The Earth we live on is Flat

The Earth we live on is Flat.

Countless times a thread has been made to aid education and to invoke some form of free thinking to fellow B/ros. Yet, very few see the truth, nor take the opportunity.

To those that make the typical remarks that there is no proof the world is Flat, well lets test this theory.

I challenge you to watch the below Youtube video, listen to what is said and watch what has been shown, then, only then look at "debunking" it. Because these are all facts in argument to what NASA have claimed over the years - Using there own theories, testing them and disputing them.

TLDR: Earth = Flat > Watch Video > Prove me wrong (Counter evidence required)

Pro tip: You Can't.

Video: youtu.be/h5i_iDyUTCg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h-O3ASU7L4M
youtube.com/watch?v=-4aRTksjQas
youtube.com/watch?v=zkij8a8cNp4
intrepidtravel.com/antarctica?PPC=Y&gclid=CjwKEAjw34i_BRDH9fbylbDJw1gSJAAvIFqUYCyUBZNqX2nzRS_PbI0Y5JrhV1OEeBvHuq1MFkHRCBoCLcDw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP6_itDYoM8CFVSUvAod-cMHgw
epod.usra.edu/blog/2008/02/canigou-mountain-from-marseille-france.html
youtube.com/watch?v=njCDZWTI-xg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We live in the future, dumb fuck, any asshole can strap a gopro to a high altitude balloon or rocket and see the curvature of the earth

thanks for making this thread on Cred Forums and not one of the topical boards, though.

retard

Nice to see you didn't even attempt at watching the video. You didn't allow a fair rational debate to take place.

You simply denied it, mocked the thread and made yourself look even more ignorant than before.

Congratulations.

The earth is hollow, moron

Are you mentally retarded??
The world would be a better place without you, please go off yourself :D

yeah im not watching your video. op is a troll or deluded idiot. /thread

That is a statement, less so factual based.

Try again.

Eat a bag of shit, retard.

A man once thought he could fly across an ocean, others called me crazy.

You lack the ability for rational debate.

Ignorance is bliss? Scared to think different? To look at the evidence?

The delusion is you believing just because Wiki told you so, it must be real.

If you think the world is flat, then I implore you to walk off the edge of it.
/thread
Inb4 inb4

Dubs confirmed earth is hollow

>Countless times a thread has been made to aid education and to invoke some form of free thinking to fellow B/ros. Yet, very few see the truth, nor take the opportunity.

that's because unlike you, they are not scientifically illiterate, and can see how stupid you are.

A lovely take on this thread, well done for continuing the ignorance based society we live in.

Pro tip: Don't have kids.

I just got cancer watching 2 minutes of that utter bullshit. You can almost hear his fedora

That flat moon disk tho.

>Ignorance is bliss? Scared to think different? To look at the evidence?

No, I have better things to do with my life. Like watching paint dry.

Foucault's Pendulum

/thread

You lack the knowledge behind the Flat earth layout.

Space is infinite, to an extent, yet no question? Why not the same, to an extent for a Flat earth?

You have no idea what you doing, nor talking about. The internet allows for information to be shared.

Where's the edge of the earth then faggot? Where is it at? Kill yourself retard

Some people eat the paint chips.
Information is corruptible. Anything can be made sound- this does not make it valid.

Could you in those two minutes, dispute the claims laid out?

I thought not. You warped mind couldn't handle the conflict. I am sorry for your loss.

Fucking ball tards thinking gravity exists.

You're saying earth infinitely goes on? Then why can jets fly completely around it and arrive right back where they were?

Dubs are the only evidence we need here, as they show the divine intervention of Kek.
Where are yours?

You shut your fucking mouth you fucking faggot. Maybe this shit would have been funny years ago but that time has long passed. Get off my Cred Forums you horrendous faggot and commit suicide. You offer nothing to this site and this world so why don't you just end it? You probably typed that out with your Cheetos covered fingers, stroking your neck beard while you consider what to write next, all while you grin as if what you're doing is clever. This thread is going to die along with your shit post so that little feeling of happiness you get pressing that post button is going to fade you faggot. You'll realize you're back in your depressing rut of a life that is waking up, jerking off, eating, getting on Cred Forums, being retarded, jerking off, eating, getting on Cred Forums, jerking off, eating, sleeping, and repeat. Your parents probably raised you hoping you'd turn out to something important and helpful to society but here you are, a filthy neckbeard, with nothing better to contribute to society but typing out stupid shit on an anonymous image board. Seriously just end it, you make me as well as everyone else around you sick.

i can't look over and see some niggers in africa? look over and see people in brazil? you can't fucking look over and see people in other fucking countries?

Try jumping off a building to make sure.

>Information is corruptable

Yet would not consider NASA and your Government lying to you.

Classic double standards there. Well done.

Look into yourself. Only then will you understand. Look at one map of what the flat earth would look like. It's even on Wiki.

Learn to research.

They don't. Look at flight paths on various websites. They show you world map imagery that doesn't go straight around the world.

Seriously, the ignorance.

Erm, the Earth is moving upwards at 32 meters per second faggot, do your research son.

this thread is such shit bait with all the cucks going along with it, then there are complete faggots living a lie thinking, "oh boy finally someone else believes my completely false 'theory'!" kek you faggots taking this shitty bait

You only said they were lying. This does not make it true.

