Another night of existential anxiety

another night of existential anxiety.
how has everyone on Cred Forums come to terms that we're all going to not exist one day?

nietzsche

Personally I just distract myself.
By the time it happens I won't realize what has happened.

Realized that nonexistence is preferable to existence, but I have no incentive to end it myself. Prepared to die at any moment.

True existential philosophy based on nihilism. You won't be there when you don't exist so there isn't anything to be concerned about. Maybe the real question is if you actually exist now and when you don't exist in the future, it may not be any different, just a change of scenes in time like it is now, that we've never existed at all

This is going to sound really stupid, but here's my adaptation putting it as simply as I can:

Let's use an amusement park, I suppose. Okay, so, you are at an awesome amusement park, but the catch is you are only allowed there once in your lifetime. I feel like there are two people in this situation in the realm of basic thought:

1) Those who are going to enjoy it, even though they are never going to be able to again.

2) Those who are going to dread leaving the amusement park, and not even bother experiencing the park.

Which do you choose and why? Does it matter if all will become none some day if right now we can experience?

I hate ending with questions, but I'm curious to know your thoughts.

Existence is far more terrifying than non-existence. If it concerns you that much join a religion with a belief in an afterlife.

The Internet is immortal. Our legacy will continue until our universe evaporates unless it doesn't evaporate.

Go to bed gil

You all have life fucked up. It's a shame you ever came to exist in the first place.

he also knew the jews were not to be trusted

The universe and our existence is cyclic. You have already lived your life an infinite number of times and you will live it again an infinite number of times.

Fuck off. You give philosophy a bad name. I can already imagine the low level garbage you are about to spew. Berkeley philo grad here. Ugh

Two more:
those at the park, but enjoy some delusion of it.

those at the park that experience without dread or particular enjoyment.

Yeah, although I had panic attacks with that when I was 6. As I see it, since everything is ultimately meaningless, I just try to live my life with no regrets. I'd rather be doing something than doing nothing and then berating myself for wasting what little time I have on this earth.

I graduated from Georgetown. So there's that. Not spewing anything I'm asking you the question dumbass

Nigger, I work at the park and can't wait to clock out at the end of my shift.

wow what the fuck are you talking about that's pure gibberish

i barely exist right now

care to elaborate user

>almost overdosed today off of meth
>can't stop thinking about how language came to be
Fuck existing this shit is spooky

Honestly, I'm willing to bet the whole non-existence thing seems a whole lot worse than it really is.

The trouble is we're programmed to WANT to exist. Really really badly.

You just gotta think about it logically. Not existing isn't bad, it won't even suck.

You know how when you try to think about going to sleep, you find you can't sleep at all? Its the same thing, the more you think about it, the more stressed you get about it.

But when you relax, and just close your eyes a little, you slip away and Rest.

everything just seems so temporary, if that makes sense. no one really realizes they won't live forever though. I seem to be on the outside watching everyone live as if this is always going to be how it is

He felt the same way about the Christians. Called them "prophets of death," and hoped they would readily be granted their wish for the afterlife.

sounds like you wanna be depressed about it. you can either say fuck it, don't think about it, and enjoy whatever time you have

or you can sit there thinking man all these fucks are wasting their lives, while they're all enjoying the time they have and you just make yourself fall deeper into depression, truly wasting your lives.

I'm not gonna tell you, oh it's gonna be okay, nothing bad's gonna happen, god's gonna watch over you. That's what it seems like you want to hear, but if someone tells you that, either they're hiding a big secret or they're lying to you to make you feel better.

listen, think about wasting your life, and waste it sad. or think about wasting your life but enjoy the shit. if you knew you were gonna die tomorrow would you just sit at your computer thinking, oh fuck i'm gonna die tomorrow and go to Cred Forums and post about it, or would you actually do something? if you wouldn't actually go do something, then fuck me, continue asking pointless existential questions that no one here, or anywhere knows the answer to. up to you bud

wanna hear some responses to that

Sartre and Camus would disagree with your choice of Marcus Aurelius.
Παντων χρηματων μετρον εστιν ανθρωπος.

nothing matters except what you chose to matter.
i go after my goals and hope to give my children a better life than i had.

>do acid
>realize nothing is real
>aint worried bout nothin
>live life like a boss.

/thread

eternal progress of the soul