PROVE ME WRONG

PROVE ME WRONG
Since the earliest recorded document or writing was discovered, we can accurately estimate humanity has worshipped approximately 2000 different deities and gods.

Being an atheist I don't believe in these 2000 gods.

As a Christian (as some of you are), you are nearly as much of an atheist as I am.

By Zeus prove me wrong you faggots! And while you're there, look up the definition of the word 'myth'.

Then after you've done that, try doing something such as educating yourselves in FACTS backed up by EVIDENCE.

Then after you've done that, take the priest's dick out of your mouth and prove me wrong!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7etKkkwMoIU
strawpoll.me/10758849
rationalresponders.com/a_big_list_of_gods_but_nowhere_near_all_of_them
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The truth!

>2000 different Gods, and deities
>Thinking that there is no significance in the majority of the population believing in a higher power.
Stay woke faggot.

Jesus was his own dad wasn't he?

Didn't he fuck his own mother to give birth to himself?

If he was all powerful and all knowing, why couldn't he have come up with a better way to educate humanity against original sin that he had created by making humanity so imperfect?

Why don't people worship Apollo and Mars anymore?

Ha ha ha...

Wot???

God- this argument is so yesterday.

FREE WILL OR DETERMINISM?!?!

Humanity will only be better off when we eradicate religion. ALL religion.

FACT.

Thank Neptune for people like you op.

We need to start going back too old old school, like paganism (which 85℅ of Christianity is based on).

Cannot prove op wrong

Threads like this just scare Christians and all other religions. They're taught to blindly have faith in man made construct that to date has provided absolutely no evidence to support it.

And Christians claim they're smart?!!

Basically, all these different deities are different interpretations of the same manifestation.

>They gave different names to the same understandings of creation

Tl;dr OP is a fedorafag faggot who never read past Dawkins

Not quite you uppity little shit. But I'll explain.

You see, for idiots will flock to see the next Messiah who could promise answers (albeit totally incorrect answers as evidenced by the Bible and the Koraan) at an age when humanity didn't even understand where the sun went to at night.

An age of primitive understanding, where the concept of schizophrenia was not heard of to explain the voice of God telling someone to gut their own child to prove their devotion to the voice.

It's a period of time where humanity should have evolved in terms of common sense and understanding. Yet look at Islam and Christianity.

As retarded as eachother.

MFW all Christians refuse medical care and instead pray for a cure or new liver.

LEAVE THAT POOR HORSE ALONE. HE IS ALREADY DEAD.

No fedora... Sorry to disappoint.

Just a brain I like to keep active.

And common sense.

And a pair of eyes, ears...

You get the jist...

Horse here.

Personally I love this discussion.

More!

My dear beloved son, I fear you are misguided.

I am not as concerned as if you were not looking for answers. Know there are many portals to be opened for the one who quests for knowledge.

Know that I love you, and that you are loved.

>Portals to be opened

You are confusing religion with Stargate again?!! Takes your meds!!

The quest for knowledge is known as science.

The quest for stupidity, ignorance and arrogance in the face of nothing but evidence to the contrary is known as religion.

Here is the problemS with this stupid ass debate:

At best, you are arguing with someone who believes in magic. Let that sink in for a second. Do you really think ANY argument you put forth could possibly sway them?

At worst, you are arguing on Cred Forums, which is a bucket of fuckery so deep that you succeed in doing nothing but putting one more shit thread into circulation for the 9000'th time. If you're going to do that, just go back to posting fragments of slowpoke.

KEK

Arguing....?

Or

Debating.....?

Both equally as futile on Cred Forums.

However there are some here who are clearly optimists; believing that an idiot can change their ideology based on forced brainwashing from childhood.

Optimism is good as long as it's grounded in reason. It offers more redemption than religion can offer anyway.

Very rarely happens

May Apophis cast you down with herpes

Atheism is not relative. It doesn't matter how many gods one does not acknowledge, and it does not matter how many gods one does not acknowledge given the context of how many gods there are, or how many gods someone else acknowledges. If you acknowledge no god you are Atheistic, if you acknowledge one or more gods you are Theistic.

I have done what you have asked. Where is my reward.

Dude, you're going to have a rough time in high school

Don't these people like...

Erm..

Die?

These are by definition functionally the same thing. The only difference is un the typically-construed tonevof the exchange.

And your point is what?

Reward?

It's waiting for you in heaven of course!

I do not acknowkedge any variation on paradise after death.

Where is my earthly material reward?

being atheist is easy when you don't think about where everything originally came from

Hey! Did you take that picture from my story thread? Its the exact same picture and file name.

Not necessarily, as although they are indeed elements of an argument, a debate is a two way argument. Whereas simply arguing is normally ruled by emotion over thought, and is more commonly a one way conversation.

An example of a one way conversation is telling CNN their coverage of Hillary is pure fantasy and bullshit. She's dying!!

A REAL debate allows Hillary the opportunity to cough for twenty minutes as a rebuttal.

Huh?

Look up "big bang" on Google, avoiding anything that looks remotely like pr0n to avoid distraction.

Answers provided by science of course.

^This!

>being an atheist on Cred Forums
now that's a bolt move, everyone knows this is christian central

kys and meet your maker

kek

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... yeah, makes perfect sense.

Awwwww yus!

The trewth !!

>one way
False. An argument, by definition, cannot be one-way, or a dialogue from one side.

>usually ruled by emotion
You have here acknowledged my qualification of difference in typically-construed tone of exchange.