That's not a fact if I've ever seen one. Of course, you don't think I've seen one, because it's you versus the world- you don't even know as to whether I am a skeptic of all things, either.

Whatever makes the world more convenient for you, do it.

sage goes in all fields

I don't know what drugs you're on, but i want some.

youtube.com/watch?v=h-O3ASU7L4M
youtube.com/watch?v=-4aRTksjQas
youtube.com/watch?v=zkij8a8cNp4
sage

You are an embarrassment to centuries of technological and scientific advancement. Humans figured out the Earth was round MILLENIA ago. And now, with all of the knowledge humans have ever gathered at your fucking fingertips, you believe the Earth is flat? What about the coriolis effect? The movement of the stars? The difference stars north and southof the equator? The seasons? Time zones? Gravity? Circumnavigation? Lunar eclipses? The fact we've measured the curvature of the earth countless times? Seriously, believing in this garbage doesn't make you smarter than everyone else. It makes you delusional.

It's called not being a fucking sheep and believing everything you re spoon fed.

I don't trust anyone called dopefish

Do you feel better? Flexing your muscles over the internet. Well contributed.

Density and Buoyancy are not the same as Gravity.

No, obviously not. People are tiny over vast distance, you should know that at least. Watch the video, you'll see.

>believing everything you re spoon fed
That came from someone who believes in flat earth.

A ride in a hot air balloon or jet looking at the horizon and seeing the curvature of the earth completely disproves your age old retarded myth.

End your life

Try going to the antartic. You'll die either by reaching the edge and jumping off or by a government puppet before reaching.

Kek confirms Dopefish is not trustworthy

Have you ever gone to the Antarctic?

If the earth is flat then explain sunsets.

You haven't watched the video. It points out many flaws with what you claim to be true. You seriously have no clue what you are talking about.
Science evolves and is open for debate, yet you refuse to learn and see what others have concluded based on evidence presented as current truth. Yet no one can dispute these truths.

Do YOUR research, or remain delusional yourself.

Shit b8

>Asks people to provide counter evidence
>literally in the first 30 seconds a claim is made about all photographs show flat horizon
>anything else is fake CGI
>provides no evidence

I literally do not need to watch the remaining 2 hours. I already know it is going to be tinfoil hat territory with little to no evidence.

Inb4 he took the b8

intrepidtravel.com/antarctica?PPC=Y&gclid=CjwKEAjw34i_BRDH9fbylbDJw1gSJAAvIFqUYCyUBZNqX2nzRS_PbI0Y5JrhV1OEeBvHuq1MFkHRCBoCLcDw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP6_itDYoM8CFVSUvAod-cMHgw

Sounds like a hell of a drug. If you don't do it via spoon, do you snort it?

Nope, I did my research. You did none and just believe what a pathetically educated elementary school teacher told you.

This vid is cancerous bullshit. This are not 200 reasons, its the same five reasons told over and over again in diferent ways

lol your homogay

gr8 tr8ple80m8

Debunking a flat earth is actually very easy. Things are mutually gravitated towards other things' centers of mass. Every point on a sphere is equidistant from the center point, so no matter where you are on Earth, gravity is only pushing you towards the ground. On a flat earth, as you move away from the center, gravity is pushing down to the ground AND towards the center point, so no one would ever be able to just stand in place like we can on Earth.

What the video, it explains that fully. With researched evidence. Honestly.

ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED
------------
Just watch the video to see, then argue the point.

Stop being sheep and learn, watch something that goes against the status quo. I did, and I've found this evidence more compelling.

gr8 d8bs m8 k8k c8nf8rm

And you did your research on a fucking youtube video. Hmm

This is cringey. Nof the proof. But th obnoxious piece of shjt1 barking in the back. Lololololololol

I'm not watching your shit for 2 hours, explain it to me.

Ad hominem, is all you've got. You're pretty much the same as religious people in you dogmatic belief.

8/8

How about you think for your self and stop getting your ideologies from fucking vsauce videos.

ok, so I'm 5 mins in to the video and so far he's mentioned the same thing several times: in construction you don't take into account the curvature of the earth. for example the trainline he talks about should go higher and then lower.

>it does

The reason it doesn't show on any plans is that altitude is measured against the local sea level not the level at the train line's origin or at it's destination.

Gonna carry on watching but so far there's literally no sources or decent explanations of the "proofs" (illeterate fuck) and nothing about the following:

In Marseille (south of france) it's been noted on several occasions that you can see the top of mount Canigou due to the lensing effect of light travelling through different layers of air (the same way a pencil looks distorted in water or the shimmer you get above a black surface on a hot day like on a road)
epod.usra.edu/blog/2008/02/canigou-mountain-from-marseille-france.html

The moon which we can all see quite clearly has cycles, these have been observed for centuries and farmers and fishermen have used it's cycles to predict tides and seasons.

The only object that would appear as a crescent in the sky due to be illuminated at an angle is a sphere. A disk can either be illuminated or not.

