I have a question Cred Forums Does anyone here identify with a religion because i feel this place is so depraved of god...

I have a question Cred Forums Does anyone here identify with a religion because i feel this place is so depraved of god that no reasonable person would regularly browse here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JFQBqJdiRDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most of the religious faggots here (and in general) stick to the same insurance policy beliefs. Basically "ill just pretend to believe so if hell DOES exist i can avoid it, better be safe than sorry". Religion as usual, ruling through fear, yes ill go ahead and tip my fedora now

I'm actually catholic and have pretty good faith. But I unfortunately live in the middle of nowhere so I can't go to church.

how fedorable.

What..? Theres a church in every single city basically

I only belive in dook nukem

Gnostic Luciferianism. Different from satanism and staying away from that whole edgy cringe bullshit that goes along with the Church of Satan and Anton LaVey.

I believe in the Christian god, I just think I'm not acting the way a Christian should. I think if I died today I'd go to hell.

Trust me, its still edgy cringe bullshit

I am Muslim but I like bacon.

This

What a terrible fate, for a pig to have to come into contact with a dune coon, at least he will be dead

For the general record...

It is God, not god. Any true believer knows this.

i'm a jew

I heard if you dont capitalize his name you go to hell

Yes it is an abomination. But it is a tasty abomination. Praise Allah!!!

Nope im a typical athiest with a linear thought pattern thats unable to come to my own conclusions and therefore i just follow the trend. And christians are gay, how can they believe in a giant man in the sky. Haha. Idiots

I don't need religion to know God. I'm a spiritual agnostic, I claim no absolute knowledge as to whether God exists but I personally choose to believe in Him/Her/It anyway, but my specific beliefs about Him/Her/It don't align with any particular religion.

I'm a nothing, I believe in nothing.

>bashes athiests for simply following a trend
>doesnt realize thats literally how religion started and his shitty quote could be directly applied to religous people as well
>doesnt realize people will follow any stupid movement
Autism to the extreme

Yeah, I'm a Christian myself, but I have my issues with the church and the organization of the faith these days.

excuse me i'm an unrelated user ( ) and i'm autistic and i'm offended

Go cry in a corner.

Falls for troll baits on Cred Forums. Atheist confirmation pending

why? that seems unnecessary

please apologize

>city

Thats funny user.

I'm sorry that your mother didn't chose abortion.

all the religions are wrong. i saw the future once.

this means that the future is predestined and we have no free will; my situation required that i would suddenly quit my job, move 1200 miles back home to a state i'd never want to see again, meet an old drug dealer who brought me to a new drug dealer i'd never met where i'd buy LSD for the first time and get my first bag of weed and he'd demand that we leave his house and drive across town and to another apartment where i saw some fucking stupid cowboy fuck in a fluorescent shirt with a bottle of beer come around a corner and replay the moment i saw in a dream 4 months earlier.

all the religions allow for free will. they are all wrong.

here's a mix i did once.

youtube.com/watch?v=JFQBqJdiRDE

why? abortion seems like it would have been unnecessary considering i am now healthy and productive

please apologize for using "autistic" as an insult

>autism levels skyrocketing

that was rude, please apologize for using "autistic" as an insult twice

Christian. Don't go to church. Believe faith and religion are a personal choice. I don't push my faith on other people. That's why it's called FAITH. You either believe or not. That's just my personal opinion.

To rephrase this anons post and address a more sophisticated crowd, he's referring to pascals wager. Its like the religious lottery. Gotta play to win!

Come on now. You dont really believe that if you died now you would be somehow transported to a realm of eternal pain and suffering (that of which would only harm a physical body and not a transcendent spirit). Lets use logic people.

Yes, we believe in nothing lebowski!

Personally I believe when you die your soul goes to heaven (returns to God) and your body goes to hell (rots in the ground), no matter HOW you've lived. What makes the difference is which one is you. Are you the body or the soul? This is what will decide how "you" are judged.

Why is faith a good thing? I mean, if it is a leap of faith that you admit to, why not then believe in persephone, thor, or any character created my civilization. I appreciate that you dont push your faith on other people, but im curious as to why you even hold faith? I mean, its believing in something with zero evidence. It shouldn't be a virtue.

Nihilist

I dont know how to say this without offending you but that appears to be the babbling of a delirious man. How can you assume these things?

Assume? What do you mean assume? I believe it, I don't assume it.

