>flipping water bottle next to friend
>water bottle slips out of my hand
>hits friend's phone, knocking it out of his hand
>the phone hits the ground and dies
>friend is thoroughly asshurt and wants $200
>the phone was damaged before it RIP'd.
>he's talking about filing a police report
>mfw somefriendhuh.html

How screwed am I? What's the likelihood I'll have to pay?

Offer to pay a share, you did cause it to finally die after all

He wouldn't go to such drastic measures if he was your "friend"

You should take this example OP to realize that there aren't any real friends out there.. Just pay him and never speak to him again

Don't give him shit. Seriously, if he wants to be such a twat that he is threatening police involvement, don't give him shit. If he does go to the police, you don't know wtf he is talking about.

Guy is clearly an asshole, if he goes to the police (which he probably won't) just say you didn't do it, he can't prove shit

Suck his dick and lick his asshole.

What do you suggest should the guy do? Ignore that op fucking broke his phone? If he wants the same phone again that's his call and op must replace it - easy as that.
Or even better - buy the same model used off ebay or some shit and give it to him.

>Being a fucking idiot and breaks friends phone
>Thinks he doen't owe the guy anything

You entitled faggot.

It's not me trying to be entitled, it's just that I don't feel I should have to pay $200.

Get the same phone somewhere cheaper then.

Then go out there and try to get a WORKING phone of the same brand and slightly better condition for less than 200 bucks and give it to this guy.

This seems plausible.

This. Don't be a cheap bitch get him the same phone at a discount then tell your "friend" to suck a dick. Or just tell him to fuck off and forget it. People who involve cops over little shit like that are the drain hole of society. Officer whoever-the-fuck has better things to do than listen to a little bitch cry about his broken toys.

"Friend" should have held on to it better.

The amount of money is so petty and there's no criminal intent (you didn't steal his phone, break it intentionally, etc.) so even if he went to the police I doubt they'd do anything about it.

Your friend is a little bitch for threatening to get the cops involved over something so trivial, however you should still pay for the phone since you broke it.

Just give him the money and cut him loose

You're the kind of guy who would defend people who ruin others days for youtube clicks and start screaming "it's just a prank bro" when they're about to face consequences.

God, you sound like such a shitty person to be around.

You broke his phone, did you offer to get it repaired?
Did you offer anything of EQUAL value to replace his broken phone?

Sounds like you fucked up, and now you're look for any excuse to avoid owning up.

Make it right, or do us all a favor and fuck off and kill yourself.

This, fucking this.

OP here, I'd like to add that the phone's not entirely kill, just semi-kill. It still functions, it's just basically a piece of shit now.

Since he threatened police I wouldn't give him shit, but since I'm not an asshole after I knocked the phone out of his hand I would have offered to pay for at least a portion of it. So idk.

If no camera/video evidence, deny everything. Say you had an argument and he's just making some shit up to fuck you over. No evidence = no crime.

Your friend is a pussyboy. I think you owe him but not 200 dollars. But man, as soon as he involved the police I wouldn't give him jack shit. Cops won't even do anything without proof

>friend
>police report

I don't think this person is a "friend" or we have very different definitions of the word "friend"

>i just scratched his shitty car really bad, but since it still drives i don't think i owe him anything

I would give him nothing for acting up like a two faced cumguzzler.
He can't prove shit.

Huge difference in automobiles and handheld electronics bro. In either case, they's need to prove the damage wasn't there prior to the purported incident.