This post refutes nothing.

here is your proof

Yes. Pretty much.

But it's all legit see! For it says in the Bible!

The Bible: a book written, rewritten, translated, rewritten, approved by kings with redacts and edits, rewritten, translated, rewritten, approved by popes with redacts and edits, translated rewritten, rewritten and again approved by popes after their own redacts and edits then return again.

But it's all true! Just like the face of Jesus certainly isn't Pope Borgia's son, explaining why he's white.. Noooooo. It's legit!!!

Not really. The only thing it will prevent is killing or scams in the name of religion. It might help in the long run, but to say it is the only means of holding back humanity is extreme.

I liked this bit better when Ricky Gervias did it.

Okay.

Of this post ends on a 3 or a 7 then good exists...

Or is it simply coincidence?

Hmmmm

If this post ends with a 0, then God exists

Good exists only in the context of morality.

well I think you got your answer....

Those proving how coincidence can make idiots believe in supernatural mythology.

Fellow atheist here, while the argument is valid. There is a large chunk of people will believe even if there are an infinite number of signs that god doesn't exist will still believe, and it's an unfalsifiable hypothesis

>85℅

>PROVE ME WRONG
But you can't do that user, because to prove to you that there is a god would require there to be a god, which there is not.

You are participating in a logical fallacy.

Technically there can't be any evidence that god doesn't exist - this is the qualifier for an unfalsifiable hypothesis. There can only be a surmounting lack of evidence that it does exist.

Good does indeed exist.

But how about Zeus or Apollo? Or how about the multicoloured mushroom unicorn that fires comets from his ass, and dubstepfrom its nose.

Post ending in a 0 confirms they are real

Starting from the beginning, there are quite a few mentions in the old testament texts about a future Messiah. All of the prophesies regarding a Messiah that I can find require that the Messiah must be a descendant of King David. I can see that we are in agreement that the Bible does in fact make this requirement.

Science has too many loose ends, all religions are different roads to the same place. Consciousness is proof, God is just a lonely kid who made a lot of imaginary friends. Time is going in a big circle just to start again, work without expectations for results,and live life like you'll be here after death because you will be in one form or another. Don't trip because everything will be alright, have more faith that positivity will overwhelm negativity and bring balance to the universe. Also, people worshipped resource-hungry aliens that they misinterpreted as divine beings in the remote past. Be reasonable and stop being so scared of death

Sigh if only I could make a gif on mobile that would zoom in slowly into the word die.

You clearly don't know about Halloween, Easter and ask that shit.

ITT: trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls

Looks like I picked the right time to buy comet insurance.

A quick review on the birth of Jesus: Matthew 1:18-25 describes the birth of Jesus to the virgin Mary, not yet married to Joseph at the time she became pregnant. Joseph planned to leave her, but everyone knows the story of how the angel appeared to Joseph and told him of the birth of Jesus through the holy spirit. Joseph then took Mary to be his wife, and kept her a virgin until the child was born. Joseph was commanded to name the child Jesus (even though the original messianic prophesy found in Isaiah 7:14 says the Messiah will literally be "named" Immanual, but that's a whole different point.) So Joseph did as he was told by the angel, not aware of the Old Testament prophesy.

Dude, I'm an atheist and this is cringeworthy even for me.

The real question is why do you care what other people believe? It's your own need to feel smarter than other people. Here's the problem though, the only people that think you are smart are the other fedora clad neets that agreed with you before you even started this thread. Enjoy your circle jerk I guess...

Ok, so let's look at what we know here. We have two separate books in the new testament, written by at least two different authors at different times in history. Each author had no idea the other existed, but each one obviously knew that Jesus clearly needed to be a descendant of King David in order to qualify as the Messiah, however, they document the lineage of Jesus in two different ways. You said that as a believer, the only thing that makes sense is that they must document two different lineages. That would be understandable if Jesus had two bloodlines, but he does not as he has no human father. (Lets' just ignore the physical impossibility of that scenario.) Lett's just pretend that he does have two bloodlines for the moment.

The fallacy begins with the religious demanding proof God doesn't exist.

OP appears to be pointing out the stupidity of it all. You know.... turning tables and stuff.

It's just the simple fact that it's so easy to explain away questions you can't answer by inserting magic.

Both of the lineages described in the new testament immediately disqualify themselves according to prophesies from the old testament. One of the lineages described does not go through Solomon, which is a requirement for the Messiah. No amount of twisting or manipulating can change this fact. The Messiah must descend from David through Solomon according to the old testament. The lineage that does not go through David's son Solomon is pointless and only shows that Jesus is not the Messiah, at least not through that line. Basically, we can ignore the fact that the prophesied Messiah must be a descendant of David, because technically, he must more specifically be a direct descendant of Solomon. Again, any description of a family history that does not connect to Solomon is pointless.

The other does go through Solomon, but also goes through Jechonias. Again, no manipulation can change that.

Jeremiah, chapter 22, verse 30; the ancestor of Joseph named King Jeconiah was cursed by God:

"Write this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days. For no man of his seed shall prosper sitting upon the throne of David and ruling anymore in Judah."

Any descendant of Jeconiah would be disqualified from ever being a Messianic candidate. It's that simple.

So why would either writer even bother to make the claim that Jesus is descended from King David through either of those two specific lineages anyway? It doesn't matter if Jesus really can trace his lineage through either Joseph or Mary.