The same can be demonstrated on earth:

In the US the sunrise happens at a completely different time than here in in the UK.
I was lucky enough to see this firsthand when on a plane back from las vegas.
I saw the sun rise in vegas and set during our flight back to the UK, by the time we arrived the sun was coming up again.

There are literally hundreds of experiments you can try for yourself to prove these points.
There's also a hilarious video of some guy from Iceland I think, talking about the fact they only get 2-3 hours of sunlight a day and he has to take pills and sit in front of a UV lamp to avoid vitamin D deficiency.

Is the sun flat too?

been looking for that pic. thanks

Hmmmnnnooooope.

Let's not go there, because we can go there. Religion is not equivalent to what you're thinking of.

So are all pilots in on the conspiracy too? Or do they just think they're travelling in a straight line, when really they're going in a circle?

Why would I need to waste time by watching a shitty conspiracy theory? How can you be so retarded to think the world is flat?

lol no shit buddy. Other people are here too why not educate a little

it makes them scientifically illiterate.

It is a damning reflection on the quality of education for so many, that the entire concept of a flat earth can be argued for by these people.

The worst thing is that they revel in their ignorance, claiming that they are "enlightened", that those who understand the basic facts of reality are "sheeple", and so on.

Pathetic, really.

Graduated Scientists > Youtube Theorists.

>Stop being sheep

This youtube video must be all facts, I'm not going to do any real research myself or question the authenticity of the studies or resources used.

You obviously didn't/haven't yet gone to Uni.

Well, you believe in something that has no verifiable proof that you can confirm. You can't see it faggot, how is that different to believing in an invisible God?

nope, earth is not flat, its cube.

OMG U GUIZ OP JUST MAKES ME SO ANGRRYYY!!!

Honestly, do some research.

Someone just got completely rekt. Suck it, OP.

Not in what you might called "me". But I am not so closed-minded to think earth is one way or another. Nor to not question authorities and governments at all times. Are you closed-minded and just accept the "official" story of everything?

slow claps*
steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell.
But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps?
Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart.
The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails.
Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit.
The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^).
It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to.
Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...

Shitty troll imo. But Im more mad that you're trying so hard while using such perfect grammar trying to be intelligent. Stop it.

This video is a glimpse into how deep the rabbit hole goes.

It's designed to make you question what YOU know and provide you with some information to go and further research yourself.

You don't go to Uni and know everything, idiot.

One thing to say: Nasa's famous sunrise video from Mars.

No, seriously tell me. Explain to me how every pilot in the world is involved in this conspiracy. I'd love to hear it.

Fun Fact: Einstein's Relativity Theory had round Earth as base.

Even more fun fact: You're not smarter than Einstein, faggots.

Why do people even give a shit that the world is round, or flat to the retards. Did you know football are not round they are flat when a faggot like you touches it

baby you done it

>“Of course, your science is just a religion like ours. Fundamentally, science just comes down to faith, doesn’t it?”
Well, science is not religion and it doesn’t just come down to faith. Although it has many of religion’s virtues, it has none of its vices. Science is based upon verifiable evidence. Religious faith not only lacks evidence, its independence from evidence is its pride and joy, shouted from the rooftops. Why else would Christians wax critical of doubting Thomas? The other apostles are held up to us as exemplars of virtue because faith was enough for them. Doubting Thomas, on the other hand, required evidence.

One reason I receive the comment about science being a religion is because I believe in the fact of evolution... to some, this may superficially look like faith. But the evidence that makes me believe in evolution is not only overwhelmingly strong; it is freely available to anyone who takes the trouble to read up on it. Anyone can study the same evidence that I have and presumably come to the same conclusion. But if you have a belief that is based solely on faith, I can’t examine your reasons. You can retreat behind the private wall of faith where I can’t reach you.

Now in practice, of course, individual scientists do sometimes slip back into the vice of faith, and a few may believe so single-mindedly in a favorite theory that they occasionally falsify evidence. However, the fact that this sometimes happens doesn’t alter the principle that, when they do so, they do it with shame and not with pride. The method of science is so designed that it usually finds them out in the end.

Oh yeah, that couldn't be faked ever, right.

Humans have a great hunger for explanation. It may be one of the main reasons why humanity so universally has religion, since religions do aspire to provide explanations. We come to our individual consciousness in a mysterious universe and long to understand it. Most religions offer a cosmology and a biology, a theory of life, a theory of origins, and reasons for existence. In doing so, they demonstrate that religion is, in a sense, science; it’s just bad science. Don’t fall for the argument that religion and science operate on separate dimensions and are concerned with quite separate sorts of questions. Religions have historically always attempted to answer the questions that properly belong to science. Thus religions should not be allowed now to retreat away from the ground upon which they have traditionally attempted to fight. They do offer both a cosmology and a biology; however, in both cases it is false.

Consolation is harder for science to provide. Unlike religion, science cannot offer the bereaved a glorious reunion with their loved ones in the hereafter. Those wronged on this earth cannot, on a scientific view, anticipate a sweet comeuppance for their tormentors in a life to come. It could be argued that, if the idea of an afterlife is an illusion (as I believe it is), the consolation it offers is hollow. But that’s not necessarily so; a false belief can be just as comforting as a true one, provided the believer never discovers its falsity. But if consolation comes that cheap, science can weigh in with other cheap palliatives, such as pain-killing drugs, whose comfort may or may not be illusory, but they do work.

