Long story short my dad has a really bad opiate addiction, he takes Percocets...

Long story short my dad has a really bad opiate addiction, he takes Percocets, has been doing so for longer than i have been alive. But he quit taking them for 2+ months plus until just recently he started taking them again, he is snorting them now (Is that worse or better? He use to just take them orally) and i was wondering if you guys could tell me why he would start taking them again as i have never had any bad addictions. Also a few things, What is relapse and what is it like? What is the high from them like? What is the addiction itself like and withdrawals?

Also general drug thread i guess

Maybe his pain came back?

He's fine, let him do his thing.

Nah man, he use to be a alcoholic, he quit that for years but now he is drinking again. He is 55 and this shit is catching up to him, his skin is changing colors and his eyes are to. It is taking a toll on him.

Also forgot to say he is very religious, which makes this shit even worse on him.

was on opiates for half a year. the high is similar to being drunk. when you get drunk, your brain releases a buzz, but you're really fucked up. painkillers give a cleaner buzz. aka, it gives you a really strong buzz even if you're not that fucked up. the buzz can get so strong that it kinda feels like your brain is relaxing in a hot tub.
i wasnt on them for very long, so withdrawal was basically just like the flu. not that bad imo. alcohol withdrawal was worse

Is he mixing alcohol with the percocets?

Just kill him and he wont be addicted anymore

opiates have a high relapse rate, he knew his tolerance went down enough for him to get really high and feel good or there could be some emotional trouble he can't deal with sober, opiates make you really warm and fuzzy and apathetic to everything meaning the word could be crumbling down around you but if you're high then it doesn't matter, a relapse is a return to old behaviour which leads to using again, when you relapse on any substance the it gets worse and the use gets more frequent and in higher amounts.

I believe so, he is drunk right now and has taken opiates today

I respect drug dealers more than anything.
The war on drugs is one the greatest violations of human rights of today.

Every person who supports the war on drugs should be executed. Communist scum.

I don't care about the illegal part, i care about his health. This is killing him quickly

Snorting it is worse because it is easy to take a higher dose and it will damage tissue the more you do it. It burns just snorting a drug and eventually would fuck up your nasal cavities. The worst thing, though, is just how easy it is for him to consume more. Also it's more direct, so he's got a greater control on the doseage since he doesn't have to wait for them to digest, and that's not good either!

What's the high? Shitty. Why the fuck do people do them? Seriously it's fucking retardedly shitty, it's like the only reason someone must do them is because it's addicting and/or because it's easy to get for some reason and they're retards. It's like the worst and unappealing high you could possibly get. He can't smoke weed? Is it not legal there? Don't you live in a civilized country?

i agree that the war on drugs is a terrible thing, but you probably shouldnt look up to dealers, lol. a lot of them are shitty people

Yes, a lot of them indeed are, but at least they don't restrict your ability to do things to your own body.

No they just take advantage of customers for monetary gain......like everything else in capitalism....shit.

It is illegal here but trust me if he got caught with pills it would be alot worse than getting caught with pot. He says he does not like the way pot makes him feel.
He has alot of background in drugs, and addictions. He use to take a sheet of acid a week, snorted a little coke here and there.
He says he likes pills because they actually make him want to do things and they help him work, they do not interfere with his ability to work but he likes the head high. he use to have pain problems but he is not taking them for that

They don't take advantage of anyone. Trade is a voluntary deal between two people.

alcohol + opiates is really bad. Great way to die =/

Am I the only person who thought of this immediately while reading OP's faggy post?

Has something happened recently that stressed him out and made him use again? If that's why he's doing it, get him help. Otherwise, it's his business.

This guy ain't from the us.

Listen dude the u.s is 1/6 of the worlds population, and we consume about 75% of the worlds prescription drugs.
NS for the high this guy has it wrong. First off opiates come from a plant that grows naturally. And is one of the oldest. The high takes away all pain, and numb you from the world..currently on 80mg of oxycodone. Snorting them make it hit you faster and harder, but doesn't last as long nor do you get as much as the drug, since oxycodone has a high AB orally,

He can work while he's high, it's probably because he's too comfortable and weak willed that he can't get the willpower to work like that. He has to be numbed as fuck and uncomfortable to truly be able to function. That sucks!

He is an addict once an addict always an addict.

