What is it like to have an IQ of 85?

What is it like to have an IQ of 85?

If you attended a selective school (public or private) and attended an elite university before going into a professional career, it's quite possible that you have never had a good friend - or even more than an acquaintance - with an IQ of 85. You may meet them in passing; they might be serving you in a fast food restaurant or cleaning the halls outside the library at Harvard, but you're not really interacting with them. You don't get to know them.

What are they actually like in terms of their thinking?

When they are presented with something like a Presidential election, how do they decide which candidate (if any) to vote for?

When they see something happen like a rocket landing on a barge or CRISPR being used to edit genes, what do they think?

When they look at people in life who are richer or happier than them, what do they make of it? Why do they think it happens?

And do they know about their intellectual limits - and, if so, how do they feel about them? I would imagine that they feel quite bitter; like you might feel if you ended up being 5ft 2" or having a 4" penis.

Do they yearn to be more intelligent? Do they hope that one day there will be some scientific advance that will make them more like the doctors, lawyers and scientists they see in the media?

Or are they happy as they are?

lads?

Their lives are eco chambers. That's how they develop whatever beliefs they hold. Being eco chambers, no new information comes in, so they don't really know what a gene is for example.

I like to think that the difference between a high IQ person and a low IQ person is that it just takes the low IQ person longer to learn something.

I've watched documentaries and seen news pieces on "geniuses" who pick up second languages effortlessly and learn at such an accelerated pace that they're in college by age 12.

Meanwhile, it takes "average people" a lot of time to fully comprehend new things. I'm definitely in that average median (hell, maybe even lower). I like to think I'm a smart person, but it definitely takes me a while to grasp new things.

Actually, the average American (USA) is now around an IQ of 80... halfway between the accepted high functioning retard (60) and what average is SUPPOSED to be (100). I'm a US citizen and I hate the growing number of stupid people here. I feel like the stupid is infecting me. Anything that I say to correct any of them, even done politely, that contradicts what they believe to their core (TV don't lie!) really enrages them... their numbers are growing and once smart people are becomming dumber too. I think it's a virus here.

This is wrong. A low IQ person doesn't have the faculties to EVER learn certain things. Take it as they have a small bowl to fill. Only simple things fit in the bowl, while the intricate things spill out. Only a certain amount of stuff can be in the bowl at once and things have to be removed for new stuff to replace it. I would say it is this in a nutshell.

did you mean echo chamber?

op

Dated a girl with an 85 IQ who barely graduated high school for a year. Constant faceplam: cant believe you believe that/dont understand. Towards end flat out told her that the only time she should open her mouth was when I whip out my dick.

Nope, this is plain wrong. You can actually learn for IQ tests, psychologists just dont want you to believe this as it would pretty much invalidate IQ tests.

Also knowledge and iq are two seperate things, though the chances are that if you know more, you've learned more and therfore have a higher IQ

How dare you bring FACTS to Cred Forums!?!?

A bowl that selectively holds things based on complexity... Great analogy bro.

They're happy you dumb ass, everything you think they would crave is what you crave from being a spoilt entitled brat who never had a friend in his life and who couldn't hold a conversation with anyone let alone their future whistling, happy, gets laid twice a week, drinks with his buddies, street sweeper.

Best you just kill yourself now, end the species cancer that is your seed and save the future generations countless hours of anguish having to tolerate your potential offspring. Post results.

Low IQ detectored

85 says: ?

If you've ever spoken to a black American, you've spoken to someone with an IQ that is around 85, on average.

I grew up poor, so I've known a lot of blacks and dumb whites. On average, they are probably slightly happier than people who are intelligent enough to realize how fucked the world truly is. They have a tendency to live in their own little worlds full of small joys and concerns.

>And do they know about their intellectual limits - and, if so, how do they feel about them? I would imagine that they feel quite bitter; like you might feel if you ended up being 5ft 2" or having a 4" penis.
I very seldom meet a simple person who fully grasps their own simplicity. Most seem to be in denial, which is probably for the best.

The American average is 97. You have to go to a country that is majority nonwhite and non Asian to find iqs in the 80s.

Well I'm quite sure that nobody with an IQ of 85 is going to attend any universities unless we are speaking about USA, since it's pay2win there.

Anyway IQ of 85 counts as being mentally challenged, which means decreased cognitive processes compared to a person with an IQ of 100 for example.
Cognitive procesesses are: memory, ability to speak, thinking, sight and problem solving. In a guy with so low IQ I'd bet that he has a bad memory, which is one of the most important cognitive processes, because it enables many of them.
Also their theory of the mind is very likely weak, meaning that they can't think about things in many perspectives. The stronger the theory of the mind gets, the larger the perspectives you are able to use also get. Simply speaking, you are able to think about how you interacting with someone will look like to an outsider for example, or you understand why some behavior is wrong on a large scale, while it might be acceptable for you to do it right now.

And most likely they aren't that aware of their imparement in intellectual abilities, since there is some proof of a bias, which causes the lowest quarter of any given skill category to overestimate their level of ability by great amounts.
The more you know, the more you also know you don't know.

You can study for any test by getting good at the subject matter and you know who does that faster? High iq people.

Doubt they are bitter cause they dont know any better. the smarter you are the more unhappy you are cause you know how fucked up things are cause you see things others dont. the dumber you are the more happy you are. FACTS

Knowing how fucked up things are is knowledge, not intelligence.

Consider it a PC that only plays simpler, low res games. It plays DOOM like a charm but unreal tournament like balls. I am science

Dumbest fucking opinion I've seen all night; and guess what! It says NOTHING about your IQ.

Ignorance is blizz basement jax

>Well I'm quite sure that nobody with an IQ of 85 is going to attend any universities
Laughable. You must be European.

You need a C average to get accepted to most state schools, e.g., CSULA. You need even less to get accepted if you're black, female, hispanic, an athlete, etc.

I met people—namely black athletes—at my four year university who could barely read and write.

>unless we are speaking about USA, since it's pay2win there
It's the opposite; thanks to white guilt, our universities use affirmative action as a means of social engineering to balance the scales of power. It is much, MUCH easier to get into an elite school if you're a middle class black than if you're a white kid from a rich family.

>Is killing wrong?
>Which number comes next in this sequence?
Related questions, right?

Your MBA style of thinking says it all

Yeah, but dude you do realize that in Finland, where I live, it's a lot different.
Those black kids bearly able to read and write would never get into an university here.
You need to pass an exam here to get into any given school and those exams are the hardest exams in the whole nordic school system.

In USA you can get into an university if you just pay money, but it will not nessecarily be the best one.

right on the money

Your IQ is a measure of your critical thinking. It reflects nothing upon your insight. Ignorance is not bliss. Bliss is reconciling your knowledge with what you believe.