Thats the most retarded pile of fucking drivle ive ever had the misfortune of reading

Theyre interchangeable and that post was pointless. Let me rephrase so that you cannot wiggle your way out with word play. What evidence has come to you that has granted you such a solid foundation for belief/assumption. Or should i assume that you simply assume it ;)

Not my fault you don't understand the difference between having faith in something and assuming it's true.

They're both acts of belief without evidence, but the difference is that faith is when your belief is motivated by whimsy and you damn well know it but choose to continue believing it anyway, whereas an assumption is when your belief is motivated by some practical cause and you don't necessarily recognize the logical possibility that it's untrue.

they're not interchangeable

see:

Sure, youre right. Lets cut the bullshit then. Now that youve picked your word out, why "faith". Why believe without evidence? Is it fear of what comes after? Is this what fuels your illogical beliefs.

No. As I said above, what fuels them is whimsy.

I believe these things because I feel they're philosophically elegant.

Well that sounds nice when you use big words. But really youre saying it sounds nice, therefore you believe it? Thats not really a good reason to believe something.

I'm Hindu but I was just kinda raised like this? I dunno if that counts

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

I disagree. I think it's a fine reason to believe something. Not a good reason to put STOCK in something, I'll give you that. But there's no harm in just believing it. Just because you want to. That's fine.

That's another difference between belief and assumption: an assumption is usually made to be trusted for a practical purpose, whereas a belief doesn't have to be.

Thats how most people are religious. They were raised that way. And because they were raised that way, all of the evidence/critical thinking in the world cannot sway them. This is how we know religion is not dictated by reason. If it were, then we would not see a relation to religion by geography.

It doesnt slightly occur to you that you may be deluding yourself? I mean, if you admit there's no reason to believe it other than it sounding elegant, then why even hold the belief still? And believe is a strong word. You have no doubts that this is the way things go when you die? Isnt that slightly arrogant? Im open to a world of possibilities but im not going to believe in anything because theres no evidence that we can test against it.

Also, just out of curiosity, what part of suffering for eternity is elegant to you? The grandmaster of morality (who never intervened while 6 million people were burned alive) is going to decide whether you suffer for eternity or go to heaven? This is repulsive

>It doesnt slightly occur to you that you may be deluding yourself?
No, not at all. Again, a delusion usually has to serve a practical purpose, and/or be involuntary. My belief is voluntary and without purpose.

>I mean, if you admit there's no reason to believe it other than it sounding elegant, then why even hold the belief still?
Because it sounds elegant.

>And believe is a strong word. You have no doubts that this is the way things go when you die? Isnt that slightly arrogant?
Of course I have doubts. Perhaps we use the word "belief" differently. I personally believe you can believe something and also doubt it.

>Im open to a world of possibilities but im not going to believe in anything because theres no evidence that we can test against it.
That's fine with me.

>no reasonable person would regularly browse here
That is obvious belief without the evidenca. Religious idiouts eat such shit and never try to think of it closely

As I said before, the soul doesn't suffer for eternity. Only the body does. For anyone who has lived more connected to their soul than to their body -- REGARDLESS of what they believe -- this thought should come as a comfort. As for anyone who's lived more connected to their body than to their soul, they surely are the kind of person who wouldn't care.

What's elegant about it to me is the duality of the matter. Murderers, rapists, and the like, they live more connected to their bodies, but they still have souls. Innocent souls. And although these people themselves will suffer forever for what they've done, as is just, the fragments of innocence and good intentions that still exist within them will be freed unto heaven regardless. A certain part of everyone is blameless no matter what. That part will never be forsaken to hell, no matter what happens to the body. That's what's elegant about it to me.

My own guilt is not what motivates me to believe this. I'm motivated by my desire to see even the worst people receive the compassion all people deserve.

Drugs are bad mmmkay.

The Devoided Following.
Basically we should all die, as existence is painful and unnecessary.

The fact that you have to resort to making fun of me is just proof you can offer no good reason why I shouldn't continue believing this. ("It's probably not true" is true, but not a good reason.)

Also agnostic, but I just don't give a shit.
No solid proof, so I don't believe. Jesus' face on toast isn't solid proof, either.

>implying i care

>uses the idc defense
>started the argument
pick one

I was raised Christian, baptized Catholic. I don't follow organized religion. Too many contradictions all around.

I just calls it how I sees it faggot, your psychosis resembles that of a drug fiend.

well i mean that's blatantly not true but ok