If GOD created man in his own image, why did he give them navels?

If GOD created man in his own image, why did he give them navels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtjFsQBuJWw
nature.com/nature/journal/v459/n7244/full/nature08013.html
ditext.com/mackie/evil.html
plato.stanford.edu/entries/atheism-agnosticism/#1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In his own image means Adam and Eve have souls and are eternal. Not empty fleshbags like the rest of the animals.
God doesn't have any body at that point in the story.

to gaze at

Because that's a poloroid from Genesis..

Pretty sure it's apples though scholars say pomegranates.

God doesn't have a body at any point in the bible. Before the bible was composed we see images of Yahweh in the form of a bearded man in Canaanite culture.

>2016
>believing in god

kekkles

Renaissance fanart painters didn't read the source material very closely.

The bible never specified, definitely not apples though

Don't even try, it's a waste of effort attempting to explain philosophical meanings behind biblical tales, the current (((athiest))) meme pushed by the Jew will eventually pass and normality will return, in time.

fedorable

>God doesn't have any body at that point in the story.

Then it's just a story.
Thanks.

Even the Catholic Church is fine with a non-literal interpretation of Genesis, of course it's just a story

Damn i'm so glad you finally ended the argument between Christians and atheists by providing solid evidence of an actual photograph and totally not a painting someone did in the renaissance. A+ effort you nigger cuck

Because it's usually an artist's rendition of what their idea of Adam & Eve was at the time. And most artists of the period and place such as the one in the OP were OCD aspies that thought it looked weird if they didn't have navels.

Also, nice bait, cunt.

Not a believer. BUT how the hell is a painting from the Renaissance any kind of argument because it shows bellybuttons?

Everyone knows Yaldabloath is the creator god.

you know those are paintings, artists interpretations of said thing.

whether or not i believe in any ideology is another story, pointing to the belly button on century old paintings is more on the artist than on the religion itself

>BUT how the hell is a painting from the Renaissance any kind of argument because it shows bellybuttons?

Like the bible is proof? Same thing.

Proof of what?

Because it is poorly thought out fiction? Plus the bible never says they had them. A better question would be why did god punish them for eating form the tree of knowledge of good and evil if they could not understand the difference between right and wrong until after they ate it?

>Artistic interpretation
>god created man in his image
>we are descendants of Adam and Eve.
>we have navels
>they have navels
>God has a navel.

>using a secondary source as proof of a concept
>using an artists rendition as a proof of concept
I don't believe, but come on, you're not even trying.
Hold on while I draw you a picture of sperm on your lips as proof that you sucked my dick just now.

It's just a story bro. Relax

I don't think it's literal. It doesn't say with detail, what this means. And it's all bad translation for the most part. Contradictions in the bible, better point.

Who says they couldn't? Anyway, it's an allegory illustrating that even when we are in paradise we are not satisfied, we will ruin a perfect world with selfishness instead of accepting things as they are

U sound like a very uncool person

God physically wrestled with Jacob. How can you say he didn't have a body?

Why would you assume they could only understand right and wrong after they ate it?

IT doesn't matter anyway, God clearly told those cunts to not fucking eat the fruit.

It was the Tree of Knowledge. Not the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil??

Read the Bible you cretin.

It was all a dream

Jacob used to read word up magazine

Same thing

>it's just a story
You cracked the code, maybe it was a collection of stories to create discussions as well as give meaning to the random events that happen in the world while also giving the disenfranchised and scared something to believe in. Good thing you were here to just tell me that it's all stories though.

are u fucin stupid guys or what. its a painting human made.

Relax, Satan.

Im pretty sure in the documentary 'the book of Eli'
we find out the bible is nothing but crowd control on steroids.

Because he doesn't created them by clapping hands but giving them birth with his giant assgina.

He got me :D

All who curse their father or mother must be >Read the Bible you cretin.

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9

The bible is a horror story

The bible says they couldn't. The tree of knowledge of good and evil was where they gained an understanding of the difference between right and wrong so I would be unethical for god to punish them.

are u fucin stupid guys or what. its a painting human made

So was the bible

God words are what u call "6th sense, intuition, genius idea"

And everything in the Bible is a story, also human made.

No wait! It says in the Bible that god wrote it! Checkmate!

No..

Learn english faggot. You're giving heathens a bad name.

Because a fetus needed to be fed nutrients.

Right and they would not understand that it was wrong to disobey god until after they ate it. That is why they tried to hid from god after eating it. If you read genesis from start to finish it is pretty clearly spelled out.

>Because a fetus needed to be fed nutrients

When was god a fetus?

I'm joining. And dumping all
Of my money. On this napkin.

God didn't paint that.

Or did he?!

>God didn't paint that

God didn't write the bible either, regardless of what you say about 'inspiration '

I believe you are confusing a painting with a photograph again. Get back on the meds man.

"[...] in his image." It doesn't say exact replica.

I can hand draw a picture of you. It will be in your image, but it doesn't mean that it will be exactly like you.

>Baiting this hard

Im going to take the bait and answer

Painters of that period made mistakes.

Top kek

>I'm joining. And dumping all. On this napkin

That's why the napkin religion is for

Only catholics can claim inspiration because the church is who assembled the canon by vote 15 generations after jesus died.

>in his image." It doesn't say exact replica. I can hand draw a picture of you. It will be in your image, but it doesn't mean that it will be exactly like you.

Were you created by god?
Do you have a navel?
Check and mate.

YOU TELL ME THERE IS NO G-D

Made me chuckle

Well, the soul, or mind was created by god. And I certainly think I'm a god. So check-and-mate.

Not true. Early Christian communities decided canon which was only formalized by later councils.

GOD LOST HIS LEGS TO DIABETES TOO?

