Any advice on how to stop a serious drinking habit?

any advice on how to stop a serious drinking habit?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Easyway-Control-Alcohol/dp/1848374658
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Set your local stores on fire. Kill your neighbors. Kill yourself.

Do it, or don't.

AA

Get a forehead tattoo that tells people to not sell or give you anything alcoholic.

I too would like information on this. Its not as simple as saying juice for booze at a nice dinner or anything like that. I think its more of noone around me currently controls me to stop me is my problem.

Yes, stop drinking seriously. If you have no inner brake to say, well that is enough. You need to stop.drinking.

quit your job so you have no money. Being broke made it much easier for me to quit smoking cigarettes

Get thrown in jail, or go to an AA meeting.

I feel like I'm on the verge. Like, it's not bad enough to go to AA, but it's also bad enough that it's getting in the way of my goals. I want to stop, but I find it's the only way I can relax come the evening. I drink most nights. Not to excess. I only get super drunk some of the time, and mostly that's around friends, only occasionally it'll be myself. It hasn't affected my job or any of my relationships and I don't think it ever will. It's just a very mild case of alcoholism.

Just wait for a Black Lives Matter protest.

Why did u can't cockgarblers even start in the first place? Did You think it would make you friends? Did you think it would make you cool? If you didn't have enough personal control to prevent it from becoming a problem, then you're certainly not gonna have enough personal control to get yourself out of it. This is why you need to go to people who have been dealing this with for longer than you've been alive. they know what works and what doesn't work. Get yourself into either AAA or treatment program. The only person who can take the first step is you. But stop trying to think for yourself about this. Because it is your thinking that got you where you are. So you going to need somebody else's thinking to get you out of it.

Just stop buying beer dumbass.

It's just a way of life where and who I'm from I guess. Some people have a problem with it, others reign it in. For those that drink, we're all alcoholics in our own way.

Eat all your liqour instead

Well I guess it comes down to: is alcohol preventing you from being happy? If it is then please seek help. If it isn't then the choice is yours, you can keep drinking. I wish you the best. I know it's a very strong cultural thing in, for example, England. And these people function and go to work and have families but they also go to the pub a lot and drink a lot. If it works for them and they're happy, Then it's ok.

>its not bad enough to go to AA

Thats why you should go. Quit while you're ahead. Because if you keep drinking, things will eventually get very bad and it will be harder to quit.

Alcohol has the power to take everything from you believe me.

Go to a meeting, they're free, you aren't really expected to do much or say much at first. But it is eye opening to hear first hand just how bad it could get for you. You might be surprised that a lot of drinkers can start out where you are... and then end up a fucking trainwreck.

Non-alcoholics don't sit around winderinf whether or not they are an alcoholic.

do it for your testicles
choose the path of pursuing maximum testosterone, it's a better life, as you have no doubt by now started to figure out otherwise you wouldn't be here

Read this book. Guy's a genius.

amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Easyway-Control-Alcohol/dp/1848374658

Only drink beer in terms of alcohol for a month, then only soft beer for another month
> problem solved in 2 months

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but if you're serious about going into recovery, don't use AA. Or at the least, don't feel like it's the only option. There are other schools of recovery that are much more in tune with what science is learning about addiction. Rational Recovery, or Smart Recovery are both much better in my personal opinion. More empowering as opposed to AA and NA which basically tell you that you're a worthless faggot without God.

Do LSD. It has proven to help many people become sober immediatly after, because you get insight of yourself, and learn alot about yourself.

The original creator of AA wanted LSD to be the last step in the programme, but it wasn't allowed

The last line of this post

He was also an ex-cultist whose recovery program was heavily influenced by it.

This! Very much this.

just stop drinking. It's that simple. Don't purchase alcohol. How fucking retarded do you have to be to not be able to wrap your head around something so simple?

Idk how you phaggots get addicted to poison

>hurrdurr drunk
>hangover
> waste whole day and night
>repeat

Here's a solution kys
Or how about just stop fucjing drinking??

get help. if it is very serious and you try to do it yourself you could end up in the hospital and/or dead.

Well assuming you actually care to know why, and aren't just talking out of your ass, it's because a drug called dopamine is used as a reward mechanism by your brain, to cause you to want to repeat certain actions because it makes you feel good. The more important the action is to your survival, the more dopamine your brain releases, so eating after starving for a whole week, or being able to breathe after being underwater for a long time, are things that cause your brain to release major amounts of dopamine.

Consuming alcohol or any drug also activates a dopamine reward, but it is normally a rather small reward. To people who are predisposed to addiction, they get a huge dopamine rush akin to having done something that just saved their life. It's not as simple as simply telling them "just don't drink," anymore than you can just tell a person not to fucking breathe, because their brain has told them that these are equally important actions.

to add on to what said, when you are addicted and you try to stop, your brain is actively freaking out and makes you feel like your mentally starving. The brain is used to the feeling of the alcohol and doesn't understand why the flow has stopped and assumes you are in bad shape so it starts to trigger symptoms like you are hungry/tired such as agitation, mood swings, and etc.

If you are addicted to anything, just stopping is the worst idea you could possibly do. The fact you do not even understand the basics of brain reactions, the chemicals they produce and the fact your solution is what a child would think of shows not only your lack of education but how dumb you are to lack the understanding of trying to be in someone's shoes.

i made sure i was always out of the house whenever i could. i stayed where people were. when the craving hit i grabbed the first guy i saw and said im an alcoholic and im having a craving to drink. can you give me 2 minutes of yout time to help me get through it by letting me suck your cock? youd be surprised how many helpful people there are.

kek, but some people actually have said that giving oral sex is helpful in dealing with tobacco withdrawals. Dat oral fixation