You receive a box with a red button and a note attached in the mail...

You receive a box with a red button and a note attached in the mail. The note says that you will get $5000 deposited in your bank account every time the button is pushed. However, every time you push the button, someone at complete random, whom you've never met dies instantly and painlessly. You will never know whose deaths you were responsible for.

Your family and friends are safe but it can be anyone else, no matter how old or young, rich or poor. You will be the only one who will know if you have pressed it or not, and you will have to live with your decision for the rest of your life.

So, how many times do you press it?

Bonus!
HARD MODE- You only get $1000 every time it's pressed.

IMPOSSIBLE MODE- $100/press, family and friends are no longer safe, the deaths aren't necessarily painless, you get a photo of every victim mailed to you.

KID MODE- $1 million/press, murderers/rapists/etc. are the only ones can be chosen at random.

Other urls found in this thread:

hebrew4christians.com/About_HFC/Death_Rate/death_rate.html
indie-games-ichiban.wonderhowto.com/news/goodbye-takahashi-meijin-worlds-fastest-button-presser-0127642/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The last 2 digits of my post, the last 3 if I get 10k and the photo of every victim

well since im not a moron id do kid mode and press that shit whenever i had the urge to get a million dollars

wasn't there a movie based off that

Time to stabilise the population.

Press until I'm the riches man on the planet, then keep pressing until all the stupid people are dead.

pretty simple
look at this website

hebrew4christians.com/About_HFC/Death_Rate/death_rate.html

is ANYONE going to ever notice an increase of perhaps one or two person every now and again?

Death at a global scale is just statistics. you adding one or two every now and then is barely an error.

Especially with the normal or hard mode, i'd just press it now and again without much remorse. Probably work my way steadily to 2 billion. at 5k per, 2B is 400,000 times. that's barely three day's worth of people dying spread over what, my whole life?

Literally statistical anomaly

I hate everyone so I would keep pressing it until everyone died and then have inbred sex with my cousin

Normal mode spam that fucker

Hard mode spam that fucker harder

Impossible mode, use it when i need cash

Kid mode/ literally spam it untill it stopes workinh

It was a story by Richard Matheson called "Button, Button". Made into a Twilight Zone episode in the eighties, and a movie called "The Box" a few years ago.

>hebrew4christians

Wut

I remember now
the movie was pretty dumb

Is there anything stopping me from pressing the button 7 billion times, other than time, patience, and fatigue?

You would be ok with being responsible for 400,000 deaths?

pretty sure it's impossible to reach 7 billion in your lifetime

Theres no reason you wouldnt be with that level of disociation.

For example go out and kill a cow or goat, youll feel shamed because youve been disociated with it

>IMPOSSIBLE MODE- $100/press, family and friends are no longer safe, the deaths aren't necessarily painless, you get a photo of every victim mailed to you.

....This world... and everyone in it... are doomed.

I would press it enough times to become a trillionaire, then buy a country and become king, surround myself with highly trained mercanaries and then make a grand announcement to the world.

I would tell them about my magic money-death box and then show them an automated button-pusher that would push the button a thousand times a second, then I would demand rights to the entire planet or I turn on the pusher.

For 5k I'd probably press it 50 times

what are you fucking 10?

...Honestly, You don't even need to give me the C-note for each press. I'll slap that fucking button with my hard cock and laugh gleefully. Fuck the human race.

the worlds fastest button pusher managed 16 presses in 1 second
indie-games-ichiban.wonderhowto.com/news/goodbye-takahashi-meijin-worlds-fastest-button-presser-0127642/
if constantly maintained that is 57,600 presses an hour, which is 1,382,400 presses a day
so it would take approximately 5,063 days of constant pressing at inhumane speed, which is only about 14 years. so maybe

literally what difference would it make

oh sure, booo waaaahh people died.

people die all over. by running your car, you're ensuring down the line the death of thousands due to pollution. by eating/living the american dream, we're destroying the earth and future generations.

besides all that, there's really no inherent value to human life. we'll all only return to dust and everything we do is equally meaningless to the busylife of ants.

do you ever stop and ponder the importance of the ant? guessed not. its a fact our society hasn't truly faced yet, in our so called post postmodernist state. we've had to face the inexplicably large size and emptyness of the void of space but we still havn't, not as a society, faced the true realization that we don't matter and have never mattered.

if you had, you'd press it as much as you needed to ensure a good life for you, because you know that it doesnt matter eitherway

here's a gay dragon, just for you

man I remember being 16

I would be rich as fuck so yeah, fuck 'em. We got 7 billion people on this planet, at least some of them are shitty anyway so who cares

I would try to convince people I could control who dies, for extortion purposes.