Ask a schizophrenic anything

ask a schizophrenic anything

what would you say is it that defines you as schizophrenic ?

i have a few questions because i think i'm going to get it because my mom and grandma and great grandpa have it
what was it like developing it?
what are early signs?
what is it actually like?
how does it affect you in everyday life?
when was you diagnosed?

Should I jack off or go to sleep

Have you been diagnosed by a licensed doctor or are you just some edgy faggot who read about it online.

do you ever think about putting a tooth pick under your big toe nail then kicking the wall as hard as you can?

when I don't take my meds I get psychotic.

I'm usually not religious, but when I get psychotic I get hyper religious, think I'm some sort of messiahs, or even God himself in the end, go on batshit insane adventures to wake up humanity, think everything including god and angels speak to me trough the world and also in my head directly, see signs for me everywhere, basically I get batshit insane, and live through things that are hard to even put into words, in short an insane spiritual rollercoaster, a deep mystical experience: madness.

jack off real quick then go to sleep

diagnosed when I first got locked up in the ward, that was 8 years ago, I see a psychiatrist regularly every other week or so since then

>what was it like developing it?
developed it rather suddenly, thought I reached enlightenment trough meditation first, but it was just psychosis
>what are early signs?
depression, social withdrawal
>what is it actually like?
when psychotic and unmedicated very strange experience, hard to explain, medicated incredibly boring, I can't even work with those meds, too sedating
>how does it affect you in everyday life?
I can't work with the meds, I lurk on here a lot, it's boring
>when was you diagnosed?
long time ago in 2009

what kind of things do you see or hear. Are there reoccurring entities or themes or is it pretty much random.

religious themes

which is surprising because I'm usually more of an atheist or at least an agnostic

>religious themes

>developed it rather suddenly, thought I reached enlightenment trough meditation first, but it was just psychosis

Have you considered that possibility that maybe you've just made contact with the other side. What do they tell you if anything.

For some reason this reminds me. I once met a woman in the ward who taught her left hand was "the sin" so she hacked it off with a kitchen knife, also set herself on fire for some reason, she didn't look too good.

If so then communication is difficult and it only goes through my mind like a filter and I have to be very cautious in trying to interpret it.

It's very hard to make sense of it all. I think if anything then this has teached me that there might be another side, that there might be a god.

They made me scribble something on my wall, something that I should never forget for life: the message was simple: "Everything, everything, will be allright."

That was it. In these psychotic months if felt like they tried to teach me many philosophical truths about life and everything but it was so difficult to comprehend, I thought I had it all figured out back then, but now I can't be sure of anything anymore, maybe it was all just made up in my mind, but I sincerely have to doubt that.

Maybe I need to go back there some day in the future, but not this soon, it's very exhausting. And my poor psychiatrist would want to kill me for just thinking about that.

as someone who is diagnosed bipolar with manic episodes of psychosis I can relate to these feelings looking at things scientifically and objectively before entertaining ideas such as this helps me keep a stable mind without having to sacrifice my will to search for these truths
keep an open mind to multiple possibilities and different interpretations of these "messages" and never sacrifice your own interpretation for those of others while still allowing feedback from outside interpretations
I feel you brother what a long strange trip it's been

also meds are a necessary bitch aren
t they

Do you draw spirals?

>also meds are a necessary bitch
sure are, last psychosis nearly killed me, I went into catatonia for a week, so I didn't drink or eat or anything anymore when they finally found me I was awfully dehydrated.. those meds are awful but they are also a life saver.
couldn't agree more, I try to entertain all possible points of view, from the psychiatric perspective to very religious or even very occult and esoteric and my own psychotic very out there interpretations of things, and always open and evern eager for feedback and new points of views. Basically I have no clue whats going on around here with life and everything, but I don't think anyone else has it nailed down either, we're all just more or less guessing here when it comes to the really big questions. and if I may say so people with psychotic experiences like us are some of the more educated guessers imho.

why spirals?

How do I go about telling if I'm schizophrenic? I think I might be for the following reasons:

1. I hallucinate the image of a girl in a white dress. I think it's the same girl, but she ranges in age of about 10 to 30 years old (usually around 20-25).
2. I often times hear people calling my name or saying things. It's to the point where I have difficulty identifying when people actually are addressing me sometimes. I one time heard a girl singing from somewhere inside the house while home alone. It got to the point where I turned music up really loud to drown it out because it was screwing with my head.
3. I often times feel people touch me (poking me, sliding their hand over my skin, etc.) even when I know nobody is touching me and can clearly see the body part that's feeling it.

All these symptoms get worse when I'm tired.

It's a different kind of schizo than I have but it sound like schizo to me too, but I'm not a psychiatrist of course.

You should probably see one about that.

Thanks. I figured that'd be it. It's not a danger to myself or others (yet) so I'll probably just ignore it like I have been for the past few years. I developed it about 2-4 years ago and it hasn't been too bad so far. If I ever feel like I'm going to hurt someone, I'll go see a psychiatrist.

Is Cred Forums real or just in your head?

If you wrote "allright" it's a message from God.
If you wrote "alright" your brain is just tucked up.

do you also hear the phonecalls? because holy shit its so loud. fellow schizo here

DO YOU SUCK DICKS!?

How to cure cancer?

How are you guys doing?

got me

you two are thinking of dissociation identity disorder or multiple personality disorder, not schizophrenia, these are two very different things

the joke is theres voices in his head. i think we know the difference, youre black

Do you Timotei?