Yeah except you made up that part about the tree teaching them right and wrong

>In his own image means Adam and Eve have souls and are eternal

And your proof of this is what? Is it true because you say so?

Maybe someone gave birth to God?

*going to lose his legs

That is more accurate.

Coz it's artistic vision of scene from Bible. Anyway let's assume the God really created man and women. Why don't create them with navels already? He is God after all, he shouldn't give a damn.

Yanic Perreault

Because god has a naval duh

it is a painting you dumb ass

>Maybe someone gave birth to God?
God's ghost fucked a virgin who pooped out JESUS, so anything's possible.

/Thread

>doesn't know about vaginas yet

Probably be dates.

>Because god has a naval duh

What happened to God's placenta?

Yanic Perreault ate it

There were dozen of books that were taken out by the counsels. What justification do you have for not believing in Lilith or Jesus killing someone when he was a kid?

Please go read something other than king james or just go google it

Those books were written then way later than the canonical gospels, which is why early Christian communities tended to ignore them. Why do you think fringe sects following books written centuries after Jesus died should decide canon?

It's almost like you're unable to back up your claims

>Jesus killing someone when he was a kid
A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13

God is a murderer, why not his son?

Atheist here. If this is the reason you don't believe in god you are retarded. there are millions of good reason not to believe in a god/gods but the navel is not one of them. the main one should of coarse be the lack of any evidence (hur-dur the bible /drool)

Why do they have any of their organs? God wouldn't have any more reason for having a butt hole then he would for having a bellybutton.

dude thats not how it works, you dont need a reason to not believe, you need a reason to believe.

The original point is still valid. We also don't know HOW he created man either. Man may very well be the byproduct of genetic tampering. As we see when Eve is created from one of Adam's ribs. Replicating most of his genetic information. Also, we have to keep in mind that not all traits are always passed on to offspring.

And, you're basing your entire assumption off of an image created by a painter tens of thousands of years after the existence of Adam or Eve. The likelihood that the painting even has their skin color, size or shape is highly unlikely.

Why does Adam have pubes but Eve doesn't? Was he a chi-mo?

adam and eve are a present from the astronauts, to the assirian people, they use they genes to create a better breed of human being.
see ya

>main reason should be a lack of evidence
>LACK OF EVIDENCE
do you even lift Cred Forumsruh

i can clearly see eve and adam at the begining

good one user

trying this hard.

more than you do apparently, since you are the one assuming that the obvious bait OP posted was hes "main reason" for not believing in a god.

>And, you're basing your entire assumption off of an image created by a painter tens of thousands of years after the existence of Adam or Eve. The likelihood that the painting even has their skin color, size or shape is highly unlikely.

And you base your belief on a book written by men hundreds of years after the event

You could say that about most things in Christianity

oh fedora.

fedorable.

well played sir, well played indeed

>I can't defend my beliefs
>I know, I will just use tired insults
kys

Keked

Hello?

Hello?

There's no one there.

Lilith, part of genesis was written centuries after Jesus died?

Again, you're assuming. For all intents and purposes I may just be playing devil's advocate to see try to prove the unprovable. Don't fret about it.

[...] to see you try to prove the unprovable.*

For Adam, that's where God removed his rib from to create Eve. For Eve, that's where he inserted the rib. Checkmate atheist faggots

/thread

im agnostic,and really dont care for religion its mostly bullshit.and dont mind for religion cuck or non beliver cuks.my trouble is with fanatics.

I gave you a source. Any bible other than King James. Go read it.

>If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.
>All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense.
>Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.

Well, these laws were considered as normal in ancient times. Almost every crime was punished by death in the countries of The Fertile Crescent back then. Read The Code of Hammurabi for instance. What this has to do with god? Now even kharedim consider them as outdated.
Also Tanah is only half of religious tradition. Aside from the written Torah there is oral Torah. Old Testament is nothing without Talmud. You just cannot give as quotes from Tanah out of context and without commentaries on it (use Rashi, he's the best)

yeah me to live and let live

To be fair he zombied the kid right after

DUDE...SERIOUSLY MAN.

I see that last couple of stages of man being created from dirt.

The rest of the verse is "they must surely be put to death for they have done what is detestable in the eyes of the lord." The bible presents it as divine decree. If you want to say that part of the bible is a lie want not say all of it?

A better question:

If god created Adam and had no interest in making Eve until after he saw Adam wandering along all and thought, oh that guy looks lonely (Then God said, ‘It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him’ - Gen. 2:18-24), then why did he ive Adam reprductive organs in the first place?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtjFsQBuJWw

Actually all laws back then were attributed to god or gods.

This is explained in the apocryphal texts. He was humping animals. Not a joke.

So they can procreate???

So you are saying the bible is a product of its time and culture and not divinity inspired?

There is a story that adam's first wife (lilith) ate from the fruit before it was forbidden and saw Adam fucking the animals and refused to lay with him because she was disgusted.

All of the part are there but that's not quite right. Lilith was created because god saw that Adam was not happy with the animals. Adam rejected Lilith because she wanted to be on top.

Psalms 137:8-9 Prayer/song of vengeance “0 daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

2 Kings 6:28-29 “And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.”

And Greedo shot first

Guess Adam ain't no bottom bitch boi

FUCK YOU. HAN SHOT FIRST. Also, George Lucas is a complete troll. Despite starting that controversey himself, he can be seen at times wearing a shirt that says "Han shot first"

More importantly, why did he give men nipples.

Scientists have some theories, but even they haven't totally figured it out.

WHAT? IT'S PRETTY CLEAR HAN SHOOTS FIRST.

>Kings 6:28-29 “And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.”

