So, anyone play it yet? Looks pretty fun. I only just got back into the game but only got the WOD expansion...

So, anyone play it yet? Looks pretty fun. I only just got back into the game but only got the WOD expansion. Curious to hear your guys' experiences.

Other urls found in this thread:

valkyrie-wow.org/about/
youtube.com/watch?v=Sy-evYPR3Uo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ewwww. That game is, like, satanic and stuff.

I really enjoyed the leveling, didn't seem such a boring grind, which was a nice change! But I burned out on it after doing about 100+ world quests and grinding rep! Now I'm just waiting for for my subscription to run out and will probably never go back, well I say probably but all ex wow players know you can never say never!

(You)

Yep thats true. I haven't played since 08 when I was still a school kid. Although I'm really enjoying it as it is now.

It was good for a fortnight, now it's same old. Raid spam with some minor activities on the side.

Hold off. Due to how they make your artifact weapon scale, if you haven't been playing since launch and invested all your time grinding out one character, you're already weeks behind and will remain weeks behind. There are currently no catch up mechanics to speak of.

Levelling was alright, but world quests and the (current) end game is boring as shit.
That boredom is even more amplified by artifacts and artifact power, which is just a sad excuse for gameplay.

It's just way too easy now, here have a quest which you would of done while leveling, but wait, now when you kill x amount of shit you will a freaking epic item! Great game blizzard, you was so close this time aswell!!

Artifact stories are 95% pulled out of their ass creating nameless lore weapons
Leveling was forced
Lowed dungeon xp by 75%,alt unfriendly
world quests are veiled dailycraft v2.0
Raid bosses are retarded, look retarded(not a single new boss model this expac)

Avoid like the plague

They wont even bring in sargeras
ITS THE FUCKING

Fuck that. Vanilla and TBC were the only good WoW versions. Everything else was shit tier dumbed down for fucking casuals.

lol retail, come play elysium

valkyrie-wow.org/about/

>SARGERAS

First of all.. most of the raids arn't here yet. Second, this is not Sargeras place, this is ours. Second, Sargeras is like.. game over. If we kill him we kill legion and there goes all the universes problems. Its like a he-man MMO with a skeletor raid, after you kill him whats left?

I agree with you on the other points though. Dungeon XP is retarded, VERY ALT unfriendly because you will be required to do %90 of the quest in ALL ZONES to unlock world quest and complete your class hall quest which is your entire end game. I am not to worried about this point yet, I think blizz will realise when people get board they take off instead of play alts and thus they will break off these requirements.

Havn't raided yet.

It's not very alt friendly

Has anyone here ever gotten the 1 in 1000 drop on a raid? Just in general

Error posting test

It's not very spec-changing friendly either, but honestly I'm okay with that

though tanks are absurdly OP in PvP

lol @ wow kids thinking they were hardcore back in teh day. WoW has always been about catering to casuals from the very beginning. It's why the game was popular. You wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in the hardcore mmo's that came before wow.

world top 500 guild user here
Pro
The questing is very fun and interesting with good story.
Dungeons are good and can be as difficult as you can handle with mythic+ The raiding is extremely good. and its not a big hurdle to get into basic raiding anymore. just dont to lfr because i believe in you.
the game dose not feel dead anymore. with orderhalls and people constantly out in the worlds doing world quests meeting people. it feels like a proper mmorpg.
Most of the artifact weapons are fun to get and have a good story attached to them, with a few acceptations (unholy dk moonkin and fury warrior) for me anyway i only have 8 classes to 110 with all there weapons so far.
the artifact power grind kinda sucks the first time arround but on alts i dont notice at all. (basically you want to rush and get 16 points in your first weapon asap)
cons
the quality of players overall has droped from the fall off in wod and mop. but it is slowly recovering.
they made a few SPKS (6 that i can think of off the top of my head ) piratically unusable in raiding for any decent guild. they are planning on balancing after first raid tier so they dont have another mop first patch bullshit again.
overall 9/11 would blow up again

Most people who played wow were too young to know about everquest.

Spoken like a true casual.

because sargeras is the final boss of wow basically. artifact stories are not pulled out of their ass. but okay buddy

Wow, world top 500? That's so impressive!

I play WoW for one reason..

So far so good. Anyone bitching about rep grind or completing quests/attunement must have forgotten that part from the expansions they claim to say are the best.

Hopefully content patches don't suck ass. That's basically the only way they can fuck this up.

you just like my transmog so you are sucking up to me. but its okay

Nobody is saying old WoW is teh most hardcore mmo EVAR, at least nobody with a brain, but anyone who claims that new WoW isn't VASTLY more casual-friendly and overall easy than old WoW is kidding themselves.

