Join the Space Marines

99% of anything a veteran says is horseshit

I don't think it can be that bad

>BRED

autistic faggot

i joined the french foreign legion

I've worked with Marines
Fucking incompetent

Well you'll never know you fuckin pussy.

If /k/ is anything to go by, your ego will become more inflated than the Zimbabwean dollar and not much else. Choose Army and don't become an asshole.

grueling boot camp worst 1-3 months of your life that push you to the brink then it becomes a desk job long hours no play until deployment. thats what happens. pay depends on where you end up deploying. higher danger== more money. and thats it. best TL:DR out there

I'm a Marine and bootcamp isn't hard physically if you are in any kind of decent shape, but mentally it fucking sucked because you just get fucked with from the moment you wake up until you go to sleep by your drill instructors.

My experience was alright I guess.

Wait. Nothing happens after boot camp?

In response to this, I will say bootcamp is the easiest part of it all because they literally tell you what to do and where to be at all times so you really don't need to think just do what you're told it's literally all about obedience to orders, but a lot of recruits lose all common sense in their time there so just try to stick to yourself and know the real Marine Corps isn't anything like bootcamp for the most part and it's all temporary and you will get used to it. Your first week there will be the worst and you'll get better at all the things they'll have you do.

After boot camp you go ITB/MCT then to Recon School.

Well no, you go to Combat Training for a month if you are a POG or ITB if you are infantry and then after Combat Training you'll go to MOS school and learn the job you signed up for when you were recruited, and DO NOT let your recruiter talk you into an open contract or a contract longer than 4 years unless your school for you MOS is a year or longer. And then after school you'll do your job until you get out or deploy and do real Marine shit

I'm a Marine and I literally never talk about it at all to anybody unless they ask and when I get out I will not talk about it unless asked. I want to forget most of the time and feel like a normal person.

Started to sound a bit worrying for a second.
So how long is boot+combat training+MOS school on average and how does leadership training work?

Some of your colleagues aren't as well-behaved and humble.

It is shit. Go Air Force or Navy.

Totally depends on your chosen MOS.

Ask the recruiter.

What are you considering?

Bootcamp plus MCT is 4 months, I believe ITB is 3 months because if you're infantry that's your mos school. And mos school depends on what your school is, they aren't all set. Harder jobs have longer schools.

Hey look, quads

My father served in the Marines during the Vietnam War. He and my mother divorced when I was very young. I never knew him even though he lived less than half an hour away. He killed himself ten years ago.

Oh, I'm not OP. Just curious about American military. I've already served and I'm now in reserve.
But hypothetically, let's say I wanted to be the Marine equivalent of an Army Ranger. What's ahead of me?

So around six months minimum?

Yey!

Bootcamp, ITB, Recon School.

So around seven months. How tough is the Recon School? And if I wanted to be a NCO?

NCO depends on your MOS they rely on a cutting score. NCO in Recon is hard to make and making it out of Recon school is hard. Recon is Scout Sniper and it's a lot of swimming and hazing, not to mention you need to be a good shot with a sniper rifle. Essentially you need to be a fish that can shoot.

Go Navy m8, you get alot of stupid gay jokes but at least you can end up with a viable skill and experience after

I leave January 23rd 2017

Watched some clips on YouTube and I think I could pull it off, if I trained swimming a bit. Doesn't look much different in terms of physical and psychological fatigue than what I've already done. Definitely tough though. Never understood, why some have hazing in their training.

LOL I SAID THE SAME