youtube.com/watch?v=BwTGSfeUXuU
youtube.com/watch?v=-CA9CvO87tI
youtube.com/watch?v=LqALZ2fMcic
youtube.com/watch?v=NeqyCwAeT3I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bassists?

he plays bass you retard
Alex lifeson is the guitar genius of rush

100% true. Regardless though, Geddy lee is also one of the best bassists out there too.

dis one

he has no teef lol

overrated

and i say that even as a long time rhcp fan (not anymore though)

i've never been rhcp fan, but frusciante counts to the best. sorry to say. the licks he plays, the stuff he writes.. he's definitely godtier!

then you haven't heard a lot of good guitar players yet. It's stupid to assume he's one of the best just because others have said so. Him appearing in a lot of lists doesn't mean shit.

Omar-Rodriguez Lopez.

Massively over rated, not even close to pic realted

Jesus, Cred Forums is like that movie Goundhog Day. Same shit, day after day after day.

In this case, seems every time we have a guitarist thread, anons feel they have to start it with a pic of Geddy Lee.

Bow before the master.

you plebs dont know about god?

Pic related

>areyoueventrying

Also, pic related

Must we?

Faggot, God is Steve Vai and the Titan is Satch, Malmsteen is like the guy who founded Scientology next to them

fast does NOT equal "Good" or "Best"

The only answer

>implying technical skill is meaningless

Van Halen was regarded as the best until Li came along, then the baton was passed. Where can we go from here?

SANTANA is the best

Most commonly said by slow/non guitarist.

best as far as song writing, frusciante wins.

It's called a bass GUITAR, nimrod.

My personal fave.

Clearly your musical taste is garbage if that's what equate to being "the best."

Moving on.

Tim Collins

No he isn't, his phrasing sounds like what a 15 year old that has been playing for 4 years would come up with. Playing incoherent patterns faster than you're actually able to for a few seconds leading into an awkward bend drowned in wah effects does not make a guitar player god tier.

Kek'd, get out, and never come back

This had been covered. Try to keep up.

any rage fans?

Jason Becker

Tom is pretty sweet. Not sure I'd say he ranks amongst the best, but certainly one of the most distinctive.

His goes to 11.

He may be good but his music is faggoty and gay. Also, it sounds like shit.

Steve Vai is a pretty cool guy.

>guitarist
>posts a bassist

>youtu.be/zBWURleQuLc
The guy is a beast

Tommy Emmanuel, this guy could just be walking around naked and have his dick accidentally slap the guitar and it would still be a fucking masterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=S33tWZqXhnk

>God Tier Guitarists
>Mfw autistic op posts a bassist.

Tosin abasi

sarcasm

He's not even close. He's fine, competent. He's average for someone who has played for that many years.

besides les claypool

Rush is shit tier, all 3 of them, all 40 years.

this

They're better than your favorite band.

>overrated

posts stevie ray vaughan

Prog or go home
>youtu.be/4DCbZJh-Gk4

see

Tosin isn't human.

Lenny is better than the entirety of Frusciante's work.

That is because he is a god.

Good choice, user.

Felder never gets mentioned, nice job.

/thread

100% agree

I've yet to see anyone down pick the way he can, it's ridiculous how accurate and fast he is

overrated as fuck

>Old =/= God
It's like with the Beatles, just because they helped shape what music is now doesn't mean they can compete with what it's like now.

hail to the fucking chief

just remember kids if you want your music to become absolute shit, go do a bunch of drugs in india and suck as much dick as you can

I lol'd

my man

you're right, he's a nigger

Lets ask a real question, Van Halen or Van Hagar

He's a phenomenal musician, I don't know of any others as competent as he is in so many different disciplines and also control every aspect of the overall sound as much as he does. I dislike how much genius is thrown around these days, but he clearly just fundamentally understands music

A nigger who could fingerbang your gf so good she'd look at you like a teacher waiting for the correct answer impatiently every time you fumbled your way through it

Do you really think the sole reason for that guy posting Jimmy Page is because he's an old musician?

you faggots dont even know

Considering how he stacks up to modern guitarists who are pushing boundaries on technical ability, I'd have to think so. Otherwise he just doesn't know shit about modern guitarists. Page is fine, he's just not standout anymore. If you had no idea who he was his music would sound generic.