Its the will of God, he will show you another 0

The real point I'm getting at here is that Jesus only needs one of those lineages to be a true descendant of King David. Even though they both clearly disqualify themselves, and even if we assume that one of them doesn't disqualify itself, you can't sit here and tell me that neither of them disqualify themselves! They can't both be his one direct line, so why are there two in the first place? Both authors assume and make the claim that their description of Jesus' lineage is in fact his direct line to King David. One of them is not accurate, and both of them certainly cannot be. This is an inherent contradiction in itself! It is very clear to me that the answer is that both authors weren't aware of those tiny details or of the others claims.

GODFUCKINGDAMMIT, give this lad a well deserved cookie

Starting with "consciousness is proof", and end with "balance to the universe" is balogna. Everything else is correct.

It is my opinion that the writer of Matthew clearly and blatantly contradicts his claim that Jesus is a descendant of David when he makes the claim that Jesus was born to a virgin. Christians will say that Joseph adopted Jesus and passed on his genealogy that way. First of all, it is completely impossible to pass on your genealogy through adoption. Jesus was in no way related to Joseph. Jesus had no human father and therefore could never be related to King David through his "father's" side. Furthermore, I can not find anywhere in the Bible of a description where it is legally acceptable that a father passes his genealogy through adoption. For that matter, I can't find anywhere in the Bible where it describes that Joseph even legally adopted Jesus at all! That's just an assumption; a hope; an attempt to validate the writers claim by a person who already believes something through blind faith. Either way, even if it were socially or legally accepted it doesn't change the fact that if you are adopted, it doesn't change where you naturally come from. Adoption doesn't change your ancestry or genetics. If Jesus had no genetic link to Joseph, then he could never have a genetic link through Joseph to King David.

Furthermore, according to the Jewish tradition at the time, (considering Jesus was a Jew, I'm just assuming that Mary and Joseph were also Jewish and followed Jewish laws) a priest (Kohain) is someone who is born to another priest. If your father is a priest, then you are a priest. If a priest (Kohain) adopts a boy who is the son of someone who was not a priest, that child does not become a priest through adoption. We all know that Jesus family was Jewish and as such, this tradition would have applied to them as well. We can only assume that Joseph's family lineage would not be recognized even socially or legally, and certainly (obviously) not genetically. Even so, that point is irrelevant because Joseph is a direct descendant of the cursed king Jechonias.

Therefore, why does the writer of Matthew even document Joseph's lineage? Who cares? This claim is simply an attempt to validate the contradiction that the writer of Matthew obviously overlooked.

>haloween
>easter
>ask that shit

Yep that's 85% of Christianity if I've ever studied it.

that's what I said dipshit. Te argument is sound but there are people who will still believe despite mounting evidence, and since you cant "prove" theres no god they will still believe. Also you cant prove a negative

since you don`t know anything about science or theology, also probably never opened a bible here is something that has shook even scientists.
It is more evidence than the Holocaust of Zionists been gassed.

i bet u believe in money ...
u know what fiat money is ?

I love you guys. Keep searching for the answers. I know your human ego is looking for one

Yeah, cos thousands of atheists haven't been slaughtered or persecuted en-masse to satisfy Christianity and to protect a fragile belief system over the centuries right?

I'm an atheist, and I'm frequently bothered by people taking the Bible in my face, being told in god we trust and having laws dictated by religious assholes in authority that impact everyone!

But yeah sure... Just feeling smarter than anyone else! Fuck me right!

But why would an atheist, who correctly believes there is no god, ask for evidence of a god? I believe OP actually does believe in a god and is merely trolling.

there is no such thing like free will u monkey

it's nice knowing that there's more and more ppl who are realizing that the mainstream religions are full of shit but I can't help imagining how fucking pathetic most of the atheists here probably are

i think i'm going to go to bed

Jews burned their own lineage, so probably the real jews are from Palestine, there are who are not jews at all just say they are but no evidence there was like it was with JesusChrist.
If you read the bible you will probably go that is amazing, jews have no geonology tree they burned it for some reason.
you can check it out.

Why is it that Atheists always want to gripe about Christians? Somebody said Merry Christmas and now you're all butthurt.

If you asshats would put your effort towards convincing radical muslim extremists that Allah doesn't exist, that might actually be useful.

tldr; Atheists are tumblr-quality cancer, too busy being offended to do anything constructive.

Okey, if this post ends in 66 I am partially God.

You may want to ask a televangelist or the Vatican. I've heard they have shit tons of the stuff.

Tax free too!

Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

You litetally used the words "signs god doesn't exist".

I was just highlighting your inaccurate phrasing; these can't exist.

Post ending in 8 confirms that Allah is the one true God.

Okay... 0 for Yahweh?

Just people with no education that believe in evolution theory probably didn`t got to much attention as kids.
Also Youtuber fans.

Let's go for 1 for God in general.

To throw the Christians fallacy back in their faces maybe?

Answers afterall can only be found in truth supported by evidence..

I love you, you beautiful Asian bastard.

Is the collective of humanity God? Find out the truth. 5 confirms it

Sorry guys. 6 confirms there is no God.

Yes I don't know about halloween and easter and shit, please give me a long pretentious speech about them. Take as much time in between to savor the exquisite scent of your own farts.

Seems you missed the ℅ part, since you're clearly itching for a fight. You might as well be a fucking muslim.

This.

Cant build a church without money...
televangalist is a scam obviusly...

thats some shitty argument m8

youtube.com/watch?v=7etKkkwMoIU

No God???

:-(

Why don't you just "turn the other cheek" to the Muslim threat user. And while your at it, love they neighbour.

