5 cents

5 sents

5 cents faggot

£0.08

5 cents, 5 minutes, 47 days

5 sents

S cent5

10 cent lol, 1 + 0.10 = 1.10

Who cares? A bat and ball that cheap would be made of paper anyway.

explanation as to why its 5 cent please

If tax no exist
Is ten cents

taxes

10 cents, is this a joke or is everyone just plain retarded?

5 cents

because 5 + 1.05 (the bat costs $1 more remember) = $1.10

i'm about to feel retarded but i have seen this before and never understood the explanations from buzzfeed and others so can someone explain it to me?

That company is going to go out of business quickly unless they raise their price points.

5 cents retards

gotta be bait

Bat costs $1 more
Ball costs 5 cents.

Therefore the bat is $1.05 + 5c from the ball totaling at $1.10

Never ceases to amaze me how fucking retarded the people on here are

x + 1 + x = 1.10
2*x = 10
x = 29

it would be 10 cents if the total cost would be $1.20

5 cents for ball, 1 dollar 5 cents for bat = 1 dollar 10 cents, the bat costs 1 dollar more than the ball.

"no John, you are the retards"

and then he was a Republican

2*x = 0.10*

lol

( x ) + ( x + 1.00 ) = 1.10

It's 5 cents.

Kindergarten drop out detected

Kek

you might be retarded.

(1+x) + x = 1.10
2x = .10
x = .5

to check

(1+.5) + .5 = 1.10
1+ (.5 * 2) = 1.10
1 + (.10) = 1.10
1.10 = 1.10

IF x + y = $1.1
AND x = y + $1
THEN y + $1 + y =$1.1
> y = $0.05
> x = $1.05

(100 + ball) + ball = 110
2ball = 10
Ball = 5 cents

Anyone saying 10c is stupid simply becos, the obvious answer to these things is never the answer. It's always a bit trickier, so think for a minute it won't hurt you

What kind of Auschwitz kindergarten did you go to that forced you to do math instead of letting you play with toys, play outdoors and take naps.

The ball is free with purchase of a new wooden bat. 10 cents is the taxes. 5 cents sales taxes and 5 cents on the dollar special arena taxes that was voted in.

are you a joke or just plain retarded? its 5 cents

0.05 + (1 + 0.05) = 1.10

10 cents would be 1.20

They made me start doing multiplication, division and reading comprehension in kindergarten at my parents request and the teachers recommendation.

Feelsbadman

Stanley?

And yet somehow you ended up on Cred Forums with the rest of us.

If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets

How long does it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

Second answer on

Don't know, but if a chicken and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half how long does it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick all the seed out of a dill pickle?

Retard here.

Couldn't the bat be 1.06 Dollars and the ball 4 cents, etc?

five minutes

Asian detected.

then the bat would be 1.01 more than the ball, etc

No, because the bat is exactly 1 dolla more than the ball, meaning 0.04 + 1 =/= 1.06.

yes, but then the bat would cost $1.02 more than the ball instead of the specified $1

People would answer 5 min. However, this is not a correct answer as you completely forget the other factors to produce like power, personell, logistics, EHS, space, transportation and so on. It's more like 100 min

Alright, thanks

No.

Sadly.

Am I racist if I say I'm white and proud? Hmm...

>taxes
Capitalist swine

there would be a lot of work involved in upgrading to 100 machines, but in the end you would still have about the same efficiency if not even more

Nope, I'm working partly also as a process manager. Imagine you need one forklift for 5 machines. 100 machines would require 20 forklifts on paper, let's go with that. As soon as this happens, you have to put in driving zones and e.g. reduce the driving speed of the forklifts to prevent crashes. The same goes for receiving department, dispatch and so on. Scale up is always very complicated.

Why did you use two variables? You didn't have to use two variables.

Kek

If the ball is five cents that would make the bat 1.05 more then the ball you fucking retards.

How many people here genuinely figured out the answer instead of riding the memetrain and seeing the answer get reposted 100 times from years ago?

I'm retarded and thought the ball was .10

This question is old and is given in a couple different forms, usually involving sports. I just remember the answer from the first time I figured it out.

Surely you jest, you master baiter.