There's still hope in this cesspool

Technical ability doesn't mean anything if you don't have the feeling behind the notes.

prove me wrong

Besides David Ellefson

Pretend you're on wheel of fortune and this is the final puzzle, what's your response/

"BASS _ _ _ _ A_"

fuck off, moron, they always give you the letters RSTLNE for the final puzzle because they're the most commonly used, statistically speaking. you clearly know nothing about the Wheel

You mean jasonbecker?
Because if youre talking about god, i think you mean jason becker

surprised that im yet to hear anything about nuno here

low tier bait

How many lists have you appeared on?

Don't get defensive; I'm just looking for a number

Becker is the kind of musician that only comes along every ~150 years.

besides bucket head, no really buckethead kills it on bass

Nuno is fantastic.

>protip you cant

Shawn Lane.

My absolute favorite. He has absolutely reinvented how guitar is played.

Nuno has the funkiest groove of any shredder eva!

So many good ones. Always liked zakk Wilde and slash. Personal preferences

All the reasonably big names are already posted, so time for some unknown ones. youtube.com/watch?v=rGYzF8o_r-U&t=34m47s

he shouldn't be on the list

Ringo Starr. You fucking Faggot.

fuck the Beatles

Rusty Cooley.

I'd destroy that slut at Guitar Hero.

Name the one band with 4 guitarists in Rolling Stone's top 100 guitarists...???

the fuck you talking about, morello belongs on the list more than half the guitarists here

Tom Morello's Style is easy as fuck to play.
The fact he managed to use the sounds you get from smashing the strings and turned them into coherent riffs it's impressive to.
Wouldn't clasify him God-Tier but very unique

>lipsnot

Don't know about half. Probably more around 15%

>Technical ability doesn't mean anything if you don't have the feeling behind the notes.
Kinda like that guy from Dragonforce. Fancy playing, but dull as fuck.

Frank Zappa, Prince, SRV, Buddy Guy, John Mayer, Bradley Nowell & Fruscianti

This.
Page does not practice, he lets the music flow his way, and the masterpieces that were stairway to heaven, Immigrant song and even black dog weren't written by a young kid who studied music in the internet, but by someone who picked up a guitar a let his fingers do their thing

Objectively, the greatest guitar player of all time is Allan Holdsworth.

Subjectively, it's Bill Steer.

Exactly.

The more technically proficient I become, the less I want to play technically proficient stuff.

I'm still fascinated at the flowing smooth nature of blues style playing. Guthrie Govan, Joe Bonamassa, SRV, Shawn Lanes fretless playing...

It's just ethereal how some people can phrase impulsively. I'm getting better at it slowly.

>John Mayer

no. just no.

>unironically posting guitarists who are not Joe Satriani
Is this whole thread b8?

You Suck Beatle Cock, bro! Take it back!!!

You're an idiot.

Mein comrade of african descent

You guys are what the French call "Grotesques"...

Charo is the best there ever was, AND she could suck your cock too and you won't be a Homo...

youtube.com/watch?v=zRfutjoig34

He destroys every time he performs live. You can't accept it because he happens to be a faggot but the dude is a guitar savant.

Yuuuuusssss
My senpai omg yyyyeeeessss

Same. It's much harder to practice actual musicality.

My Savior

No, he's not. John Mayer isn't god-tier

>You're an idiot.

Wait wut? You put up some teeny bopper wannabebluesman and somehow I'm the idiot?

again...no.

Be still, my heart

make way for the one true god

His solo stuff is the shiiiit

Samefag

John Petrucci

Good try.

Shoot the nigger!

Mayer is one of the most tasteful modern guitar players. It's semi difficult to find his noteable work on youtube though.