Okay, I was just trolling and I'm not going to read what you painstakingly wrote. U mad m8?

Yet you didn't see the flaws in his own argument?
As a sheep you just agreed and joined in "with winning the battle" Without any research of your own.

But I would want to deny even the lesser charge of purely verbal zealotry. There is a very, very important difference between feeling strongly, even passionately, about something because we have thought about and examined the evidence for it on the one hand, and feeling strongly about something because it has been internally revealed to us, or internally revealed to somebody else in history and subsequently hallowed by tradition. There’s all the difference in the world between a belief that one is prepared to defend by quoting evidence and logic and a belief that is supported by nothing more than tradition, authority, or revelation.

Son, I told you you didn't want to go there. I don't even have to write this stuff.

something to entertain the rational, sane people while these idiots come up with ideas.

Even more fun facts: He was wrong.

sorry dubs, but earth is flat and hollow

A'ight, lemme ask a question.

So what?

Honestly, WHY would be the point in the government needing to lie about this?

And who cares? Our lives are so insignificant compared to the grand scheme of things.

It's not that we're sheeple, or are afraid of going against the status quo, you're just going against it for the sake of going against it
the fact that you're grasping at straws to justify it then turning around and calling us sheep is fucking hilarious

OWNED. Eat dick OP f

And just tell me why the fuck do you believe this complete bullshit? Because you think you're special, stupid tinfoil fucker? It's one of the most retarded theory I know, and I can't believe that still some degenerate fedora wearing fat fucks believe this.

Tips Fedora.

kek

>Internet theorist that never gone to Antarctica.
>Still sure there's an edge there, because potato.

vs

>Graduated scientists that have gone there.
>Real-time Satellites.

It's hard to say what's more unbelievable. The scientific illiteracy, or OP believing that every single government and scientist on the planet is lying about the shape of the Earth.

The Earth we live on is Round.

Countless times a thread has been made to shit on education and to fade any form of free thinking to fellow B/ros. Yet, every one except you see the truth, and has taken the opportunity.

To those that makes the typical remarks there is proof the world is Flat, well let's test this theory.

I challenge you to travel east, and only east, and see if you travel around the world or get killed by the governement.

TLDR : OP is a faggot that suck big dicks with big spinning balls.

The CIA created the Flat earth theory to make conspiracy theories in general look stupid

iv litteraly seen the curve of the earth from the window of a plane

>implying there's even an earth
we're in a fucking simulation. nothing is even real

OP here. Of course it is. However, the moon is round. How fucking retarded are you? Get out of my face.

>i believe everything anyone tells me
Think for yourself and the an hero, faggot.

Wow, just... wow. I used to think all you flat earthers were just stupid or trolls but after watching this and listening to your very reasonable arguments I don't know what to think anymore! It's like I was lied to all through school and my early life and didn't even know it, maybe the reason why so many people oppose this brave and radical theory is because they are afraid to question what they were told all through life.

You have given me so much to think about user, thank you so much! OP was totally not a faggot today.

>Being this retarded

The moon is not round its a 2d image man. Look at it its full 2d has no 3d features at all

Fuck your stupid video, your idiotic dribble is not worth my time.

>look at any droplet of water in zero grav
>realize that we live on a giant droplet of water in zero grav
>kill yourself

Each one of you say something different! How are we supposed to take you seriously? Fucking imbeciles!

please stop posting in this threads. I know you want to wreck OP but this is just bait guys. Really really nasty bait.

OP here, seriously, how could you possibly think anyone could confond you with me ?
The moon if flat, the sun is flat, and the earth is flat too.

Look at the video instead of roleplaying like that.

See:

Not sure if bait or you just grew a neckbeard.

ur an idiot ... no scientist goes out to prove theories... any real scientist focuses on disproving theories ..

if ur mind set is set on proving something you're just gonna ignore any evidence that disputes it ...fucking amateurs

Guaranteed op won't reply. If he does he will just say some bullshit like do some research.

>The CIA created the Flat earth theory to make conspiracy theories in general look stupid

That's impressive, when were the CIA doing time travel?

the CIA was founded in 1947 by President Truman.
the Flat Earth theories were published in 1881, by Samuel Rowbotham in his book "Zetetic Astronomy: Earth Not a Globe".

Like the flat-earthers, it helps to fact-check ideas BEFORE you say them, as you otherwise make yourself look stupid too.

9/11 was a inside job do some research

>implying
Are you so closed-minded that you can't think for yourself and believe whatever any agency tells you? Topu keko

> Inb4 op is a faggot or its bait

You dummy.

If everything is fake, we have no in-world measure for real. Therefore, as there is no opposite to all of the fakeness, everything is only fake.

All we can know about, is what is fake. And then we have no concept of fake, because there is no real to contrast it to. Therefore... everything may as well be real, because the words "real" and "fake" have no bearing on us.

There is damnit evidence all around us that the earth is flat! Don't you see? NASA can't even manage to keep its own facts straight! I garentee you that no matter what textbook you look in or official image you look up the EARTH LOOKS DIFFERENT IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! It's almost like they didn't even want to try and make it seem like a believable fake, I could do better with Microsoft paint!

