Is overwatch the defining multiplayer game of our generation and why yes?

is overwatch the defining multiplayer game of our generation and why yes?

>$40
>Play a shooter that gets boring after a week

Sorry, why play that when Paladins is free and is the same thing but better. Why not just play League or Dota 2, which are free and have much more staying power at the top of every streaming service?

Its team fortress 2 with waifus get your head out of your ass.

Because they are different genres you dingus.

>Paladins is like AA Overwatch whereas >Overwatch itself is a AAA(Triple-A) game
That's why play Overwatch

Paladins is a ripoff cash-grab steaming pile of dog shit. I'm not a huge overwatch fan by any means but if you unironically play paladins then you're a retard.

it feels like Overwatch and Battleborn had a Gay Orgy Party, and made Paladins.

And then when the baby was born the doctor dropped it in accident
Resulting in paladins

Sorry but Overwatch has been dying for the last month, most of my friends quit. Queue times take forever and if you're new you lost every match cause of the premade teams now.

We have all moved to Paladins and have been having a fucking blast, and you don't even have to pay money. It's fucking insanely good.

Ha! exactly.

It's TF2, but newer...
/thread

>implying this isnt an amazing improvement

No. Every single person - every one - that I know who bought Overwatch has stopped playing.

The balance of the game is shit, next to no thought was given to how abilities function on a given map, the level design is garbage, and there is no way to select the map you want to play.

Like everything Blizzard has put out in the past 6-8 years, it's garbage.

Bait is obvious, genius troll.

No, it's overrated as fuck. I'd say CSGO, it's the most balance with a good bit of strategy

Overwatch is the culmination of many good ideas into the perfect team based strategy FPS ever built. If you don't play to the team composition you will lose and get bored easily. I'm going to pass on most other games this year because Im having the most fun with OW. It's simple yet difficult in all the right ways.

you already payed for overwatch so at this point both are free for you, also, you played it with friends so you had a premade and couldnt win...so i will take that you just dont know shit about how is played and decided to blame other premades...GL on your new Crapladins

snooze fest that's made easy for plebs with a shitty "ultimate" system

That game is worthless and so are you.
Also

>free

Most of the characters are locked at the start and there are so many times where they blatantly just try to force you to buy them. It's retarded.

Pretty much, the whole "skill" thing is Who uses their first Ability first.

TF2
>amazing level design
>perfectly balanced classes
>maps built to emphasize certain strategies
>great objective paths and gametypes

Overwatch
>Let's copy LoL abilities even if it doesn't translate well with an FPS.
>Let's just steal all TF2s map types without building them well
>Let's try to create class types like LoL even if they don't translate
>Let's make an FPS, a highly skill-based fast reflex genre, and give the players abilities that negate all the skills required to be good at it. What could go wrong

It's so, so, so much worse.

>CSGO
>Balance
>Strategy
I know is b8 but i keked anyways

No, Cawa Dooty is.You can 360 no scope pwn fags and 1v1

ULTs are built so that teams are able to focus push. Niggers like you just want CSGO hip fire faggotry where its "get a kill, get killed, repeat" And then you squeak about ur KD to other squeakers while you slump over ur mechanical keyboard.

our generation? im pretty sure that was mw2

You forget the majority of people here are like 13

Exactly, the point is that Overwatch is now old and boring. I've played it to death and Blizzard aren't adding anything new with any kind of speed to change that. Players are leaving in droves and they don't seem to care.

This is why the Overwatch fanboys are so mad, because they seen their queue times increasing and their fodder players decreasing.

Maybe Paladins will get old but for right now it's comparable to Overwatch in everything aside from being a little less graphically impressive, and that's not a benefit when you realize that Paladins can play on a toaster and as such get a much bigger audience than Overwatch.

Again for any new players, don't bother with Overwatch because you'll get destroyed by premade teams and will lose almost all your games.

>Why not just play league
Top kek faggot

Sounds like you just suck and are trying to make excuses without blaming yourself desu senpai

Didn't hi-rez literally dropped every game they had? why do you think they won't drop this shit? Blizzard at least won't drop it that fast.

Tf2 dunno, friend said after the hat announcement everything became shit.

I would love to play overwatch, but I don't have any money or friends for it.

The only point that i will agree with you is that blizzard is taking wayyyy too long to release new content, but personally i dont think is boring at all, i play some times with friends and others alone and i enjoy with the hero swapping, strategies etc i dont feel like there are 2 rounds that are the same

idk I'm just trolling you faggots tbh, gl

>overwatch
>a casualized quake 3 arena/quake live
Ok nigger. Keep dreaming.

test

>I wrote five paragraphs and got two replies
>epic troll xDDDDDD

Heh, did your generation just start?

Isn't this game basically team fortress 3 with more children than team fortress 2?

yeah I keep it going longer usually but both games are garbage and I got bored

In a few months when overwatch is totally dead tf2 will still have a large hardcore following.

I don't know about defining, but I think it's a fun game. Fuck these haters.