Played hunter for almost a decade

Legion comes, hunter is a mindless turret of 3 buttons, allways focus starved, boring as fuck specs and melee gimmick spec

70% of skills removed

Welp, finally done with WoW, was good while it lasted

fucking furfags

This is the opposite opinion of the 4 people I know who bought this game.

No one's saying WoW is the most hardcore mmo, it's just that any mmos more hardcore than old WoW aren't compatible with living a fulfilling human life

Earlier ranks of artifact knowledge research gets faster as the time goes by.

There are still the Voidlords. You know, the reason why Sargeras decided to burn the whole creation, because he couldn't think any other way to fight them other than to leave them nothing to corrupt.

hunters have allways been mindless. i dont see the problem. if you want a class that takes at least some know how with the game go play an unholy dk. pets dots and a fun gameplay.

even in vanilla hunters would bind 2 things to scroll up and down. all they would do all raid is scroll up and down.

Marksmanship was allways dope, lots of tiny details and stuff to be aware of

You could very easily tell a good hunter from an exelent hunter, now its all the same, a macro can be a perfect hunter player

>Unholy DK
>Know How

You mean rolling face on keyboard?

wew someone who hasn't played unholy so far i see. if you need a refresher.
youtube.com/watch?v=Sy-evYPR3Uo

I can't believe people blew through the leveling within hours

Wow. Never don't think I've ever seen so many clueless people in one thread. Absolute scrubs high on the fact that they managed to hit lvl 70 in tbc haha.

>Artifact stories are 95% pulled out of their ass creating nameless lore weapons
What's wrong with that?
I agree there could have been a few more legacy weapons, mostly because I want Broxigar's axe, but I've enjoyed most of my artifact quests so far.
But I main Shaman and shammies got a bunch of sweet lore this expansion.

I can somewhat agree with TBC but vanilla is the epitome of the statement "It was shit and we liked it."
Everyone playing vanilla back then knew it was a broken unbalanced mess and everyone playing now knows it was a broken unbalanced mess.

>pandy baby detected

You wouldn't know son. Go back to cawa dooty

i absolutely agree with u there mate, exactly my feeling. Tho, Wrath of the Lich king was decent, went full retard from there, i mean panda, wtf right? went full chinese market value

I hear that.

>n somewhat agree with TBC but vanilla is the epitome of the statement "It was shit and we like
my issue with that statement is everyone was bad by today standards in tbc and vanilla. if you can find old kill videos of "top end " raiders they would look like the lfr dumpster trash that exists today. back then they may have been good back then, but everyone was shit. so what dose that really mean when you say all the other xpacks are shit. but being rose tinted and everything is cool. but if you had vinilla back today no one would play it. it was a broken game in a time when there was nothing better.

Sameish
Played because friends said it would be fun
And well, the only fun are the friends you play with. Not the game.

To me, the games design and story is pretty nice
But the game play is really disappointing, because it just seems like non of the developers plays it
It feels like a purely mathematical equasion if the gameplay should work rather than the game it was in classic or BC

>spamming frostbolt durning 4 min boss encounter that has 3 abilities max
>hard
this fucking meme gets me everytime

You never played back then so what would you know retard?

I played enough of vanilla to understand that the challenge in 40 man raiding wasn't the actual raids themselves, but finding enough people for your group that weren't complete retards.

Naxx, late AQ40 and Sunwell were the only encounters that were on the level of the harder Heroic WOTLK stuff like Alone in the darkness, Tribute to Immortality, The Immortal, etc.

i did play back then i hit cap and did some mc and BWL. i was the class leader priest in the guild and i was like 12 ? i think

Confirmed for never having raided @ lvl 60.

Just shut up son.

I did everything but Naxx, which to be fair was a legitimately hard raid compared to the rest of them, and I've also done a lot of that shit again on Nostalrius.

Vanilla raids were mechanically very simple compared to what we have today in Mythic raids, so simple I don't really understand how so many idiots managed to fuck them up.

I've played since the games inception. Go stroke your 3 incher to the thought of shadow labs you turbo-virgin

Bought the expansion. The pre-patch eviscerated Frost DK, so I played Blood. Leveled to 110. Game sux. Just cancelled my subscription.

Spec sucks =/= game sucks. Play something else you pathetic crybaby.

haven't even tried unholy. filthy casual.

Cry me a fucking river, my main is an affliction warlock.

Just came back from not playing since the release of cata. I enjoy it so far, doing my first raid in a few hours.

If it makes you feel better they buffed the fuck out of Frost on Friday.

Legion is about playing a class not just a spec.

THERE ARE PEOPLE ITT THAT NEVER EXPERIENCED WOW WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT

Affliction is such an odd beast to me.
Having no big dps cooldowns and the nature of DoTs means your damage just plateaus and the skill of the spec comes from maintinaing that level through the fight.

>not male dwarf ass
unsub >:(