Hey waitaminute.
What do governments and scientists have to gain by concocting this huge conspiracy that the Earth is a sphere?
I mean, I don't think ordinary schlubby people who work at the water treatment plant or Taco Bell or wherever are probably going to care much one way or the other.
It doesn't directly affect their lives too much, so why all this time, effort and expense to fool people.

This is the best argument you got ? Holy fuck lmao

Also, checked

so by flat do u mean like square or something???? whats on the other side how do i get there and at one point will i just fall ????? like dont call it fucking flat its not 2d and we dig miles underground so whats under there make a fucking point dont just deny the arguments that disprove or question u dumbfucks

I am OP and I haven't responded to this because, if the writer did watch longer, instead of instantly disputing 5 minutes worth of alleged repeated arguments, he'd find all his questions answered and also his statements debunked.

Pro tip: Why don't you watch it and make the correlation between both his statements and that of the video I shared?

>he doesn't know about time travel
What are you? A cave man?!

I'll admit, I won't put in the effort to watch the video, but I just want to ask one thing OP.

How do you explain gravity?

> Inb4 op is a fucking retard

He won't reply with anything other than more trolling.

allll "high altitude" footage lookks soooo fake like it was edited for an easier view...

>ice walls

really. so where is the ice wall all the way around here, McMurdo base, with its nice open harbour for boats to sail right into? conveniently missed out in your picture, isnt it?

>I don't believe flat earth, so that means i believe everything else i hear and i can't think for myself, because potato.

OP what would be the point is people saying the earth is round instead of flat, what do they hope to gain? this is a pretty dumb theory

They don't.

posts a 2 hr vid on b...
"why won't u watch it ?" fucking dope

lel

Then tell us the flaws dumbfuck

>1881
thats almost as dumb as having amendmants dating back to that era..... oh wait

>inb4 OP claims all of this is an elaborate optical illusion

I'm an astronaut who's been too space and can tell you first hand it's round

Which side do you live on op? Top or bottom ? Or is it even possible to live on the bottom? Will you just fall off? Then how is there gravity on top?

>Inb4 do some research

Well. There's someone with a valid word.

>Inb4 flat government lie

Wow 40 seconds I've never cringe clicked off a video so fast

Need source on that.

/thread

Did you really expect anyone to watch over a hour of autism

Considering all other bodies in space are round ie. Stars, moons, planets, it's most logical too presume that Earth wouldn't be the only fucking exception in the entire universe

is round but flat. One day I was in my boat and i've reached the limit, I had to take off the sail and going reverse with the motor engine, it was so dangerous.

>Look into yourself. Only then will you understand

For fuck's sake...

>muh reality
>getting triggered over petty things
Think for yourself, potatoboy. It's not that hard.

>implying theflatearthsociety doesn't take 17$ donations in return for bumper stickers and fridge magnets.

ive been too space and trust me it's round

>Implying its just in the us
Do you even muslim bro

>"Japan" can't even manage to keep its own facts straight! I garentee you that no matter what textbook you look in or official image you look up MOUNT FUJI LOOKS DIFFERENT IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! It's almost like they didn't even want to try and make it seem like a believable fake, I could do better with Microsoft paint! Japan does not exist!

This is how stupid you are, really.

>Uses other peoples arguments
>Calls people stupid
When do you go back to school bud

Made it another 2 mins in and I'm getting really fucking angry now.

>If the earth is curved why don't pilot's have to correct their attitude to avoid flying off into space?

Ok, there's a few reasons this doesn't happen:

1. Gravity:
Just like when you spin a bucket of water round your head, the centrifugal force keeps the water in it's trajectory and it doesn't fall out.
A plane's velocity works the same way. at the right speed an object continues along an orbital path (circular) without the need to introduce any circular momentum.
You can play around with this by swinging your headphones around (note that the smaller the circle you make the more revolutions it needs to make in order to keep itself from falling out of it's orbital trajectory. This is a good example of why vessels in geosynchronous orbits are at a higher altitude than low earth orbital vessels which orbit the earth a lot quicker. Not faster. They just have a lot less distance to travel to complete an orbit.)

to summarize: the earth's centre of mass acts as an anchor around which vessels orbit. just as your headphone can't rip off the cable and smash into the wall without huge amounts of force a plane can't escape the earth's gravity.

Just so we're clear on this point: Plane's don't have to adjust their attitude because gravity does it for them. They always fly perpendicular to the gravitational pull of the earth except when climbing or descending.

Throw a goddamn dart in the air. Did it travel straight, stop and then fall back to the earth straight down? Or did it curve?

Rocket's actually make use of this frequently as it allows them to automatically bring their trajectory down towards an orbital path without wasting fuel or velocity on attitude adjustments.
(this only works in atmosphere) in space you continue pointing the same direction as there's no drag. Gravity keeps you tethered to your orbital path and your altitude stays the same forever.

it's trolling on a very high level. we have accounts of people trolling the shit out scientists in the 1700's

I can't, but not because my argument wouldn't be legit. It's like religion, you wouldn't believe it even after you've seen it from space yourself. You would just make up something like it's a hologram.

Narrow minded bigot people like you should be used as canned dog food.