Cannibalism in the bible. Eat the body of Christ! it's delicious

YEAH THAT'S WHAT I SAID. GEORGE LUCAS MADE THE CHANGE SO THAT GREEDO SHOT FIRST IN A SPECIAL EDITION. MY POINT IS THAT HE'S A TROLL

SO WOMEN CAN SUCK THEM YOU DUMB FUCK.

NO HORSE IN THIS RACE BUT WHY DID WE EVOLVE TO ONLY BREATHE ON LAND WHEN WATER IS 70% OF THIS EARTH? EVOLUTION SEEMS PRETTY SCREWY TOO.

OUR FLIGHT FROMTHE SEA IS HJUST FUCKING STUPID AND GOING BACKWARDS IMO. TRUE EVOLUTION WOULD MEAN WE CAN BREATH BOTH AIR AND WATER YET WE LOSE THAT APPARATUS TO GO ON LAND???? WHICH MOST IN UNINHABITABLE?

OK....SCIENCE

Yeah, they've absolutely figured it out. The Y chromosome changes don't take effect until after things like the nipples and the perineum forms, meaning men have nipples and a crease on their taunts.

OR JUST A DUMB LUCKY FUCK.

Personally, I think Lucas was out to destroy himself. Just look at those prequels

We can extract much more oxygen from the air than we can water. Even if we had gills we still would get enough oxygen to maintain our current body functions.

Christianity is based on faith, meaning that belief is based around no logic or evidence. No one gives a shit about your "deep" shower thoughts about christianity, and they're sick of hearing shit like this about as much as they are listening to evangelical drivvel.

It's so fucking hard being an athiest since you fedora faggots starting coming out. Go back to your containment site, reddit, and shitpost there.

SO WE LEFT THE SEA TO PROCESS MORE OXYGEN? WHY? LET ME GUESS- OUR BRAINS AND INTELLIGENCE? BUT BUT BUT...DOLPHINS HAVE MUH INTELLIGENCE.

LOL. DUDE, EVOLUTION IS JUST AS FUCKED AS RELIGION.

Awwww are you guys still talking about this

GOOD THEORY ..OR THE PRODUCER WHO DIDN'T TAKE CREDIT AND IS "BEHIND" THE SCENES IS THE BRAINS BEHIND THE FIRST THREE AND NOT IDIOT LUCAS

Yes and to add to this, if we'd kept both the ability to breathe in water and the ability to breathe in air, we'd consume more energy just to maintain those abilities than necessary. Evolution cuts out the unecessary eventually.

God knew adam and eve would have babies and to make sure they wouldn't be in shock after the baby was born and they see his belly button, God gave adam and eve a belly button

agnostic here.. i never really thought about it that way

interesting

I've heard it was good old 'nanners

At the time there were no predators on land but there were plants already that they could eat and having organs that would allow them to breath under water would require additional calories so it would be a disadvantage if they no longer needed them.

nigga are you dumb?
That isn't a picture of Adam and eve ,that doesnt reflect what they might have looked like

>>I can't defend my beliefs
>>I know, I will just use tired insults
>kys

>I can't defend my beliefs
>I know, I will just use tired insults

-every atheist ever

In a crashing plane there are no athiests

SO WE SURVIVED ON PLANTS? MOST WHICH ARE INEDIBLE AND A LOT WHICH ARE DOWN RIGHT POISONOUS? MORE SO "BACK THEN" THAN NOW.

OK.MAKES SENSE.

The crease is a proto vaj that seals shut and the clit grow and poof! Man

sure there are, they are called pilots.

NOPE...BUT USUALLY A FEW MUSLIMS.

in a perfect world there are no theists

Look at ewalks? Not sure how to spell that. He was on the verge of jumping the shark right before the first three ended then he had 25 years to stew in his madness then, e1

If God is all-knowing, how come he didn't realise that Adam would be lonely until after he created him?

Yeah ROTJ is largely regarded as being the lowest point of the OT, especially when you look at things like dialogue and such. It was the beginning of the end.

I've looked into that. The word image in older translation means physical appearance so it does not work to say it was a metaphor.

Tell that to Christopher Hitchens

Can you source me up on that? I'd like to look into it as well

Almost took it, I almost took the bait, well played user.

your argument is chidlish and silly.
And stop being a faggot born again atheist, i can't stand you, you are fucking worse than religious people.

What? you think you are smart and original for figuring out you dont believe in god?

G9 b9 m9 but plants would have been very unlikely to have been poisonous. If they had nothing eating them that needed to be poisoned there would be no pressures making the poison ones have a higher survival rate.

cuz god is nigger

>God is a murderer, why not his son?

according to the bible, god killed scores more than the devil.

probably a troll but eating the fruit was basically opening Pandora's box, except eve had no concept of evil before she opened it

also this proves Adam & Eve weren't black.

seriously, have you ever tried to take a rib from a black man?

SO BASICALLY WE MULLED AROUND FOR BILLION YEARS EATING PLANTS AND FROM ONE SLUG BECAME MANY INCLUDING FOOD AND PREDATORS FROM US? SO WE "EVOLVED" AND "DIVERSIFIED" TO NOT ONLY BECOME OUR PREY BUT ALSO OUR PREDATORS?

MIND FUCKING BLOWN.

I'M JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND DAMMIT.

/THREAD

DON'T FORGET TO TIP YOUR WAITERS.

This. This is why I love christfags.
No matter if you believe or not, they've got an answer for just about everything.

AS OPPOSED TO EVOLUTIONIST?

CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW THE "PRIMORDIAL SOUP" CONTAINS DNA OR EVEN PROTEIN FRAGMENTS ?