But don't get started on the "happy is he who caste their newborn against the rocks" as that's a nightmare to explain away.

Confirmed.

Sorry Cred Forumsro

>with no education

>that didn't got to much attention

(the sound of silence)

Im just gonna leave this here.

They are confused faggotrons, they just don`t want to be talked about God mostly so called atheists do believe in a higher power, but they want to go their ways wich makes them miserable than they are already.
They don`t like the shoving that dildo up your ass is wrong and shameful, fapping to traps is a mental illness, get terrorist insurance in case your home gets blown up by a muslim because you`re such a faggot.
And God loves you even do you`re a sinner don`t judge yourself just ask for forgiveness.
stuff like that

Hinduism alone has something like 5,000 deities. I don't accept your premise.

I guess you are almost correct. Except the 2000 God's, more like 4 million. Hinduism had a lot and South American religions had a lot

>pretentious

Initially provided a goofy, yet pretentious response via a gif without going into a proper response. Claims user is pretentious when making a second pretentious response, albeit a little more detailed this time.

But please, do continue.....

>Atheism is believing in no God at all
>Many cultures and religions have different beliefs on what the creation of the universe, meaning of life and morals are.
>Some have multiple gods.
>Since they're not all in the same book, it's not atheism to worship and believe in the gods of your religion and not others.
>Christians believe in religion that worships one single god.
>Neckbeard goes on Cred Forums saying stating "That's atheism!"
>Post picture of Jesus getting fucked and adds the "Suck priest dick" as a backup.
Come upstairs timmy, your tendies are done

Fapping to cartoon characters is wrong, wanting to suck off a horse is depraved and so on.
but in the end they are just depressed instead of even trying to make a science point they just go mouth breathing

People will just make a different reason for killing. You are niave

If God would speak to me, give me an actual sign, something that would prove to me, and it's only got to be to me that he would exist, I would jump up and down and scream hallelujah with the best of them. That hasn't happened, though. So I live my life on a set of morals that I made for myself, because I know that they are right for me. They're pretty "Christian-like" but I don't worship God, so I'm destined for hell. I'll accept that, because I'm not going to worship something I don't know exists.

absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence u fuckin lazy jew

Shitty argument

Each church service followed by collection from the stupid.

The Vatican had at least enough wealth to cure world hunger, yet don't.

Religion is a business and should be taxed as such. A business based on misrepresentation, secrecy and a false promise that can only be discovered when a 'client' dies, therefore providing a non-refund policy. And you think it's fine?

This isn't a fucking known unknown Donald Rumsfeld.

>via
stop talkin' that faincy spanish at me you sumbitch

greentext when mastered, is a beautiful thing. once you surrender yourself to jesus, you might feel my elation.

Been in somehow 17 neart to death experiences or more not even sure different kind, just ask him to make out of you a martyr to prove that he exists and God bless you if you ask that because trust me he listens.

This is the correct response. The threadcis over. Everyone go home.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I'm defending Christianity.

I'm attacking posturing, self-aggrandizing Atheists who are so busy basking in their own feelings of superiority that they don't realize they're actually religious nuts.

Those uneducated con men that get on TV and wax poetic about what GOD (always pronounced with two syllables) has revealed to them... they're getting of on being authoritative, being an expert on something, without actually having to do any work. It's charlatanism. Posturing.

And most of the Atheists in this thread are doing the exact same thing. Pick on Christians - they'll get mad and pray for you. That's easy. Go protest outside a European Mosque if you've got the balls.

Or hey, let the Christians go try to convert them. At least they're doing something besides mutual mental masturbation.

You don't understand?

It's easy really. Where are all these so-called gods and why aren't they helping us? Why are so many kids dead as a result of inaction from these loving, all powerful super beings?

So, the only gift that God will ever give you is pain and suffering. Sounds great. Let me get the brochure for that one.

it donates in charity more than any organization to aids, in Africa you can check it out oh wait you just went and talked shit ? without using facts GTFO

its not the job of the vatican to solve that shit...are u even know what religion and therefore the vatican is for ?

u pay taxes to get gender studys...
and u are complaining about shit that affects u in no way are u serius right now ?

is it ok for a man to murder a small child? mr athiest? or is it ok for you to bash a puppy's head in with a hammer? It is a poodle a white one very small...

believers rarely come across as this insecure and desperate for affirmation from those who believe otherwise....

QED

He has been mercyful to me, not sure what he would act with you, but honestly he has well im not even sure why im alive right now there must be a reason, I don`t blame him I made mistakes repented and God has pulled me out those mistakes.
Im not trying to convert you im just sharing my experience to you, but if you don`t believe you can ask that he does listen but will he answer you ?

There's ethics, and there's morals. Familiarize yourself with the difference.

Name an era of history where mankind has not turned to religion of some kind to provide answers such as "why do I shit?" And "where did the fucking moon go?".

As we should now be at a stage in humanity where we have more answers and a much more about understanding, we shouldn't need religion. And as humanity has never gone through a period where religion hasn't imposed itself, how can you claim that?

Why can't humanity get rid of religion and be truly civilized?

u dont understand what god stands for...
god doesent care if u are some filthy arsehole or a normie fag he helps ALL that belive in him...

and thats basically why even bad things happen...

>thinking the majority of the population believes in your god.

Goddamn ignorance

A lot of children have been murdered, so according to god it's fine.

>Why can't humanity get rid of religion and be truly civilized?