See:

Unless the continents locations are switched this looks like a flight path that goes to the other side

socialism always fails kike

>look at moon
>it's round
>look at other celestial bodies
>they're round too
>why would earth by the exception?
>see no logical reason why people would lie about the shape of the earth
>scientist figured out it was round hundreds of years ago without any clue that space travel would be profitable in the future
>nasa receives .5% of the federal budget so lying too the people clearly isn't there top priority
Isn't this considered "thinking for myself"??

Explain why the earth would form as a disc and not a planet, and than magically begin moving upward. While other planets are obviously fucking spheres. (hint hint, look outside those greasy windows and see the moon)

Hardmode: Don't use "well you see God..."

OP here,

I'm wrong. I thought I was right, but I'm not.

Sorry for wasting all your time.

>quality of education
It has nothing to do with that, even the shittiest third world schools understand that the Earth is round. This is beyond academics, this is about a psychological need to feel special and have a differing opinion, even against all rationality. OP is likely a sexually frustrated young male with relatively little social experience who garners a delusional sense of superiority by maintaining incredibly unpopular opinions (no matter how disprovable) for shock value and whatever passing attention it warrants him, even if it's nothing more than text from a group of indifferent anonymous strangers.

"Pathetic" just doesn't quite capture this level of ineptitude. No, it's beyond that. We're talking full blown mental illness, a separation from reality so profound that any stimuli OP receives from life becomes so warped and mangled by the time it reaches his psyche that it's practically unrecognizable in comparison to what went in. There's just no way to get around this level of handicap, it's a fundamentally impossible task. OP is beyond help

OK I watched the first 30 or so reasons, and I have some arguments against these claims:
>Datum lines are always shown as perfectly horizontal in plans, not taking into account the curvature of the Earth.
Datum lines do not have a reference of the center of the Earth, but instead use sea level for projects that span larger distances and height from grade level for local projects. The fact that an engineering plan doesn't take Earth curvature in account is simply because drawing a curve with an absurdly large radius is impractical and offers no additional use to the drawing.

>Surface level perceived doesn't change as real altitude changes.
One must look slightly downwards to see the horizon line, and an extremely slight change in altitude relative to the earth will only change that angle an imperceptible amount.

>Why don't planes constantly dip down to not fly off the Earth?
Planes fly because their force of lift is greater than the force of gravity of the plane. The force of thrust won't cancel out gravity; they are in completely separate dimensions. The horizontal force of thrust will not increase the vertical force of lift.

>All objects disperse relative to the Earth
Geocentric does not equal flat Earth. Also all objects disperse relative to each other, or more correctly stated: the space between all objects increases. There are other arguments for heliocentric vs geocentric models, which are irrelevant for the flat earth theory.

>vertically fired cannons should fall west because of the Earth's constant Eastward motion.
The cannonballs are also moving East you dumb fuck. This argument is restated multiple times.

>Flight routes don't make sense, but make sense on a flat-earth map.
This "flat-earth map" is actually a more accurate globe-model map that takes longitudinal lines into account. A "standard map" would be a map under the flat-earth model, because it assumes that all longitudinal lines are exactly vertical.

Should I continue?

because insurance payments to all the ships and dolphins that cross the limit of earth and fall in the universe. no one pays for them! bermuda triangle is an excuse to cover the truth! conspiiiracy

if this were the case then you wouldnt see the moon because we see things by light bouncing off of them thin into our eyes

Myths = Earth is a planet, outer space exists, earth is a globe, earth is moving, earth is spinning, earth is revolving around the sun, moon is made of solid materia. (just a few myths 99,999 of the western people believe in)
Truth s= Earth is flat, earth has a dome, sun, moon and the stars revolve around stationary earth. (Do your research if you want to know, but a bit of a warning, truth can be scary.)

Yes, please. Keep crushing them.
I love seeing idiots realizing that they are not geniuses.

>vertically fired cannons should fall west because of Earth's eastward motion
Holy fuck was this really an argument point in the video? Glad I didn't waste my time watching it. That's just basic Newtonian physics, any retard who has tried throwing a ball "straight up" while running would understand that

>"During three voyages lasting 3 years and 8 days, Captain Cook sailed a total of 60,000 miles ALONG THE ANTARCTIC COASTLINE never once finding an inlet or path through or beyond the massive glacial wall!"

(Capslock for emphasis)

Really?

Lets look at a map of Cook's voyages.

Incredible. Did you know that California, Brazil, Indonesia, the entire southern Pacific, Alaska, the Cape of Good Hope, and Australia's Grat Barrier Reef are all "the coastline of Antarctica" according to flat earthers?

anyone from california in this thread? How does it feel for you, living on the edge of Antarctica with that giant ice wall and freezing winds blowing over your homes?

2. They fucking do.

Low altitude pilot's probably never come across this since their planes just don't have enough power but higher speed planes (concord, fighter jets etc.) actually use the altimeter to adjust course on autopilot.

Again, the simple thing people don't understand is that trajectories are ALWAYS curves. It's literally impossible to create a straight trajectory in a universe when even something travelling at light speed, like photons, bends around gravitational forces

If it is flat why if I fly to the east I'll arrive in the US?