1) Navels are not different between male and female
2) We don't have paintings of Adam and Eve
3) You're an idiot
4) I got trolled

>2) We don't have paintings of Adam and Eve
What I meant was, the real Adam and Eve, nobody knows what they looked like

but if he used the rib to create Eve, then how could there be an insertion point? the rib was the starting point of her being, right?

There is only one true God. Praise the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Oversight by the painter.

God is like Santa Clause, "be good for goodness sake" "he sees you when youre sleeping, knows when you're awake". It's a way for parents to put forth less effort to controll unruly kids... and we stop believing that shit at a young age. Keks to adults still believing in religion. Religion was created so that you'll keep your own behavior in check so that people in power will have to expend less resources to do so.

does this mean that Chef Boyardee is actually jesus?

God made them with a navel that fact that they didn't need it is irrelevant. It's God he/she/xim/xer/it can do what ever the fuck he/she/xim/xer wants

HOW DOES THIS MAKE ANY MORE SENSE:

IN SOME WATER AMINO ACIDS FORMED RNA FRAGMENTS .

YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT TWO AMINO ACIDS "SPONTANEOUSLY" FORMED IN WATER..IN FUCKING WATER,THE SUBSTANCE THAT BREAKS AMINO ACID CHAINS

Space is littered with organic matter.

Sun Kwok, Yong Zhang. Mixed aromatic–aliphatic organic nanoparticles as carriers of unidentified infrared emission features. Nature, 2011; DOI: 10.1038/nature10542

POINT BEING?

WE DIDN'T EVOLVE IN SPACE IDIOT. WE EVOLVED IN WATER FUCK FACE. EVEN IF YOU ARE SAYING THE ORGANIC MATERIAL "FELL FROM SPACE" (AND YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID) IT WOULD NOT FORM INTO RNA IN WATER.

Consider a lot of high-energy interactions happening on earth over a long period of time. Before life existed, earth would have been in a volatile state that would facilitate said reactions. Simple molecules formed and separated and formed again, slowly becoming more and more complex and reproducible, until they finally formed the first self-replicating molecules.

That's a very under developed view of religion. Religion offers a lot more benefits both for population control and for economic worth as well as knowledge. To dismiss is as:
>Hurr Religion was created so that you'll keep your own behaviour in check so that people in power will have to expend less resources to do so.
Is very limited and hardly the total truth.

nature.com/nature/journal/v459/n7244/full/nature08013.html

Stop typing and start reading

I can't find what I'm looking for but the Hebrew word selem (image) necessarily incorporates physical and spirit because ancient Hebrews did not have a concept of a differentiation between the two. If you look up selem you should be able to find something.

it's called a belly button you plebian

Pastafarian?

(Pic not me. Still in the closet, I don't wear my colander in public)

MILLER-UREY EXPERIMENTS OF THIS HAVE BEEN DISCREDITED IN THE 1970'S YOU DUMB FUCK.

WHEN WE WERE "CREATED" BY THIS PRIMORDIAL SOUP THE ATMOSPHERE WAS PROVEN TO BE VOLCANIC IN ORIGIN AND NOTHING LIKE THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE REQUIRING WHAT YOU SAID YOU DUMB FUCK.

THERE WAS NOTHING IN THE EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE THAT CREATED YOUR "MAGIC" DUMMY.

YOU NEED A NEW FEDORA,

A score is 20. God literally kills millions. Satan kills ~10-60 depending on who you blame the deaths in Job on

ANY FUCKING IDIOT CAN POST A LINK...AND ANY IDIOT JUST DID.

YOU EXPLAIN IT TOME IN SIMPLE ENGLISH DUMB FUCK.

Not part of Genesis but thanks for playing

IT WAS CLEARLY GOD WHO ALLOWED IT.

EVEN IF THE DEVIL DID DO IT FOR SOME STRANGE REASON GOD ALLOWED A DECADE OF TORMENT...JUST CUZ...AND THAT'S WHOM GOD LOVED..IMAGINE WHAT HE DOES TO THE PEOPLE HE HATES...OH I KNOW...HE MAKES THEM LONELY AND PUTS THEM ON Cred Forums.

Actually plants evolved from apes not monkeys

ok 4 u i will
Thoze guys did it in a weyy dday fittz wif rna werld hypotisiz u dig?

>I'm a 15 year old edgy Atheist who's experience in life is limited to Pokemon Go, but let me tell you exactly why all these great philosophers and scientists are complete idiots, even though I have barely done any research of reading myself on the matter, other than watching some pretentious pop-scientists call Theists names on Youtube

Even when I was a kid, I never arrogantly claimed to understand the world, I was realistic about my limited knowledge and experience, which lead me to read, listen, and discuss these issues more.

But these kids on Cred Forums? They got it all figured out maaaan! Yeah maaan! We be smart! We be postin dem memes!

Galileo? Pascal? Newton? PFFFT! They're just morons!

The guy who came up with the big bang theory? Big Bang? that's like, not God, it's like, explosion and particles and shit, and like, Atheists sometime talk about it! Sounds cool man! I bet the guy who came up with it is soo smart! They even made TV show about it, and it has nerds, nerds are all atheists, because nerds are smart, and atheists are smarts, you see? I do, it's just logical man! What's logic? Logic is what says that God does not exist bro! Do you even smart bro?

Wait what? A Catholic priest came up with the standard big bang model? BOOO! I bet the big bang theory is bullshit anyway, I mean, it doesn't make sense, nobody who believes in God could every say anything smart! *Quick 10 second Google search about someone saying Big Bang is crap, click first link, come back to thread*, SEE I TOLD YOU! Yeah I did research bro! Do I look like a silly Theist to you? I care about the truth, I don't just look for things to validate my already established views! LERN 2 SCIENCE BRUH

Yeah! I'm using logic and reasoning because I care about the truth so much! Woooo I'm smart, we're all smart, let's circle jerk together and talk about how stupid Theists are! Yeah! SPAGHETTI MONSTER LOL, Theists are soo stooopid xDDD

Short hairy Africans I would suspect

TYPICAL ATHEIST.