We see faces in the patterns of tree bark. Clouds that look like a duck. We see meaning in meaningless things. We hear voices in the wind.

This is how humans work. It's a survival trait. We look for the story in any sequence of events, and make one up if one isn't readily available.

Humanity will lose religion when we lose imagination - and I'm afraid at that point, we won't be very human anymore.

Protip, apart from superstitious "belief" most mainstream religious people are the ones making the world a better place,

The people who are making it a shitter place are the asshole athiests like yourself who think its okay to be a shitty person because your "belief" is their is no god to punish you.

Its a matter of morality and keeping the assholes in check. Little hint, religion was invented so the assholes of society would stop being dicks because there was an all watching uncorruptable watchdog, the good people of society dont need religion.

You'd have to see some righteous shit to believe in the "bologna" , have faith and you will. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, that applies to the long-term existence of the physical universe. Balance is inevitable. Science can't explain why we have a being that exists within our physical bodies that doesn't change even though our bodies do. Once consciousness leaves the body, it starts to deteriorate. Time will pass until we, the human race, reach the point when we realize that we can escape three dimensional existence and perceive reality as "God" does.
Then we hit nirvana and realize damn life was better for us all stretched linear and shit, let's do that again. Cycle restarts, we seperate positivity from negativity to produce conflict to make things interesting for another few million years. We forget who we are, then get back to trying to find ourselves again. Too much for Cred Forums ? Idk where I should be saying this stuff twitter doesn't seem like the right place

There is nothing wrong with believing in "god", or an all knowing all controlling diety.

The problem is organised religion! The fact of the matter is there is no proof of god, only what we think could or may be god. So when people preach about 'Jesus' because he was in a book or "mohammad' because he was in a book, I say FUCK YOU

strawpoll.me/10758849 help

rightly so...there is a difference but that is not my point. its kind of a staged thought process... before ever being taught right from wrong poeple already know it in most cases right? So my question is where does that installation of morality come from? If God does not exist then when we die there is nothing and our actions have absolutely no consequence what so ever right? Yet my conscience convicts me even in the smallest moral issues...can you explain that to me?

If you're going to be a fag and believe, why not belive in the norse gods, at least those guys were badasses

Picking on Christians??

No, you are mistaken.

We're simply pointing out the wretches of society. The ones who are allowed to vote a new president to run the country, yet believe in fairy tales.

This answer satisfy you?

I'm not superior on any way. I would just wish people would seek answers in truth rather than through the easy option. Pretentious is forcing your religious doctrines down there throats of everyone as atheists have had to endure for centuries.

Yet you keep thinking we shouldn't call out an idiotic ideology that continues today to negatively affect everyone.

Church and state should be separate. And so should fact and bullshit?

>Fact: You are a homosexual and the only reason you don't "believe" in what we today call God is because you think he won't allow you continue a life of sodomy though you've used your superior-than-science intellect to convince yourself that it is unrelated
Enjoy your hellfire

>Why can't humanity get rid of religion and be truly civilized?

Same reason they can't sweep black neighborhoods and kill the niggers tbh fam.

I'm pretty sure the concept of right and wrong is a learned thing, either from social conditioning or personal trial and error. I can't think of a way to structure an objective scientific study on a subject like that, though.

Church is across the street, buddy.

You could just say instincts and inbuilt learning, the morals you are taught will be very close to the morals you have unless there is some cataclysmic event that seperates the child from the parents, e.g daddy ended up being a serial rapist

>almost everyone believes in magic
>hmm maybe there's something to this magic thing

how the fuck do you people still exist

They have indeed contributed more to aids and hunger in Africa. You are absolutely right.

They're afraid to wear condoms as it's a sin. They're afraid to do as lot of things thanks to missionaries. They over populate as a result and cannot farm effectively due to the limitations imposed by the climate.

I totally agree with you! Thanks for contributing. Can you count to potato?

>some floating shit in space coming out vaguely hand shaped

totaly proof of god guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is an apologetics method for attempting to reveal that if we have morals built in then there must be a builder..., but as you mentioned that would be a very difficult thing to prove....unless we find a lot of new borns and separate them from all other humans and let them grow up all alone and see if they are mean when we go back to get them...

Your subjagating and clasifying someone as a shit person for one single aspect of their lives, that puts you higher on the need to go list than religious fags

but that would be against my morals so...

I'd submit that anyone eager to vote for Donald Trump has swallowed a gallon of fairy tales regardless of their stance on religion. Anyone eager to vote for Hillary Clinton has swallowed an ocean of them. I'm voting, but not eagerly.

I agree with you that forcing a religious doctrine down someone's throat is annoying. I was merely pointing out that Christians do it figuratively, while Sharia law is actually quite literal about it.

That's why I always find it so odd that Christianity is a bigger target than Islam in these threads.

Your call, I'll raise a cup in your Honor in Valhalla.

We'd be observing them, and that would influence the experiment.

Also, is right. That'd be a terribly immoral thing to do.

Implying morality is uniquely religion's invention.

Morality and a sense of right or wrong is indeed within all animals to an extent. Humans interpretation is more vast but covered generally the good we do.

Mother Theresa on the other hand has just been made a saint. She was considered moral too. So you know how much pain and suffering she caused, while secretly forwarding most of the donations received to the Vatican instead of medicine and the needy?

Try researching a little more.

that probably was a exorcism, a really bad one...
>shove a cross in mouth
>rip the heart out of the body
>tie up
thats was satan there for sure.