This

This is right, the only thing is, earth cannot move upwards in a space where no up and down, right and left exists.

Foucault's Pendulum

/thread

hi, i'm somebody who'se not retarded, i'm here to talk to you about how not all cameras are identical.

/thread

If I must discover everything by myself why should I bother watching the video you linked?

How can you jump down when there is no mass? Without Mass no gravity. Jumping down is only get attracted by Mass of Earth. If Earth is Flat you can't jump down the edge. You could Walk over the edge. You murrifats are really high Tier retarded

I wanted to believe it's flat, namely because I'm bored. But all the "evidence" is stupid and it's clearly just a theory put out to fit the Christian agenda.

>Believing in what you see in a video
Why are you so closed minded? Do you believe everything you see in videos? Do your own research

Thank you for this.

He's done guys like ffs calm it.

>assuming
Sure. Scientists never lie about anything. Like you, they're in for the money. Keep believing your "logical" ways. When you find something that doesn't seem "logical", you'll shit bricks, potatoeboy.

Either b8 or Maximum retard I r8

Has any of the flat earthers actually an iq over 80?

ooooh, checkem

EARTH AM CUBE PLANET!

Thinking for yourself is mostly assumptions and coming to your own conclusions and hypothesis, I haven't been too space so I must use common sense to come too my own conclusion, considering you're probably not an astronaut either please explain how you come too the conclusion that the earth is flat? And if you quote any scientist or studies you're a hypocrite and should stop being such a sheep(;

>impliyng i'm a burgerboy
>high tier retarded
>jump down instead of off
Do you even read with that little sissy voice in your head? Or you just assume stupidly?

>implying arguing with silly scientific principles like gravity would have any effect on flat earther

It's clearly not flat

what you gonna do now that you got quads?

Photoshopped too shit Jesus christ

Yes, because i believe the earth is flat. Ball earthers are worse than flat earthers. Eat my dick, pretentious bitch.

I gotta tell mom.

What purpose does pretending it isn't flat achieve. It's clearly not helping them gain funding, as their funding has been cut buy a factor of 10 over the years.
Moreover, why has no other country exposed the conspiracy, following their own space programs. Particularly the ones with anti-american sympathies.

the savagery in disproving flat earthers in this thread is unbelieveable

How is pushing a round earth theory making money for scientists? Its not like anyone is funding round earth theory research.. that shit was done hundreds of years ago.

What a reasonable and thoughtful statement.
Let me make it easier for you since reading clearly isn't your strong suit, if you think the earth is any other shape then a sphere you're dumber than shit.
Was that too many words for you?

>round earth theory
Holy shit my sides.
This whole thread is hypothetical considering round earth is scientific fact

Surely there's more money in new, unique research? Given the round earth paradigm, genuine scientific proof of flat earth would make you rich.

What came first?
round earth discovery
flat earth conspiracy theorist

Lol yeah it felt funny typing it in, i figured for arguments sake you could stretch it to be a theory... that 99.99% of the population understands as a fact

>2016
>still believing "countries" really exist and that the entire world isn't run by a single authoritative entity who keeps us divided so we are easier to control
Keep drinking that fluoride

>the savagery in disproving flat earthers in this thread is unbelieveable

I see no reason to give any sugar-coating to responses to someone who claims everyone who knows basic facts of reality is a "sheeple" and that its all a conspiracy. Hit them without any mercy.

>wah wah
You will never for sure what shape the earth is, pretentious sissyboy. Stay assblasted assuming what people tell you to assume.

>control
They're pretty shit at there job considering we're on the verge on nuclear war with Korea, civil war in Syria, and they have let global powers, rise and fall for the past 1000 years

Quads don't lie. I'll continue. Flat-earthers welcome to respond. READ AND WEEP.

>Why is the arctic/antarctic always cold? Shouldn't the sun also heat up the ice and melt it? Also why does the sun "behave differently" far north and south?
The video says it makes sense for the flat-earth model because the sun inexplicably moves and makes fast little circles over the north sometimes and slow, large circles in the south other times. If this is true, why does nighttime exist? Shouldn't the sun, then, always have a direct line to the entire Earth?

>Why don't boats, etc. look like their tilting on the earth when the sail away.
They do, they look like they're sinking, which is arguably a reason why people thought you would "fall off the edge of the Earth". By the way, why doesn't that happen?

>You can see in a straight line for miles with no account for the earth's curvature.
If you hold your hand in front of your face, you also don't need to account for the earth's curvature. This is because general models are inaccurate for short distances, and your line-of-sight is not at sea level. Also the earth is not an absolute perfect sphere.

>Why is Polaris always straight up?
The "wobbling" is the spin axis of the earth slightly moving, which wobbles back. Eventually (meaning upwards of hundreds of thousands of years), Polaris will truly be located slightly away , just as constellations change over time, so will Polaris.

>Kansas is actually flatter than a pancake.
I hope this is comedy.

Awesome sentence structure, I give 2/10

Great job retard!

Saying the word "airplanes" defeats these hypotheticals.

Which is why they keep making fun of, mocking it so nobody knows the truth. As seen in human history. Whoever holds the truth, has the power.

>there
So are you at grammar/spelling.

