True Detective Season 1 is the greatest television series ever produced

Yes

>greatest television series ever produced
>Not "The Wire"

lolwat ?

good taste, my friend

the wire is a piece of trash

pretty long-winded for a miniseries.

I don't see how true detective (which actually is a decent show) could be better than the wire.

Maybe because of the famous blockbusters actors ?

Nah

>Season
>Series
Learn difference

Breaking Bad, you plebs.
Breaking fucking Bad.

This show were decent at the beginning, but the hype clearly ruined it all.

The last seasons were fucking plebeian, with guns, nazis, and all. The last episode is laughable.

THanks to god, Bryan Cranston is a fucking genious and saved it, but this is just an average show, with simplistc characters and plots.

"the wire" is a totally average basic show with no expectations other than average viewership and average hype

"breaking bad" was a totally hyped show with a HUGE beginning and a totaly expected letdown of an end

saying that either are amongst the "GREATEST" television shows would now only be unfair to other shows, but also generationally biased

HOWEVER - the breaking bad FLY episode was incredibly - the episode where they were down in the pollo loco lab trying to catch the fly........ that was insane genius... that was true innovation

other than that... pretty basic stuff

personaly i think season 2 is even better

Is English not your first language or are you just autistic?

when is season 3 coming out?

god tier bait

yes

Nah, for me it's Sopranos

season two pisses me off.
No closure.
It was his biological son the whole time. He was a shitty dad anyway.
Shit was all over the place.

Vince Vaughn trying to his best Rust Cohle impersonation every week made me rofl, so that was something.

>Not Breaking Bad

Season 1 is GOD TIER.

To all the other faggots: The Wire is God Tier as well but you can't compare. Two different shows.

Fucking morons.

>liking the fly episode

Found the pretentious faggot

>"the wire" is a totally average basic show with no expectations other than average viewership and average hype

Kek. Just no, The Wire is known for being a high quality show, with a very objective POV and a very realistic plot.

True Detective was slow as fuck and ended up with a retarded occult supernatural storyline.

Everyone was praising the single take action sequence in ep 4 but the fighting was poorly done so it didn't work as well as it could have.

Only good part about the show was that it kept you guessing until the last couple eps.

For any of you faggots looking for a surprisingly brilliant crime series to watch try Love/Hate. It's set in Dublin and you're gonna need subtitles.

There are 6 seasons. It's on Netflix and Hull. First 2 episodes are slow then the pace picks up significantly after that.

CIA from the Wire is in it. And some IRA gangsters in season 3.

I tried to watch the wire but it felt like very tv-budget. For some reason I just couldn't buy into it.

True detective 1 was probably the most bought-in I have ever been with a TV show. Most of that is down to McConaughey who put in a fucking blinding performance and ably supported by Harrelson who is a top notch actor but the role was more understated than Rust's.

Second series sucked a massive penis though.

>people judging the wire didn't even watch the whole season 1
>people expecting season 2 of True Detective to be as excellent as season 1 despite the different actors and storyline
>people arguing over which is the "greatest" show like children

I actually enjoyed True Detective season 2, ofc it wasn't as good as season 1 but come on it was still way above your average show
>inb4 blind h8