My Lord

I could care less if he was a faggot or not (hes not) but his playing isnt god-tier...certainly not nearly as good as Derek Trucks for example.

The plebs like him because hes a crooner and plays guitar too...but hes not that good.

Did you see the video where he is sucking huge volumes of Black Cock?

No? Well, there should be one, since he's the lamest ever. It's like he was weaned on Black Cock by his momma.

user already said no bassists, idiot.

In the English language the word "tasteful" is not synonymous with "god-tier".

Randy Rhoads

I feel genuinely embarrassed for you.

My Savior

While I don't think Angus Young is top-tier in guitar skills, he's a god damn beloved icon for sure. He even said that he thinks his brother Malcolm is better than him.

"Couldn't." As in "Could Not Care Less"

Fucking English is your second language, eh?

But it is in the context of music.

A seriously underrated guitarist, in my opinion.

He is the sole reason why I started to learn guitar... Crazy Train was what started a dream.

Slash, Nikki six god tier in my opinion honourable mentions Richie sambora and Bret Michaels love them both but I don't think many would give them god tier status.

Lil' wayne triggers the fuck out of me
Just like Nick Jonas.
He bought the most expensive guitar he could find and proceded to toture them to no extent.
I mean, this guys sound like a 15 year old with his first guitar, they way they hold them, the way they pick, it's just, DISGUSTING

What planet are you from? No, it fucking doesn't because "taste" is a subjective concept.

Misha Mansoor, Mark Holcomb, Jake Bowen, Nolly Getgood, Synyster Gates, Tosin Abasi, Javier Reyes, Derya Nagle and Joaquin Ardiles.
I can keep going

Niki Six plays bass you R Tard

I guess these anons are the only ones listening to good music.

Steve Lukather is an all time favorite of mine in the Rock genre.

Pat Metheny and Pat Martino on jazz.

And clearly my taste is objectively better than yours.

Lil' Wayne also sucks cock, but White Cock is his preference. You can see it by the way he holds the guitar - it's like he's saying "Yaaas, Massssa, I gon' suck you guuuuud tonight..."

Seriously. You guys don't see that?

The good music concept is completely subjective, but you have to recognize these men's skill.

I never actually appreciated that, but that's for calling me out on that.

nice- trying to compensate for the reality that you picked a second rate guitarist as your "fave"

Seriously- pick his best solo and lets compare it to BB KIng, Duane Allman, Derek Trucks or any of the other guitarist mentioned in the thread and lets take a vote...

OK. Prove it. Point out the two guitarists I've posted in this thread.

Mayer isn't even in my top 30. I just know talent when I hear it.

Brother Wayne. Get Hip.

youtube.com/watch?v=BwTGSfeUXuU

your logic is sound, I'm impressed

He co founded Motley Crue and Founded Sixx: Am

yup you got me on a typo- guess that proves Mayer is a great guitarist.

you are literally cringe worthy

My personal fav

I've proven it simply by knowing that Mayer is a god tier guitarist, and you believe the opposite. I can't possibly pick out your posts based on one opinion and you know it.

Underrated post.

What about Judas Priest. That's a God Tier band.

fuck off!

I'm afraid this guy is right.
Been playing guitar for 25 years, I make my living teaching guitar in an academy.
Maybe (and I say maybe) I've seen other alive guitarists who are comparable to Govan in term of technical prowess, but no one of them with his out of this world phrasing taste and inhuman versatility.

Gone but not forgotten.

This this and this to the power of this

bad show

Guthrie is a very interesting speaker as well.

Slash enuff said

FUCK YESDD

Fine Cred Forumsros hear my request. This is a reverse NYPA. I have a friend who I've known from childhood trying to make it big in this world. Trying to live out his dream of being a respected musician. I implore you to give his music a listen. I implore you to give him a chance at success.

Tl;dr I got a bro who rocks at the guitar trying to make a career out of it

Pic very related
Travis bowman music

Ville Friman, Insomnium.