There, there. I'm sorry i hurted your feelings before. Didn't know you were such a faget.

Someone screencap this shit so we can just spam it whenever these stupid threads pop up.

Here's your (you)

I couldn't see past 3 minutes, this is so dumb.
You can see a slight curvature while claiming its not visible at around 1:30.
I guess his claim that rivers would move upwards is related to the earth spinning, but that wouldn't affect it, you can't feel speed, only a change on speed, otherwise you wouldnt be able to stand up on an airplane while moving at all, but that's not the case, once you've reached the maximum speed you don't feel it anymore.
What got me is his claim that no construction accounts for curvature, but you can look it up, golden gate Bridge accounted for the earth curvature,just as an example.
If the earth was truly flat; anyone in California could get a telescope, aim it south parallel to the sea and be able to see the south pole.
People in opposing hemispheres see the moon upside down to one another, only positions because of the angle the are seeing it.
The day lasts 5 minutes longer on the top of the burj Khalifa than it's bottom because of the sun being visible over the horizon earlier on dawn and later on dusk.

Boats gradually disappear over the horizon.

Checkmate, OP.

I'm actually loving this, to be honest with you. We both know you're just trolling though let's be real
Inb4 name calling

>muh government spends billions of dollars to prove earth is a sphere because reasons

It makes your whole being, irrelevant. Sorry soldier.

You're loving being called names and shit? What a fucking masochist. I don't troll. I state facts, britney.

horizon doesnt rise to the eye level. Who told u horizon moves?

Okay dumbass I just felt obliged to acknowledge the troll everyonce in a while outve pity.
Go back too believing in global conspiracy theories LMAO

Nope I love shutting down your trolling so you have to turn too name calling as if I care what some fat ugly troll has to say.
Wow you called me a named you're so clever and original!!!

>scientists
>in for the money
This has to be one of the most outright laughable things to ever have been dreamt up. Virtually all of the rich scientists are in biology and medicine. The others are engineers that founded places like Intel.

Going into astrophysics for the money is like going into house painting for the fame.

name**

youtube.com/watch?v=njCDZWTI-xg

/thread.

I think the main persons who posted that is indirectly saying that they are constipated and can't take a shit.

I went up high altitude in a Russian fighter when I went to St.petersburgh for a business trip everyone was too scared to take. The earth is round and you are stupid. I've seen The curvature, it's almost impossible to see it in a conventional plane because of out visual limitations. But when you get high enough you can see it.

I bring up the supporting argument of gravity. If you put a stone in a sling and spin it the rock will stay inside and gain speed as you spin it faster.

The earth is similar however on a large enough scale with friction and of course air resistance will help keep you in that constant state of rotation. However if that rotation stops you will be flung into space like a rock from a sling.

The rotation however is being powered from the larger gravity of the son and a constantly rotation molten core made of highly magnetic material such as iron and nickle. Its a self sustaining motion that may very well burn out one day, however The constant pressure and friction keeps the core molten and spinning.

We used easy science and math to figure out more complex Things.

One more thing. If the earth is flat why does the Sun and moon have an arching path in the sky instead of a straight linear path. And also why do the stars have a proper depth in their distribution and change locations corresponding with the time of the year.

Your arguements are retarded and I know this is probably bait or you looking for any excuse to Redpill and tinfoil hat but fuck you, thinking a flat earth is free thinking. Science is free thinking you uneducated filth.

Glad you accept your being as being useless. Go on, keep assuming i believe in flat earth. Go on, keep believing on globe earth.

>Copyright 1898
>Uses Bible quotes for support
Try harder.

I don't care about what you believe to be completely honest

>still getting triggered
That's what's really laughable.

How does it feel to have everyone of your ridiculous nonsensical post systematically shot down?

Yet you replied.

Conspyracey bait

Implying I don't take joy in arguing with trolls
How does it feel really? To have your trolling shot down one after another
You guys really need to step your game up because name calling really isn't cutting it anymore

The Earth isnt a perfect sphere you stupid stupid stupid fuck. So the whole rivers dont go downhill according to the circumference is fucking retarded. Thats a fucking two hour video about how absolutely ignorant you shit pigeons are.Seriously, all flat earthers need to get lined up, chained together and lit the fuck on fire. I hate you people so much it is un-fucking-real

no one... talks like this...
you... don't know... what ellipsis... are...

Well. If they don't work, they'll starve and die. Either that or the governments ends them.

holy shit you can even see where the color gradient clearly changes from Earth to atmosphere but this nigger draws a tangential line and calls it a day
fucking lol

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment

If you don't understand it after this, you're hopeless.

If everyone that attended that meeting got met with no less than four bullets to their face. I would be the happiest man on this "flat" earth.

How do you explain that there's a south pole? And a base there (civilian)? NASA coverup?

srs question. I just want to know the rationale

flatearthers don't belive in gravity

The earth is moon shaped

>the picture shows the earth curving
>just draws a straight red line to try and hide it

Well done mang. Gonna be optimistic and assume you genuinely learned something and didn't throw a shitfit. That's rare here.

wow hd pictures here

sage

you have no idea how big earth is, you think 20 miles is enough to apreciate a distinguishable curve? nah

>airplanes
/threat