Because I can fap to it without feeling gay (CoD, Battlefront, Halo) or like a pedophile (Splatoon).
That's 10/9 in my book, it deserves an oscar

>I don't have anything to offer about criticisms of the game or why it's bad, but I like it
>Fuck people who disagree with me

Shouldn't you be in school? Fuck off with this schoolyard 'whaaaa, I like it' bullshit.

All the hats did was allow greater customization of your character. The game is still exactly the same. You can't even blame the OP weapons people can buy or get because none of them are OP.

Also, Halloween event is amazing. Comics are hilarious.

MVM is designed fucking amazing if you can get a solid group to play it

>overwatch

Ok. OW made individual classes out of the various gun/extra item possibilities that existed in TF2. OW looks incredible and plays incredible. There isn't a "bad" hero. OW is in a league of its own in its category.

Newfag

Good ideas, bad implementations.

>all these butthurt bli$$ard drones

no thanks, I'll keep playing paladins

You can't /thread yourself you fucking idiot

>J-JUST TROLLING HAHA F-AAGITS

Kys fam

Nope. Aim feels like stif shit. Lots of characters, not much abilities for more flexibility. Slow and kind of pointless patches. 2.5 game modes. Long competitive off season. Shit at being an e sport. Gets stale after 20 hours. Mei. Bent over for s jw cock. Holy god its shit as an e sport. Team based - shit queuing system. Unbalanced (multistacking hero's anyway). Broke ranking system both s1 and s2. Boring to watch. Doesn't have a replay system to study games. Shit brawls. Trying too hard to appear as an e sport without putting any effort to actually become an e sport. Hero's aren't really interesting in terms of origin/back story same with plot. Great meta game. Contains blizzard fanfags. Containsnloot boxes. 3 skins per character (excluding recolors).

Still better than the cod series, I guess.

Just a reminder that hi rez has a fuckton of shills on all social medias, this includes Cred Forums, youtube, reddit even fucking twitter.

No one with a right sense of mind would play that clunky horse shit.

Alright then fag. The most common complaint I see is that it gets boring after awhile. I play it for a few hours every couple of days and it has not gotten stale for me yet. There are definitely similarities to TF2 but it's different enough to be its own thing. My biggest complaint right now is the small number of maps and have modes, having more of those might keep people interested longer.

lemme give you a rough timeline
Dota and CS are popular because they were the best at what they did
Dota 2 and CSGO come out as general attempts at improvements
League of legends comes out a simpler, easier to pick up dota, CSGO still popular because reasons.
MOBA's gaining huge popularity
>Insert Hi-Rez with smite a third person almost shooter like moba to jump on the money train. Is mediocre at best.
>Insert Blizzard also wanting to get on the money train releasing thier own moba that tries to be different but no one really plays it because league and dota are just better.
>Blizzard tries a different approach. Keep running with the moba idea but through CS elements
>Insert Overwatch
>Heroes
>Abilities
>Ultimate abilities
>Skins
>Fps
>Objective based
"Oh wow look X streamer got a an overwatch key" "I wish I had an overwatch key"
Realise instantly how fucking generic the character design is. With such memroable characters as: Edgy Death knock off, Electric weeb, Generic cowboy, "I use a bow because i'm different", Generic Heartless Sniper #4, Literal monkey, Angel, and Turret Hitler.

TL;DR Game is a cash grab by Blizz Jews with 0 originality. But then again its from the company that made wow so what did you expect

Oh and I forgot the 0 incentive to play the game for a long period of time.

Eh, not of our generation, but it looks like it's going to be the CoD 4 of this console generation: the one everybody wants to imitate because ERMAGERD LETZ GIT DA MONIES!

>inb4 end of console gen and we're all sick of cartoony hero shooters

stupid weaboo niggers not playing counter strike

I was with you until
>company that made wow so what did you expect
wow isn't a cash grab, it's the best at what it does like dota and CS
I guess blizzard hasn't had an original idea since diablo, though
rip blizzard north

Well at least just skins. Csgo is also doing that and ton of people love it.

Yeah the team thing is the only thing I don't like. I would love to play it, but I don't have anyone to play it. It still looks fun.

Not a cod,overwatch,halo fanboy and I gotta say, cs:go is the most boring and unmemorable game I've ever played (yes including other shit games from other genras).

I can see how you'd think that's what I meant I worded the last sentences kinda odd looking at it again, I meant wow is lacking in originality.

The sarcastic response to that would be git gud, but CS:GO does such a poor job of presenting itself that it really does turn a lot of people off. If you're ever interested in going back for some reason, I suggest going to youtube first, there's plenty of people there who do videos on how the game actually works.

Ye just like league at its start oh waiit. Faggotshit

so glad this board is 18+ so all the LoL kids dont post here

Overwatch is amazing.

Fuck no.

OP should chop his own dick off

Overwatch is gay and all of you are gay. Enjoy fapping to trannies you retards.

Where are the good multiplayer games nowadays?
>Day of defeat Source
>CS source
>TF2
some of them were great multiplayers, but now look at Battleborn. I wanted to buy it but no one (literally) plays it anymore. Why is dis happening