THIS IS WHY RELIGION AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE ANY TIME SOON. YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT CHRISTIANS...BUT DON'T SEE WHAT'S COMING. WAIT UNTIL YOU GET A LOAD OF WHAT WILL BE THE DOMINANT RELIGION IN 10-20 YEARS.

SHHH...DON'T MENTION Nicolò Arrighetti OR ROGER BACON.......THEIR FEDORAS WILL EXPLODE

I the spaghetti monster created us who its drained it excess water off in a colander? Check mate.

ALLAHU SNACKBAR!

> D'arrrrrr I'm a big douchebag that doesn't understand fallacious arguments from authority!

And those guys like Galileo and Pascal and Newton you mentioned dismissed an awful lot of religious beliefs (other people's) without justification; they were just as stupid as the stupid teen atheists you're making fun of.

WE HAVE A BINGO!!!!

>God created matter and space
>Flying Spaghetti Monster is a physical being in space
>Therefore matter and space already exist
>Logical contradiction

But it's ok, I didn't expect you to know how to use your brain

Why is anyone taking a book written by goat herders seriously in the first place? It's all bullshit, people.

THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST RETARDED STATEMENT I HAVE EVER HEAD. EVER!!!

CONGRATS TO YOUR MOM AND HER HOME SCHOOLING. SHE CREATED A JANITOR FOR LIFE.

PRETTY SMART GOAT HERDERS HUH?

did the drained water create the great flood?

I didn't say we should believe in God because Newton did, but rather I was pointing out how some Atheists, especially young kids on Cred Forums, consider Theism to be so stupid to the point that no rational person could possibly believe it to be true, even though the reality is very different.

>But it's ok, I didn't expect you to know how to use your brain

God gave us brains so we can come to the understanding that he doesn't exist.

No, just your run of the mill, BC goat herders: completely uneducated, full of exaggerations, always trying to one-up everyone else.

Which part?

Attached to genesis but that's irrelevant. The point is it was part of the Hebrew traditional long before jesus was born.

>1
These rules were meant for the Israelites only

>2
God doesn't do nothing, you're just such a simpleton and self centered fool that you think God has to move the desk in your room around for your entertainment

>3
These miracles were recorded, have you ever read the historical documents that make up what we know as The Bible? Also, miracles still happen today, and they are even recorded on video. You can see thousands of people being healed, and hear the testimonies of how they got saved, from all over the world, from different circumstances, and all of it is on Youtube if you really ever cared to find out.

>4
God spoke to people all the time in the Bible, and still does today

But it's ok, I didn't expect you to do any research about any of this.

No atheists say that rational people can't believe in God. They say that believers are being irrational to the extent they believe in God when they have no reason to.

Take Pascal. His own wager is self-defeating in that it ignores the possibility of a pantheon of Gods that punish monotheists harder than they punish regular atheists. He was irrational in as much as his beliefs were, but that's obviously not going to be true of everything he thought. No atheist would suggest such a thing.

Haha look at these faggots

Like house said. if you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people. people like to believe what they like. if the truth is scary or boring. they believe lies instead.
if they gave their religion any thought, the only conclusion would be that it is bullshit. "all those religions are nonsense, but not mine. I got the right one, MY religion is the rational and sensible one. not all the other ones."

I was raised catholic, then I got smart enough to think about it. I thought, if god loves all humans, and wants all humans to be christian, then why did he send ONE single guy to convert everyone. at a time when there were no phone or email. hundreds of years before half the populated world was even known to exist. either god is bullshit, or he really hates the chinese. those poor guys for the centuries before marco polo had no chance to be christian

They have plenty of reason to believe in God, and many of them have personal undeniable proof of that by the witness of the Holy Spirit. When talking to others about it though, they have to provide evidence.

The reality of the situation is that there is actually no good reason to think that Atheism is true, it has no explanatory power for the existence of the universe or life, flies in the face of all the evidence we have today as well as common sense and our experiences in morality and ethics in life, but also there is no evidence to support the claim "God does not exist", other than baseless attacks on Theism.

Have you ever noticed that Atheists always argue for Atheism by attacking Theism, while Theists always have to defend themselves and provide positive evidence, as if Atheism somehow doesn't have the burden of proof as well, being a claim to knowledge just as much as Theism is?

>Like house said
Stopped reading right there

You're nuts dude lol everyone knows the big bang was thought up by a theist. No one cares who the idea came from people care about the evidence for it. Darwin was a Christian too. So was Jeffrey Dammer whats does it matter?

What I meant in the first sentence there was that we can all have proof of God's existence by experiencing him supernaturally, but we cannot use that as an argument for others, unless we pray for them and they experience it as well (or get healed) which does actually happen

Fucking triangles.

I'm just making fun of edgy teenage Atheists by showing how silly and messed up their reasoning is, because the arguments I've heard from some Atheists are so silly and easily refutable but they tell you "Yep, that's why I stopped believing" and I'm like "Really...?"

They didn't even care to do a 2 second Google search on the philosophical issue they were having, but just decided on the spot that God does not exist, answering the biggest questions of life just like that.

That. Is. Stupid.

more importantly,WHO TOOK THIS PICTURE IF ADAM AND EVE WERE THE ONLY HUMANS BY THEN

>Implying i'm an (((atheist)))

I can't prove if God exists or not. But I'm absolute sure that if something is behind life it doesn't care if we masturbate or we eat pork.