You clearly haven't been reading have you

No implication on morals, objective viewpoint of the planet

Also do you really want to take it into an arguement of case by case examples????

I garrntre youll run out first

Please continue. I'm all ears.

You were claiming there's only "one" single act??

I'll wait.

Religions aren't about gods. They're all just metaphors for something that can't be explained with mundane concepts.

Dear Atheists. Reproduce your claims 1 time please.

Cant turn non living matter into living cells. Cant produce a single change of kind.
Goodluck getting "nothing" to explode and especially doing it "nowhere"

Hinduism alone is over a thousand gods m8

OP here

Where in my post did I single out Christianity for some abuse? It's actually anti-religion in general. Christians aren't the only ones who claim their good is the true God (look at Islam for instance).

The vast majority here on b are westerners and therefore more likely to fall into Christian or not, thus stimulating debate.

ALL religions are shit

So if nothing can't come from nothing, how did god make the universe?

Or how was god created, as he can't come from nothing right?

Or how about the universe containing countless stars and planets... Yet all the action in the Bible sense to be centered around the middle East?

You could also answer why god had been responsible for 1000x more deaths in the Bible than Satan, yet Satan's the bad guy?

I'll wait

Pic related:

A typical Christian trying to answer those fundamental questions.

Truth

God is all knowing
So when eve talked to the sake and ate the fruit he knew it was going to happen and set them up to fail or he isn't all knowing
Explain

I wonder who was around at the time of creation to know it was all done in seven days by God.

Or who had definitely been to heaven to confirm it exists.

People hear voices and see Angeles on a daily basis. Only now our better understanding of things allow us to class these people as insane.

Adam and Eve are represented as having belly buttons..... Wait, what!?!

Also they give birth to two sons who in turn created mankind..... Wait, what?!!

God had killed more people than the devil as written in the Bible. Good is the good guy who really loves you, but will commit you to burn for eternity if you don't love him back..... Wait, what!?!

See a pattern here???

That two sons thing....
Very gay!

you know why did god stop doing all these fantastical things he can apparently do as soon as we got to the point where recorded history was more reliable.

It's a shame or age of discovery and enlightenment is still stained by the age of unfounded mysticism

It's ironic how an atheist never get faith healed or possessed by a demon

Indeed.

Stories were often spread by travelers and merchants, and exaggerated to give the audience more excitement.

It's how religion spread.

Difference between me and your god?
I'd stop rape murder and all other negative things, because I could

I believe in a book that was written by men who weren't there and it was 30 years later
Also they're aren't original stories

Doesn't Hinduism have 300 million gods, technically, because of family deities and shit like that?

Where did I mention I was a Christian? Seems you are incapable of reproducing your claims so you are going on the attack.

I'm moral and probably do more than most to help those in need.

I'm retired from active service due to injury, but I regularly help those in need despite only having one full leg, and regardless of my safety. If I can help then I will.

This isn't religious morals as I'm an atheist. It's humanity.

Do you know how much of military service involved religion? It's sickening.

Where did I say you were?

Answer the questions though. I'm waiting.

He did't say you were christian you dumb fuck

you guys are aware that the only thing you are doing here its circlejerk, pretty much no one its debating and you are just complementing each other ideas, shitposting as an atheist its still shitposting.

of course this is Cred Forums so who the fuck cares

Well we were waiting for a compelling counter argument from religious fags, but they've all run off to wait until the butthurt subsides.

Wow.

Jump to conclusions much?

You clearly mentioned biblical characters there dipshit. And Im the one doing the waiting. Reproduce your claims. Thats how science works. Shouldnt be that hard for you to take non living matter and turn it into life.

Even if we can get one person to question their views and look at reality, it's a win. Wouldn't you think?

Sigh.

Okay.

1. Despite ALL the scientific evidence to support the big bang, and the agreement of 99℅ of the scientific community, you deny this?

2. Inb4 NYPA. I'm not doing the work for you, nor repeating the facts and research that is freely available online with just a simple search via Google. You clearly do not wish to look at the evidence and wish to continue in your own bubble of bullshit.

3. Science does work. It's self sceptical and self scrutinizing. Scientist will not give their names to research or support findings until they to have analysed and tested the findings - a massive contrast to religion.

4. Science works.
Want proof? You're typing on it.

>biblical characters.
Mentions god who's not exclusive to the Bible.

Nice one faggot?

Should also add the questions are general and directed to everyone. Keep feeling superior. Butthurt must be intolerable at this point for you.

Good post!

you are expecting a true christian to awnser you, on 4 chan? maybe when /loli/shota/ board was a thing but not right know

how the fuck its that a win, religious or atheist if you are a retard you are a retard

Atheists give more to charities than churches do.
Also, the more atheist (and therefore, the less Christian) a country is, the more helpful that nation is towards the poor, and oppressed. Religious people, and Christians in particular, don't do shit to make things better for the world. What's better, doing good because you're afraid a magic man in the sky is going to punish you, or an atheist doing good simply to do good?

A true retard is born a retard.

Most religious tards are brainwashed by their parents who in turn were brainwashed by their parents and so on. Brainwashing is reversible.

He literally asked me "You could also answer why god had been responsible for 1000x more deaths in the Bible than Satan, yet Satan's the bad guy?"

idiot

Atheists can be good while expecting no reward at the end of their lives.

Religious can be good mostly to stave off the eternal hellfire bullshit.

