An analog clock displays the time 3:15. What is the angle between the hours and the minutes hands?

An analog clock displays the time 3:15. What is the angle between the hours and the minutes hands?

4 degree

obviously 0°

Underage b&

retard

7.5, easy

About 15 minutes m8.

7.5 degrees

well, have you seen one of these hands? the're huge. not that amount of angle will have a difference

It's High Noon

Obtuse angle

10 degrees.

~75 degrees? Alternatively, 285 degrees. Either way, it's an obtuse angle.

90 Degrees you fucking penis tasters

360/12 to find out total angle per each hour
Divide that number by 4 since 15 minutes is 1/4 an hour

You sure are a square.

0 degrees

Is this serious? 360 divided by 12 is 30. 5 sections from 10 to 3 so 30x5, right? Am I missing something?

It's 7.5, already been said twice

The advertising agency uses that exact time in all of its ads for new watches look in any magazine or on any billboard or even on television you will see 10 minutes after 10

360 divided by 12 is 30 degrees per hour. 30 divided by 4 (or times a quarter hour) is 7.5

I was doing some research into the problem, because 7.5 degrees out of 360 degrees, where there are 30 degrees in each hour... it just doesn't make any sense to me.

How are you suggesting that the distance between 10 and 2 is as small as a few centimeters/around the size of an inch?

Something is wrong if we're looking for the actual degrees between the minute hand and the hour hand. I feel like 7.5 degrees would make more sense if we were looking for the delta of degrees between the hour hand and the minute hand, as a constant (how much degrees apart the hour and minute hand are from one another in making a full rotation around the clock face).

What

Holy fucking shit, are y'all trolling?

If the little hand is on 3 and the big hand is on 15 min they are pointing at the same place on the clock. There is, on a mechanically perfect math clock, a 0 degree difference between the hands

>INB4 baited this hard.

It's 114 degrees.

Look. Each minute/digit on the face of a clock is separated by 6 degrees.

Take a protractor and some blank paper out. Draw a circle using a compass, the protractor, or freehand it as best as you can. Use the protractor to make exactly 60 marks around the circle, all 6 degrees apart.

Mark each 5th tick as an hour, starting with 12 from the very top (90 degrees north from the middle of the circle). You now have exactly what is on many clock faces.

Draw the hour hand at 10, and the minute hand at 2. Because I'm retarded, I was trying to solve the picture instead of the problem- the difference between 10 and 2 is 75. For 3:15, the 3rd hour and the 15th minute? 0 degrees, exactly 0 degrees if you have a perfect hypothetical analog clock.
>I need sleep

Because the clock shows 10:10

7.5 degrees, exactly 0 degrees*

The work to get the answer. Sorry about shitty quality, my rear camera broke and i can only use the front camera

mayne my work was wrong. We know the hour hand moves 30 degrees per hour. If the minute hand is at 15 itd be 30/4 which is 7.5. Since the minute hand is at the 3 mark, and the hour hand has moved 7.5 from the 3 moved, we know the distance between the two is 7.5 degrees.

Work check out, did same calculations for same answer.

It doesn't say, both hands are on the 3, it says the clock says 315, have you ever looked at an analog clock and noticed the hour hand between two numbers?

Wrong. The hour hand moves slowly between the large number as the hour progresses. Since 15 is one-fourth of an entire hour, the hour-hand moves from 3pm to 4pm by one-fourth. It does not stay at 3 the entire hour and suddenly change to 4 when it hits 4pm.

The trick is to keep in mind that the hands don't perfectly overlap. The hour hand moved a bit in the 15 minutes that have passed since 3 o clock.

The difference between the hands is 15 minutes or 1/4 of an hour.

The clock face is a circle -> 360°

That circle is divided into 12 equal sections (hours).

360/12=30 = one hour

30/4=7.5 = 15 minutes

7.5°

Nice math skills fampai.

The same angle my cock takes in your mother's colon.

Also also, heres a fucking clock at 3:15 to prove that its not 0degrees

That's easy.

1 min on big hand is 6 degrees.
15 mins is 15*6 = 90 degrees.
So it's pointing towards the 3.

1 min on small hand is 1/12th of that.
6/12 = 1/2, so ½ of a degree per minute.
Or conversely:
1 hour = 360/12 degrees = 30 degrees.
1 minute = 30/60 degrees = ½ degrees.

15 minutes have passed, so 15 * ½ = 7½ degrees.

The big hand is already at 15 minutes.
The little hand started at 15 minutes and has moved 7½ degrees. So 7½ degrees is the final answer.