So i wanted to add clock widget to desktop. Can someone tell me where i can found one looking like in the picture...

So i wanted to add clock widget to desktop. Can someone tell me where i can found one looking like in the picture. (im on w10)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.rainmeter.net/
dafont.com/vcr-osd-mono.font
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That one is very basic. Two minutes of scripting in Rainmeter.

Looking into rainmeter. Bad that i dont know how to script

Install Rainmeter. I'll do the rest for you.

Done

Open a folder, any folder. Put this into the address bar, this will navigate you to the skins folder:

%userprofile%\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins

Make a new folder, name it Clock, or whatever you want.

Right click - new - text document... should create a new txt file. Again, name it whatever you want, but change the extension to ini instead of txt.

What goes inside comes in my next post

aaight, done

I can't find the exact same font. Is that a problem? Also I'd need a bigger screenshot to see what size you'd need the text to be.

This is how basically i want it to look like. After that can you tell me where to search and how to change fonts in the code ?

You'll see, it's pretty obvious where everything is, the code is dead simple. Let me finish it. So you basically want it huge and pixelated?

Just look for vcr osd font.

yeye totally

That complicates things a tiny bit. Make a @Resources\Fonts folder inside this skin folder. This is where you have to put "vcr osd mono" so rainmeter will recognize and use it.

This is the code you should put in the ini file, and pic related is how it should look like.

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackGroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[mTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%p %I:%M

[mDate]
Measure=Time
Format=%b. %G

[Time]
Meter=String
MeasureName=mTime
X=2
Y=5
FontFace=VCR OSD MONO
FontSize=50
FontColor=215,215,215

[Date]
Meter=String
StringCase=Upper
MeasureName=mDate
X=2
Y=R
FontFace=VCR OSD MONO
FontSize=50
FontColor=215,215,215

Also change Format under mTime from %p %I:%M to %p %#I:%M if you don't want leading zeroes in front of your hours.

wow. Thanks dude, helped me out a lot. Thumbs up man. How do you even know this ? I mean nothing impossible to learn, but yea still

If you want to learn it yourself, the rainmeter manual site is a great start.

docs.rainmeter.net/

I've written tens of thousands of lines of code for Rainmeter, with all sorts of context sensitive code, not just displaying basic stuff.

having a problem here - how to get that font? I have downloaded it, i put the font file in fonts folder but it seem no to work, should i just put the whole font zip file ?

You created a folder under Rainmeter\Skins called Clock... right? In that folder, create another folder called @Resources, then inside that folder another folder called Fonts.

This is the font I used:
dafont.com/vcr-osd-mono.font

Put the extracted font inside this newly created Fonts folder, right click on the Rainmeter tray icon and click on "Refresh all" so Rainmeter loads newly placed files and it SHOULD work.

Thanks bro gonna try it with my pc too :)

Alternatively, you could just double click the font and install it to windows, and it'll work too. The @Resources\Fonts folder's purpose is to reduce bloat in Windows, fonts placed here do not need to be installed.

It works. Cheers man, have a great day!