It's all about ultimate rewards. Atheists see good in doing good things, religions are it as simply a means to convert the desperate, needy and easily swayed due to circumstances. I've seen this first hand many times.

well duh, because scientists are just lying and trying to destroy religion. You atheists only listen to dumb liberals in lab coats! do your research!!!!

I know, it's sad. I've seen religious leanings on suicide hotlines for teenagers, the religious are fucking scumbags.

Yet you've provided no answers whatsoever. Only blowing smoke up your own ass while masturbsting to your own photo, probably.

It mentions the Bible. Yet makes no claims YOU are Christian. You don't have to be Christian try provide an answer from your viewpoint, and provide reason for why you are too lazy to look for answers yourself, instead demanding they are provided to you.

Now please feel free to fuck off if you're not going to answer.

having or not a religion dont truly affect your basic personality, if you are a cunt then you join an evangelic church and you try to push your ideology on other people. if you are a cunt and an atheist you do the same.

If it wasnt for islam and christianity you wouldnt have half the science and mathematics we do now. Respect history and culture fag

>Atheists can be good while expecting no reward at the end of their lives.

that would be nice if Atheists could actually do something for some one else and not being stuck so far into their asses, did you forgot atheism +?

True.

It's called humanity.

Just like the animal kingdom when the baboon decides to throw his shit at you.

A cunt is a cunt.

Difference is though, what drives the person to be a cunt.

Yeah... Thanks for the dark ages and putting humanity back hundreds of years.

Was fun and all!

some people are just cunt, other people are just dicks and others are assholes, if you are cunt, dick or an asshole you will act like if you have the moral high ground and you will try to force your ideology on other people no mather if you are a theist or an atheist

I'm an atheist cunt because I want people to stop living behind falsified hope for the purposes of making a the world oldest pyramid scheme a lot of money.

Is this wrong of me?

Instead of turning to a mythical sadistic vain mass murdering asshole in the sky, why not turn to eachother?

Again, this so wrong? Answers are found through seeking, not through bullshit.

After the fall of the roman empire islamic universities gathered and retained knowledge that wouldve been lost. Plus peasants during those times had better lives than we do now

nice way to prove me wrong, i thought atheist based their arguments on evidence not on memes

It's worse when a dick goes into an asshole, or a cunt goes to an even bigger cunt. Or even two dicks go together.

A dick going to a cunt though is a slight improvement to many. Ask down to perception see!

Reminder: OPs original statement is there are 2000 gods and Christians believe one of them. Therefore they are 1/2000th less atheist than him. Let his infallible theological mathematics on the finite accumulation of deities sink in. You are arguing with a 10th grader

Oh sorry! Was your Dumbass comment serious? I thought it was written by an edgy teenager in his mom's basement.

Now, which party of your comment do you want criticized first for being the ramblings of an idiot?

yes, because you are acting in the same way that the evangelic church does, if some one wanted to change their belives they will do it, people do it right now even on fucking islamic states, you dont need to force your shit onto people. if some one doesnt agree with your ideology on 100% then hes a fucking babling retard, if some one doesnt agree at 100% with the ideology of and evangelist hes a fucking satanist warlock that will burn in hell.

Shit! No fooling you user is there!

so now your are insulting the people you are arguing with? are you sure you are an atheist because you sound more like an feminist right now

Hold on... Are you suggesting those who are brainwashed from childhood or when succeptible shouldn't be shown the 'other pill'??

It's easy enough to just sit back and do nothing. But then you realize over time that religion has crept into your daily life through laws and even businesses. And when ready to affect a change it could be too late.

Or it could be the fact that for me personally, I can't tolerate idiots and being bothered at home by jw assholes and Christ fags.

Or it could be a bit of everything.

It's easy enough sitting back and doing nothing though while humanity slips further into the shitter while religions keep getting stronger of people's misery, suffering and money.

Again, your comment was nothing but bumbling doggeh farts. It was not surely worthy of a response and sounded more like a tantrum pulled by a six year old.

BTW you smell.... That kinda thing.

Anyone who thinks OP "estimate" of 2000 gods is an ignoramus. There are as many in the Ancient Egyptian religion, add Mesopotamia, Persia, Greek, Roman, Mayan and a thousand other cultures across 10,000 years and you prove that this is a circle jerk of a thread on a board where jerking off why people come here. Fucking sophomoric and embarrassingly stupid by any scientific or religious measure

so tell me oh you master of the true, great debator, brilliant mind of our generation can you pls enlight us and tell the rest 4 chan what good has done any organized group of atheist?

Atheist+ - a suggestion from a female blogger, that had amounted to absolutely nothing. Just like your parents ambitions for you basement dwelling user.

When was the last time you saw an atheist terrorist doing harm against others in the name of atheism?

What about the atheist communities who do huge amounts for their communities, for free and without donations.

Or maybe the answers you take for granted on a daily basis, provided by atheist scientists who refuse to accept a good being responsible for everything.

There's many more I could provide, but you'd likely review it without reason anyway.

>everyone did the same thing
>well, better not then since obviously those 2000 people were just dumb
Fuck off urbanfag and enjoy the Muslims.

it would be nice if was just a stupid suggestion of a blogger, but some people tried to push that shit and if i remember well some one tried to promote it on TED, also that just prove my point about most of atheists being uncapable of doing any good due to how fucking stuck up are on their own asses you guys are reaching veganism levels of assfuckery

Do some research.

Estimated 63,000 religious groups throughout history. Many however worship the same god or are a splinter from an earlier and no longer prescribing group for instance.