Not super technical but his riffs are hard to ignore.

most overrated guitarist/writer/performer EVER!!!!
I'm glad he's dead so he can't produce any more camel shit music. I piss on his grave and fuck Moon Unit

agree. and he has no "first of the class" syndrome, like all giants.

So you can't prove it...good to know. How about this. I posted these two:
A guitarist who Hendrix is quoted as saying he wished could play as well as, and invented the genre of noise rock
A guitarist that Robert Fripp paid to teach him how to play guitar.

Now, remind me again what Mayer has done to contribute to music so as to be deserving (at least in your eyes) of the label of god-tier.

Slash enuff said. Eddie vanhalen Jimmy Hendricks bb king

fuckin Geddy Lee and that shitty fender jazz bass. like really, how much do you think fender payed him to play that piece of shit?

Spot on

For technicality, Teemu Mäntysaari from Winter Sun/Imperanon

God tier

WTF is wrong with b/
get on my level faggots!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell you what Mayer has contributed, and it's this masterpiece:
youtube.com/watch?v=-CA9CvO87tI

shitty Fender jazz bass.....hahaahahahahaha
the greatest bass player of all time
played the same bass...ah duz the name Jaco ring a fucking bell your fucking retard!!!!!!!!!!

easy there crappa!

horrible shit.....complicated time signatures that mean nothing. Fucked jew bastard that had too much money from daddy to produce his shit for years....and some one please kill Captain Beefheart to....fucking loses taking up space for possible up coming radicals.

fender rhymes with blender. whats your deal anyways? ignorant fuck i bet you dont even play bass, nor have you ever picked one up, nor can you speak English properly you fucking spic. kill yourself

Steve Howe. 5 time in a row guitar player magazine guitarist of the year.

You literally suck your dad's cock late at night.

Learn how to write in your native language, son.

I am dissapoint.

most innovative guitarist

>complicated time signatures that mean nothing
that's jazz user
you'll learn to appreciate Zappa more when you're more mature.

Why the fuck u tards foget bout Eddie vanhalen riff opon riff

yeah

Where did you go?

"Listen to that sustain. You can go out and have a bite and you'll still be hearing that one."

>shitty fender jazz
kek

Wtf happened to Cred Forums filled up with retards BB King not a top 5 cancer happened

i'm an old fuck
kids like you make me laugh
you have no idea what is a great instrument
if you were close to me I would put your head under a big fucking rock
and let the next concrete truck run over it.
You must be 14-15 at the most.
Turn around, drop your girlie shorts
and daddy is going to show you the real world!!!

def not old but right, fender jazz bass is actually an amazing instrument. geddy is far from the only big bassist that plays a jazz

i'm old dood
probably the oldest on b/
i love jazz
Miles, Coltrane...etc
no more complicated than "a Love Supreme"
Zappa was horrible,,,,a complete jew fucking piece of shit. Pretended to be a sophisticated .but was an ignorant Jew fuck

Bass guitar. Bass. Guitar. Geddy Lee plays the bass guitar. Do you not see the word guitar?
The bass guitar is a stringed instrument played primarily with the fingers or thumb, by plucking, slapping, popping, strumming, tapping, thumping, or picking with a plectrum, often known as a pick.

The last album he has a decent voice on is "My Favorite Headache"

King and Lucille were 1 no better

please fuck me hard daddy >3

Bass guitar dickhead. Do you know anything about music?

Sloppy. Sloppy. Sloppy.

Yeah he is REALLY amazing but gets overlooked.

youtube.com/watch?v=LqALZ2fMcic

Top 5 1King 2slash 3 Vaughn 4 Clapton 5 eddie vanhalen

>Electric Bass
FTFY

Reminder that bass GUITARS are in fact guitars.

Bob Mould is damn good as he can also write great songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=NeqyCwAeT3I

Depends who you ask. My instructor in college used the term Electric Bass and made us do so as well.

At least it's not another trump v hillary or atheist thread.

No one else a top 5

who the fuck is this, nickleback?

Donald Hefield? !

The word today is guitar reg bass or steel they all guitars

This

THISTHISTHIS

No Buckethead?
Am disappoint.