youtu.be/TdwT5JlH8gM
youtu.be/FMcjPZgK9GM
youtube.com/watch?v=MpRIYi721WE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lemmy

Lemmy played bass god damn it.

That's a bass you autist

That's Keith Moon dumbass

Wow, Buckethead looks like he hasn't aged a day!

Lindsey Buckingham

youtu.be/2o_YI_PgK0o

Skydog
not a god but a great player nonetheless

0/10 trolling and saying bassists. But Rush is a 10/10 band so I will respond.

Mick Taylor
lead guitarist for the stones from 69-74 also played with john mayalls bluesbreakers such a great guitar player

Roger Waters

Dave Mustaine from Megadeth is amazing

ITT: Old hippies

Skwisgaars

youtu.be/WELjNL7FajE

is that ozzy?

John Bonham's guitar work on the first Bob Marley album blew my fucking mind

It's Geddy.

This

youtu.be/Ht1M-XGaon0

i'm going off the raaaail on a crazy train

youtube.com/watch?v=-xssnp7R51A

You should listen to Pistol's album "In Your Ear" it will blow your fucking mind.

Isn't that the guy whose brain melted from acid?

he is always the same all these years

Who let an ape have a guitar?

Fucking Hendrix, stole all his tricks from Buddy Guy
>overrated

Geddy Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! God I love rush. This thread is such an obvious troll, because Geddy played bass and keyboard. :P

Anyhow, my nomination goes to the man to the left there. David Gilmour. ^.&

It doesnt get more dark and twisted than this. Meet the darkness made eternal in the blackest black of a dying sun as you lose your soul to infinity.

George Harrison, that fucker knows how to play a guitar

Knew*

my bad

Correct answer.

Bass "guitar"

Victor wooten bass god

even though I agree with you, every time one of these threads is made they post a bassist, and then when someone replies like you did, they just say "its a bass guitar"
theyre technically right, but its still stupid. idk if theyre being pretentious or if its always bait

Look up Ben woods plebs.

The best ever.

All Hail

Reggie is better

Page is GOAT tho

hell yeh

Well of someone if someone posts a guitar that's in a different range than what's standard is it still a guitar?, all a bass guitar is a low range guitar with only four strings, does that make it any less of a guitar?

That's a technicality that maybe only nerds like to harp on who don't actually play. :P Any musician knows that if you want to name best guitarist, you say guitar. Best with bass? They would say best BASSIST.

>has fewer strings
Is it less of a guartar?

Yes

Liz Buckingham

youtu.be/SFcUeWH9GqE

Lol

Anurism

Matters on your view point, bassist could easily mean any bass instrument bassjo, double bass, bass clarinet ; it's easier to group bass guitarists in with guitarists for the sake of the threads accuracy

I mean honestly if we want to be THAT technical, I expect to see people posting musicians who are amazing with the lute, the banjo, and the mandolin. :P

Jesus titty fucking Christ
>autismal levels off the charts

Paul Gilbert seems like a really nice guy.

this fucker

Stevie Ray Vaughan
youtube.com/watch?v=W_Yyn6LT2n4

Fuck yes! I love Hendriz

No pic but John Petrucci

youtube.com/watch?v=CFXvfBL4WkU

Doug Martsch, Stephen Malkmus, J Mascis, Joe Reinhart, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards, Tony Iommi, Clapton, Vaughan, Jim Hall, Chet Atkins

I would accept that more than a bass guitar

Pleb,
Guitars can be made with a varying numbers of strings, and string Guages, basses are just guitars with fewer, thicker strings

Greatest ever. Not even a contest.

Very close second

Honorable mentions

Goat

Genius; the drugs got him tho

>harp on
I see what you did there

Nicest guy ever.

Holly fucking shit. Son of Jesus, Johnny fucking Winter. I saw him in Nam after the Tet Offensive.

Goddamn best guitarist ever, especially given the gooks blew everything off below the navel. Listen to "I Love Everybody" if you want to live forever. It was part of the good Lord's promise to us made during the taping of Keasy's Farm.

I saw him heal a dead leper by spitting on the lepers mother. No shit.

Jason Becker is God

Pretty sure that's a giraffe being hit by a helicopter. Not a guitarist.

Nice try, toggaf.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dLltLpmK6kM

govan is a humongous faggot. just because you can noodle like a mad man in any scale or mode that you wish, perhaps even unlike any other human being, doesn't mean your music has any kind of emotive quality or soul to it. Proficiency is a talent all to itself sure but this guy is so fucking stale

Fewer=less than
>shit posting

And a bass is a type of guitar you mong.

Megadeth lead guitarist are better

He's talking to the fag that said Lemmy you dumbass

Paul is so cool and easy going. He's an amazing shredder and decent blues player and has a prolific arsenal of musicality, but he's not even a second to Guthrie.

Shawn Lane?!