Yeah I'd be a little worried if I were you. Sounds like a relapse. You should ask him first about it though, if he's in pain again he might need it (but that doesn't mean it won't be a problem in the future).

Snorting it is definitely a bad sign, it indicates he's looking for the pleasure, and not just pain relief.

I don't have experience with pain killers so I can't really answer your questions about that, but if you have any general questions about addiction, shoot.

>the u.s is 1/6 of the worlds population
Are you kidding? India or China are 1/6 of the world's population. America is like 5%

That's pretty solid liver failure territory.

pls b ancap

Also there very hard on your liver and kkidneys. ..and breathing path ways if inhaling them. Withdraw depends on your amount, and how long you use..I'd your going to do them..only doin it for 2 days then quit for atleast 3 for your body to clean it self, and not become dependent

Addiction is voluntary? You must be sober

I'm never the one that would tell somebody what they can and can't do, but it's clearly effecting you and that's not cool.

Opiates and alcohol together is bad news anyway. Should show him articles of people that died from that shit, maybe something might click in his head.

Plus he's snorting. He's not doing it for pain.

Put one on a piece of foil and smoke it, gets you higher that way

He just relapsed. Its where he failed to get off the shit and is now back on a drug.

Snorting them is worse, its also rather trashy. Taking them through the nose/lungs is introducing them straight to the blood stream. His next step is either going to be smoking them, or he will go straight to the last step of injecting him.
If you don't stop him now, he is going to die. His kidneys are most likely already fucked, he already has a higher chance of kidney failure.

No..the secand chance is real. ..just uncommon

Who forced you to start using? Take some responsibility of your own life faggot.

My bad your right ment 6% like I said 80mg right now

I would begin preparing yourself to find his corpse. I know it sucks but if he is mixing percocet and booze he obviously is on his way out.

My dad was an alcoholic. It sucks but honestly not a lot you can do unless they ask for your help.

Its not that you were forced, just that you cant stop.

If the whites of his eyes start going yellow, it's probably too late for the intervention.

You don't know what your talking about, quit scaring the kid. People live like that for years..

He would still be an addict. He will never not be an addict.

Too bad then, it's still not the dealers fault.
If I buy a knife and slit my throat should the person who sold me knife be charged with murder?

OP said his skin and eyes were changing colour, those are signs of liver failure. He might not die anytime soon (ie

He is dying, and my little brother still lives with him and he is only 12. He has been drinking and taking them for years and it is killing him, i don't want to see my dad die before i am 30

my bad, skimmed over that bit. bad habit :(

No they just rip you off.

> snorting not for pain

This, because oxycodone gives more of the drug orally

>for years

You hear that your dad only has a few years left. Sad really.

Never understood why people get hooked on them. They make it so you can't shit. Then you can't get a hard on. They quit helping for pain after a couple weeks. Total waste of money and ineffective pain killer.

Besides, I like to fuck my wife. A dick that doesn't work means no sex. I like sex too much. Tried Lyrica and it had no other effect than keeping me from cumming. Who would take something so awful? It ruins the best part of life. I fucked my wife for 2 solid hours before we both just gave up. It wasn't that fun.

But pot keeps life bearable so of course it's illegal.

he's pretty stupid to snort them if theyre percocets, mostly acetominophen/paracetamol and he's gonna destroy his sinuses with the filler. Opiod addiction is very hard to kick if the patient doesn't have strong willpower. The withdrawal is so bad (especially at recreational doses) that it is painful unless you do it under medical assistance with methadone

We're not talking about knives. We're talking about a substance designed for one thing. Not like a knife that is a tool.

I am not a child, but i am only 23 and i don't want my dad to die yet, my grandfather and grandmother just died, i don't want to lose someone that close. I understand what happens happens but this hurts more than i expected it to.

If I go and buy a bottle of vodka from a liquor store and get alcohol poisoning from it which later kills me, should the shopkeeper be charged with murder?

The only thing I can see helping is trying to point out to him that he has a family who cares about him/relies on him. Sounds totally cheesy, but being totally honest and upfront about his value to the family, as well as the damage he may cause if he doesn't tone down the drugs could well be an effective way of talking some sense into him, if you haven't tried that already.