It doesn't matter dude because you're talking too much shit for people to actually be bothered reading and replying anyways.
I'm merely replying as a community service to allow you to not sit here, eagerly refreshing, waiting for a response.

>as if Atheism somehow doesn't have the burden of proof as well, being a claim to knowledge just as much as Theism is?

Atheists don't claim to know God doesn't exist, at least in that they don't claim it's impossible for them to be wrong. You're employing a straw man characterization of Atheism. On the other hand, religious believers who believe in one God to the exclusion of all others are closer to doing what you accuse Atheists of.

>The reality of the situation is that there is actually no good reason to think that Atheism is true,

Well, the point is there's no good reason to think God is real. That's what atheists say. And the Problem of Evil is a cogent argument that the "omni-property" God hypothesized by Christians, Jews, and Muslims probably doesn't exist.

ditext.com/mackie/evil.html

> flies in the face of all the evidence we have today as well as common sense and our experiences in morality and ethics in life

This is false, and anyway, morality doesn't depend on God's existence to get off the ground. Google the "euthyphro dilemma"

I went a bit crazy in that one post, I admit, and I apologize. I'm not exactly a mature Christian myself (not that I'm excusing my behavior in any way)

I wasn't planning on refreshing anyway, I have other things to do, laters

Newton was smart but not rational. He was an alchemist

Idiot OP, we were created from walking man apes and spliced with aliens to create the most perfect and obedient slave. Didn't you read "The Twelfth Planet"?

>These rules were meant for the Israelites only

well the whole world isn't run by the israelites, so why should rules 'meant for them' apply to the rest of us?

>God doesn't do nothing, you're just such a simpleton and self centered fool that you think God has to move the desk in your room around for your entertainment

If i was a simpleton, then i could take the nonsense and inconsistencies the bible spews out and accept it as fact. To ridicule someone for asking 'why' means you do not have the answer, or you are afraid the truth with expose what you vehemently believe in to be false

>These miracles were recorded, have you ever read the historical documents that make up what we know as The Bible? Also, miracles still happen today, and they are even recorded on video. You can see thousands of people being healed, and hear the testimonies of how they got saved, from all over the world, from different circumstances, and all of it is on Youtube if you really ever cared to find out.

most of these people "who got saved" became "born again" because they've fucked up their lives so badly that there wouldn't be any way 'god' would accept them because they broke so many of the bible's rules (yet didn't instantly punish them for doing so, something he seemingly did without hesitation in biblical times)

>God spoke to people all the time in the Bible, and still does today
>But it's ok, I didn't expect you to do any research about any of this.

why not speak to everyone at once? surely a being of omnipotent power could do that and make sure we are all on the same page, i mean how many flavors of christianity and catholicism are there because people interpreted the bible so differently? does he not care that people that believe in him fight over which way to praise him is 'right'?

The Bible never says anything about navels.

Take that up with the artist who depicted them with Navels.

>Please
in his image can mean a lot of things. not just physical.

The word used in Hebrew most likely meant literal.

OK I'll reply to this only, last one, I promise... dang it

>First point
Yes they do, the very word Atheism is to say that "God does NOT exist", being the opposite of Theism. The only position that doesn't have a claim to knowledge is Agnosticism (Although it could, if you say "We can't know if God exists or not")

>Second point
The problem of evil is not a problem to God, in fact it actually proves that God exists, because without God, good and evil as such would not even exist. The very concept of morality is completely ridiculous on an Atheistic or Naturalistic worldview, yet we all believe that rape and murder is objectively wrong, even though we give lip service to subjective morality.

>Third Point
>euthyphro dilemma
For those of you not familiar with this, the dilemma is as follows:

“Are morally good acts willed by God because they are morally good, or are they morally good because they are willed by God?”

The answer is that "Morally good acts are good because God is good", in other words the "good" is not external to God, neither are they arbitrary based on what God chooses, they are based on the very nature of who God is. So love is good, not because God thinks love is good, or that God loved and therefore it's good, but rather because God IS love, and God IS good.

laters h8ers

Because God painted this ?? Hahah, this logic is so stupid that it's funny

is a gay jewish man a he-blew?

>The Bible never says anything about navels.

the bible says that man was created in god's own image.
man has a navel
therefore does god have a navel, and why.
ps. Your reading comprehension sucks, and the bible is a made up story

Please google burden of proof or flying spaghetti monster/teapot.

yes

>because without God, good and evil as such would not even exist.

Godadmn, dude, be retarded elsewhere. You completely fail at logic. You base your argument on a literal biblical translation in one breathe and then discount the evidence you cited in that same breathe.

It's obvious that you're a fucking idiot tilting at windmills in your degenerate little mind.

its the truth....
Catholics Beliefs != Christians Beliefs

>in his image can mean a lot of things. not just physical.

If you have to defend the 'meaning' of 'words' you've lost the arguement

That's not even evidence for yourself because you could be under a delusion or misapprehention. Why do Muslims have the same subjective experiences proving to them that Islam is true?

Their children go out and find other people. 90% of the people who will argue with you about the bible have never read it. Take any given religious person and the best they can do is the shit they repeat in church and one quote about homosexuality that is always a little different from the last time they said it

Who the fuck is bill with all these god damned boards

>It's obvious that you're a fucking idiot tilting at windmills in your degenerate little mind.

And you're stupid enough to get sucked into this trolling thread and debate with an idiot.. Over 200 posts!
WinRAR!

God isn't real. Religion is bullshit. If you don't believe me kill yourself and see for yourself their is no afterlife.

You aren't worth my time, but let me assure you that in a debate your gross misconceptions of reality are not a foundation to argue on, and are not an argument in and of themselves.

