I don't know why the babadook is so highly rated I thought it was a piece of crap

I don't know why the babadook is so highly rated I thought it was a piece of crap.

What's the scariest movie you've watched b?

>inb4 stupid joke about non related film

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m4qqaNMoYiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/thread

Wasn't bad
Wasn't great either

>baba dook dook dook!
^This cheesiness is what kept it from being great

the grifter

What a surprise

Rec was pretty scary imo. Or at least a good horror movie.

Oh and i forgot funny games.

The only scary park of the Babadook was the story book scene. The rest was shit.

angst (1983)

Consider the following:

Think of the movie as the mom having schizophrenia that was precipitated by the loss of her husband. The babadook isn't real, she's psychotic.

As someone whose parents did foster care, this story of a mom freaking the fuck out and trying to kill their kid is scary as fuck.

Nightlight. This was a super indie horror micro-budget horror, but imo they did almost everything right. They also almost killed one of their actresses with a train.

The start was slow but the end was great, you could feel that suspense building up

"Lights out" wasn't too bad.

The Exorcist and the original Night of the Living Dead scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.
Can't get scared by movies anymore though.

Come on faggots recommend some better shit.

depends on what gets to you but the last movie that got me was Fourth Kind because aliens always freaked me out. But that was quite a long time ago, eventually nothing really scares you. Actually the scariest movie I've seen in my adult life has been Requiem for a Dream especially as a casual drug user.

What do you guys think of the exorcist?

Its supposed to be one of the scariest

Babadook. One of the worst movies I've ever seen that had the balls to advertise itself as a genre it was not. It was not horror, it was a drama movie about the stress a small family endures when one of it's members dies early.

That and most of the "stress" of the movie is not that fun-fear eustress, it's the irritation of listening to an out of control toddler shriek, tantrum, and throw fits for nearly THE ENTIRE 2 hours running time. The only "horror like" aspects of the whole damn movie is there's about 3 or 4 jump scares in the whole thing.

I would say, out of every movie I've ever seen, I've managed to finish every one, but this was the closest I've ever got to turning it off. It was a fight at 5 minutes in when I was listening to her rotten child shriek and tantrum for 5 minutes, little did I realize, THAT'S ALL THE MOVIE IS.

So if you're someone who hates hearing out of control toddlers shreik, scream, cry, and throw fits; you're gonna have a particularly hard time with this one.

I can't really say anthing good about it except the art directly concerning the book and the babadook was pretty creepy in a cool way. Whoever was responsible for the style of the book and character (a villain you never actually see, I'll add) did their job well. The other writers/actors/directors/etc should be shot.

This was the most difficult to finish movie I've ever seen, a shitty mopey drama with a kid screaming the whole time advertised as a horror flick when it's not.

Every time I have an ab-crunching brick of a shit, I yell out "baba dook... Dook. DOOK!!!!!!" as I press out the anal abomination.

Something about yelling "dook!" while crunching the abs down helps press out even the stubbornest of grumpies

Bump

ass to ass scares you?

Honeymoon

Most modern horror movies are crap shitty story , shitty actors , shitty director , and some stupid jumpscares. I only enjoyed stranger things which is a serious because it had a nice creepy atmosphere a build up and strong characters instead of cheap stupid jumpscares.

I enjoyed this one: youtube.com/watch?v=m4qqaNMoYiA

Kansen/Infection.

I'm totally convinced that every "supporter" or person giving this movie a good review is a fucking troll or paid shill. Or simply the producers of a crowd funded movie trying to make a few more sales by promoting it on places like Cred Forums.

That movie sucked. As horror movies go, probably the very worse one I've ever seen, and not bad in a cheesy fun way either like The Thing. Just bad in the regular way.

Bone Tomahawk was excellent

Not incredibly scary but it will leave you going "holy shit... Holy shit... Holy shit..."

Two scenes in particular

That was a good movie. You don't see too many folks making a horror/western hybrid, let alone too many people that do it and make it work....

Doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as that turd Babadook.

It wasn't scary because it was a 2deep4u story where THE MONSTER IS DEPRESSION :^(
And the fact that the "monster" is just a dude in a fucking hat doesn't help either.

I haven't seen a scary movie in the longest time. The Houses October Built was pretty creepy though.

Because it was written by a womyn

The Grifter

I liked The Strangers and Sinister.

Can anyone confirm? Want to watch a scary movie tonight.

And none of that "OH BOY SPOOKY JUMPSCARE" bullshit.

Do NOT watch that one OP. That fucking movie made me and my GF break up. It's fucking disgusting and I think it's been banned from most Western countries.

outie belly button? gross!

Though I will acknowledge that the fecal properties of Babadook are unparalleled, I don't realistically understand how it can cause a fucking breakup.

But I will say this much, generally when women are breaking up with you, they try to do it in (what they perceive as) the most painless way possible, so they'll often list a stupid reason that they figure isn't too hurtful over the real reason that might sting a bit...

"Kill List", "Session 9", "Let Me In", and the original "The Blair Witch Project" are all pretty good to me.

You got it wrong. He also got it wrong.
I hope you both die peacefully in your sleep tonight.

>The Grifter

Fuck you, user.

Fuckin aye. Kill List is the shit. The Blair Witch is dope too.

>"Blaire Witch Project"
>"Hillary Clinton Hiking Video"

Is the grifter actually a thing? It's so fucking mixed that I can't tell.

>Expecting a different result from Cred Forums

DON'T GO LOOKING FOR IT! My brothers friend saw it and he was bever the same. Every time my brother went to see him he was just sitting in the dark. He said if it was dark he couldn't see it and it couldn't see him. He hanged himself a week later.

I'm calling huge amounts of bullshit on this

The Babadook is a nigger, that's the real horror.

It's not real, in other words.

Nah man it's true. My cousin saw it too. He's in a mental health facility, has been for 7 years. We found him just staring at his computer screen with blood coming out of the cornernof his eyes. His computer wasn't even on. After we called an ambulance we tried to turn his computer on but all that happened was the screen flashed and then it died. It managed to flip the main on the circuit breaker to so all the power went out. We just threw the computer out.