So Cred Forums, any of you faggots know how much these may be worth?

So Cred Forums, any of you faggots know how much these may be worth?

Decent amount of silver there... Probably about $15 per $1 of coins if you melt it, maybe twice that because they're in decent shape?

not an expert but my grandpa has a huge collection

i think theyre American Quarters, worth roughly 25 cents

You need to turn them around and look at the tails side. That's where the value is written.

Moron.

Anything in there pre 1964 is 90% silver and worth melt value. Google spot price of silver.

about $3.50

Put your grandpa's coin collection back where you got it and quit doing meth.

actually, heroin. and i already sold them to the pawn shop.

Actually asking the worth for my brother, who yes does meth. But I think they're probably stolen or some shit.

Not a lot homes. Any regular coinage prior to 1965 is "Junk Silver", with 90% silver content...worth more than face value but not a lot.

Bicentennial coins (1776-1976) are worth face value.

Large American Eagle coin in the middle is .9999 silver, and is worth price of 1 oz silver (Google it).

I believe the Liberty Head is worth more as well, but in all, that collection is not particularly valuable.

about tree fiddy

You are not OP, I am OP.

They aren't rare, the ones made prior to 1964 have value in their precious metal content.

Hahahahahahahahaha fucking hell

they're worth their exact face value.

sets like those are sold to retards and old people via magazines and infomercials. take those to a legit numismatist and they'll laugh at you.

>You are not OP, I am OP.
No I am OP

Tree fiddy

I am infact OP

That is clad gold. Isnt worth shit

unless you have a particularly rare specimen in there, commenorative sets are usually only worth their melt value. Or what some other sucker will pay for them.

As for "its a collectors item" thats a bunch of bs. Take a lesson from pawnstars where people bring in their crap and find out they would have made more money putting it into a savings account

Over 9000

/thread

fucking wrong as fuck

Also wrong as fuck. 90% silver is with about 14x face value if you melt them, which is a retarded thing to do with pretty much anything you can read the date on.

Jesus christ you people

The only thing worth more than spot are the morgan dollars. They're a whole different value scale. Right now unless it's a specific date they're worth about 25ish.

They are worth 19.91 an ounce.
silverprice.org
The Kennedy & Eisenhowers aren't pure silver. They have to be ultra-rare to be more valuable than the current silver value.

Source: I have a couple hundred pounds & have collected/horded silver for years.
Protip: If you see the price per ounce LOWER than $10, BUY BUY BUY. I got the majority of mine when it was around $5/ounce. Waiting till it hits a minimum of $50/ounce or I'm dead broke.

And those that aren't pure silver won't get you very much, if at all, above face value.
Bars are better than coins.

ALSO
A way to test if they're real silver is that silver repels from magnets. You'll need a strong neodymium magnet, place the coin on a smooth surface, if you can push it with a magnet without touching the coin its pure silver. If it sticks to the magnet, you got fucked hard.

If you go to a coin/pawn shop they'll fuck you by offering only spot price of silver/gold.

If you look up the actual value of that set in a catalogue then you can put on Ebay or something to get a better price.

coinflation dot com has a useful silver coin value calculator.

Might be worth a slight premium as a box set, but unless you're into some old and nice condition Morgan dollars, Mercury dimes, or Walking Liberty halves not much over spot.