If you don't understand that some religious scholars are not just puritan farmers without an education, drinking whatever piss their pastor pours on them, then you're just as ignorant and foolish as the people you deride.

The fact of the matter is that validating and expounding on the "meaning of words" is exactly the kind of analysis that this requires, because of not only the extensive translations that have been done on the Bible, but because it was written in a time period that is probabyl completely alien to you, in a language that's just as alien to you.

Go back to shooting up crack and watching football, you fucking idiot. You are out of your league in this subject.

>You aren't worth my time

But you're spending a lot of it typing more words than I want to read

I very much doubt they just decided on the spot. The default position is that god is not real because the existence of god is a positive claim. An athiest need no more evidence to disbelieve Christianity than you need to disbelieve Islam.

It's easy to argue with idiots, but when you face a real argument, you fold up and act like this.

Are you like 9 years old for fuck's sake?

Why don't you take your own advice and see for yourself that you're wrong?

>It's easy to argue with idiots,

...whatever makes you feel superior, go for it.
Belief in god probably gives you the same feeling-go convert a 9 year old and tell her that Jesus loves her as much as you do

Selem (image) necessarily means physical and can include spiritual but can never mean spiritual but not physical.

HAHAHAHA, butthurt, faggot.

up until a few decades ago, there was no internet. a few decades before that, no tv. know what everyone did for entertainment? that's right, tell stories. some stories got repeated over and over. there was a king, emporer, a ruler, who was so afraid of death, he told his advisors to find a means of immortality. stumped by this request, they went to these absurd stories of ever lasting life after death. this king, emporer, leader was so happy with this tale, he tortured, killed anyone who didnt follow along with this explanation. boom, religion in a nutshell.

>go convert a 9 year old and tell her that Jesus loves her as much as you do

If you think this is somehow an insult or a witty comeback, I'm not sure you're on the same page.

Why did he give them penis and vagina when God had no one to have sex with?

>Selem (image) necessarily means physical and can include spiritual but can never mean spiritual but not physical.

includes spiritual but can never mean spiritual?
...religion, pfffft!

this!

That's actually not true at all. Did you make that up yourself or did your mommy and daddy tell you that one?

if you entertain the delusion that what you're saying is true, then answer some simple questions. What ruler? What king? Which emperor? What religion? what country?

Many sought immortality, but religion was hardly their tool. They sought it through alchemy through the first pseudo-scientists and pseudo-doctors.

>I'm not sure you're on the same page.

Maybe not.
What book are you reading?

>The answer is that "Morally good acts are good because God is good", in other words the "good" is not external to God, neither are they arbitrary based on what God chooses, they are based on the very nature of who God is. So love is good, not because God thinks love is good, or that God loved and therefore it's good, but rather because God IS love, and God IS good.

This doesn't dodge the problem at all. Did you come up with that one yourself? It leaves out the definition of goodness, so that when you say "God is good" you really aren't telling us anything. Instead of it being arbitrarily based on God's will, your robbing it of all content and applying it to God to solve the problem of moral imperatives, and just creating a new one. What's good? Why does God qualify for goodness? Characterize his goodness feature. You can't.

>The very concept of morality is completely ridiculous on an Atheistic or Naturalistic worldview, yet we all believe that rape and murder is objectively wrong, even though we give lip service to subjective morality.

No, this is wrong, and even though a lot of atheists are relativists; they're wrong too. Moral language is used all over the world, meaning is use (Wittgenstein) and so you can generate true and false statements about morality that don't depend on people's subjective opinion. Doesn't answer the question of "Why be moral?" but that's a different question from the existence of moral truth.

Atheism is a claim of belief (you do not believe god exists)
Agnosticism is a claim of knowledge (you don't know god exists)
Almost all atheist are agnostic atheists (they don't know that god don't not exist but they don't believe the positive claim that he does exist.)
A gnostic atheist would be someone who claims that they know for a fact that no gods exist. I have never met one.

Why does god hate amputees? - There has never been a case of a single amputee growing back an arm or a leg yet god (supposedly) sees fit to regularly cure cancer sufferers and the blind.

Biblical Law - In Matthew 5:17-18 it states that Jesus wants Christians to follow the old testament word for word. Why don't they? And why do they actively disregard the parts of the old testament which they don't agree with or which are socially unacceptable these day, Like child slavery?

Eye of a needle - If Jesus said it's difficult, Even impossible, For a rich man to get in to the kingdom of heaven why do so many rich people believe in Jesus? why is it the goal of nearly every single christian to become rich? And why do TV evangelists always want your money?

Did god create Cancer and aids - Did he? If so why? And why do good Christians also get them? Or was it a mistake? And if it was, Why not do something about it now?

Bible Revisions - The bible read by Christians of today differs by many chapters and thousand of paragraphs from the original. Which one is the word of god and why does man edit it?

Second Commandment - If the 2nd Commandment is "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" why do Christians wear crosses, Have statues and make films with Jesus' graven image on them?

Witch trials, Inquisitions and crusades - Historians estimate the total number of people executed in the name of Jesus is as high as 15 million (mostly Jews, "witches" and pagans). How does it feel knowing that Jesus is responsible for 3 times as many deaths as Hitler?

The only real SIN. - In Mark 3:29 it says "but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin". Is it true that pedophiles and child killers can be forgiven and get in to heaven but disbelievers can't?

There is no 'we' to atheism. Each atheist has their own beliefs, opinions, values, and ideas. The only time an atheist should even profess their lack of belief is when the believer of a fairy tale tries to press their misled, morally void views on the rest of the world. 'We' are not saying to stop believing in your imaginary friend, 'we' are saying stop forcing fucked up values on your fellow citizens based on the ridiculous and unscientific claims of men who knew virtually nothing thousands of years ago.

