the worst kind. Cut down to at least 2 a day over a small incrumental period say -30 mg a day or .2g less day

Benzo WDs apparently, manifesting from just being on it so long. The only options are increase dosage or get off and doc is making me get off

I take responsibility for my part but it sucks my doc prescribed so much and expects me to get off, as if he doesn't think it will be so hard

Hm. Sadly i know what you mean. Couple days your fine. Boom youre at work. Bored. Thinking about stuff too much and just quickly make a scenario which you can legitly off yourself and it seems like a good reason and 5 minutes later your back to the grind/reality. I get that. Not a lot but i do. Srsly good luck getting rid of the pointless pill.

you're a fucking moron, never give anyone medical advice again

you fucking moron

MORON

Did you tell your doctor that you drink 20 beers a day? I wouldn't

Damn, Thats fucked up...
Like i understand people get perscribed stuff.
Is it really worth doing xanax for that length and dosage? Hell id just smoke some weed and pop a Forte

I have a friend who's been through heroin/methadone WDs and benzo WDs. He seems convinced benzo WDs can be worse

he should be tapering you down or finding a longer acting benzo to help you taper down, there are ones that have like a day and a half half life, do not quit cold turkey, you will be in an actual hell

if your doc doesn't help you taper down, find one that will, if your symptoms get too bad go to the ER and they'll help you find a doc or get into a clinic to help, might be necessary

where the fuck do you live that someone put you on 8mg a day holy god damn

Naw your dumb, been hard on xans lately, snorting 1 1/2 10mg a night and stopped literally my anxiety just showed up nothing bad has happened other than hating life, not same gagging either just people are different with everything

why in the fuck would you need to take that much xanax every day

what the fuck is wrong with you?

Klonopin is the longest-acting of all the benzos.

This is some stale pasta you've got here OP

Really? Klonopin was my first pill, was legit

No it's fucking not, it's barely medium acting.

Librium, tranxene and valium are among the three longest acting.

Ativan and klonopin are barely medium acting.

Yeah, Klonopin is quite slow to hit (like 45 minutes), but it hangs around for hours.

Much more reasonable drug than fucking Xanax!

I have a movement disorder (shaking muscles) it treated

I DO NOT envy you!! I've withdrawn from opiates, and alcohol after heavy use for many years. but in my personal opinoin xanax is probably the absolute worse EVER for me!! Play it smart ween down slowly DO NOT go cold turkey... Best of luck and congrats on being clean..

btw I'm back on both a steady flow of xanax and 7.5 Norcos.. Just another Dr. made Junky here..

I stand corrected. Just looked at a wikipedia page with elimination half-life times.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

Yeah man if you don't ween off it it you could seriously fuck yourself up. People who usually take them for a few weeks and quit get sick as fuck.

yes

I'm in the same position, just that I've taking a different benzo and that's 60 2m klonopin for a year now. I am afraid of the withdraw. I was thinking that because the two drugs work on the same receptors as alcohol, maybe I should start there. Oh and pic. You're gonna be sweating a lot too.

>60 2m klonopin

???

oh 60, 2mg of Klonopen a month. I take it sparingly, but I hear you can still build a tolerance and go through withdraws; I've through alcohol detx before, but this benzo withdrawal sounds like hell!

Gotcha.

Depending on how sparingly you take it, you might be able just to stop.

But as long as you have a supply to taper with, no reason not to be cautious, and put yourself on a slow taper schedule.

Try not to take that much, I've been taking pills for 10 years of my life and I'm only 15, I can bearly have a normal Conversation with someone anymore

2mg/klonopin/day for 1 year now.

+about 2L of whisky/week

y live otherwise? :)