HEY! I made out with Vernon Reid in a gay bar. Jimi, that was a whole decade and a half earlier.

He really improved on this. I never cared for the other guy. And I preferred Dylan's original All Along the watchtower, also

Rob Scallon is pretty good...video is somewhat related.
youtube.com/watch?v=KEodtWN7Xb0

You've just watched the wrong video of him. I shared this opinion for months of him, but finally let myself watch all of his shit on youtube, and he by far has the best soulful playing out of anybody I've ever seen.

His noodling isn't even that impressive, compared to Holdsworth or Shawn Lane.

Lol, story?

>Guthrie Govan
>No emotive quality

youtu.be/R2llLs4D5PA

gilbert's music has more feeling than govan's

Jason and marty Friedman

John Mayer

Bumping this post!

youtube.com/watch?v=sN71DQqDpJg

Guthrie has more emotion than all of the guitarists combined.

I was really more talking about guitarists that were mentioned here.

Lane is inhumanly good. But not my cup of tea.

True.

I've given it a gods honest try. My philosophy is that good music isn't always made by proficient musicians and visa versa. I realize we're talking specifically on "guitarists" and that encompasses technical skill as well as other factors. I just don't get what people find so great about this guitar teacher-tier weird fuck. I can't stand that fucking slurping thing he does after each sentence he says either, christ just thinking about it makes me want to rip my ears off

I don't respect that opinion. That's wrong. Gilbert has no music that even elicits feeling of emotion aside from "wow that's fucking fast shit!", or "wow, im sad, i can't harness the technique needed to play that :("

Govan, on the other hand, flows like water. His innate musicality is so prodigious I don't think there will be another in a century that can replicate what he emits so effortlessly.

jonny anthony fruscianti is best guitarris isnt he?

YAY! An honorable mention! ^.^ And for that, I leave you with one of Gilmour's greatest guitar solos ever! ^.~

youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk

Fair enough.

govan plays at one pace, the notes he throws into his phrasing are nice but the dynamics of his musical syntax are not diverse enough

100% agree. A lot of the best music ever has been made by musicians who have never taken a lesson in their lives and couldn't tell you what the locrian mode is if you put a gun to their heads.

But Govan knows all of that and uses it to tickle my ear-pussy just right. It's all personal taste

everything about this just tells me this guy should demo guitars for a living. This is not emotive playing. Nothing about this pushes boundaries. Sure, the guys an incredible talent for playing the guitar, but as an avid music listener this does nothing for me. It's so conventional, though I may not be able to improv the shit he is playing, I can hear exactly where hes going to go in my head. It's so predictable and jesus christ could the production get any more conventional

Slovak

Arlo yes. Your boy, not so much

thank you for respecting my opinion, and I appreciate hearing yours. The guy is a definite talent, just not for me. Apologies for the preceding insults to Govan, but the outrageous hype over him drives me nuts.

He's playing over a backing track someone else wrote. It's also for a website teaching guitar players how to solo. Of course it's going to be conventional.
And he's nailing the chordal tones to match the changes. The most important part of improving, The thing he's the website is teaching. So, yes, predictable, but of course it's not going to push boundaries.

youtu.be/TdwT5JlH8gM

Example of more stupid beards than at a hipster funeral

Understandable. I'm guilty of perpetuating the hype as well. usually, I just preface my opinion with the fact I'm a big fan.

God tier drummer

Buckethead

Saw them live about a month ago. It was fucking killer.

I guess I just have a different outlook as to what defines a "great guitarist" to me. I think it means completely redefining the instrument, playing in unique and iconic ways and being unlike other players of previous/current times. People like Thurston Moore and some of
the others that I mentioned here

Everybody was Kung fu fighting.
>fucking overcooked rice

paul gilbert>

/thread

Adam lambert >

Da fuq I just watch?

Mario Camarena, bitches

Ralph Macchio
/Thread

gilmour, hendrix & govan

SO BAD DUDE HAHAHAAA

I was sweeping the floor of Bear's lab when Jerry fatass Garcia tripped and spilt a kilogram of Owslie's best ever batch ever all over me.

I'm kind of unstuck... When are we?

What the fuck Hillary Clinton is running against president Trump? Wrong time line dude, wrong time line.

>getaloadofthisguy.jpeg

Steve vai

Nick was a whole lot cuter back then.

Will Swan

youtu.be/FMcjPZgK9GM

Roy making Hendrix look like beginner shit

Guitar battle scene was awesome

Michael schenker, you fuktards

Doing the Lord's work you are.

Bonus points for revering "Peace In Mississippi"

Who could forget this motherfucker right here?

youtube.com/watch?v=MpRIYi721WE

11 days after his birthday at that. :P

Thank you. Someone who isn't an idiot.

His guitar is on ebay right now.
$60,000

ESTAS TONNE best guitarist the world has ever seen, literally have never heard a guitar played any better

Duane Allman