> I have never met one.

Virtually no one has, but somehow the straw man characterization of atheism gets trotted out in every fucking thread ever created on this subject.

This is why debate can't thrive on an anonymous forum.

The handful of mongoloids who are here just to heckle, make a disproportionate number of the posts, which aren't even arguments, but simple contradictions and unrelated ad-hominem bullshit.

To have an intellectual conversation in this environment is a farce. Most of you here aren't ready for a real debate on religion, either for or against, and that much is clear.

There's a few educated people here, at least, but I'm afraid it's a waste of time in this environment. I mean, the kind of arguments that shape the discussion are well thought out and require referencing and footnotes and supporting arguments, and that just doesn't happen when the average post time is seconds, and if someone doesn't post in 5 minutes, the thread 404's, and 404's anyway, like it's about to do at 300 posts.

It's obvious that like half these posts are the same one or two jackasses just posting troll shit.

Atheism would be a nice label, if they all didn't bow down to scientism, have a very similar moral understanding that coincides with what sounds fashionably agreeable, and have occasional talks about aliens, bigfoot, lochness, and ghosts. Where every atheist nods their heads, agrees with each other, and all think that they're thinking freely. If you want a clue of what I'm talking about, just google atheist community. You'll find the word atheism is further becoming a type and mindset of people.

>If Jesus returns, kill him again
I don't think so, tim

"And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."
(Luke 21:27)

The first coming was to give us hope for salvation, but the second coming Jesus is going to be all out of chewing gum.

Moar verses of the glorious coming of our Lord and savior Christ Jesus:

"So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him."
(Hebrews 9:28)

"Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen."
(Revelation 1:7)

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord."
(1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)

John 4:24
God is spirit.
A spirit has no flesh or bones.
Therefore no navel.
HOW CAN YOU HAVE A NAVEL IF YOU WEREN'T BORN???

God doesn't exist. Get it through your heads already. With everything that's been happening around the world, you guys still believe in a god?

>If Jesus returns, kill him again
>I don't think so, tim

And the people will all be like uncle Jesse going, "Have mercy!" and God'll be like "Watchoo talkin' bout, Willis?"

/How rude!

The term can include spiritual but can never exclusively mean spiritual so the claim that "created in his image" just means something spiritual does not work.

Amen brother

It is actually very sad, Jesus weeps for every lost soul, but there's nothing he can do if you reject him.

It just goes to show how horrible sin is, even the Israelites who witnessed Moses parting the red sea began to doubt God and saying things like Egypt was better because they at least got food. No faith! How horrible is sin!

God wants a relationship with us, so that we would talk to him like Adam and Eve did, but sin destroyed that signal between us, thankfully through Jesus we can restore it!

hear hear!

If you read about the dimensions and nature of New Jerusalem, it sounds a lot more like a gargantuan space fortress than anything else.

Bitches hadn't heard about the Star Wormwood or Armageddon. Gonna be a hard time for the ferals and heathens.

Well it's easier to argue with someone who is wrong so why not pretend the person you are arguing with believes something that is indefensible? That way you always get to be right and your penis grow 2 1/2 inches longer so sayith the lord

Because it's an artist's rendition?

Not really. It just means you don't believe in god.

Those who pierced him died 2000 years ago so revelations is not accurate. If it was wrong about that what else was it wrong about?

Because why do you care? You are simply happy knowing if there is a God you are hell bound. Furthermore an image is based on facial details in other words eyes nose mouth ears. "The fool hath said in his heart there is no _____________" Death is imminent

that's like saying Islam is just a religion of peace.

Then he is not all powerful

bait/10

In what way? I'm not seeing a line between the two dots

At the time that was written, the idea of evolution was not a manifest theory. The fact is that mankind is a work in progress and not a final destination as many of those philosophers took for granted millennia ago.

Also, the logic is faulty even without that because of the simple fact that the writer is assuming he knows the will of God, which is absurd.

We don't stop existing after we die, those who crucified Jesus, while their body is dead, their spirit still lives, and will be judged with the world when Christ returns, I assume that's what it means.

It does also say those who died in Christ will rise first.

God is all powerful, that's why he was able to give you free will. He created you in his image as a human being, you're not a robot slave, so if you decide to reject God, he will respect your choice, and alienate you from him by your own free choice.

A better analogy would be "that's like saying Islam is a religion"

Because the truth and how they present themselves is completely different. The fact is most atheists are idiot kids jumping on a bandwagon out of popularity, not reason or logic.

Islam is a religion of peace and Atheists just don't believe in God are both memes that don't hold true to the reality.

I'm educated. I've actually been to college and university, and met a lot of people who claim to be athesits, and by far, it's people who are doing so to actively reject something else.

That is to say, some kids are forming their identity around atheism not because of any validity or logical imperative, but because of passive aggressive immaturity and a rejection of religion.

Honestly, most of the atheists you meet are more immature than any of the religious people you can meet.

No the dead are supposed to rise after he comes back but the verse says that those who pierced him will see him coming. It makes no sense.

Well if Atheists as you say don't actually just "Not believe in God", then they shouldn't call themselves Atheists, because to hold the position of an Atheist is to say that the statement "God does not exist" is true. It's the opposite of Theism.

They should use a more neutral term like Agnostic.

Just look at the Encyclopedia of Philosophy and it will clearly explain Atheism to you: "‘Atheism’ means the negation of theism, the denial of the existence of God."

This just goes to show that many "Atheists" believe based on what's popular and cool without having done any research or thinking for themselves... Can't even define their own worldviews. I mean it's just ridiculous to be honest..