If you want to get to the gritty, there could be as much as 63 million gods, but that is extreme estimations based on calculated populations and unclear evidence.

Here you go, if anyone wants to argue with activist atheists: rationalresponders.com/a_big_list_of_gods_but_nowhere_near_all_of_them
Imo OP's grasp of deities and the limits of scientific and historical understanding is Cred Forumstier but then again, here we are. Happy fapping

I think regardless of what ppl believe or dont believe in there are decent ppl and shitty ppl.

There are plenty of ppl that do shitty things every day that have nothing do to with religion beliefs just like there are still ppl who do shitty things in the name of whatever imaginary thing they pray to.

Some human beings are just peices of shit

You do realize youre generalizing desperately to try and give your argument some element of legitimacy. The movent consisted of double digits. Hardly the grandstanding world changing movement you make it out to be.

It was killed off by other atheists. The movement died before it got anywhere.

Now in view of your butthurt reaching critical mass, you may want to sit down, take a deep breath and so trying to catalogue atheists when you clearly have no comprehension of factual or reasonable responses.

>When was the last time you saw an atheist terrorist doing harm against others in the name of atheism?

i didnt asked you about religion or your comment on it you are an atheist and we already know that

>What about the atheist communities who do huge amounts for their communities, for free and without donations.

i know there is a few atheist groups do community service, diferent religious groups around the world do the same, the rate of who do more good on the world i dont know but its not usual to see an atheist charity doing something

>Or maybe the answers you take for granted on a daily basis, provided by atheist scientists who refuse to accept a good being responsible for everything.

there is also religious scientists, and im not talking about creationist im talking about people that dont mix their religion and their work
now about the rate of atheist and religious scientists around the world, well i dont know a about it i dont think no one really took the time to ask that

Add mentioned in post
Many gods were likely the same god with a different name, as evidenced through the ages in texts and similarities between them. Although you can claim there is more, this isn't certain and the estimation of 2,000 is more fair. Either way, your argument is simply an attempt at distraction, as even if there were more gods than 2,000, it makes the modern belief structures even more fragile and ridiculous.

What makes current day gods any different to historical gods?

Hopefully you can see the flaw in your response.

You asked a question. I provided a brief response. You deny any such response?

The answers you require are online. I shouldn't need to obtain these for you if you were genuinely interested.

I'm not even op, but whatever.

no, i asked what good the atheist movement has done for the world, at least some one tried to anwser that, now my point on all this shit its, you are not better by being an atheist or a religious man most people on this world are stupid with or without religion, in the same way they are dicks, assholes and cunts with or withour religion.

Your right! No one cares about what you think. So get that banana out of your ass.

If argue atheist ARE better. They can do good knowing there's no reward at the end for doing good.

Ever notice how many big-time criminals convert and suddenly all is forgiven, or they're seen as better people for doing this?

It's like praying for a bike each Christmas and not getting one. Then realizing it's easier to just steal a bike and ask for forgivesness afterwards.

Religion is a joke in the 21st century.

Atheists represent humanity whilst religion is about spreading false hope and making money in the process.

Christian here, well i believe in god and that there was a supernatural being named jesus that came into the world and did tons of stuff so long ago. But this was also a diety that people liked

Were you told that at a young age by your parents or family by any chance? If not, were you at a low ebb in your life, desperate or succeptible?

It's normally how it creeps in like a virus.

anyway i guess i could try if i wanted but the thing its that i dont really care about atheism, my problem with atheist its that they talk like if their ideology could make the world better like if making the whole world secular with fix the human condition, to me its just another ideology and insulting the people that doest belive your ideology only show that you have the same vice that the people you are calling stupid. some people dont care or dont want to be put in the same category of any of those sides.

albert einstein was a cultural jew yet atheist keep using him as an example to prove their points even when he hated that

Atheism isn't the only answer. But it's better than putting ask your eggs in the religious basket.

Why not turn to family and friends for support as a more tangible option, instead of through a mythical man in the sky?

Why not revert to humanity, instead of blindly following the commandments set out in a story?

Why indoctrinate those who are succeptible And the young, if religion claims to be truth. If it's true, wouldn't this become evident when the person is old enough or better able to understand?

Humanity is about seeking the truth. We were all born naturally curious. Religion makes people stop searching when there much more to discover. Religion is humanity's biggest curse.

Good post! Also, truth

Kinda raise by it but didnt beleive, then had some whimsical moments and it made me beleive more. Nothings wrong with hope and id rather there be a heaven or hell than nothing. Hell even valhala would be better than just rotting in the earth. The afterlife is what you make it

doing things for no reward just gives you are high moral ground, doesnt exactly makes you better, if some one else does equal good beliving they will go to heaven then he can belive the fuck he wants because whats important its that people with problems is getting help.
and about the forgivnes and repent thing, how many big criminals were set free just by repenting of their sins? if the bastards thinks hes going to heaven just because hes scared of dying and going to a "hell" then let him fucking be, remember there is no hell of heaven. now a better argument could have been about how people that do horrible things use religion to hurt other people because they belive they are going to go to heaven because they died for their religion, you know like the jihad for example, but it seems that only a few brave atheist dare to talk about islam.

the answer to all that for me its

because i dont want to force my ideology on to my family in the same way they dont force me to go to church

people areound the western world already know that atheism is and if they want they can learn it by themself

also religion its not humanity's biggest curse, stupidity its the biggest curse, thats why there is alot of retarded religious people and alot of retarded atheist.

Ave!

By Summanus he's right.