Probably worth remembering that detoxing from opiates is painful, dangerous and scary (simply due to the exceptionally strong physical addiction which opium causes, the withdrawal after a prolonged habit will be nasty), it'd be worth letting him know that you'd be there for him if he did try to come off the drugs.

If you wanna get your dad to stop, the first thing to do is to get him to side with you. He needs to quit because he wants to, and you need to attempt to coerce him into doing so.

If he says no because of withdrawls, I pray to god you don't live in the USA. If you don't live in the USA, go and buy Kratom, and instruct him to take that. Kratom will essentially take away Opiate withdrawals completely, nasty stuff to drink, but it helps beyond belief.

If you are in the USA, go and try get Kratom as fast as possible, starting Oct. 1st, it's a schedule 1 drug, not because you get "high", or it's "dangerous", but because it is more effective than literally anything an FDA approved drug can do, and companies realize that and are trying to stop it.

In Alabama when Kratom was scheduled, the death's from Opiate overdose literally doubled.

You sound like a fucking twelve year old.

Tell him to get on Suboxone.

"Dad, I care about you. Please, go on Suboxone."

I get that but the universe is a cold uncaring place. If there were a bookie taking odds I'd bet on your father dying within a few years. Aside from calling the cops on your dad all you can do is talk to him and if he is mixing opiates and booze he obviously doesn't give a fuck about you or anyone else anymore he just wants to die.

He was on suboxone, he took that and it worked for a while, he even quit for a while. Then he took it with the opiates.

kratom helped with my opiate addiction, if you go this route better start stockpiling that shits becoming illegal in a week.

Snorting is worse than taking them orally.

He started taking them again because the psychological addiction is ridiculously strong. Physical withdrawal is hell, but only lasts for a few days. Psychological withdrawal is nearly overwhelming and can linger for years. I'm pretty strong willed and I struggled with opiates. It took a couple years of being clean to really be free from the addiction. The problem is that it just takes one moment of weakness to go back and fuck it all up. Opiates really feel fucking great, and it's hard to turn that away.

I'm sorry your father is stuck in this place. I'm sorry for him and I'm sorry for you. It sucks to watch someone you love go through that. It's my belief that a person can only get clean if they really want to. Try talking to him about it. But calmly. Remember that you're not really talking to just a person; you're talking to a drug. You're talking to an addict.

It's not your place to have to do this with your father, and it's too bad he's put you in this situation, but maybe you can help him. I don't think rehab is necessary. The way I quit was totally cutting every person even remotely related to pills out of my life. Deleted all numbers, etc. And I truly wanted to stop. Maybe you can help him get there.

You can get a hard on, shitting is overrated, also under the effects of opiates: euphoria

Hey OP I have been working several years in a project studiyng about when and how people get of drugs, and which kind of treatments work.

Let me first tell you, relapses are very normal. Up to 70% relapse within the first 3 monthes, up to 80-85 % relapse with the first half year. In general it takes between 5-15 ommisions before people stay clean and stop relapsing.

The best effects on treatments where actually not the treatment program, but their social network. Seek help in you and your fathers network (who are not drunks/druggies), and help him realize he is to important to die. Also make sure he get's help to what ever emotinal pains he is going through.

I really hope you can find something that works for your father. I my self have lost some of my closets friends to opiates.

Tell him that. You're a good son.

Make a plan with him. Don't do the soboxone shit, that's just trading one addiction for another. Him him ween off. I quit cold turkey, but that's not for everybody. Help him to take half of what he's taking currently for a week or so. Then a little less and so on until it's done. It won't be easy. He has to want to quit.

(same person as )

Ive been turned away from the counter because i would go there day after day buying some liquor. It pissed me off at the time like who the fuck do you think you are? But now im grateful. Ive also had friends who deal, knowingly supply and kill other friends thru OD because of their thirst for money when they knew that person needed help. You can look at it all politically and removed but we're only human.

For some suboxone means that they can start putting back their livea again before quitting em. Hard druggies mix suboxone with alcohol because it then gives a opiate like buzz.

Just saying, for some it's not such a bad idea to stop the cravings/withdravel effects and get a grip before they quit for good

"When you get drunk your brain releases a buzz"? Are you a retarded nigger faggot 15 year old? Admit it, you've never touched a tit let alone had a "buzz"

Faggot.

>there
You mean apap.

OP you should fuck your mom to teach your dad a lesson about neglecting her to get high.